Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• Car man,

I was quoted 2007 lease 36 months 10k miles with $0 down just your start up fees roughly $1200 due it came out to $419 with tax or $393 plus tax. With the $1999 down,$359 plus tax or $380. Good deal? MI sales tax is 6%.

Also, can you point me to a good finance calculator on the web?
  • Hi fkhan83. You never mentioned what this car's MSRP is. This is an important number when calculating its monthly payment. For now I will assume that its MSRP is $30,560. Correct me if this is not the case. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Acura TSX with an MSRP of $30,560 and a selling price of $27,670 through Honda Finance right now for 35 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $440. I used a money factor of .00275 and a residual value of 53% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi shoppingcar. The dealer invoice price for a base 2006 Acura TSX with an automatic transmission but without navigation is $26,106. The price that you were offered this car for is around $700 over invoice once the $1,000 dealer cash that is available on this model right now is backed out. This is a reasonable price. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00275 to calculate your car's lease payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi zack24. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Edmunds.com has a loan and lease calculator available right on this site. Here is a link to it: Edmunds.com Calculators.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 2007 Acura TSX Auto -(w/o Navigation)
    I just did this very skinny lease deal shown below:

Terms: 36 months, 15k miles / yr
    Money Factor: .00161
    Residual: 61%

$351.22 / mo plus sales tax of $24.59 = total payment of $375.81 / mo

Amount due at lease signing:
    $600
    includes first months pmt, tag/title/doc fee.

I had the negotiation leverage b/c I shopped around and priced 4 different dealers. An outside dealer presented this deal to me and I presented it to my local dealer to match it and they did. If you have the time this method definately saves you alot of $$$.

I use www.leaseguide.com 's calculator.

Good Luck gents!
  • Congratulations on getting your new car, gator00si. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy :) !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi, I am located in Arizona and would like to get that same quote you got...can you provide me with dealer name and number
  • Here is one of the emails I recieved from Regal Acura out of Lakeland, Florida as a basis for comparison. It's close to the deal I did with my local dealer.

Dear Eric,

Here is the lease information you've requested.

36 mths/ 15,000 miles yr/ $985 down/ $366 + tax per mth

Cap cost with aquisition fee is $28,095.00-$595 =$27,500 for selling price

We have the silver with black in stock. Let me know when would be a good time for you to come in.

Thank you for the opportunity. We love expediting car buying and having fun. We look forward to having you as part of the Regal family.

Sincerely,

Darla Williams and Rita Rank
    Internet Sales Department
    Regal Automotive Group
  • Keep in mind that being across the country in AZ the market I'm sure is alot different. All the outside dealers I priced were still within 100 miles of where I live. I didn't bother pricing dealers out of state as I know and most likely the dealer knows I won't fly or drive out of state just to pick up an Acura and drive it all the way back.
  • cpa3cpa3 Posts: 88
    Just leased a 2007 TSX w/o Navigation for my daughter. Here is the deal:
    MSRP: $28760
    Cap Cost $27508 ($200 over invoice)
    Acq Fee $595 (added to cap cost)
    DMV Fees $236 (added to cap cost)
    Residual 63%
    MOney Rate .0016100
    12000 miles a year
    Drive off $412.07
    Monthly Pmt: $354.82 (includes 7.75% sales tax)

The car had to be picked up from another dealer. They offered me anyone off their lot for $200 less.
    Nice dealership to deal with. Very straight forward and honest. Deal was done over the phone before I set foot in the place.
  • jenp123jenp123 Posts: 39
    I am looking into leasing a '07 TSX and I looked on Acura's Main web page and there are some attractive incentives going on right now. A non- navigation, TSX has a leasing option for $299 a month. Not all respective Acura dealers mention this information on their website, but if the information on Acura's main page, don't all dealers have to honor?
  • jenp123 said:

"I am looking into leasing a '07 TSX and I looked on Acura's Main web page and there are some attractive incentives going on right now. A non- navigation, TSX has a leasing option for $299 a month. Not all respective Acura dealers mention this information on their website, but if the information on Acura's main page, don't all dealers have to honor?"

In addition, what is anyone finding that they are able to negotiate further? I am very new to leasing. Any assistance would be helpful.
  • The current $299 deal expires on Feb. 5th. You have to wonder if they might improve it since President's Day sales are coming up in a month or so. Certainly to keep pace with other lucrative deals out there, they will have to do something.
  • Backstory:
    Ending wife's 2004 Jetta GL lease for something larger and more luxurious. The TL would've been great, but we didn't want to spend that much $$ even though my car payment is almost 500/month but will be paid off in a few months.

Smithtown Acura Long Island, NY
    Henry Neil was the salesman, he was very nice and respectful as well as very well versed in the Acura product line. I've been to upscale dealerships where I was educating the salesman on some of the feature/options...
    My wife and I are young and we've been brushed off before elsewhere because they probably thought we can't afford their cars...i hate that!
    Anyway we decided on an 07 TSX, no navi, it turns out they still have the lease rates from the holiday program until 1-31! I was very excited to hear this because from what i've read here, they've been high

MSRP 28,760
    Price Paid 27,560
    Term 36 months
    15k/yr
    MF .00127 (3% for super preferred 710+ FICO)
    First month's down, bank fee, plates, etc up front (~1100) No cap reduction otherwise.
    35x without tax, but I decided to pay the tax each month.
    It came out to 385/mo with ~1100 total laid out
    The only problem was color choice, seems the TSX has been selling well around here. We wanted white with the ebony interior, but there were none to be had so we took Black with the black interior and we're waiting for it to arrive.

I'm excited to finally own a car with a sunroof, leather, heated seats and all the other entry-luxo stuff packed into the TSX. My WRX cost me 24k in 2002, but all that $$$ is in the drivetrain/suspension. Yes it's much faster than a tsx, but the niceties will be very welcome for my wife's daily driver and when i drive it. 27k is a pretty good deal for still being somehwat early in the 07 model year.
  • wrx_tsx- What was your Residual and how much are your taxes? That MF is really great, I may try to negotiate for that too.
  • Oh man I thought I was missing a detail when I posted this!
    for the 36month 15k/yr the residual is 59%
    NY state sales tax is 8.625 on a receipt i had laying around, for some reason i thought it was 8.75, close enough.

I didn't have to negotiate anything on the MF. The salesman was reading right from acura's book thingy. I came home and looked here before buying to see what people were getting on a MF and the lowest I saw was .0016x from someone on the west coast. So I figured that .00127 is about as low as I've seen poking around these boards(hair over 3.0%) and that there wasn't a dealer markup, and even if there was it was still a killer rate.
    IIRC the TL had identical MF's...
    It was 34k msrp, 33k neg cap cost and 423 paying first months, fees and tax up front (roughly 460ish with NY tax rolled into the payment) I forgot the RV but it was 57 or 59 IIRC
  • mk2mk2 Posts: 27
    Car_man,
    Please let me know current money factor and residual for a TSX without NAV and with auto transmission. Looking to lease it for 36 months.
    Thanks
  • Hi Car_man,

I'm also interested in these numbers for the car and term above with 12k miles per year.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Cap Cost $27508 ($200 over invoice)

The invoice is around 26,300.
  • mk2mk2 Posts: 27
    Here's what I'm getting from a couple of dealers in NJ for TSX without NAV and with auto transmission:

Lease Term: 36 Month 10K
    Selling Price: $26,808
    Residual: 59%
    Money Factor: 0.00127
    Sales Tax: 7%

Monthly Payment: 337.00 (tax included)

Due at signing:
    First month payment: $337
    Document: $189
    Bank Fee: $595
    Total: $1375