Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ktpklossktpkloss Posts: 28
    i'll wait couple more months... i have pretty much contacted all dealers within 1hr drive from me... the response was for lack of a better word lethargic... meanwhile i'm browsing today's paper... and you know what... i see tundras advertised $6k off, ram 1500 quad 4x4 for an amazing $10.5k off (31.5 msrp , priced at $21k!!!), Titan for $7.5k off (32k msrp - on sale for $25.5)...and ZERO deals on silverados... my euphoria for GM is starting to wear off, hehe...
  • mpaschenmpaschen Posts: 7
    Deals might be regional also. Looking at my weekend paper one GM dealership offers a paltry $4000 off $27.7k Silverado and the other offers $7500 off $30.5k Silverado. Tundra is advertised as $4000 off $23000 and no ads for 2007 Dodge or Nissan.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    There you go brother. The dealers milked the new Tundras and the bump in demand (euphoria) since their intro for a few months for MSRP or $2500 off deals. Now things are getting back to normal for it and the 20mpg segment in general. 7k or so off has been normal for Titan since soon after its intro, so it is not on sale. Ford has good deals also.

If you find a 1yr old ram 1500 wholesales for 17k you know the 21k isn't that amazing of a deal. Turn your euphoria on in August for the Chev. Things will probably be back to normal by then for it in your area too. You want about 10k off a 36000 truck.

Rotsa Ruck
    --jjf

i'll wait couple more months... i have pretty much contacted all dealers within 1hr drive from me... the response was for lack of a better word lethargic... meanwhile i'm browsing today's paper... and you know what... i see tundras advertised $6k off, ram 1500 quad 4x4 for an amazing $10.5k off (31.5 msrp , priced at $21k!!!), Titan for $7.5k off (32k msrp - on sale for $25.5)...and ZERO deals on silverados... my euphoria for GM is starting to wear off, hehe...
  • bottomdumpbottomdump Posts: 7
    i was wondering how you got gm credit card bonuses i have a card through them do i just call and ask
    i was wondering about the instant value coupons for trucks that have been on the lot for more than 120 days do you just ask for them
    also if you dont want onstar and xm cant you just have them take it off because why pay for something you dont need
  • 1offroader1offroader Posts: 208
    OnStar comes standard on nearly all, or all, GM vehicles. It is a 1 year subscription included in the price. After the 1 year is up you don't have to renew, but the equipment is still in the vehicle.

XM radio is also a monthly subscription, you don't have to buy it. But if the vehicle is equipped with the special XM radio the dealer is going to charge you for it. They can't just take it out - it's in the dash.

1offroader
    thanks i was just wondering and trying to save 800
  • truck123truck123 Posts: 1
    I hear that GM is coming out with sweet discounts this Thursday on the Silverado. The sales person actually told me that I would be better off to wait and buy on Thursday. Has anyone else heard anything? I get GMS pricing, but I'm looking for a bigger savings than the $1500 rebate. I have an alpaca farm and need the 2500 for trailering animals.
  • sj528sj528 Posts: 1
    For the North-Central Region gm.com shows both 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton new body style Silverado rebates at $1500 since May 10th. But one local dealer has a $2500 rebate advertised on a new style 1/2 ton. I think this may be the "aged stock" bonus for inventory over a certain number of days since delivery.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled later in the week, I would like to get a new style Silverado work truck.
  • guardian03guardian03 Posts: 12
    According to Edmunds, there is a $1000 manufacturer to dealer incentive for vehicles invoiced before February. This is in addition to the $1500 rebate to consumers.
    as far as gas mileage what is the best gear ratio the 3.23 or 3.73 and does that affect your towing power
  • boatpullerboatpuller Posts: 4
    Interesting comment, I was suppose to take delivery of my new truck early this week and my dealer pushed me off until Thursday, he said it would be worth my wait. Must be a true rumor! I like those kind! Is it Thursday yet!!!!!!!
  • tskelltskell Posts: 1
    Thursday is the start of an additional $1000 bonus cash offer on the 07 Silverado, on top of the $1500 existing rebate. $2500 total rebate. I think I've waited long enough....
  • It's pretty easy to explain my friend. Just think of it as the high the number ratio the lower your fuel economy will be. But if you are towing quite a bit then the higher ratio is the way to go. Take care.
  • 1offroader1offroader Posts: 208
    That's correct ohiotruckin, but in motorhead jargon, a larger number is actually called a "lower" gear ratio.

4.10:1 is "lower" than 3.73:1. Conversely, 3.73:1 is "higher", or "taller", than 4.10:1.

Don't ask me why this is, it just is.

1offroader
  • tacomadudetacomadude Posts: 11
    Got a call from GMC dealer yesterday. They said we submitted my order for the 2500HD too late and missed the deadline for the '07s (order placed back in the first week of May). When I placed the order at that time, I specifically asked if we would make the deadline for ordering an '07 and they said no problem. Well, after weeks of the build status not updating, someone finally called and found out the order would not be honored. So now I have to wait til July when Flint starts up '08 prodction. Actually it will probably be more like August once I take delivery... On a positive note, they said the price for my '08 will be no more than $500 more than what we negotiated for the '07 (below invoice, less rebates at time of delivery). So, I'll just have to *patiently* wait now... Anyhow, this is just a minor rant - I could find better info on the internet than what the dealer had. I was not surprised to get the call yesterday.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    The 30000-40000 2500 is one truck I do see 9000-10000 off MSRP advertised, so if you just walked into one dealer, you may want to try emailing 10-20+ chevy dealers within driving distance of your home end of month for their best price on stock close to what you want and see what happens. There may probably be no rebates immediately in the new model year and 3000 or so off MSRP is really no deal.

Good Luck
    --jjf

Got a call from GMC dealer yesterday. They said we submitted my order for the 2500HD too late and missed the deadline for the '07s (order placed back in the first week of May). When I placed the order at that time, I specifically asked if we would make the deadline for ordering an '07 and they said no problem. Well, after weeks of the build status not updating, someone finally called and found out the order would not be honored. So now I have to wait til July when Flint starts up '08 prodction. Actually it will probably be more like August once I take delivery... On a positive note, they said the price for my '08 will be no more than $500 more than what we negotiated for the '07 (below invoice, less rebates at time of delivery). So, I'll just have to *patiently* wait now... Anyhow, this is just a minor rant - I could find better info on the internet than what the dealer had. I was not surprised to get the call yesterday.
  • tmac6tmac6 Posts: 1
    Just got my 2500 LTZ Dmax Friday. Paid right at dealer invoice plus I received $2500 worth of rebates
  • tacomadudetacomadude Posts: 11
    Yeah, dealer did a search for me and no dealer in the US has the 2500 configured as I want it (SLE1 4x4 gas, Audio Pkg, Blk/Ebony cloth, HD Trailering, Roof clearance lights, Power sliding window, and 17" rims & tires)... Go figure... So I have just decided to wait for the order. I'm in no hurry, as my current truck is fine. But I'm sure I could get a good deal on leftover 07 stock if they had any. None of the dealers in Jacksonville, FL have any 07 2500HDs left!