Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kkftzkkftz Member Posts: 15
    Indy, it's my understanding that you pay tax from the state you live in... for example... if you live in Wisconsin where the tax rate is 5.6%... state tax is higher in IL (Chicago).... if you decide to purchase in IL, you still pay WI tax vs. IL.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287
    I live in KY... I bought a car in Chicago last year.... No tax due there.. They will give you an Illinois title (eventually), and you take that and the bill of sale with you to register the car and pay taxes in your home state..

regards,

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    wisngamecockwisngamecock Member Posts: 52
    That is correct. You pay your local tax rate. In this case, I transferred plates, so the registration and tax were handled during the sales transaction. Acura of Libertyville did there homework before I arrived, so it was very simple for me.
  • Options
    keyserkeyser Member Posts: 31
    Wisngame,

Yes it is interesting how we both ended up with the TL. I was ready to buy the Max and save some money, but the more I thought about it, the more I disliked the look of the interior, and the small rear window kind of irked me.
  • Options
    igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    Other than tires (which dealer should be able to swap out themselves), I think color combo plays a bigger role. keyser/laura's deals were from a ready car off lot. Red/camel is a very rare animal that chance is slim that you can find one available on a lot anytime, let along a 6MT. Anthracite would be much easier to find and deal. So if today is the only day forget about red/camel and try to locate a gray one.

Local supply and demand, more than anything, determines the kind of quotes you'd get. More dealers means more supply, but it's to be countered by demand. Bay Area has about 10 dealers in 50 miles range, but you don't get a quote like $30.5K, not even $31K. Japanese cars, luxo or not, seem to be always on high demand in CA. On the other hand, there may be areas of country there US or German luxo cars are more popular than Japanese ones, if luxo cars are in demand at all, then 2-3 local dealers may be enough to give you a decent deal.
  • Options
    phbr123phbr123 Member Posts: 3
    That's sounds like a pretty good deal. What dealer is this from?
  • Options
    arizonaroadsarizonaroads Member Posts: 9
    I agree, the Redondo Red/Camel color combination is uncommon, especially in a 6spd manual, and not to be found in Arizona before the end of December or even early January. (I should have mentioned that I am looking for non-navi, but everyone probably guessed that.) Buying a car in current inventory at the end of the year is definitely the smart move, and I salute laurasdada and wisngamecock for their sagacity and negotiating skills. I just have my heart set on a Camel/Red 6spd with HPT. I don't believe that tires were truly an issue for the salesman from Bell Acura; he was simply using that as a smokescreen to avoid a direct discussion of availability and price. I get the impression that for some dealerships, the "Internet manager" is just someone handing out leads to floor salespeople who want to handle the customer in the usual manner. This doesn't appear to hold for several dealerships in the Midwest and Northeast, where all the best deals seem to be occurring. More dealerships mean better availability and better deals, that's for sure. Arizona only has four dealers for the state. While competition in California is less limited, the regional preference for Japanese brands keeps prices high, I agree. Unfortunately for me, Arizona dealers appear to be taking their cues from the California business model instead of the Midwest. So given the car I want, I will probably have to order my TL assuming an Arizona dealer is willing to meet my price, which is somewhat in doubt.

Or there is always Plan B, which involves a one-way airline ticket to Ohio or Illinois (Boston is just a bit too far) and shopping via the Internet with Acura of Libertyville or Lindsay Acura or one of the other dealerships that people here have reported good experiences with. I am very intrigued by the comments from keyser and kyfdx that Illinois seems willing to not charge sales tax on out-of-state buyers, but allows the buyer to register the car in their home state and pay the sales tax there. Did I get that concept wrong, and if not, how does that work? Does the dealership issue temporary 5-day tags to allow you to drive your new TL home? I think any additional discussion of out-of-state buying and how sales tax is handled would be helpful to those of us who don't have physical access to large numbers of dealers and Acuras, yet don't mind talking car deals across the Internet. The sales tax issue is important due to the additional income tax deduction allowed on your 2004 and 2005 returns.
  • Options
    minsnowminsnow Member Posts: 6
    Am interested in Acura TL Auto with Navi around Minneapolis and it seems not possible to get more than 1000-1500$ below MSRP (so 34 000 $ at best inc. destination charge)at the 3 dealers around Minneapolis.

Anybody here who got better luck?
  • Options
    indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    $1,000-$1500 off MSRP ain't so bad on this car. If you find the combination you want at that price, buy it and enjoy.
  • Options
    michael108michael108 Member Posts: 1
    After an hour of negotiation for a standard 2005 Acura TL (non-Navi, auto, no any option) in a Seattle area dealership today, the best price I get is $32200. Was told "you can go home if you don't like the price" before we walked away. Since I'm seeing people in the forum talking about price around $31300 etc for a non-Navi 2005 TL in other states, I'm wondering why the price is much higher in Washington state? Did anybody get a better price in Seattle area?
  • Options
    modulithmodulith Member Posts: 2
    Arizonaroads,

Funny, I just had the same experience as you. I'm also in Phoenix, and was looking for a silver or anthracite/ebony or quartz 05, 6 speed Navi w/o HPT. Bell Acura actually gave me a quote of 33k + TTL for the car, and I went to try and buy it, and then they did a bait and switch for a 6 speed white/camel Nav that they had on the lot for 33k. I almost bought that car, however it ended up to be a color choice. Since then, I've contacted the fleet/internet manager @ Scottsdale Acura and got a firm quote of 34.1K or so. Tempe Acura wanted just about the same. I contacted through the internet a dealer in Albuquerque NM, and they responded, but laughed @ offers for 33-33.5k. Tempe Acura had a silver/ebony TL 6sp w/Nav on their lot, but sold it for 34.5k

I then got a car buying advisor to look for the TL, and the best he came up with (with his buying power) was a little over 34k plus 500 for his fees. He also told me that Bell Acura is famous for lowballing and bait/switch tactics.

Bottom line: the TL in Phoenix is hard to come by for < 1000 over invoice.. the manual version is nonexistant. I'm thinking of waiting until the new '05 G35 6speeds come out, and will play around w/the dealers w/that car. I'm sure that it will command a price near MSRP, though :(
  • Options
    cooljcoolj Member Posts: 15
    I have a chance to purchase a 2000 3.2TL for $13,500. It is dark blue, full woodgrain trim, dvd navigation, and has 64,500 miles on it - super clean with a clear vehicle history report.

Please give any opinions on this price and things to look out for on the vehicle before buying. Thanks
  • Options
    eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    You pay sales tax to the state where you register your vehicle(the tags you will put on), not where you purchased it from. For example, I live in Wash. DC. There are no Acura dealers in DC( there are only 3 or four new car dealers period in the city), so most people buy their cars in MD or VA. The dealers will get DC plates for you, and they will charge DC sales Tax. I bought my TL in MD at Tischer, but paid DC taxes. It's not just Illinois, but I think any state where you buy out of town. If you could pay the tax of the state where you purchased your vehicle, I would have bought both vehicles in Delaware, because the have no sales tax!

When my wife bought her MDX, we got it in Ohio at Lindsay Acura. We had 25 day Ohio Temporary tags, and when they sent us the title, we took it to the DC DMV, and paid the DC taxes.
  • Options
    uglydoguglydog Member Posts: 4
    The northwest seems to have higher prices than the rest of the country...don't forget we don't have that many dealers around the NW for competition. I bought mine 3 weeks ago in Spokane, and the best I could get was $32500 w/ protection package (non-navi). So your number is in line with my experiences. I should say though, I did get a tad over tradein bluebook on my trade after some effort, which probably effected the final price (I negotiated the trade first...maybe a mistake). They were willing to let me walk below that (they also had to ship the car from Portland, as they had no 6MTs on the lot). That shipping charge was included in the price, not on top of it. After I left the lot that day (while awaiting shipping), I called dealers in Portland, Boise and Seattle, some of them had no 6MTs on the lot, the ones that did wouldn't beat that price over the phone, even without considering my trade. The only one that ponied up was Acura of Seattle, which gave me a quote of $32000 even. I ended up with the car from Spokane, because I didn't want the extra drive distance to Seattle and didn't want to renegotiate my tradein...I might have thrown that $500 away on the new trade offer. I've since winced at some of the low offers I've seen on the east coast, but didn't find that out in the NW.
  • Options
    deekmddeekmd Member Posts: 12
    Without going into gory details, here is my price for '05 TL + Nav. Read on if you want to know the story...

$33,200

+ T/L

Propack included

No other charges

South Bay Acura

THE STORY....

I have been pricing the TL for about 1.5 months, mostly contacting through internet dealers and using Edmunds for pricing guidance. I live in South Orange County so wanted to deal primarily with those dealerships. The best price I could negotiate was 34,000 + T/L for 05+Navi (for the rest of the story, I am referencing only the '05+Navi - i didnt price the non-Navi). I called other dealerships or emailed them, but I couldnt find anyone lower. Plus, there were precious few Navs on the lots.. On a whim, I called South Bay Acura (a Power dealership), mostly because I wanted them to help me turn over my lease on my E320. I spoke to a salesman who told me he could beat that price and sell for 33500 if I came up that day. I couldnt do it because of a prior engagement and the dealership being >1hr away. He called me the next morning and said the offer was still on the table. He had an anthracite on the lot and would honor the 33500. I didnt need more inducement. I told him to hold it for me and that I would be there at 4pm (a few hours later). I arranged a ride there (since I wasnt doing a trade) and got there exactly @ 4pm. I met the salesperson and he regretted to inform me that the car had just been sold to someone else!!

Understandably, I was very pissed. I reminded him that I had told him I would be there at a specific time and to hold the car and I fulfilled my part of the bargain. He hadnt asked me for a deposit over the phone (which I would have gladly given him) and had sold the car out from under me. I was certain someone had walked in and agreed to pay a higher price, so they sold the car not knowing if I would come in.. After a lot of "discussions", the general manager and sales manager came over, apologized, offered to drop the price to 33200 and sell me the permaplating @ the employee price of $595. They had no more navi's on the lot but were getting a blue/camel in the next day. I told them I would take it and return for the car. They gave me a car to use (my ride had left) until I got the TL at no cost to me.

The next day, I called them back and said I didnt want that color. I told them that I would only take a blue/quartz or anthracite/quartz.

Although they could easy have either told me that they were sorry but couldnt help me further, or they could have agreed to help me but at the 33500 price, they went the extra mile and located a blue/quartz for me and honored the 33200 price (which was really for the blue/camel). The rest of the deal went smoothly, although I was wringing my hands for the additional 3 days of waiting for the blue/quartz to come in.

Well, needless to say, I took delivery of my car today. I love it and I wanted to share the experience with my fellow forum readers.

I have always believed that the measure of a business was not in avoiding mistakes, but in how hard they try to make it right. The Ritz Carlton, for example, has earned a lifelong customer in me because of what they did when one of my rooms was unsatisfactory.

In the same way, South Bay Acura made a mistake (although I know some people would say it was my fault for not bringing up the idea of leaving a deposit.. which I dont necessarily disagree with, although I think Marouan should have either refrained from selling the car or he should have asked me for the deposit..) but they made it right by reducing the price and finding me the car I wanted.

In the end, I was very happy with the dealership, and although I dont know what pricing other customers will get (33500 seems a pretty achievable number there), I would urge any LA/OC buyers to visit this dealership. I will happily return for my RL in 4-5 years!
  • Options
    LD-Glad to see a fellow 300M alum find happiness in a new ride. I would really enjoy reading your comparisons of your new TL with the 300M (which I know you liked alot) and any other vehicles you compared prior to purchase. A very happy New Year in your household indeed!

Regards, Indy
  • Options
    max95max95 Member Posts: 5
    laurasdada,

sorry to everyone for the slow response. I've been bed-ridden sick for the last few days - wow this has really knocked me on my butt. As for the car, it is a 6MT/Nav and I did buy it from Acura of Boston. However I had to get them to do a dealer swap in order to get the color combo I wanted. Also looked at Clair (Norwood), First Acura, and Acura of Peabody.

All the dealers were pretty responsive on the internet. I ended up buying the car from the first salesman I dealt with at the dealer.
  • Options
    igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    Sounds like the other buyer actually did you a favor in the end, and you'd feel good about that.

Of course b4 that happened, you'd feel upset. Then again, 9 of 10 dealers would do the same thing - sell the car right on the spot when a buyer is ready, even not necessarily at a better price than yours, as there's no guarantee that you'd ever show up.

BTW, I've seen blue/camel on lot and it looked stunning (very nice contrast). But this is just personal preference.
  • Options
    deekmddeekmd Member Posts: 12
    yes, i agree it is a matter of preference.. i thought the camel had too much gold/caramel coloring.. if it was the parchment, I would had loved it too.

Anyways, I love my blue/quartz and my story was really to show how SB Acura stepped up to the plate to help an unhappy potential customer, even though they didnt do anything too unreasonable.. although, again, the salesman should've asked me for a deposit IMO.
  • Options
    dojadoja Member Posts: 19
    "I went to Acura of Libertyville today (Thursday) I the sticker in the window was 33097 for a 05 TL WITH Navi. I would say that is the best price I have seen. I know the service manager from highschool (Good person) and Acura of Libertyville has been rated in the top 5% of all US Acura dealers.

I was told to stay away from the 04's due to the problems with vibration, I was also told that the Bridgestones were also something to stay away from. Seems like everything on this board is correct."

cabowabodude: Are you saying that the service manager (a highschool friend) told you to stay away from the 04 TL due to the vibration problems? If so did he say anything about the 05 TL? Thanks.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,734
    I don't pick up my Abyss Blue/Quartz 'till Monday, so it'll be a bit before I can really compare/contrast. I'm really sorry to part with my M, it's been one of my favorite cars and still looks/runs great. I spent some time today cleaning it out (man, I've got a lot of stuff in that car!) and it was quite a bittersweet experience. Also, even though I knew when buying the M that it would not hold any value, I was still dismayed at how little it was worth on trade. Maybe I should have tried to sell, but I'm lazy...(that trait rarely makes one money.)

I only considered three cars to replace my M: The TL and the G35X in the "reasonable" price range and the Mercedes E320 in the "irrational but I want one" price range.

Although I love the interior/exterior of the E, in the end I just didn't want to spend that kind of money on a car. Well, I do actually, but not this time... If money wasn't so much an object, I probably would have bought the E. Smooth, quiet ride and luxurious interior (great wood!). The electronic break & throttle would take some getting used to, however.

So, once I gave up the MB ghost, it was on to the G and TL. Long and short, IHMO TL had better exterior/interior style & material, smoother quieter ride and plenty of get up and go, once you had a few rpm. The G handled a bit better but was surpriingly noisy although the sound of the engine was lovely. Also, as a New Englander, I value FWD (even with torque steer) above better 10/10ths handling of the G. Also although I'm sure the AWD system in the G is a model of reliable technology, it still adds weight and complexity while sapping power and economy. Pragmatic New Englander am I!

As I've posted earlier, I think I got a nice deal on the TL at Acura of Boston. Depending on trade allowance, I paid either invoice or $1k under invoice (if the # quoted on trade was applied). Or I bought the TL at MSRP and got a great(?) trade-in! Oh well, deal was good enough. And 2.9% financing. Clair Acura was great to deal with, too. Salesman either screwed up on follow-up or didn't want to deal any further. Their choice.

I'm sure I'll love the TL, but I'm thinking I should have kept the M a little longer. It is a great car.

Hope you're feeling better, Max95. See you around Acura of Boston...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    Fortunately (or unfortunately depending upon your view), I never have to get rid of a car because I have too many children waiting for hand-me-downs. So, my 300M is still in the family with 130K+ miles. I was bumped out of the M when I finally convinced my company to provide me with a company car. That car was a 2004 Dodge Intrepid ES (pretty close to an M). Now my company is moving away from company cars to allowances (liability, you know) so I am back in the market. My reimbursement will be based on a $30K "basis vehicle" but I can buy what ever I want. The TSX fits the bill below the target price which means I will profit from driving it. However, its impossible to look at Acuras and not be attracted to the TL. One feature I'm particularly envious of is the Bluetooth HFL. My car won't be turned in until March so I'm way ahead of myself with new-car-fever. I'm definitely going with Acura. Now my decision is do I get by with a little less in the TSX and profit from the decision, or splurge a little and get a TL. Again, I'll be watching for your feedback when you take delivery. Congrats on your buying decision. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    From my view, fortunately!

The TSX is a nice piece of work. But I just couldn't say no to the TLs styling and 270 ponies!

One thing I wish the TL had that our M (and Infiniti) had that was a nice touch was the automatic ingress/egress feature of the driver's seat. The steering column of the G35 moves, too (as does the Mercedes, but at that price...).

TL or TSX? Either way, you win!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    I think you made the most important observation of the whole this car-that car argument. Either way is a winner.
  • Options
    klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57
    I'd like to know how much you guys paid for 7 yr / 100k miles extended warranty for a 2005 Acura TL non-navigation automatic transmission. I got it but I think I overpaid. I remember someone once mentioned a figure of ~$1,000 for it. Is that what you guys paid? What prices did you guys pay? Please let me know.
  • Options
    gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    Dealer cost on the 7/100/$0 is $875. I paid $1120 back in Jan. 2004. I'm not sure if it is kosher for me to post web addresses, but do a Google on Acura extended warranty and you will find several dealers selling them for about $200 over cost.
  • Options
    cabowabodudecabowabodude Member Posts: 45
    Buy a $100 dollar airplane ticket to Chicago and do a 5 minute deal and get the car for 500 over invoice.
  • Options
    cabowabodudecabowabodude Member Posts: 45
    Doja,

Yes, I am saying the service manager told me to stay away from the 04 TL's and also stay away from the Bridgestone tires. I was at several dealerships that day and I found out that my friend/service manager had worked at a certain dealership. So I started to ask if there were any problems with the TL's, I was told to stay away from the 04's. I was told the 05's had a change to the undercarriage, and there was nothing that could be done to the 04's.
  • Options
    dojadoja Member Posts: 19
    "Yes, I am saying the service manager told me to stay away from the 04 TL's and also stay away from the Bridgestone tires. I was at several dealerships that day and I found out that my friend/service manager had worked at a certain dealership. So I started to ask if there were any problems with the TL's, I was told to stay away from the 04's. I was told the 05's had a change to the undercarriage, and there was nothing that could be done to the 04's."

Thanks for the reply. This is the first I've heard that the vibration problem may have been fixed in the 05.

I had heard that the vibrations were due to the torque converter. I guess I'll wait and see if 05 owners are still experiencing the same problem. It's a major concern to me.

I'll ask about this possible fix over at the problems forum. Thanks.
  • Options
    lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Please do not use the forum to request emails. It is not a good idea to put your email address here, spammers will pick it up. If you wish to exchange email with Edmund's members, then mark it public in your account. Also, against our rules to give salesman name.
  • Options
    klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57
    How did you find out the dealer cost on the warranty? I was offered the warranty at $1600. If your figure is correct, then they were trying to rip me off. Anybody else bought 7 yr/100k mi warranty for their Acura TL non-navigation & auto. transmission?
  • Options
    Generally (statistically) extended warranties are a rip-off. Take the money you would pay for the extended warranty and throw it into a CD that matures when the orig. warranty expires, Bond or Money Market. You keep the investment and earn (minimal) interest. If you need a major repair, you have (most) of the money. If you don't need a major, treat yourself to dinner!

I owned a Chrysler for 5.5 years (until noontime tomorrow) and didn't need the extendeded (orig. warranty was only 3/36 so I went and extra 2.5/31 trouble free). Ok, maybe I was the exception... ;-)

My guess is that for every person who needed the extended (and it actually did cover what broke) there are probably a thousand that never used it. Especailly on generally reliable cars like Honda/Acura. But if it will help you sleep at night...

• Options
    arizonaroadsarizonaroads Member Posts: 9
    My sympathies, modulith. It looks like igiban was right--the West got screwed. Dealers from Spokane to Phoenix know that they can get top dollar for Acuras, and they'll add on $299 doc fees and advertising fees and other useless padding to increase their profit even on top of the higher purchase price. Bell Acura was kind of a surprise, in that I would have expected those high-pressure tactics at a Ford or Chevy dealership, but not from an Acura store. And I never heard a peep from Beaudry Acura. Guess they're just asleep at the wheel in Tucson.

Flying to the Midwest begins to look like a viable option to me. Airfare to Chicago is far less than an Arizona dealer's doc fees, and I can visit relatives on the way back. Fortunately I'm in no hurry; I can wait out the winter weather. Eddiemac's advice on sales tax sounds good to me, and I will check with Arizona's tax department to learn the mechanics of the transaction. It's funny how these dealers don't realize that with the Internet you can shop nationwide, learn where the good deals are happening, strike a bargain, and fly to the dealership that really wants your business, as long as you are willing to do the drive back home. And aren't we buying Acuras because we like to drive? Good luck in your search.
  • Options
    plastixplastix Member Posts: 10
    Wish I had found this site a week earlier, as I just purchased a new '05 TL (auto, no-navi) this past weekend. I wound up paying $32K. Destination and wheellocks/trunk tray/mudguards included in that. Oddly, that's far below the Edmund's TMV price. 4 of the 8 dealers here in Oregon/Washington gave me quotes around this amount (Lynnwood, Eugene, and both dealers in Portland), so I suppose I could have pitted the dealers against each other and done better. Still, I didn't think that was too bad here in Portland. (Ironic that I recently moved from Boston, huh?) But I got the red color I was after (no one else seemed to have it), no painful dickering, and from the dealer just 7 miles away. They must move pretty fast around here, because this particular car was just delivered to the dealership 11 days earlier.

Unfortunately, in retrospect I may have overpaid for the extended warranty: $1500. Wish I would have seen you other guys getting the same coverage for $1100 or so. That'll be my price for peace of mind, I suppose.
  • Options
    keyserkeyser Member Posts: 31
    When it comes to the extended warranty. If you want one, its cheaper to get it from outside the dealer. The dealer (or acura) isn't the one actually backing the warranty, its typically another company. So cut out the middleman (the dealer) and go straight to the warranty companies when buying extended warranties.
  • Options
    mitokc135mitokc135 Member Posts: 5
    Deek, my story is VERY similar to yours. I live in south OC and like you contacted most of the SoCal internet dealers for the best deal on a TL. I also landed at South Bay and made the following deal on Dec 24th for a 2005 TL with automatic and navi.

Invoice: $32,372 (includes destination & Propack)

Mark Up: $1,000

Chrome Wheels: $525

Doc Fee: $45

Tax & License: $2,911

Out the Door Cost: $36,853

For what its worth, I picked up the anthracite/ebony and took advantage of the 2.9% financing.

I am exceedingly impressed with the car and was very happy with the crew at South Bay. I'm sure I'll see you around town, maybe at the car wash once this rain stops. ;)
  • Options
    In my garage (or at least it will tonight). I picked up my '05 Abyss Blue/Quartz non-nav today. As I believe I mentioned earlier, I can recommend both Acura of Boston (purchased) and Clair Acura to shop. No games, friendly service. A of B just made me the best deal (Invoice and more fair? trade or, if I factor in the original trade in value they offered, $1k under invoice!). Clair offered TL at invoice, but low trade allowance. Lazy, I should have sold on my own... A of B "doc fees" are almost 2x Clair, but A of B offers "free" state inspections for the life of the car.

• Options
    pman1pman1 Member Posts: 5
    $33570
  • Options
    Exciting stuff. Detailed driving impressions please!
  • Options
    modulithmodulith Member Posts: 2
    I feel your pain as well, AZroads. I'm glad that you aren't in a rush.. these PHX dealers prey on desperation, and likewise, I do not have a definitive deadline. The principle in me won't really allow for dealers to rip me off, and then on top of it make me feel guilty about it. I won't argue over a few hundred dollars, but 1k or more, that is some serious moolah. Funny thing is, they all think that everyone else is buying these cars for 1k below MSRP...

Please let me know how your out of state experience, with the subsequent tax transaction goes, if you do indeed go that way. I think that I will eventually get a G35 in the end, but will be interested on how you do.

Mod.
  • Options
    Hi, Indy:

I'll post thoughts in the TL thread as I guess I've moved on beyond the "Prices Paid..."

• Options
    semezsemez Member Posts: 36
    I just committed to purchase a Acura w/o Nav. got dealer to sell for $900 over dealer invoice. Anyone know if this is a fair price? I usually pay no more than $100-200 over on other cars but Acura seems to not want to negotiate much below 1000 over dealer invoice. any thoughts?? Also why is a extended warranty needed. thought car was good at 4yr 50M miles. It dosent seem to be a good value with an Acura maybe a chevy.
  • Options
    robtflrobtfl Member Posts: 36
    Anyone have any experieces with S. Florida dealers? Can you share purchase markups and lease deals?

Everyone happy with the car? I have an '03 Accord EX w/ Navi. Nice car, wondering if it's worth it to pay more for the TL, especially with my car worth $18,000 or less. 20K miles. Input?
  • Options
    pkapka Member Posts: 56
    To save time on reading all of the posts, is it possible to reiterate the best deals thus far for the TL categorically with the name and location of dealer so I and others,I am sure, can get a feel for the "prices being paid and where" ...in one MASTER post. Forum Moderators/ Hosts .... I Thank you in advance for considering my request.
  • Options
    sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    Curry Acura in Scarsdale NY has an ad in the NY Times, $4400.00 off of list for a leftover '04 6 speed w/o nav.

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

• Options
    virginia75virginia75 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I was planning on visiting the NOVA/MD area within the next week to purchase a new 05 TL. Could you tell me how the Tischer dealership is, and how much you got your TL for? I am looking to get a Manual no NAV. Any info would be great to help out...
  • Options
    eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    I had a good experience with Tischer, but I purchased my TL in August of 2001. I am not sure what they are selling the TL's currently, but I would go back and read posts from current DC area members who have made purchases. I know a few people have went to PA and Ohio because there were better deals.
  • Options
    carrvettecarrvette Member Posts: 7
    I paid 33,000 for my TL w// NAVI included propack. Doc prep fee was only 55.00. THe navigation system is well worth the additional money. The technology in this car continues to amaze me.
  • Options
    va_buyer1va_buyer1 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased new 2005 TL AUTO yesterday. I paid $32,800 out the door (includes wheel locks/trunk tray/mudguards and VA taxes/title/reg) at Rosethal Acura. Called them on the phone after reading posts on this site and settled on 31,500 in less than 2 minutes.

Spent 2 hours at Pohanka for test drive; they were not willing to sell at more aggressive price than $32,900 (car+dest.) and didn't have the right color: they would have to order car, it wasn't the end of a month, and their TL inventory was low (only 13 cars remaining on Saturday).
  • Options
    aaarghaaargh Member Posts: 230
    The problem with doing this is it's so dynamic. At times Clevland pricing has been the best and at others the worst (or close). It's always changing everywhere.

I don't know how you could 'categorically' list this without it being out of date within a few weeks. Then somone would have to list it all again.

My suggestion is to read the past 2 - 3 months worth of posts to get a good idea. Then, once you have an idea of where the best deals may be found, search the board for keywords (such as the city or dealer name) for past performance.

Hope this helps.