Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Saab 9-3 Sedan

Comments

• Options
    trencher7trencher7 Member Posts: 48
    YOu and I are in the same boat. Lokking for the Vector at 0% financing. I was thinking of asking for invoice and the 0%. Not sure if I can get lower.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    If hitting reload is your next action after making a post, it will cause the message to repost, even though the text is no longer in the post box. If you go somewhere and come back (like hit the Sedans link and then hit the Saab 9-3 link again) you can reload all you want without reposting. Dumb, I know, but a fact of this message board. :-)

Also, lots of people don't realize that we have the ability to edit and/or delete our own posts. Those buttons appear to the right of the message title as long as you are logged in. The Edit button is only available for about 30 minutes after the post is made, but there is no time limit on the delete button.

Hope this helps!

:-)
  • Options
    stubiestubie Member Posts: 2
    Let me know how your negotiations go. If I can get the financing and invoice price I should be happy. I hope more posts show up with success stories.
  • Options
    needashaveneedashave Member Posts: 91
    Thanks much. I purchased the Black with gray ARC, I'm really enjoying the car. How about you? Are you still liking your ride? The zenons are space age. Coming from a Volvo (which I'm trying to sell BTW)the seats in the Saab are equally as good. At the end of the day, a sporty, comfortable european sedan was what I was looking for and the 9-3 more than meets the bill. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    bentlightbentlight Member Posts: 7
    I just picked up my Vector- 6spd, sunroof, touring package, and heated seats. I didn't want the last two options, but it was pretty slim pickings. I talked to dealers in Alabama(very nice), Tennessee, and Georgia(purchased from). The best deal I found was $600 over invoice. I asked about the Saab to dealer incentive and they said there were incentives for the Linear and Arc, but not the Vector. I took the $3500 rebate because it was going to save me more money than the 0% financing. I can't believe Kretch bought one below invoice---lucky.
    Also, I seem to have a ghost passenger. When I set something in the passenger seat, the passenger seat belt light comes on. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?
  • Options
    kretch41kretch41 Member Posts: 13
    bentlight: yeah, there is a little sensor for the passenger seat. It does seem to be extremely sensitive as my dinky notebook and bag set it off.

valuepac: Gartner in Aurora. Apparently there is another Saab dealership starting in the area and Gartner is receiving vehicles for that dealership as well.

alsonda: The 300W stereo is great but not excellent. The front door has a bit of a rattle-buzz that accompanies the bass. Overall, it's around the sound quality of my Jetta. That had a pretty tight Bose stereo w/ amp for a cheap car. I guess this is just my initial opinion for the Saab....it could change as I listen to a wider range of music.
  • Options
    james968james968 Member Posts: 7
    I saw a reference to a dealer incentive for the launch package and I was wondering if anyone had any more information on such a beast.

thanks,
    James
  • Options
    jimelewjimelew Member Posts: 1
    To bentlight: Does the the $600 over invoice include the $3500 rebate?

A dealer offered me $31,600 (including rebate)for a six speed Vector with Touring package, heated seats and sunroof (MSRP of $35,900). The invoice is about $32,500. Does this sound like a good deal?

This is the car I test drove. What kind of discount should I expect from the dealer if they use the car for test driving (it has about 55 miles on the odometer)?
  • Options
    I think you can do better. I am in negotiations right now, but walked since I didn't have more time to haggle. I bid on a loaded Vector automatic save the heated seats which I don't need. They wanted close to $800 over invoice with me going with the 0% financing. If I didn't get the 0% I could drop it another $3,500 from there. So add $800 to your invoice and drop the $3500 and at least get that.
  • Options
    regfootballregfootball Member Posts: 2,166
    i see lease ads now for linears of 299 a month with like 1400 down.

Of course, A4 1.8T quattros with leather can be had for 299 a month lease and so can 3 series. the entry lux cars must not be selling just so hot right now.
  • Options
    valuepacvaluepac Member Posts: 4
    Well i tried to get linear yesterday for $425 with 0 down including taxes. I was looking at basic linear with no extra options, but no luck, even with the Gm employee they still want 23,397 plus the 625 trans fee. I THOUGHT THERE IS $2500 FACTORY TO DEALER incentive, besides the 0% or $3000
  • Options
    simonsezsimonsez Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know if a Navigaton System will be available at some point? Perhaps as an aftermarket dealer installed option?

I've seen plenty of photos of a Nav screen (in place of the infotainment screen)in Saab marketing material but it isn't an option in the US at present.
  • Options
    tgp1810tgp1810 Member Posts: 112
    It will be an option at the end of the year for the 2004 models. The pictures you've seen are of the Eurpoean car.
  • Options
    Anyone know when the 2004's are released? Seems prety late in the year for Saab to come out with their 2003 9'3s. I mean the 2004 Acura TSX is already out.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if a Navigaton System will be available at some point? Perhaps as an aftermarket dealer installed option?

I've seen plenty of photos of a Nav screen (in place of the infotainment screen)in Saab marketing material but it isn't an option in the US at present.
  • Options
    OK, thanks TGP. Yeah, I thought that it was a Euro option.
  • Options
    Remember the 9-3 Linear was out in October? The Arc and Vector models were realsed so late in the US because of the overwhelming demand in Euroland. I wouldn't imaging Saab realsing '04 information or models before the end of summer.
  • Options
    To jimelew: My sale price was 31270 (all options except metallic paint and automatic transmission), which included port charges and advertising fees. There was an additional $299 for a documentation fee (can someone tell me what this is and if all dealers charge one?-they would not waive this) and $3 for the Georgia Lemon Law fee. I talked with five dealers within a 250 mile radius (Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee). Two of the dealers in Tennessee would only come off around $600 off the MSRP and did not return my calls when I told them that I had found two better deals. The deals in Alabama and Georgia were close and I would still do business at either dealership. The guy in Alabama was super nice and gave me advice when he knew I was about to purchase from another dealer. I was going to buy a car from him when the car was bought by another couple during my negotiations. That couple paid MSRP for the car. I think where you live and where you're willing to go to get the car is going to dictate what kind of deal you're going to get. The deals seem to vary quite a bit from region to region. I realized in my area, I was not going to get invoice. I didn't want to hold out for something I wasn't going to get and miss out on these incentives. Good luck!
  • Options
    oldsman01oldsman01 Member Posts: 1,203
    I haven't seen a $299 a month lease deal on the A4, but the 3 series lease for that price requires something like $2500 down.

bentlight, that seems like a pretty good price on a Vector. Was one of the TN dealers Rodgers Cadillac-Saab in Knoxville? This is one concern I have with the limited number of Saab dealers in a region. Also, I have not even mentioned to the local dealer than I plan to purchase using GMS pricing. I assume they participate in that program as dealer participation is optional. Anyone ever buy a car out of state?
  • Options
    glutz1glutz1 Member Posts: 20
    Camacle; I also had significant problems w/getting my opener and my 9-3's Homelink system to cooperate. After consulting w/my dealership, 3 calls to my garage door opener company (Genie) and 2 conversations w/Homelink, I was successful. According to Homelink, it can be very problematic w/new garage door openers, but apparently Genie openers can be particularly difficult, as the remotes often do not transmit on the required RF frequency.

You are correct though in that the absence of the rapid flashing from your Homelink LED indicates that your car's homelink system has not recognized your opener. Following homelink's advice, I installed a fresh battery in the opener and ultimately had to resort to using my 2nd opener to complete the programming. One other thing that I learned from Homelink is that when you're going through the initial step to clear out the homelink codes (pressing buttons 1 & 2 until your LED flashes rapidly); you must stop that process as soon as your LED starts to flash rapidly, as if you hold the button until the flashing stops, the Homelink system reverts to the default code. If you can't accomplish the programming, call Homelink (you can get their nbr from their Website), as they will work w/you to resolve the problem.
  • Options
    Anyone seen the adapters you can add to that disc shaped thing in the center to the right of the ignition? Looks like you can buy a CD holder or something, but I haven't seen where to order. Didn't find it on the Saabusa site.
  • Options
    tparkitparki Member Posts: 9
    Just a quick question about the “program protect.” The dealer will allow you to use current rebates for a car to be delivered in 2-3 months, now for leasing will they keep the MF and residual from when the car was ordered or will they use the current on the delivery date?
  • Options
    camaclecamacle Member Posts: 15
    I will try all your suggestions. Thank you (and the others) for responding to my post. Happy motoring.
  • Options
    mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    Well, I'm joining the club!

Had been shopping the Mazda6 (which I still think is a great car). Wasn't planning on buying for a few months. But when I saw the incentives on the 9-3, I had to take a look (also had $1000 in Olds owner rebate). Coupled with the fact that I got a very pleasant surprise Friday morning at work (my long anticipated promotion) - I was in the market immediately.

Friday I stopped by the dealership, and got to take a quick look, but they were closing. Walked away very impressed with the layout, as well as size. I thought it would be smaller. Went back Saturday afternoon to drive. Drove a launch package Linear automatic. I loved it. Went back to the salesman, talked a little, and was faced with a dliemma. I like the merlot, steel gray and midnight blue colors. I wanted to launch package, but they didn't have a color I liked except for the demo (which wasn't for sale as of yet). My favorite color was th steel gray. They had some a merlot linear in stock with just the auto, sunroof & heated seats. My wife had reservatioons about that color (she wasn't there buy saw the brocure) And they had a steel gray, plus the drivers package, coming in next week. Here's the catch: The car in stock had the no charge 16" wheels, and the one coming in had them listed as an option. So was it worth $500 to chage the color? at the time, I said no. I put a deposit down, since I wasn't ready to close that day anyway. The dealer told me he would let me change if I changed my mind.

Driving home, I'm thinking I should have just gotten the steel gray. As I think about it more yesterday, I realize that if I'm gonna spend 1500 more for the wheels and driver package, maybe I should look at the arc. After crunching numbers and ralizing it means about 39 bucks a month, we say what the hell - go fo it

So I call the dealer today, and see what he has in arcs (hadn't even looked at the Saturday). Find out he has a steel gray with parchment interior (which I preferred) arriving in 2 weeks. No touring package or sport wheels (didn't want either). Perfect.

After a little haggling, I give him 544 over invoice (about 200 more than Saturday). But I figured he deserved more since it's a higher priced car, less of them out there, and I was changing my order. Everyone's happy

Final deal:
    $5100 off MSRP (28,840). Total out the door of 30,880.

Didn't even drive the 210hp/221 tq turbo engine yet. I'm waiting to drive MINE, for a nice surprise.

I think the light color interior will look real nice with the steel gray.

Anyone know of any sites with owner's pictures? Haven't really found any yet

I CAN'T WAIT
  • Options
    I need more info on this "Program Protect" as well. I just ordered my Vector at $700 over invoice. Bay Area is tough to get a good deal. I wanted the 0% financing and they said it shouldn't be a problem, but my car is arriving on May 2nd and they can't guarantee that rate unless they have the invoice in hand during April. They said maybe the 0% will last until May, but no guarantees. The best they could say was that if the invoice isn;t here in April, they will give me the $3500 off option.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the May expected date is a factor or not, but I know with mine, since the expected date is 4/26, that the deal was locked in if the car is late. They'd either date it for 4/30 (if it comes in May 1 or 2) or use the program protect.

I do rmember that when we were looking for cars that were arriving, he was skipping over the ones with May dates. Not sure if that was incentive related, but we found the one I wanted next & I didn't ask.

I would think if you are signing the contract in April that you'll be OK. That's the way it SHOULD work
  • Options
    -mrblonde49
    You could try HERE  . This page has pictures of the Arc with Cosmic Blue and light interior.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. That's a cool site. I'll have to put mine up there when I get it. :)
  • Options
    cman321cman321 Member Posts: 7
    i just bought my arc....i take possesion on saturday....question....are floormats extra...if so how much....
  • Options
    kretch41kretch41 Member Posts: 13
    cman321 - floormats are not extra. (Although I think you can get all-weather ones).

mrblonde49 - congrats. You will be impressed by the upgraded turbo on the Arc after driving the Linear.
  • Options
    needashaveneedashave Member Posts: 91
    mrblonde49 - I have a black ARC and the upgrade is well worth the extra dough. Amazing acceleration from 40 to 80!
  • Options
    Olsman01: They were on my list, but I never got around to calling them. I talked to dealers in Memphis, Nashville, and Chatanooga. All five dealers, including Birmingham, AL and Marietta, GA, had a very limited inventory of Vectors. As I said earlier, one dealer had one in stock and it sold for MSRP. The Marietta and Atlanta dealerships are owned by the same people. I was told that combined they are the fourth largest dealer in the U.S. They did have the biggest selection of Saabs overall that I had seen. They did locate me a Vector with less options, but the dealer that had it would not sell it to them.
  • Options
    danncasdanncas Member Posts: 24
    the new 2004 should be out mid summer. As far a savingsa Oversea delivelry is still the best if you don't mind a vacation in Swenden our Europe. I'm going this way.I will be going in Decemeber to vist family and then drive my vector on the Autobahn and they will ship it back to me when I leave. All for about 8% under MSPR with every opition there is. our clouse 4%under invoice.
  • Options
    Eurpoean delivery is cool; 5% under MSRP and Saab will give you $1000 towards travel expenses, however from the time you leave Europe and the time you take delivery of you car in the US is something like 4-5 months.
  • Options
    dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
  • Options
    guustguust Member Posts: 10
    I have the Linear without the automatic climate control and my question is if I also have the cooled glove box? In the Saab 9-3 catalog it says that the glove box is cooled by the automatic climate control, based on that I am assuming that I do not have the climate controlI do not have it.
    Any comments?
  • Options
    guustguust Member Posts: 10
    I have the Linear without the automatic climate control and my question is if I also have the cooled glove box? In the Saab 9-3 catalog it says that the glove box is cooled by the automatic climate control, based on that I am assuming that I do not have Cooled Glove Box.
    Any comments?
  • Options
    Anyone know where gas mileage is posted for the Vector/Arc?
  • Options
    Should be:

Automatic
    22/31/25 (city/highway/combined)
    est. annual fuel cost: $930

Manual:
    23/31/26 (city/highway/combined)
    est. annual fuel cost: $895
  • Options
    xmf314xmf314 Member Posts: 154
    Here is the Saab press release on the upcoming 9-2:

http://saabusa.01o.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?T=th1hh&R=492106054
  • Options
    fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    I test drove a 6 speed Vector yesterday and I have to say, all of my complaints about the Linear I drove a few weeks ago have been addressed.

The suspension was Euro tight and supple, the acceleration was good (not as quick as I expected, though), the shifter was much improved (though slightly rubbery) and the interior was nice with the "aluminum" trim. The radio is ridiculous as you need a passenger to change the radio station for you if you're driving. I was, however, pleased to see there is no up-shift warning light shining in your face!

The salesman copied the invoice for me and with GMO pricing and $2500 cash back, a loaded Vector with moonroof, touring package, heated seats, etc. would cost me about $29,000 + tax.

I think, performance wise, the Vector compares well to BMW 325i with Sport Package...but for the same money, Saab gives you many more features.

My next step? - The Acura TSX MSRP is about the same price as a discounted Arc, and on paper, looks to be about it's performance and luxury equal. I'll have to check it out. Also, with GMO pricing and incentives, I could probably get a 2004 9-3 convertible for about $33,000 this fall...that would be sweet!
  • Options
    >>The salesman copied the invoice for me and with GMO pricing and $2500 cash back, a loaded Vector with moonroof, touring package, heated seats, etc. would cost me about $29,000 + tax.<<

Damn. That's a good deal. I thought my $5100 off sticker was good (with $1000 Olds rebate).

That's about 7K off sticker, right?
  • Options
    tseisentseisen Member Posts: 2
    I am considering the purchase of a 9-3 Vector, but wanted to see if anyone know what changes are expected in the 2004 model (Due in ~Aug 03) outside of a nav system.

Thanks
  • Options
    pablo_lpablo_l Member Posts: 491
    > Also, with GMO pricing and incentives, I could
    > probably get a 2004 9-3 convertible for about
    > $33,000 this fall...that would be sweet!

I doubt it, current incentives for the current convertible, which used to be in the mid-40s packed and now trade in the mid-30s will very likely not apply for the new '04 convertible. I would expect 40s for a loaded convertible, and the usual 39.95 for a pase one.

...p
  • Options
    vcjumpervcjumper Member Posts: 1,110
    My saab-o-phile friend almost threw up when he heard that one.. He's had 3 Saabs but now thinks he may have bought his last and will be buying German next. Then again he hasn't seen pics of the 9-3 vert yet!
  • Options
    r34r34 Member Posts: 178
    I got this news from a Saab service guy during the Chicago Auto show. He told me the turbo will be a Subaru one. 2.5L turbo, AWD and starting from $20K... Both of us prefer a 9-2 to a Vector because of AWD.

Actually, I really want ALL Saab to be "Made in Sweden" but I think it may not be too bad for an "Made in Japan" Saab. At least the reliability level will be improved. It is better than a "Made in US/Mexico" Saab.
  • Options
    Is the Cd player that comes with the Touring package an in dash 6 cd changer or is it in the trunk?
  • Options
    wmquanwmquan Member Posts: 1,817
    It's an in-dash CD player. It does not use a magazine, you just slide in the CD's.
  • Options
    Is the Cd player that comes with the Touring package an in dash 6 cd changer or is it in the trunk?
  • Options
    fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    mrblonde - I didn't pay close attention to the sticker price but I think it was about $35,500. That's about $6000 off.

pablo - You're right, $33,000 is a little optimistic. Saab raised prices for the new 9-3 by a nominal amout this year, so I'm guessing the 2004 convertible might start at about than $40,800. GMO price should therefore be about $36,500...add a $2500 incentive and I'm now at $34,000...we'll see. GM has been keeping the incentives pretty steady, even with brand new models, for the past two years. I'm expecting (hoping) they'll still be around this fall. If they aren't, I'll just wait a few months...they always come back!