Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    hutch34hutch34 Member Posts: 34
    Before you consider BMW, check the latest posts for the 0 :) 5 Toyota Avalon. Two recent posts discuss experiences with late model BMW's.
  • Options
    mbutler1mbutler1 Member Posts: 22
    I bought my black 300C "HEMI" 2006 fully loaded on August 11 05. Looks great...runs great....drives great... sounds terrible as far as inside quietness!! the window on driver side sounds asthough its partly down. Ofcourse I did have a visit with the dealership to let them here how there cars [THEY SELL]sound inside after one month. MAKING A LONG STORY SHORT, they said they will correct the problem in 3 hrs. It has been there 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! counting today! Just wanna know from my 300c friends..... Anyone else having "drive side sunroof noise problems??? Im begining to smell and taste a lemon!!!!! :lemon:
  • Options
    Just hope you dont have problems after your fun cuzzzzz. "SALES MAN" ant gonna BACK YOU after driving off the lot for all the FUN WAYS you tested the car. matter-o-fact, after you left, he told the service dept, you will back every week. Why am I saying this to you friend: Because there are a lot of break n procedures that you consider when just purchasing a new vehicle. SO you 'should' have chosen '''ANOTHERONE"".. :sick: ......Just a friendly suggestion being a dealer mechanic.
  • Options
    dmiller5dmiller5 Member Posts: 30
    See TSB 23-028-05 Maybe this will help. You say window & then sunroof ? This TSB covers the sunroof.www.alldata.com.?
  • Options
    mr1340mr1340 Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone had any luck with Chrysler resolving the differential whine between 50-55 mph, and or the transmission whine? I'm being told both are within an "acceptable" range!
  • Options
    suave_tequilasuave_tequila Member Posts: 116
    Well its been 2 whole months since I've been curious on buying the 300C. Went to the dealership here in Valencia,CA and I saw a 2006 300C blk./light jade int, with everything equipped for $41K. I was able to negociate it for 34K with 22in chrome wheels but I said no! since I just wanted to see how much I was able to get in for! Well I havent had time to read the whole post forum but I did read something about doing right turns? Well if anyone out there reading this PLEASE give me the 411 on the pros and cons about this car! And what are some current problem on this car. Well any info will truly be appreciated!!!! Thanks Alot. :)
  • Options
    HEY TEQUILA?? I CAN SURELY FILL YOU IN!! I HAVE ONE JUST LIKE YOU LOOKED AT. GOT IT THIS YEAR[09-15-05].BUT DIDNT GET IT WITH THE 22"S. NEITHER DID I PAY NO HIGH PRICE 41K FOR IT EITHER. THATS A RIP OFFFFFFFFF!! SOME SALES-MAN IS TRYING TO GET EXTRA MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS. AND I DID SAY ""POCKETS""!!...... BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE NOW! MAKE SURE YOU DO GET THE 300C WITH THE HEMI. ITS DEFINITELY THE CAR. """' NO DIGGTY..NO DOUBT!! IVE DRIVEN THE THREE. 2.7/3.7/AND THE 5.7. AND THE OTHER 2 CANT TOUCH THE 5.7 HEMI!!! AND ALONG WITH BEING HONEST WITH YOU HERE, THAT 34K ANT BAD. THE 22INCHES THEMSELVES ARE ABOUT 2 TO 3K"S. GOT BACK AND CHAT WITH WHOMEVER AND MAKE A DEAL IN THAT RANGE AGAIN........ AND ONLY GET ONE THATS ""BRAND SPANKIN NEW!!!!!!! LET ME KNOW HOW YOU COME OUT. OK? ;)
  • Options
    Hey Mbutler1, Well I went today to go see the 300C for 20 mins but didnt get a totally good look at it since I got distracted because im also looking at the Lexus IS 350. Well I wanted to ask you what exactly did you get in your 300 and how much did you pay for it? Since if I decide not to get the IS 350 the 300C will for sure be my next choice without a doubt!!! Well thanks for your feedback since its too quite in this forum lol! :P
  • Options
    HI AGAIN TEQUILA:WELL; I GOT EVERYTHING IN MY 300C HEMI EXCEPT FOR THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM. IT WASNT IN THERE SO I DIDNT WORRY ABOUT THE EXTRA 2 TO 3KS ADDED ON TO THE PRICE. ""JUST WENT AND BOUGHT ME A MAP BOOK INSTEAD"" HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....... SO I PAID AROUND 30K FOR IT. AND VERY SATISFIED WITH IT!! ITS DEFINITELY A HEAD TURNER!!! PLUS I WENT ON A BOUGHT A COUPLE OF ADDED THINGS OFCOURSE. 1.CHROME AT THE BOTTOM 2.MIDDLE WINDOW CHROME 3.BACK HATCH CHROME 4.ROLLS ROYCE GRILLE 5.TINTED MY WINDOWS JUST A LITTLE DARKER. AND 6.A BRA TO PROTECT THE FRONT.{I STAY IN THE SOUTH "JACKSON MISS" WHERE THERES A LOT OF BUGS SOMETIMES. AND THE BUGS[IF NOT GOTTEN OFF IN A REASONABLE TIME]TAKES THE PAINT OFF. I KNOW THAT LEXUS IS 350 IS BAD, BUT THAT 3OOC HEMI IS EVEN BADDERRRRRR!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION. ;) ......OH AND MINE IS BLACK. C YA
  • Options
    :D LOL wow 30K thats very very good all those accessories, were they at the dealership or somewhere else? because I did find some websites that have everything to pimp out the 300 lol. Also I might be thinking of adding vertical doors to them if you would like to see them let me know and I'll post a link (they look very good) and it cost around 1K to 2K which are ok! (I guess lol) Thanks alot!! OH would you be cool enough to show me how the rolls royce grille looks like!! All this is making me wanting to ask you to letting borrow your car!!! And Thanks again taking the time to respond my msgs.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    My eyes...and ears! :P

It would be greatly appreciated if you didn't post in all capitals. It is difficult to read and appears as though you are SHOUTING!

Thanks for your cooperation!
  • Options
    intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    I AGREE!
  • Options
    mike_sp1mike_sp1 Member Posts: 43
    Frankly, I am VERY disappointed in the ContiContact Touring tires that came on my '06 300C--poor traction and IMHO they are dangerous under wet road conditions--even the front ones slip and slide under wet road conditions. Looking at winter months and possible snow conditions, I have again considered something I have not purchased in over 20 years--snow tires (had front wheel drive cars for the past 20 years and never felt the need for them). Any suggestions as to the best snow tires that would be compatible with the ratings of the OEM Conti's on the front?

MikeSp
  • Options
    dmiller5dmiller5 Member Posts: 30
    See tirerack.com,maybe this will help.
  • Options
    :) hi again Tequila:I glad you like my 300c. Its definitely a head turner. And I love seeing the people pointing and looking. It just makes me proud to be owning one{smile}. I hope that Ive convinced you futher into going on and purchasing that ride[300c hemiiii lol]. As soon as I figure out how to post a pic on this forum, I'll show ya what all the pointing and talk is allllllll about!!.... Look foward to hearing from you telling me youve got it. ;)
  • Options
    unhuh...PEACE :P
  • Options
    Anyone have any experience with an intermittant problem with windows not going up or down at all (my right rear does that periodically) AND the driver's side window's auto up usually works, but goes on strike for a few weeks and then works again for a while. Does this sound like a computer problem or??? Opinions?? (this is an '06 300C)

MikeSp
  • Options
    in2locksin2locks Member Posts: 13
    I would say its time to take your baby to the dealer.
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Member Posts: 11
    I have a 300c with 6000 miles and noticed a small trans leak. took it to the dealer, they did not have the part. took it back and they replaced an electrical sensor plug that apparently had a bad gasket or seal.
  • Options
    lornadoonelornadoone Member Posts: 5
    Used to happen all the time on my Intrepid, and I've heard from others that this is a classic Chrysler problem. Lousy window motors. Something's causing the motor to short out occasionally. I had 6 motors replaced on 4 windows in about a 3 year period.
  • Options
    robert36robert36 Member Posts: 4
    Has anybody been able to get the windshield wiper problem fixed? If you have please post the solution. My dealer can not fix this problem. The problem I am talking about is the windshield wipers activating when I signal a turn even when there is no moisture on the windshield.
  • Options
    lornadoonelornadoone Member Posts: 5
    I had this problem, too. My dealer figured out that the wiper and the turn signal shared the same ground. They tightened some of the connections, and the prob hasn't come back. Sorry that I can't be more specific about which connection, but I hope that this points you in the right direction.
  • Options
    01wht3501wht35 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the tip! I had heard the BMW has had some problems as of late. The Avalon is a very nice car, but I do not like the look of the exterior. I must admit that the new Avalon is much more interesting than the last.
  • Options
    Hey TeQuila:Havent heard from you in a while. Got something to share with you and all my "FORUM" readers. As you recalled in our last message,you were trying to make a decision between 2 rides. I hoped I convinced you into gettin the 300c hemi. "Its the bomb!! especially after I added all the accessories I told you about. But what I didnt share with you was the little problem{I THOUGHT}I had encountered. A "WIND NOISE" on the driverside even though the window was up securely. I did immediately take a ride to the dealership to let them take a look are listen. "WELL" Making a long story short, to you Tequila and all my forum readers, Its been there a 6 weeks!! They tried, tried, and tried! But couldnt stop the noise. They even called in the CHRSYLER TECS. No better!! Got a call from the Chrysler BIG PEOPLE!![11/16/05] GOT A LEMON!!! :lemon: Door structure problems!! CANNOT BE FIX!! Has 3k miles on it. The saleman felt soooo bad about the situation, {being the number one saleman on the lot} he went to his computer and found another black 300c hemi with sun roof and total inside grain{in which I didnt have on my previous one}for no extra "CHARGE"!!! IT HAS ARRIVED. I pick it up in the morning and back to the house I go. ""NOW ANT THAT A STORY TO TELL???
  • Options
    OH!! What I forgot to add was that the dealership is also paying for all the extra accessories I had put on it. Ant that "SWEET"? lol :D;)
  • Options
    Really>? Wow, well should I or not buy the 300C then? And is that problem only on your car on every car? And thats good that you got a whole brand new 300. Since I'm still debating wether to buy the 300C or IS 350 lol I know!!! Well good to know that your back and posting msgs. :D
    Oh and what will happen to your "old" 300? And should I ask my dealership about the problem or do they all ready know? THANKS! And plus (sorry if i am talking too much lol!) image
    This is a pic that I want my 300C to look like! Hope you like it!!! :D
  • Options
    robert36robert36 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I will give my dealer the information.
  • Options
    mctabmctab Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem. Get the dealership to replace the integrated wiper/turn indicator switch and your problem should be fixed.
  • Options
    jrfrjrfr Member Posts: 8
    A salesman told me today that the COOL VANILLA had been discontinued. Any truth to this or is he just trying to sell what he has on lot???

Thanks
  • Options
    charlesf4charlesf4 Member Posts: 20
    I have a 2000 300M, what I am reading through out this web is the 300M all over again. Problems like the outside temp. sticking, car pulling to the right, trans. problems, etc, etc. If you go back to the 300M page you will probably find the answers to your problems.
  • Options
    So what your saying is that it's a piece of ______ car? LOL! I do like this car alot I'm really looking forward a 300C but with all these problems? I may consider elsewhere.
  • Options
    Tequila:As the old saying goes... Im laughing and smiling out of both ears. MY NEW RIDE IS "TIGHT!!"!! And on top of all that, got 2 are 3 things FREE! Heeeeee.... Yes indeed Tequila, by all means its got to be the 300c Hemi. Sure things happen with any and everything. Just have to try and try again until we get things right. Ive got to reorder my accessories again and also have them put on. But its worth it!! Its already{like it is}turnin heads. Hope I dont get shot by HUNTERS during this Thanksgiving holidays because Im surely strutting my wings.lolo The pic you sent along is most beautiful. And you are on the right track!! So stop procrastinating and go on and get that "THANG" LOL ;) ....... Showl would be a nice holiday gift huh?? :D
  • Options
    What is the walnut trim?? (cost is $495.00.)
    On the 300c the wheel is leather wrapped and the gear shift is also leather wrapped. The 3ooC that does not charge $495.00 has is it imitation walnut. (a plastic??)
    The salesman did not know what the charge was for. Help need to know what the $495 will buy me.

I will be asking other dumb questions as time goes on. Thanks for any info and help.
  • Options
    How accurate is the MSN Auto invoice in accuracy to the dealers?? Can I use this to counter offer my bargaining price??

Thanks for the info
  • Options
    moparmaniacmoparmaniac Member Posts: 5
    The walnut trim includes the top of the steering wheel, the insert on the top and down the front side of the tranny knob, and the inside door handles. It is real wood! The standard trim is a brown plastic tortoise shell finish. Whether it is worth the extra $459 is up to the buyer.
  • Options
    greyfox1greyfox1 Member Posts: 28
    Apparently COOL VANILLA has been discontinued (or will be soon). Potential replacement is STONE WHITE.
  • Options
    Can any body point me to what is Stone White in the Chrysler 300. My understanding is that the Stone White will soon be replacing the Stone White. I would love to see what is Stone White. Help Thank You
  • Options
    in2locksin2locks Member Posts: 13
    Go to a Jeep dealer they have jeep in stone white also Chrysler has cars in stone white
  • Options
    While my 300C was in my nearest 5* to have a problem fixed with the front passenger seat belt's idiot light or seat belt sensor, I inquired about the intermittant functioning of the auto up and down front windows and was told that it had been determined that water leaks into the window motors and that a water shield was being produced as a retrofit to fix that problem and that a TSB would be issued.
  • Options
    Hey Mike? I had the same problem with my 300c. Only differance is that my car had not experience a wet job yet. Rain or car washing. I took that MESS back and told them I hear air coming from the driver side window. Only had the car 2 months. And I know wherever their is air their most certainly will be "WATER" coming in with it later. After 5 weeks of trying to fix the problem and consulting with "CHRYSLER TECS", And..... catching the DEVIL from me, I ended up with a brand new 300c with 3 thousand more dollars worth of accessories on it than mine had. FREE OF CHARGE!! Now thats what you called sweet lemonade from a lemon. :lemon: :P
  • Options
    geordie1geordie1 Member Posts: 7
    Hope to get the 300C CRD (diesel) when it hits the UK early next year. Seen loads of pics of mesh grilles and have a fancy for the T-Rex part no.#80471 Hybrid Series triple chromed which is about $100 more than the polished aluminium version. Anyone out there got either of these versions fitted and if so what are your comments re the quality of the fit / finish and the durability? Also any info re a reliable supplier for sending to the UK would be appreciated.
  • Options
    blaine1blaine1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello we have just had this problem resolved. There was a bubble between the windshield and the sensor. The windshield was replaced. wipers work again..
  • Options
    arcroyalarcroyal Member Posts: 6
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to update the group on what happened with my transmission. There was water in the fluid and the tranny filler tube was sealed and the tranny was triple flushed.

After putting approximately 2000 additional miles on the car after the repair, I had the transmission fluid tested (testing done by Amsoil) and the report came back with 0% water in the fluid. My car now has 16,400 miles on it and the transmission has been flawless.

Sorry about the late report, but I wanted to make sure that the repairs worked and I'm confident that they have.
  • Options
    I just ordered 300-C with Hemi and all extras except Video. Want to know about oil changes performed by self.

I always perform my own oil changes and have used Chevron 10/40 (on all my cars/trucks) and perform ail change & filter every 3000 miles. I alway use OEM Oil filters.
    What brand & weight should be used on the Hemi????
    Thanks for for info
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to let you know that I live in 6200 ft elevation with temps in winter being below zero (32to -17) and highs up to 90's. Not daily but on average. Degree Days are 6000 to 6100.

That's right, I live in the Rocky Mountains.

Thanks
    jrfr
  • Options
    greyfox1greyfox1 Member Posts: 28
    The owners manual states that 5.7L engines must use SAE 5W-20 oil. Failure to do so may result in improper operation of the Multiple Displacement System (MDS). Brand of oil can be your choice.
  • Options
    komickomic Member Posts: 1
    I put 20" rims & tires on my 300C. I noticed a bolt directly over the front tires with only 1/4 inch clearance. If I hit a good size pot hole, I would think this bolt would cause damage to the tire. These 20" tires are not cheap. Anyone else noticed this problem.
  • Options
    youtellmeyoutellme Member Posts: 14
    Ahhhh!!! The car of my dreams. WRONG Try a nightmare. My 05 300 Limited ,beautiful car is in the dealer as we speak with all its goodies laying on the ground.I have had to have several things replaced on this car,towed by AAA at 3,000 miles,now needing a motor at 7,000 miles.They are not sure but CHRYSLER only wants to put a new bottom end in it.Short Block The dealer wants a new motor The car is beautiful has all the bling!!!Help with any advice would be appreciated.I've been told to ask for a Factory rep to talk about a buy back,but you know how that usually goes.I'm really P.O.ed Thanks for listening :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: owner!!!!!
  • Options
    The manual calls for 5W20 and as somebody else pointed out, is necessary for the MDS to correctly function. Should you have engine problems due to lubrication issues as determined by Chrysler, it could cause you warranty problems. I use Mobil 1 5W20 as well as the excellent Mobil 1 oil filters--have been a Mobil 1 fan since it first came out. (I used to get the 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 at Wal Mart to save some money, but Wal Mart refuses to carry the 5W20 in the 5 quart jugs and I was told by two different auto parts stores that ONLY Wal Mart is permitted to carry the 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1--GRRRRR).

You will find changing oil on the 300C fun--have to remove the large plastic splash shield to get to the oil filter and drain plug (ugh!).

MikeSp
  • Options
    youtellmeyoutellme Member Posts: 14
    Hey I don't have that problem yet ....... But at 7000 miles mine is in the shop right now getting a new short block because Chrysler is refusing to put a complete new motor in it .How much devil did you raise and how loud????? :mad: :lemon: :cry: :lemon: :lemon:
This discussion has been closed.