Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Toyota Tacoma vs Honda Ridgeline

Comments

• Options
    eaglegeagleg Member Posts: 87
    Lutz's opinion means very little considering how poorly GM is doing.Seems to me he would like it considering it's a copy of a Chevy Avalanche,formerly the ugliest suv on the road.
  • Options
    roaddog1roaddog1 Member Posts: 18
    All things being equal I would still choose the RL. I too walked away from a deal on a Tacoma D-cab sport. It was a matter of best fit - not best looking vehicle. As to looks, my wife thinks I'm darn good looking. I think she needs glasses -- but who am I to argue. It's all in the eye of the beholder. ;)
    The RL does not look ugly. It looks different. It looks new and innovative. Not one person who has looked my RL over closely has not been excited and interested and full of questions. That, all by itself is an accomplishment.
  • Options
    gearhead1gearhead1 Member Posts: 408
    "The RL does not look ugly. It looks different. It looks new and innovative."

So true. People must learn that things that are different aren't bad. That attitude is the result of a narrow aesthetic and possibly the foundation for other rather nasty things in human nature. People pay me for my aesthetic sense, and I think it's a great piece of design. Take it for what it's worth which probably isn't much.

I've also been enthusiastically approached by people in parking lots that love the way it looks and the steel blue color, I give them the whole tour, and they practically flip out when they see some of the features. I now park in the nether regions. That's the one draw back to the RL. It take me longer to get in to the store.
  • Options
    5553543255535432 Member Posts: 150
    Here's a question for the off-roaders...
    What is the rollover angle for the Ridgeline? I have noticed it has a wide stance relative to height when compared to the Toyota, or any other 4X4 pick up. So where is the center of gravity?
    ------------------------------------------------
    I don't have an answer for the above question, but let me share an article I saw today.

Safety for drivers and pedestrians had always been Hondas strong selling point. The RL share the wide body stance of the Pilot and this makes this truck a hands down better choice for those who are safety advocates because it's sibling: the Pilot was rated as the most stable and has the least chance of rolling over among SUV's according to CNN money.Check out this link and a portion of the article.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/06/14/pf/autos/rollover_ratings/index.htm

The stability factor is generally a number between 1.0 and 1.5. The higher the Static Stability Factor, the more stable the vehicle is and the less likely it is to tip over in a crash.

What the stars mean

Star rating Stability factor range Chance of rollover
    5 1.44 to 1.55 Less than 10 percent
    4 1.18 to 1.44 10 to 20 percent
    3 1.08 to 1.17 20 to 30 percent
    2 1.02 to 1.07 30 to 40 percent
    1 0.95 to 1.02 Greater than 50 percent

* Ranges are for vehicles that do not tip in dynamic test. Chances of rollover are for single-vehicle incidents.
    Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

Among SUVs that have been rated so far, the one with the highest stability factor is the Honda Pilot with 1.25. The Pilot got a four-star rollover resistance rating from NHTSA.
    ------------------------------------------------
    This truck may not smoke anyone in the stoplight wars, outhaul the Tacoma or is as gorgeous, as the overpriced SSR but behind all this sheet metal is Hondas commitment to safety. :shades:
  • Options
    eaglegeagleg Member Posts: 87
    Don't mean to burst your bubble or anything,but I've driven 4X4's for 20 years and I have yet to roll any of them.Buying an ugly truck because it won't roll over as easy as a good looking one is foolish.How about the Tacoma's 5 star front and side impact crash test results?Rollover is 3 star. I think I'll stick with the Tacoma,at least I can park it in the driveway without having to explain the rollover ratings.
  • Options
    Ridge owners and Ridge owners to be.Check this out.Got this info from a car forum (cant post the link coz Edmunds gonna erase it) member who claimed that this comparo was done by a popular magazine publication and it came out on their June issue. Anyone else have seen this midsize truck shootout results???. Is this magazine June issue out in the newstands yet?????

In what might well be the most shamefully predictable vehicle (TRUCK) comparison test EVER…

A ‘Certain Publication’ rates the following trucks in the following order…

1. HONDA RIDGELINE
    2. NISSAN FRONTIER
    3. TOYOTA TACOMA
    4. DODGE DAKOTA
    5. CHEVROLET COLORADO
    --------------------------------------------------
    An ugly truck truck, just rolled over the MT truck of the year Toyota, and all the pretty looking domestics.Aint bad at all for a rookie truck.Not surprise at all coz the RL's sibling Honda Pilot got CD's top honors for years 03,04 and 05.Let me add that the Oddy is top dog in the minivan too. For small SUV CRV aint bad at all.
  • Options
    kapelusprimekapelusprime Member Posts: 8
    "Respectfully, No,No,No. I speak directly from experience on this. The Ridgeline has excellent performance in deep sand and mud. It can handle anything that it's approach and departure angle and over 8" ground clearance allow it to. Some muddy field won't stop the RL. I've had it in deep dry sand where the sand is scraping the undercarriage, and it plowed through like a champ. I just can't let comments like "but just like past honda's she just don't cut the mustard off the pavement." slide by, because it's just not true or accurate. I know better."

I'll Just have to take your word for it, on your trail rides ;) , I my self have only driven a ridgeline for a very short time in compared to your self. And with the contact I've had with past Honda's off road they were not great off the pavement :confuse: . Except dirt bikes and and quad runners!!!! Go Honda!!!! :shades: But we really are comparing Apple's and oranges in this forum, They are two very different trucks. Hell, I love both Honda and Toyota, but it comes down to the fact you got a choice of two great trucks, which fits your physical and personal needs better, most importantly which one of the two can you afford. Honda dose'nt offer a cheaper base line pickup then Toyota or Nissan or ford or Dodge....Yet! If they did, It might be a major market shaker!
    But they don't right now and not every one can float a high 20's low 30's truck.
    So for that I think You should give an award to a truck line that offers a good product to MORE income bracket's As for the guy talking about a big bad Corp. Like Toyota beating up on a Little Corp. like Honda; Where do you get your drugs from, and why must you insist on smoking it while on line!!!!! Honda has more divisions than the math team at M.I.T, and makes every thing from Ice breaker ship motors to a fully functional robot that can walk like a human and even play the guitar, can you say TERMINATOR! :surprise:
  • Options
    Have YOU ever noticed how many Honda Adds are in Car and Driver, Well it's about as many Toyota Adds are in Motor Trend. kind of makes you wonder why things stack up the the way they do in the world of WHO PAYS THE BILLS!!!
  • Options
    tiger10tiger10 Member Posts: 46
    RL is just a pilot with a bed like someone else said and if you are going to do even a little bit towing or carry some heavy stuff, go with the Taco. its more reliable and has been in the market longer than those Honda suvs and "TRUCK". :P
  • Options
    gd113gd113 Member Posts: 114
    Hmmm, the new 2005 Taco has been on the market since Oct I believe, Ridgeline since March. Toyota's are more reliable than Honda's, splitting hairs aren't we? :confuse:
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,817
    Hey, I think I am much like the rest of you folks who said they didn't like the looks at first, but it "grew" on them. Sure it is new and innovative, but to me it still looks ugly - not because it doesn't look like my idea of a pickup, but because it has odd proportions and shapes that just do not please my eye. That will keep me from buying one though if it is still the best fit. I use my vehicles - I don't sit and look at them. I will leave that job to everyone else.

Maybe we should all get bumper stickers that read, "If you do not find my automobile aesthetically pleasing, why do you keep looking at it?" ;)
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    I don't think he means since the new model and I think he means since the Tacoma
    came out in 1995 1/2 and the previous 4x2 and 4x4 before that.
  • Options
    Yes I do know what he meant. The Taco has been around a while. The current version is totally new so at this point the only history it has is the name. Don't misunderstand me, I was going to buy the Taco until I drove the Ridge. Served my needs best thats all. I don't know why some people are angry about the Ridgeline, if your truck is the best so be it.
  • Options
  • Options
    "I don't know why some people are angry about the Ridgeline"

This is truly one of the great mysteries about the Ridgeline. It's also one small reason I enjoy owning one so much. The RL certainly brings out the trolls on the internet, but everyone that I meet in the real world loves it. Face it, real people just don't spend that much time on the net or really care that much about a truck or whether it's actually called a "truck". It's too funny.
  • Options
    sorry about the empty message, i accidently pressed the enter button,what i meant is that i dont get why would anyone want to buy a truck from a company that is not good at it or has not been in the market for too long. it just doesnt make sense and to gd113 Ridgeline does not have much of power and i think the Taco would serve your needs even better, remember those Honda Passports they used to make. those things always had some kind of problem or another, my neighbors have one of those and i have seen them really struggling with it everyday, jumpstart, transission problems, smoke from exhaust and really bad and big noise from the hood, and the CRVs had their engines burn up and catch flames, the element looks too "SQUAREY" and Pilot really is the only thing that could be considered, Honda trucks just dont suit the needs of people, and of course i am a big fan of Honda cars, good luck gd113.

thanks, Tiger
  • Options
    sorry, double post
  • Options
    i dont get why would anyone want to buy a truck from a company that is not good at it or has not been in the market for too long. That's just funny. Where the hec do you derive they're not good at trucks. Their great at trucks from my direct experience

it just doesnt make sense and to gd113 Ridgeline does not have much of power
    What!???? Power has been excellent from my direct experience with this truck, and was one reason I bought it.

i think the Taco would serve your needs even better. The 05 Taco is a good truck and was going to buy one myself until I bought a Ridgeline. There just wasn't a comparison. 10 minutes with the RL convinced me Toyota was behind the game, and I'm a Toyota loyalist that owned a great Toy truck for the last 14 years. I still love it, but RL was the clear no brainer choice for me.

remember those Honda Passports they used to make. those things always had some kind of problem or another, my neighbors have one of those and i have seen them really struggling with it everyday, jumpstart, transission problems, smoke from exhaust and really bad and big noise from the hood, I thought Honda didn't make the passport, but commissioned Isuzu to do it. I'm not sure. Mabey someone can clear this up for me.

and the CRVs had their engines burn up and catch flames, This was a simple avoidable problem that was due to incompetent mechanics. When you take an oil filter off, make sure the old gasket comes off with it people !!! This was not a mechanical deficiency of any kind by Honda.

the element looks too "SQUAREY" Your opinion. I love it.

Honda trucks just dont suit the needs of people, Honda did extensive market research, and the RL is a direct result of it, and probably why everthing I've read demonstrates the exact opposite of your statement. It suits the needs of exactly 80+% of the people, but it's good to know you speak for everybody.

and of course i am a big fan of Honda cars. Really? Your post is puzzling.
  • Options
    mtdogmtdog Member Posts: 7
    The passport was a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo from what I remember :confuse: If I were to purchase a new truck today, the Ridgeline would be the hands down winner for me. Fantastic gas mileage compared to my 02 4x4 v-8 dakota quad cab, a more useable back seat when folded up or down compared to the dakota or the Taco, the in bed trunk, and Honda quality easily put the Ridge at the top of my list. As far as offroad and towing ability goes the ridge will easily handle my needs at this time. As a final note I have seen minivans, rvs and passenger cars in offroad places you could have never thought possible, so I am sure the Ridge can handle the offroad needs of most people :) .
  • Options
    Heres an update on the latest shootout by C & D. June issue.

"Honda is in another league according to one test driver"

"Were not talking sports car feel here, but its head and shoulders above its comepetitors"

Out of 250 points.

1,. Ridgeline= 211 points

2.Nissan Frontier= 197

3.Toyota Tacoma= 192

4.Dodge Dakota= 188

5. Chevy colorado= 168

Before anyone here claims that C&D always makes Honda top dog in any comparo, remember that the Pilot was rated 2nd to the Mitsubishi Endeavor by the same C&D, a year or two ago.

Have YOU ever noticed how many Honda Adds are in Car and Driver, Well it's about as many Toyota Adds are in Motor Trend. kind of makes you wonder why things stack up the the way they do in the world of WHO PAYS THE BILLS!!!

For those who use the lame argument that it's all about who helps pay the bills. These are the adds on this June issue of C&D. I've look thru the adds in the May issue and it's almost the same story.

1.BMW= 5 whole page adds / pages 0-4
    2.Jeep= 2 whole pages / pages 16-17
    3.Pontiac GM=4 whole pages./ pages 23-26
    4.Mercedes Benz= 2 whole pages / pages 28-29
    5.Onstar GM=1 whole page / page 30
    6. Audi=2 whole pages / pages 34-35
    7.Hyundai=2 whole pages/ pages 46-47
    8.Cadillac GM=1 whole page/ page 61
    9.Saab GM=2 whole pages/ pages 66-67
    10.Infiniti=2 whole pages/ pages 74-75
    11.Land Rover=1 whole page/ page 78
    12.Jaguar= 1 whole page/ page 84
    13.Mazda=2 whole pages/ page89-90
    14.Ford=1 whole page/ page 93
    15.Kia=2 whole pages / page 94-95
    16.Subaru=1 whole page / page 111
    17.ACURA=1 whole page/ page 115
    18.Chyrsler=2 whole pages / pages 120-121
    19.HONDA= 2 WHOLE PAGES/ page 126-127
    20.Mazda=1 whole page / page 134
    21.Dodge=2 whole pages / pages 136-137
    22.VW=1 whole page/ page 138
    23.GM hydrogen vehicles=1 whole page/ pages143
    24.Nissan=2 whole pages/ pages 146-147
    25.Lexus=2 whole pages/ pages 150-151
    26.Chevrolet GM=1 whole page / page 210

Whew, I never paid attention to those adds, but looks to me like GM paid C&D

3. 4 pages
    5. 1 page
    8. 1 page
    9. 2 pages
    23. 1 page
    26. 1 page
    ---------------------
    10 pages of GM advertisement vs 3 pages of adds for Honda and Acura. Looks to me that GM is the one paying C&D's bills and not Honda. GM should pull out their adds from ungrateful C&D for ranking the Colorado dead last.Hmm maybe C&D put Toyota Tacoma on third because Lexus adds were only 2 pages.I can only speculate.
  • Options
    Thanks for wishing me luck Tiger. How in the world you know what I need I don't get but whatever. BTW Isuzu produced the Passport so I would not really consider it a Honda other than the nameplate. I believe the above posts did an excellent job of addressing your comments. I like Toyota but I suggest you go back and read the Tacoma posts and the many quality issues going on with the 2005.
  • Options
    ridgeowner3ridgeowner3 Member Posts: 27
    You just have to laugh at some of these jealous Tacoma owners that have access to a keyboard, but hardly know how to use it.

Toyota's losing sales to the Ridgeline...that's a fact!

BTW, I haven't seen any Ridgeline owners who wish they had bought the Tacoma instead, only jealous Tacoma owners with shallow comments about the truck they obviously missed out on because they bought too soon.
  • Options
    "BTW, I haven't seen any Ridgeline owners who wish they had bought the Tacoma instead, only jealous Tacoma owners with shallow comments about the truck they obviously missed out on because they bought too soon."

I was almost one of them. I'm glad I had the patience to wait. We were going to pull the trigger on an 05 Taco, but then I decided to wait 2 months for the RL to hit the lots to give it a serious look after reading about it (you can even find posts of me dissing the RL early on on the RL threads). My wife almost flipped when I told her "just wait 2 more months" She was ready then. She was very reluctant but willing to spend 27,000 on the 05 Taco, but it took her 10 minutes to plop down 33,000 on the RL. She's very glad I made her wait.

Remember this ladies, sometimes you need the firm but gentle guidance of your husband. :P :):D :shades:
  • Options
    varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    The Passport was a clone of the Isuzu Rodeo. It was assembled by Isuzu and sold through Honda outlets while Honda developed their own SUVs. FWIW, Acura also cloned the Trooper and sold maybe two or three of them. In return, Isuzu got to clone the original pre 1999 Odyssey and sold it as the "Oasis".

"what i meant is that i dont get why would anyone want to buy a truck from a company that is not good at it or has not been in the market for too long." - Tiger10

That's one of my favorite logical fallacies.

Honda had never built an American style minivan before the 1999 Odyssey. Honda had never designed their own mid-size SUV before the MDX. It had been something like 40 years since Honda had made a roadster, yet they made the S2000. Honda's first luxury car was the Acura Legend.

I guess experience isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Each of those vehicles dominated or ranked very highly within their segments.

And it's not just Honda. Ford had never built a cross-over SUV before the Escape. Toyota's first cross-over was the RX300. Chrysler's first minivan was the Caravan.

I don't see why experience or time in the market is such a big deal. Let's not forget... Honda and Toyota didn't assume control over the car markets by building versions of exactly the same stuff offered by the domestics. They built little, reliable, fuel efficient cars while the domestics were building what they had experience with (big, V8-powered gas guzzlers).
  • Options
    Gearhead, I am the same as you, almost the same person I think! I also almost bought the "new" Truck-of-the-Year when I ran across the Ridgeline during online research. Kept liking what I read about the Ridgeline and thought I was going to wait a year before I really had to replace my old Chevy Silverado. Couldn't wait after the test drive on day one.

Also, my wife was never thrilled about my decision to buy the Tacoma. She always thought it was too small. She's used to the bigger trucks, especially the Silverado. She also fell in love with the Ridgeline during that test drive and told me to buy it! The price didn't really matter at that point!

Now we're going to take the Ridge on trips instead of her Camry, which has been a great car (160k miles in 8 yrs). That wouldn't have happened if I had bought the Tacoma.

ps. I also considered the Tundra (wouldn't fit in my garage), and the Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra, which were nice but just too big and unreliable.
  • Options
    I find it amazing that even though the Ridgeline and Tacoma are such very different vehicles, so many of the Ridgeline owners either were going to buy a Tacoma or seriously considered it before deciding on the Ridgeline.

That, to me, goes to show that there is very much the demand for a vehicle like the Ridgeline and it fills a niche all its own. Love it or hate it, there is no denying that Honda once again built a winner.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    Now we're going to take the Ridge on trips instead of her Camry, which has been a great car (160k miles in 8 yrs). That wouldn't have happened if I had bought the Tacoma.

Oh yeah, that's one other big reason we bought it. This is our main luxury touring car as well (she's a muscian so it really is a "tour" car.) I swear it rides as good as a Camry as well. Nothing will beat this on long trips. Dual climate control, heated leather seats and XM Radio. It's like a well appointed waiting room until you get to your destination. We usually get to our destination and we still wish we could drive further. It's too funny. The trunk is huge. I don't know if you tried yet, but it swallows a whole cart load of groceries with room to spare. We didn't really need groceries, but I bought a cart load just to see. :)

ps. I also considered the Tundra (wouldn't fit in my garage).

Hey, my garage is small too. Mabey, we are the same person. Is your wife 5"3 with long blond hair?
  • Options
    wooddorkerwooddorker Member Posts: 300
    "I find it amazing that even though the Ridgeline and Tacoma are such very different vehicles, so many of the Ridgeline owners either were going to buy a Tacoma or seriously considered it before deciding on the Ridgeline.

That, to me, goes to show that there is very much the demand for a vehicle like the Ridgeline and it fills a niche all its own. Love it or hate it, there is no denying that Honda once again built a winner."

Right on! The Ridgline is a great vehicle, Honda thinks things out very well. So is the Tacoma, Toyota has similar corporate culture. The vehicles ARE very DIFFERENT! :D Both are right for someone, just like a Ford Super Duty, Volvo wagon, or Sprinter dualie van might be right for someone else.

Some of the comments coming from two of the busier RL owners here remind me of what I've heard from Subaru Baja owners about my pickup. The look on the face is hilarious when they learn that I've also got nearly the same Subie, only with a rear roof. "Jealous Tacoma Owners"? Who are they trying to convince, us or themselves?

Anyone who bought a Tacoma OR a Ridgeline because it won a marketing award has my sympathies.
  • Options
    Hey Gearhead, are you in the ROC? If so, hopefully we will meet up soon in So. UT.

I've built a fitted shelf for my trunk so I can keep the road gear underneath and my softball equipment on top...EZ access! It's been perfect! Plenty of room.
  • Options
    yeah, that would be cool, I'd like to see that shelf.
  • Options
    car9car9 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a DC V6 Prerunner. :)
    I noticed the honda has the same c/r (10:1) and the web site states "regular" unlike the note on the toyota website. I have looked at many articles and still unsure on the issue. Is the regular/premium (knock)issue the same?? Or am I lost?
  • Options
    varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    The Ridgeline runs on regular. However, I believe they recommend a higher octane for heavy towing or hauling.
  • Options
    :P :P :P You just Proved that lame point I made, NOT ONE TOYOTA ADD!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    :P :P :P . Your right, Lexus like Saturn/Saab must be part of GM and not Toyota.I'm so sorry I though Lexus parent company is Toyota. Am bad,forum members my apologies, the results are indeed rigeed because C&D did not receive a single add from Toyota or any of it's divisions,thus the unfair results.
  • Options
    LOL...... do I detect an extremely faint hint of sarcasm there? ;)
  • Options
    What sarcasm? :confuse: Isn't Lexus a division of GM? and Scion a division of Ford? :shades:

C&D is full of crap and unreliable. Just because Toyota doesn't advertise with them, and Hondas 3 page adds pays their bills they kowtow to Honda in every way.What I can't figure out is why GM's 10 pages plus one for Subaru=(is that 11 now?) cant get C&D to rate their products as no 1?. Maybe the pages where Honda advertisements are found are 3 ply paper and GM's adds are placed in single ply.Maybe the ink in Honda adds are first rate while others have crappy ink, thus Honda pays C&D more for their adds. Let me hunt for my old microscope and find out. :P I'll update the forum on my findings.
  • Options
    octavivsoctavivs Member Posts: 2
    I own a ridgeline and the owners manual recommends 86 octane or higher for regular driving and premium for towing.

As an aside I think both vehicles are great. I traded an 04 tacoma TRD for a ridgeline. The vehicles are not designed to target the same type of buyer. The only common characteristic of the buyers is trust in Toyota/Honda reliability. I very much like Toyota and it had been my favorite car brand, but the tacoma was really not a good fit for my famiy. If off road driving is important, the tacoma is better by far. However, for practical purposes, the ridgeline is much better for a family. It serves the purpose of a truck well. It can tow more than the basic tacoma at 5000# compared to 3500#, but less if the tacoma has the towing package which raises the tacoma limit to 6500. It can carry a payload of 1554 compared to 1415 on the tacoma. ,but it can also be used with the kids/family. There is more interior space, a trunk for carrying things like strollers, and the ride is much more comfortable than the tacoma. Also it has more standard sfety features than any truck on the market.
    I think any owner of a tacoma or ridgeline are going to be happy with their purchase. They both have their strongpoints and tacoma owners can speak more to the strongpoints of the tacoma, but the ridgeline is great if you need a truck that can also do the job of a car too.
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    A whole bunch of truly stupid posts were just removed. If it continues, then members will get removed. Either discuss the trucks intelligently, or find another website.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    the latest version of their HiLux pickup. This is a close cousin of the Tacoma, but sold overseas. I think this vehicle is far more attractive than the current Tacoma.

http://car.kak.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4247

Bob
  • Options
    Indeed. That is a very nice truck (appearance).
  • Options
    firstdaddyfirstdaddy Member Posts: 19
    The passion I see from both Tacoma, and Ridgeline owners doesn’t surprise me anymore. I have been following this Taco vs. RL thread for a while now. Every time I come here to read, I fill like I am re-living the Presidential Election again. This Taco vs. RL truly reminds me of the Red states vs. the Blue states. LOL! ;)
  • Options
    This Taco vs. RL truly reminds me of the Red states vs. the Blue states. LOL!

Interesting observation, and I think to a large degree, correct.

Tacoma = Red = conservative
    Ridgeline = Blue = liberal

Now before anyone says: "Yeah, but look who won the election!" the long-term jury is still out. I expect the Ridgeline to get off to a slow start, much like the Nissan Titan and Toyota Tundra, but will pick up momentum as time passes (again much like the Titan & Tundra).

Bob
  • Options
    matt30matt30 Member Posts: 27
    I'm very liberal and I still choose the Tacoma. (However I do live in a rual area and like to offroad which may have influenced my decision)

Ridgeline will get good sales eventually because the concept is sound. I just expect it will take away more people from the car market rather than the truck market.
  • Options
    You may be liberal but the Tacoma is very conservative, at least when compared against the Ridgeline.

Bob
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    (image of host with the heebie-jeebies)

Pleeeeeeeeeease let's not get into politics!!

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    wooddorkerwooddorker Member Posts: 300
    Things are getting silly again... :sick:
  • Options
    matt30matt30 Member Posts: 27
    "You may be liberal but the Tacoma is very conservative, at least when compared against the Ridgeline.

Bob"

What the hell is that suppoed to mean? The way I use trucks the Ridgeline just dosn't fit the bill.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/169722105254865.html
    http://www.zippyvideos.com/138553744254775.html
    http://www.zippyvideos.com/15988032254665.html

Plus it has independant suspention, a weak motor, bad clearance, and its too expencive.
  • Options
    suvguy2005suvguy2005 Member Posts: 19
    Honda sold nearly 4000 Ridgelines in March. Only a month after its debut. At that rate Honda should have no problems selling 50,000 Ridgelines a year. After more people hear about it, get used to its looks, and test drive the Ridgeline those numbers should go way up.

http://www.aiada.org/article.asp?id=36723
  • Options
    What the hell is that suppoed to mean?

The new Tacoma is a very evolutionary redesign. There is nothing really new and unique here. All the changes, while good, are uterly predictable. It didn't break any really new ground—hence "conservative."

How you use the truck, or your political leanings, have absolutely nothing to do with what I was commenting on.

Bob
  • Options
    theguytheguy Member Posts: 16
    I am sorry here folks but when i want a truck i buy one and the honda is just a freaky looking wierd thing. I dont care how nice it looks or what the bed has to offer but a truck is a simplistic tool that is supposed to be durable and that is what the taco is all about. Thats why it went up for truck of the year. I am not saying its the best truck on the market but come on they have been making them for some time now so id say they no what there doing. I am tired of people talking about fad trucks suv etc. Like i said i like a normal plain truck that works nothing fancy and thats why i bought a tacoma.