Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• paxtonkpaxtonk Posts: 49
    I'm in the So. California market and I hear the same, they are sold out on incoming orders and only have a few in stock. I was however able to negotiate $750 over dealer invoice + PDI after emailing 22 dealers in my area. Also, knowing the bank fee and money factor really helped because many of the dealers tried to mark both of them up.
  • dorenescardorenescar Posts: 28
    Hi carhead2 - could you please let me know which dealer worked the miracle of $750. dealer invoice? It would be worth a drive from northern CA where we live. Thanks.. :D
  • rock64rock64 Posts: 4
    I just picked up my X5 3.0 base car from New Century BMW Internet Department. Raj was happy to give me that deal 750 plus pdi and am very happy!

I appreciate your help.
  • strat15strat15 Posts: 4
    After an awful experience at Patrick BMW in Schaumburg and a poor experience at Perillo BMW in Chicago, We took delivery of our 2007 4.8 X5 from Elmhurst BMW. We brought the vehicle home five weeks after we ordered it. Our sales person was great and pricing was fair. The car itself is beautiful and is a treat to drive.
  • rluhrluh Posts: 1
    Hi Konu and Ladyferraiti,

I am in the DC area and shopping for a X5. Would you please let me know which dealer and name of salesman did you go to? Thanks much.
  • I purchased my vehicle at BMW of Sterling. All of the sales people there are friendly and helpful.
  • beepyoubeepyou Posts: 1
    Hi Rock64, can you go into a little bit more details please?

what model...etc?

thanks
  • Hi Everyone. If you can't tell from the name, I just traded in my 06 Rover sport (POS) and am taking delivery tomorrow of an 07 4.8 x5. Sticker was $69,580 and we were able to get $47,100 for my Rover so I am quite pleased. I was able to purchase the car for $68,000 and they threw in window tint. I hope I enjoy this car much better than my Range Rover. It was bought at BMW North Scottsdale.
  • louieplouiep Posts: 3
    roverguyinaz,
    I am planning to buy either an X5 or the Rover Sport for my wife. My wife likes the look of the Rover Sport but I prefer the X5 since I like my 06 750i. Can you tell me why you gave up your Rover? Also my sales guy in North Scottsdale is Bob A. Who did you deal with? Thanks. Louie
  • Louie: I was in for service with my rover every week. The little things that it doesnt have that other cars have....power folding mirrors...auto touch windows, a very dated display for the radio....sirius takes 4-5 seconds between channels...my brakes were replaced twice in 18,000 miles and they still squeal....my steering wheel vibrated between 30 and 50 mph and they could not figure it out....
    I worked with ALI...we know him well. I took delivery yesterday and am in love already.

Not sure if im allowed to write this..but for your info...rangerovers.net has a good bulletin board and you can see for yourself all the comments, issues, etc. Good luck!
  • colimacolima Posts: 2
    You are so lucky. I ordered a 4.8 X5 with full option at Perillo BMW 11 weeks ago...I called my sales advisor several times. he said some supplier issue a month ago, and he was telling me the 20" wheels are short and wait for back order. my X5 is still not in production yet. I just moved to Chicago from Los Angeles, and i'm suprised of sales here. it took about 10 weeks to wait for M3 from European delivery in Los Angeles, how could a US produed X5 take 11 weeks but still not in production? I told him I will cancel my order if the car is still not in production by July 10th.

God, I wish my X5 coming as soon as possible because I dont have a car currently. I will go to Elmhurst BMW to ask the details about X5 this week. If I the X5 will not be here before Augest, I will never buy a BMW car again.
  • surfsup1surfsup1 Posts: 2
    Hi Carhead2,

I'd be happy to pay $750 over invoice on a new X5 4.8 + DPI. (What is DPI? Thanks.)

What dealer/salesperson did you buy your 2007 X5 4.8i from in Southern California? I'm currently looking to order the X5 4.8 (because I can't find what I'm looking for in stock) and I don't like the MSRP deals with inflated Money Factors I'm getting quoted from the dealers I've talked to so far.

Anyone else been able to get a good deal on the new X5 4.8 in the Southern California Market? Let me know who to talk to.

Thanks for your help!
    Roverguy,
    Thanks for the reply. I ordered the X5 with a lot of options that made the MSRP about 71,000. I got a $2420 discount over MSRP but the money factor quoted to me is .00285; I read elsewhere in this forum that the norm is .0023. I got a production number last Thursday and was promised 6 - 8 weeks for delivery. Thanks again. Hope to bump into you on your 7000 mile oil change at North Scottsdale BMW!
    Colima,
    I ordered my wife's X5 June 20 with a lot of options, June 21 the salesman got me the production number. I checked it out yesterday on-line (June 24) and the status is "On Order". My salesman intercepted a regular inventory delivery (status 111) amd modified it the way I wanted it. I was promised 6 - 8 weeks delivery.

Louiep
  • haaserhaaser Posts: 8
    I wouldn't count on 6-8 weeks if you order included the technology package or sport package. I have been waiting 9 weeks already and now system shows (per salesman) that production is scheduled for the last week of July. They are blaming the issue on suppliers. I'm thinking of canceling and buying a Cayenne S as I don't believe I'll get the vehicle till September. Slightly annoyed as I could have ordered the Cayenne and had it sooner than the X5. Any idea when the 2008 X5's be available?
  • king_aliiking_alii Posts: 1
    I ordered a fully loaded 2007 X5 3.0 through my broker and got a killer deal and money factor of .0233. I was told the rates have gone up recently but not sure how much. Thankfully, my broker was able to lock my rates. I'm in Socal, contact me on this thread if you want a great deal and I'll give you my broker's info.
  • sflgatorsflgator Posts: 2
    I was told that the '08 X5's should arrive in Oct.
  • l00q6227l00q6227 Posts: 16
    Are you serious? I ordered the X5 with the Technology and the Sports Package on May 29th and it is now saying in production- Flemington BMW told me 1st or 2nd week of July. I will keep you posted.
  • haaserhaaser Posts: 8
    Unbelievable! I ordered mine April 26. Still says “on order.”

Did you order 20” wheels? Post 660 seems to be having same problem as me. I talk to dealer daily and they have no clue. Keep me posted.
  • l00q6227l00q6227 Posts: 16
    Mine says in production and I did not order the 20 inch wheels. What is your dealer saying when your car is coming in? I was told 1st or 2nd week of July. I will keep you posted. I was also told that the website is not always updated. Yours could be in production and they just haven't put it on the web. Do you have a vin # yet? I do so if I find out anything I will let you know.