Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Sienna Future Models

Comments

• Options
    windstarloserwindstarloser Member Posts: 11
    . . . no vans for the Syracuse Auto Expo, but FOUR for Chicago. Thanks, Toyota!
  • Options
    toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    It really depends on whether the savings is worth the time it will take to do a factory order on a Toyota. The option package with the Cruise doesn't have pricing information yet, but let's say that the way that they're equiping them, it adds $1,000 to the base price of the vehicle. It may take 4-6 months to get an order to come in if it is possible at all and after that, it can severely adversely affect the resale depending on how long you plan on keeping the van if it doesn't have the "typical" options on it.

So that is something I can't decide for you, but just know what the option to not get the equipment may "cost" you.

Ken
  • Options
    sail5sail5 Member Posts: 7
    I'm locking in on an '04 this week (full MSRP), but need to know which color the pic below is - Arctic Frost Pearl or Silver Shadow Pearl? In the dim light it looks most like the '03 Lunar Mist Metallic... Any thoughts?

http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_library/display_photo.html?recn- um=004090
  • Options
    gwvgatorgwvgator Member Posts: 2
    Sail5, please share your info, were you quoted an MSRP and what region are you in? What is the time frame the dealer promised? Im assuming nobody gets any until mid March...but hadnt heard any pricing was available and didnt think it was possible to order yet. thanks
    -Scott
  • Options
    sequoiasaurussequoiasaurus Member Posts: 240
    Silver Shadow Pearl or Desert Sand Mica...it's hard to tell. Both are nice and hard to determine at a distant.

Silver is probably going to be the more popular color though.

Looking at the picture I posted above from Chicago, I would guess that they are:
    Silver Shadow Pearl (on turntable)
    Desert sand Mica (top)
    Phanton Gray (bottom) [maybe Blue Mirage]
    Aspen Green (far left)

I'm assuming from your remark MSRP that you just agreed to pay MSRP and no hard numbers were discussed, right?

Jack
  • Options
    want1nowwant1now Member Posts: 3
    Cool, Jack posted a pic with the same window I was looking through to see 3 of the 4 Siennas being prepped. First impression was a personal letdown for 2 reasons: 1)From previous high resolution pics I though the Sienna was looking more like an SUV and seeing it in person removed that opinion - its a minivan alright and 2)I was considering moving on up to the XLE but aside from the tinted windows, aluminum wheels and "sonar" bumper there's virtually nothing on the exterior to set it apart from the CE - major differences are on the inside and not the outside between models. Simply opinion, didn't mean to be a bummer. Like I said, I'll still buy one when available.
  • Options
    with a dealer in North Texas. We're running numbers based on a $36k guesstimate (conservatively high?) on an XLE Limited w/ DVD. He has not got his specific allocation yet, but based on regional allocation numbers this week he's confident he can get hold of this model by first week in April (narrowing color choice, hence my question above). No money changing hands, but another dealer two of us have talked to south of here had 14 on a waiting list already.
  • Options
    Sequoiasaurus, I agree silver shadow pearl will be popular, but am curious how bright white the arctic frost pearl will actually be. I don't see it offered on any current Toyota models, so must be a new offering in '04?
    I really like the current lunar mist metallic (not as bright as silver), but guess it's going away for '04.
  • Options
    shabbycatshabbycat Member Posts: 65
    I guess a used 04 is in the works for me. Looks like a used Sienna (01 or older) is in my iminent future and the 04 will have to wait. Dh says we can buy it used in 5 years. What is going to happen with the resale value of 03's and older? Will it be awful? What happened after the Ody's redesigned?
  • Options
    dplachtadplachta Member Posts: 109
    Given that we will tow our pop-up with our next vehicle, we considered the Sequoia, which starts at $32K. However, Toyota doesn't make them that way. The lowest sticker priced Sequoia in NE Ohio is $36K.

I also suspect the lowest priced Sienna will come with 3 or 4K in options.
  • Options
    I'm trying to compare the '03 to '04 for the purposes of determining an approximate sticker cost of a new '04 LE. In the mean time, I've listed some apparently standard features in the new model that were optional before. This list is substantial, IMO.

'04 CE model standard equipment that was optional or unavailable in '03:

5 sp transmission, 240 hp
    captain's chairs in 2nd row
    index seating (not sure what this is, but might be the repositioning of the 2nd row seats)
    pwr windows, locks and mirrors
    color keyed bumpers and door handles
    16" wheels
    keyless entry
    6 speakers vs. 4
    3500 lbs towing vs. 2000 lbs.
  • Options
    jctobinjctobin Member Posts: 25
    The pricing of the CE will depend on how aggressive Toyota is going to be about gaining market share. Folks are right that the 22.9K price is a teaser, but regardless there are still signs that Toyota is going to be at least reasonably aggressive. There are only three option packages listed on the info Jack posted, one of which appears to be more or less a listing of standard features. (Can they really charge for this?) Another only adds a rack and cruise control. Only one of the packages appears to add big bucks. Also, some of the stuff that was optional (power windows) is now included in the base price. Of course, there are still dealer-installed options, but I think Ken is about right in estimating 25K as a typical CE price including destination charge.

I think dplachta is overestimating the amount that the CEs will get jacked up, having shopped the 03s, generally they were jacked up considerably less than 3-4K. (More expensive vehicle, more expensive option packages.) And if you're willing to wait 6-9 months, I think less than MSRP will be doable as competition is heating up in the minivan market, and the economy doesn't seem to be turning around. I think Honda's long reign of no discounts will be difficult to duplicate.

Shabbycat, you might consider getting one of the '03s rather than used, I've seen CEs advertised in the Boston area for <20K, although I'm not sure of the status of the rebate that Toyota was offering. Personally, I'd be reluctant to get an '03 unless it's a killer deal, I'd rather spend a bit more and get a 04 CE at MSRP, although I am partial to the 03s size as I think it is a bit more manageable. But in all other ways the new model looks like it blows the old one out of the water.

Unfortunately, no moles willing to pass on pricing so far, but it can't be long. My wife speculated they wanted to wait until after the President's day sales to get the pricing out to give dealers more time to move the 03s.
  • Options
    iridiumflashiridiumflash Member Posts: 10
    Would like to speak with you. Is this possible?
  • Options
    danhirschdanhirsch Member Posts: 20
    According to a Toyota press release, Toyota is also going to produce the new Tundra Double cab truck at the same plant as the Sienna and Sequoia. The Tundra Double Cab is premiering today (2/12/03) at the Chicago Show. I wonder how this will effect production levels.

Also, the reason that Chicago got four and 'Cuse got none is probably the proximity to the plant in Indiana and storage facilities.

We're only about a month away from the 2004 Sienna! 30 days!!!

By the way is "Sequoia" the shortest word to use all five vowels? Just wondering.
  • Options
    I think JC is right--the base model won't be 3-4K more. Sorry for my wild guess.

More upgrades from '03 to '04:
    Conversation mirror
    Tire pressure warning system
  • Options
    Todays press release from Toyota in Chicago:

"Bigger, bolder, and beautiful, the all-new Sienna will lay rightful claim to the mantel of best-in-class minivan. And, with very affordable pricing it will set a new standard that will be hard to beat."

Could be another busy day. More later...

Jack
  • Options
    iridiumflashiridiumflash Member Posts: 10
    ...with all second row seats removed and third row folded down? Can the Odyssey carry 4X8 building material? Thanks!
  • Options
    Yes
    No, I don't believe.
    Your welcome!

Jack
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    The Odyssey can carry 4 x 8, but not with the rear hatch closed. Can the Sienna carry it with the door closed? Anybody got a tape measure that is going to Chicago?
  • Options
    bearpamplinbearpamplin Member Posts: 25
    $36,000 Sounds high for a Van with DVD Player. You can buy the same vehicle in an Odyssey for $29,000. Or a Chevy Venture Warner Brothers model for $24,000. I'd save the $7,000 and go on vacation in a different van.
  • Options
    We are not able to solicit business here, but if you look at member's profiles, you can usually find a way to contact them.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • Options
    bearpamplinbearpamplin Member Posts: 25
    Can you get us prices and what you have coming in? Since you are a Toyota salesman.
  • Options
    Actually, we don't have picing yet either. As I've stated earlier on the board, as we get pricing, I'll post it here for everyone. The one we have allocated to us has the equipment listed on it along with it's model code, but in the pricing line, it shows no pricing as of yet, until they release pricing.

Ken
  • Options
    jeproxjeprox Member Posts: 466
    according to this article in motor trend, new 2004 sienna can carry 4x8 sheets "completely inside the vehicle". i guess this means the hatch can be closed.

price is supposed to be cheaper by US$1000 compared to the current 2003 CE model.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/news/112_news7/
  • Options
    gessgess Member Posts: 90
    The Odyssey can carry 4x8 plywood WITH the door closed. That's why the new Sienna can do it as well; to match the Odyssey's cargo cabability. The Odyssey can also carry building materials (2x4's etc.) under the seats if you wish, which the new Sienna will not be able to do.
  • Options
    jenr1jenr1 Member Posts: 17
    I have emailed a few dealers in my area to ask them which models they are getting by 3/14 and when the next shipment will come and if they know which models those would be also. I asked them to provide me with the accessory codes for each one if that is all they had. Because I have that list from Jack's site. Many of them have told me they are getting several. (we'll see) But anyway, they have given me a bunch of codes for example:
    LE Accessories: FE BW DH Z1 WH V5
    I don't understand all of these other codes? Does anyone know? (Ken?) Should I just be concentrating on the BW or the AM for the Le model etc. On one of my emails the dealer listed two vehicles the Z1 on one of them is under "port installed accessories" also the letters CF are port installed. Does anyone know what port installed accessories are? Is this anything that I should even pay attention to when trying to find my vehicle once msrp is released? Thanks
  • Options
    gtahobegtahobe Member Posts: 42
    I've carried several sheets (probably 5 or 6 at the most) in my dad's Odyssey with the doors closed. The only issue is that you have to slide the sheets into the van. You need to go under the two hooks on either rear wheel well. These hooks are used to lock the third row seats in the up position.

For what it's worth, I've carried up to 8 or 9 sheet in my dad's old '93 P Grand Voyager. Much easier to load because you can drag it in at any angle and then let it fall to the floor. The only issue here is that if you have more than about 4 or 5 sheets, you'll need a 2x4 to hold up the remaining sheet so that the rear gate door handle can clear. Did that make sense? Let me try again. If you attempted to close the rear gate with 8 sheets in place, the rear gate's inside handle would crash into sheet 5, 6, and 7, so they'd all need shimmied up a few inches. There. That's better.

I personally was very excited to hear that the new sienna could carry 4x8 sheets. That's probably my number one criteria to considering a van. So now my options are greater than just the MSRP Odyssey vs the reliable Chrysler:) I also like that fact that the sienna's fold down seats don't have any extra hooks that would inhibit loading 4x8 material.

Once I do buy a new van, it'll make my dad happy too!

Gee, maybe I should ask him what it is worth to him for me to stop asking to borrow his Odyssey:)
  • Options
    papabrodypapabrody Member Posts: 5
    FWIW, my wife is doing some business with a Toyota dealership owner here in the upper mid-west. She stated that they don't expect pricing until about a week before they receive their first shipment (which is mid-March).

Also, any reason Toyota won't release pricing before that?
  • Options
    Because we don't have a full listing of the pricing yet, we don't have a full listing of options either. That being said, let me explain the difference between factory, PPO(Port), and dealer options.

There are three different places that options can be put on toyota's. The first is at the factory. These are typically either packaged options or "hard adds", meaning things that need wiring or changes to the whole vehicle to have put on the vehicle. Examples would be ABS on some toyota's, different size wheels, VSC, etc. All of these necessitate changes to the overall mechanical make-up of the vehicle and may need different computers, speedometers, etc. and can't be put on by the dealer. These options are, for the most part, not able to be changed by the dealer. If they can be, it is a very difficult and time consuming process. (taking from 4-6 months if it can be done at all)

The second place options can be installed is PPO (port) which stands for post production options. These are typically "bolt-on" options such as running boards, cargo nets, floor mats and the such. These the dealer can add or delete if they change them early enough in the production process. The positive of PPO vs. dealer installed accessories is that the dealer doesn't have to pay labor costs and often can get "credit" for items being replaced by the new accessory. For example, Alloy wheels on some Toyota's are only a few 100 dollars as PPO options. At the dealer, they are often $1,000 or more because the dealer doesn't get credit for the steel wheels and wheel covers the alloy wheels are replacing and has to pay labor expenses to re-mount the tires.

The last place options can be added to a new Toyota is at the dealer. Again, these are typically "bolt-on" items as listed above. With these, labor has to be factored in as well as the posibility that equipment that is being replaced by the new equipment will not be credited for by Toyota.

Hope this helps explain the terms.

Ken
  • Options
    As for the interpretation of the specific option codes you listed, here goes.

FE - 50 State emissions
    BW - LE package #7 : Trip computer/homelink, Power right hand sliding door, rear seat audio, wire harness and package, vehicle skid control, rear disc brakes, windshield wiper de-icer, daytime running lights, driver and front passenger side-bolster airbags, all-3 row side curtain airbags, P215 alloy wheels.
    DH - Tow receiver hitch
    Z1 - Preferred accessory package (don't hold me to this, I'm taking this from the '03 model description) Cargo net, rear bumper protector, first aid kit
    WH - Wireless headphone
    V5 - VIP RS3200 Plus security system

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • Options
    at http://www.wieck.com/public/index.html

Select Chicago from the drop down.

So far from what I see. The Sienna still wins.

#1 observation is the Monterey only has a one piece 3rd row bench!

Jack
  • Options
    sbell4sbell4 Member Posts: 446
    7 passenger CE 22955
    8 " CE 23575
    7 " LE 24260
    8 " LE 24410
    7 " XLE 28260
    7 " LTD 34480
  • Options
    minnijaminnija Member Posts: 3
    I'm sure I am not going to be the last to ask but where did you get the pricing info?!

thanks
  • Options
    Ken, thank you, that helps alot. Don't know what we would all do without you.

sbell4 - Yup, wanna know where you got the pricing too. Is this just an educated guess?
  • Options
    minnijaminnija Member Posts: 3
    look at profiles before I ask questions. it looks like you probably have a good source. I am wondering if I can use these numbers on e the dealer i am currently working with...
  • Options
    just checked your profile too. Would still like to hear more about if these are real or whatever you have to say.
  • Options
    ...for the pricing. LE is a bit lower than I expected, which is good; the differential from CE is less than '03. XLE and Limited probably about what I would expect. Interesting to note the larger premium for the 8 passenger model on CE as opposed to LE.

But we're never satisfied! How about the AWD models, and prices for major packages?
  • Options
    The info is from Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. Inc. Prices will be released to the public today so I gave you guys a first look!
  • Options
    7 passenger LE 27875
    7 passenger XLE 31465
    7 passenger LTD 36930

Please forgive me but there are too many packages for me to be able to enter them on this board.

I assure you that someone will be able to soon.

There are 4 CE packages, 11 LE packages, 20 XLE packages and 5 Limited packages
  • Options
    steveb84steveb84 Member Posts: 187
    sbell beat me to listing the pricing info.

I'm swamped this afternoon, but later hope to combine the pricing info with the Chicago region order to come up with some real-world pricing.

Steve
  • Options
    THE INFO IS CORRECT

I just got it off the fax. Sorry I've had it since 11:45am and been hard at work on new site. THANK YOU!

I'll post more with copies of Toyota PR later.

Must put this together ASAP.

Jack

Told you all it was going to be another busy day.
  • Options
    CE $22,955 $950 less than 2003

LE (7) $24,260 $1,495 less than 2003
    LE (8) $24,410
    LE AWD $27,875

XLE FWD $28,260 $248 more than 2003
    XLE AWD $31,465

Ltd FWD $34,480
    Ltd AWD $36,930

Appears as if the AWD Ltd will easily approach $40K with DVD nav or entertainment options. Wow! But no surprise.

Jack
  • Options
    I pulled a slightly revised spec sheet off the Toyota site a few minutes ago. It looks like the mileage figures have been revised somewhat:

Original estimates:
    2WD 20/25
    4WD 18/22

Current estimates:
    2WD 19/27
    4WD 18/24

Lost 1 mpg on FWD city, gained 2 mpg on both models hwy.
  • Options
    The build your own website is up.
    Includes option packages and msrp prices.

Wait until after 5pm so that I'll be done. I don't want all of you going there now and crashing their server while I'm still looking.

http://www.toyota.com/toyotaConfigApp/index.jsp
  • Options
    siennagal2siennagal2 Member Posts: 1
    OK, now that we've gotten a peek at these prices, will folks be lining up to buy an '04 Sienna? I'm pleased so far by what I see. IMHO there are must be quite a few other folks out there like me who have wanted to buy or already have a minivan but just haven't seen a thing out there of any interest. Do those of us in smaller market areas who want a '04 Sienna have to order one, or do we camp out like we're waiting for concert tickets? For someone who has never even entertained the thought of ordering any other vehicle, will dealers try to charge us extra for a special order? How will Toyota avoid the 'self-righteous dealer' syndrome?
  • Options
    The build your own website is up.
    Includes option packages and msrp prices.

Wait until after 5pm so that I'll be done. I don't want all of you going there now and crashing their server while I'm still looking.

http://www.toyota.com/toyotaConfigApp/index.jsp
  • Options
    wardewarde Member Posts: 26
    I can't believe that the 8 passenger is only 150.00 more than the 7 passenger. Wow! I am a little shocked, I was expecting more like the Chevy which is 680.00 more. Great for me! Thanks everyone for all the information. You are the greatest!
  • Options
    I'm just finding 2003 model info, not 04, at the link you supplied.
  • Options
    hschultzhschultz Member Posts: 42
    Pretty much as I suggested a month or so ago (right here in this forum)...demand for minivans is falling off sharply as SUV's and cross-overs eat away.

Although I suspect initial (1-2 months) demand for the Siennas will be strong (I don't suspect there will be much, if any, dealer mark-ups above MSRP), I predict that one will be able to obtain a Sienna (any level) at/near invoice by the end of the year, especially with the arrival of new products from Honda, Ford/Mercury, the Pacifica, etc.

I plan to trade in our '03 Ody (just purchased in November) this December (a very slow month for new car sales) on a new Sienna, assuming we like it. Why? Rear side airbags for the l'il uns.

Here's an excerpt from the article:

Posted 2/12/2003

Minivans fading, but not driving away just yet
    DETROIT (AP) &#151; Twenty years after Baby Boomers fell in love with the minivan and made it a ubiquitous part of America's suburban landscape. Now, Generation X could be killing it off.

These days, people in their 20s and 30s &#151; and even aging Baby Boomers &#151; are more often opting for one of the growing number of sport-utility or so-called crossover vehicles, which tend to be more stylish while providing the functionality that attracted the original minivan following.

SUVs, despite increasing criticism of their fuel-efficiency and safety records, and crossovers comprised about 25% of U.S. light vehicle sales last year. Minivan shares, meanwhile, fell to 6.7%, its worst performance since 1989.

The minivan segment peaked at 8.2% in 1994 and 1995.

Industry observers say the reason for the revival &#151; or, perhaps, last gasp &#151; is that minivans still account for more than 1 million sales in the USA, and anyone who wants to be viable in the increasingly competitive domestic marketplace can't afford to cede an iota of business.

Toyota's 2004 Sienna, which goes on sale next month, has more interior space, power and fuel economy than earlier models. The Japanese automaker says it hopes to sell 120,000 in the first year of production &#151; 40,000 more than '02.

Nissan plans to start selling its new Quest in July. It features the first Bose audio system designed for a minivan, a DVD entertainment system and two vertical skylights running the length of the vehicle.

Earlier this month, GM said it will revamp its Chevrolet and Pontiac minivans and, for the first time, offer Saturn and Buick models starting in 2005.

Ford will use Chicago as the stage to debut its new Monterey and Freestar, which replaces the Windstar. The new vehicles will be in dealerships later this year.

Ford had 14.6% of the U.S. minivan market last year, down from 17% in 2001. George Pipas, the company's top sales analyst, said minivan sales as a percentage of the overall U.S. are likely to continue to decline in the coming years because of more choices among SUVs and crossovers.

Clearly this story aligns with Toyota's announced intentions to try to be the market-share leader in this segment; they're not going to try to maximize profits on every single unit, but rather saturate the market (producing 50% more than last year!) with a competitive product and hope to make a little profit on every transation.

Good luck everyone; happy shopping.
  • Options
    s1ginss1gins Member Posts: 51
    I can't believe the pricing differentials. Why would the AWD option differ by model, meaning why AWD cost more on XLE vs LTD? Pricing seems very high, I can't believe they will get MSRP much passed the initial two months. These will definitely go for a couple of hundred over cost. Toyota must be trying to keep the Odyssey deals to a minimum, with this pricing there is no reason to discount below MSRP for Honda.

I guess I will not be buying an AWD nor an LTD, will have to see what options and real world pricing are.

Thanks for the good work!