Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• tbenson81tbenson81 Posts: 22
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual for the non-V6 TSX for July? The 2009 base and 2009 tech as well as the 2010 base and 2010 tech. Thanks!

From what I have seen......the numbers dont look as good as last month.
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    Just saw that the base TSX 09 lease offering went from $272.00,mo., 10K/36 mo. with $2,272.00 down to $397.00 for 10k/48 mo with $2,272. in the Chicago area. This is an 2009, not the 2010. Similar increases on the other Acura models. Good way to improve sales especially when overall Acura YTD sales are down some 35%
  • robertw477robertw477 Posts: 186
    Those prices are terrible. Never do a 48 month lease! 36 max. Sign and drive leases only. No cap cost leases. Get the bottom line price. I think you might have to pay the sales tax up front in Chicago. Walk away if the deal is no good. All Honda leases are based on 12K a year. I have no idea why they quote 10K? How about calling some of the dealers in Milwaukee. Maybe they have better pricing?

Rob
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    All Honda leases are based on 12K a year

No they are not. You can get 10,12, & 15k
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    Only one Acura dealer in Milwaukee owned by the Acura dealer in Madison, WI. I agree with you 110 %. They are only shooting themselves in the foot. Back to the basics, its only a piece of iron. Fall in love with the deal not the car.

I have attempted to work with several dealers, based on their figures one would think the recession is over and so is the 9.5 % unemployment rate. TSX sales alone were down 53.1% for June 2009
  • roubaudroubaud Posts: 39
    Down 53% and yup, everyone is acting like the recession is over. Folks, this recession is gonna get worse because we have no alternative energy sources or infrastructure to deliver that potential new energy, and oil has peaked, and demand is going up in the Far East. That's my soapbox du jour. Now someone give me a deal!
    There are some online car brokers that will get you the car at the right price or ship it to you. It sounds crazy but it might work even if it cost a few hundred in delivery costs. That is if you want this car. Search the internet and check them out. Locally I was offered a TSX with tech with nothing down on a leftover. I ended up getting a TL for $20.00 more TL with tech. (Zero cap fees etc)

Rob
    You can get 10K on a Honda lease but 99% are based on 12K or 15. The cost between 10-12K miles will very extremely small on this car. For the price they quoted him that should have been 12K anyway.

Rob
  • leedgatorleedgator Posts: 3
    I'm in S FLA, my '10 TSX hasn't had any bluetooth issues, nor have I noticed much road noise except maybe slightly at high speeds/bumpy roads, but then I have driven a truck for 10+yrs so I am a bit numb to it. Nothing the radio cant fix , particularly with your Tech sound system. (I shouldve opted for tech...oh well)

My biggest pet peeve with the vehicle thus far is that they managed to omit 2nd row A/C vents? How?

I really enjoy driving the TSX, athough I do miss my Ridgelines AWD which although was tough on gas felt like it was glued to the road doing 90 in the pouring rain, not sure I will do that with FWD . I imagine your TL being a bit heavier probably felt similar and definately did if you had the AWD.
  • avalon2000avalon2000 Posts: 25
    All should take a look at www.truecars.com wherein you can get the REAL transaction numbers of actual sales prices in your local and regional area, up to the national level. Works for vehicles upon which they have the data, which are most. I have found the REAL sales prices much lower than www.carsdirect.com, in most instances. I spoke to a few dealers about this new site, and once they saw it their jaws dropped in disgust! ;)

My latest calculation for a new 2009 TSX w/Tech Pkg in NYC metro area for 36 mo./15k is:

Sticker: $33,070
    Base: $28,750 [based upon what actually sold]
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: .00198
    Sales Tax: 8.375%
    Mo. Lease: $409.43 incl. sales tax

add upfront first month, tags, Honda fee.

Only thing I'd add, personally, are splash guards and wheel locks.

Too bad Acura no longer offers OnStar, I had it in my 2003 TL-S, currently have it in my 2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3. Absolutely terrific service, worth every penny!
    The difference between a 10k & 12k lease is that the 10k lease will have a 1% higher residual. A 15k lease will have a 2% lower residual then a 12k lease.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,059
    What makes truecar any different than our own TMV? They collect info on sales prices from dealerships... So does Edmunds.

Since neither site is providing the method behind collecting their data or their own proprietary calculations, then how do you propose one is better than the other?

I will propose that Edmunds has been around a lot longer, has far more information from members and dealers, and probably generates more web traffic than truecar (by many, many multiples).

It's a nicely laid out website... but, that doesn't make their information accurate or better.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Not trying to denigrate Edmunds. It's just that TrueCars has the distinct number of vehicles sold within distinct price ranges, within charts & histograms, as opposed to just one average price. For example, when I know there is only one particular brand dealer in my local area, I can pinpoint what they actually sold my chosen vehicle for, with options. Regardless, the web site offers great tools in negotiating the lowest price, as opposed to just some average price.

The reaction the dealers have had to this new web site is one of disgust, "too much information given to the prospect" I was told. In more than one case, the info has revealed what pricing liers some dealers are to me, just plain old scum bags, wherein I know now never to step a foot in their dealerships. No wonder they are all nearly going out of business!
  • roubaudroubaud Posts: 39
    My 1st instinct is to agree completely and say go with TMV from Edmunds. But as somone who has only one Acura dealer at 45 miles away, and the next three at 200 miles away, a more accurate dealer or regional pricing is needed--and so I like the concept behind TrueCars... if they had more comparables. This will be the final nail in the coffin for dealers, perhaps, as far as consumer power goes. Still, for someone like me who wants the TSX, for example, I may have no choice but to go with what the closest dealer says and just pray it's in the TMV or TrueCar ballpark. I could move to NY or CA I suppose, but then I couldn't afford my house. Woe is Midwest life.
    My suggestion is to significantly broaden your zip code area on Edmunds and TrueCar, and look at local, regional & national on TrueCar. Midwest? IMHO try Chicago. If attractive, could always negotiate a lease from there with faxed/emailed paperwork, then merely drive to Chicago, or if no wheels yet, just rent a local car for one way transportation, or bus, train, plane. Then take delivery and drive back home. A pain in the [non-permissible content removed], true, but could be a BIG $SAVINGS???

Nationwide, the cheapest dealers tend to be in and around the Reading, PA area, as this is where most all East Coast livery companies buy their cars, typically the Lincoln Town Car, and where many fleet sales take place.
  • 23109vc23109vc Posts: 218
    do many dealers still have 09 TSX w/tech? i know lots of dealers have 2010s piled up...

i'm wondering if you could ge ta better deal on a leftover 09 tech or a 2010 base...

leasing. are there incentives on any of the TSXs now?

i had been looking at TL leases, but don't want to spend that much. i was figuring a TL base w/tech was going to be around 522/month with zero down. not sure how much cheaper I coudl go to get a TSX. i was thinking of getting a nicer car like a TSX and now i'm starting to get that "screw it just buy a cheap car" attitude... not cheap like a corolla..just less expensnive..like an inline 4 TSX instead of the V6 TL...
  • gpb59gpb59 Posts: 69
    I've had offers in the 400-450 range per month with zero down from for 36 mos on the 09 TL tech from some southern cal dealers.
  • 23109vc23109vc Posts: 218
    zero down? and 400-450/month? is that before tax?

i read a recent post here where a person reported getting 480/month + tax with zero down. maybe you coudl get to 450k...but I don't think you could get to 400.

i'd consider going down to a TSX lease if I could save a ton of money per month..not sure how much cheaper I can ge tthe TSX lease for vs a TL?

with the $2000 dealer cash on teh TL, it seemslike the TL is actually a better lease.

there is $1250 dealer cash on eh TSX tech, but the selling price of that car is about 29000 to 29500. the selling price for a TL w/tech is hardly any higher than that... like 33500 or something...more expensive..but a marginal increase.

a TL base NO tech would hardly be any more expensive than a TSX tech...
  • ebeaversebeavers Posts: 4
    I'm looking at leasing an 09 Base TSX and am getting very frustrated. Even though I live in DFW (TX) area where there are 4 Acura dealerships, there seem to be very few 09's left.

I just tried using the True Cars cost with one of the dealers who still has 4 of the 09's in stock. He told me that he will sell all 4 by the end of the month for more money, and wished me well in my endeavors elsewhere. Should I keep pumping this dealer, or move on?

Leasing gives me tired-head :(
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    If they are having an attitude like that, than I would move on. Its not worth it. There are plenty of other dealers who are willing to give you great service at a reasonable price.
    Heck we don't want highway robbery, we just want decent service, respect.

I would think at this point a dealer would want to focus on moving as many cars as they can. Not by price. You would more than likely make a better profit by selling more than selling one at a higher price. You know it will sit for awhile. That is a BIG risk to be taking, even for an Acura. That is not good business either.

Also, you just don't know who will walk in your door, that has good ties with people. Meaning, word of mouth can be either good or bad for you. You don't always know who your dealing with. Our business has secret shoppers, where we get judged by our service technique. But, the goal is to put customers first, respect them. Trust me, you do all of this, you the rest will follow.

I'll even pay more, if the dealer offers top notch service and respect. I would!
    That is peace of mind! Even if you did buy it from the dealer which offered low quality service and overall feel, then are you going to feel good about taking it back there, for problems, or speaking with anyone of them? Nope!

Move on, you may have to drive, but do a deal search and do a mass email quote for leases.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    No problem, wculbert1. The only difference is that you want 12,000 miles per year instead of 15,000. Honda Finance's 12k residuals are 2% higher than its 15k resids for 36 month terms.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    The Tech version's residual values are 3% lower than the base model's resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mom29mom29 Posts: 4
    Hello, we were given best offer
    on TSX with Tech pkg today.
    $379./mos for 36 mos
    $3500.00 down
    10K miles
    additional miles at <.10/mile
    extend lease for the same mthly pyt at the end.
    ACURA dealer Route 22W New Jersey.

Can you tell me what dealer you contacted.
    Thank You.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    That doesn't seem like a good deal at all. Too much money down for that payment.
    Only 10k miles? No deal there. :(
  • I am in NJ and received a lease offer on a 2010 base model TSX of:

$2200 total out of pocket
    $375/month for 36 months/12,000 miles

This is the final bottom line, inclusive of all taxes and fees.

Sound good? Please let me know.
  • Just left the dealer, and I am thinking this over

2010 base TSX, 36 months, 15 k per year, no money out of pocket besides first months payment and $80 for 2-year tags

msrp 30120
    net cap 29199
    residual (61%) 18373.20
    money factor is .00243 (5.832%)
    total sales tax is 2144.16 My local tax is 6.35% which means that I am paying tax on 33766.29 (which I thought was odd)

monthly payment of 465.05

I know this is too high. My last lease (Volvo) had a money factor of .0013. We have mid 700 credit ratings, and I can't understand the higher money factor.

You can play with the cap, residual, etc... but in the end it comes down to the mf.

Can you give some guidance as to why the high mf. I know Acura finance sets a baseline and the dealerships work from there, but I feel like this is a too high.
    I am sure that is the Honda MF, I don't believe they allow their dealers to markup the MF That's the way Honda operates, high residual, high MF or low residual, low MF.
  • That's what I kind of thought too, but I called Acura finance thinking maybe I could get a better rate directly through the Acura Finance, as we leased a TL a few years back, and the rep told me that they set the mf rate, and the dealers take it from there. Pretty much like a middleman mark up. I just cant get why the mf is so high here.

Like I said Volvo was .0013 3.12%
    Our Sequoia was .0016 3.9%

The difference between a 3.9 and a 5.8% is roughly $40 per month.
    Looking through previous posts I see a MF of .00243 for a V6, so chances are the I4 at .00243 is correct.
  • I guess I will just have to get them to lower the price closer to invoice (26959). I think an offer of 28000 is respectable. I am sure they will have dealer holdback of about $700-1000, so they are still making money off the car.