Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Isuzu Trooper

Comments

• Options
    gprodickgprodick Member Posts: 36
    I'm on my third set of 265/75's on my Trooper. One Scorpion and two Revos. Total mileage about 80,000 on these three sets. The current set is new.

If you're considering 265/75-16's, load rating should be an issue, I believe. LT tires, C rated and above, are going to be stiffer than P rated tires. They're going to ride rougher and, depending on brand, may be louder. As you get into their wear cycle, they may become down right annoying. They are heavier (C's are several pounds heavier that P's) and may reduce stopping, acceleration, and mileage marginally. If you put D or E rated tires on a Trooper, what's the point? You're going to pound you teeth out.

I ran Scorpion "C" rated LT tires for a while. I didn't like them a bit. I then switched to Revo "P" rated. The Revos perform wonderfully. They are quiet, smooth, and offer great traction in all situations. As I don't carry huge loads regularly,like a pickup, I don't see the need for heavier duty tires. These are certainly heavy duty enough.

As for the gas mileage penalty, I just haven't seen it. I still get roughly the same mileage that I did with the stock tires, about 17 +/- mpg in normal mixed driving, maybe over 18 on the open road. Logic would seem to indicate that this would not be the case, but, in my case, it is. Maybe the higher effective gear ratio offsets the weight penalty of the tires. If you're figuring mileage you do have to add about 6-7% to account for the difference in tire circumference.

There are penalties for going with larger tires. There is a noticeable change in gearing. You will definitely notice slower acceleration off the line. In some situations, I've found the higher gearing to be a positive. You get used to it. I mean. let's face it. The Trooper is not exactly a rocket ship, anyway. Braking may or may not be impacted. The tires are heavier and that means its harder to stop them from rotating. However, they do have a wider tread and that may assist stopping in certain situations. In the real world, I don't think this is going to be an issue. I feel that the Trooper definitely handles better with the larger tires.

The looks are certainly transformed with the 265/75's. It sits a little higher. The wheel wells are filled out better. It looks tougher.

I don't know how much tread depth, when comparing different types of tires, really has to do with wear. Wear is determined by depth, compounds, tread design, tread width, the tire carcass, etc. When you're comparing different brands or even different load ratings within a given brand, a couple of fractions of an inch may not mean much. Although a C rated tire may have a skosh deeper tread, it may build up more heat because of the stiffer, heavier, carcass than a P rated tire. This could mean more tire wear. This might offset any apparent advantage a deeper tread might have. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

One thing I will say related to tire performance and wear on a Trooper is get a good alignment. It has been my experience that these vehicles are hard to align properly. I've only recently found a shop that could align it right. I'd pretty much given up on it. After 95,000 miles, I think I finally have it aligned correctly. Better late than never.

Are larger tires worth the extra bucks? Hard to say. Obviously I think they are. I've had three sets. My recommendation is the Revos in a P265/75-16 size or maybe 275/70-16. Some have used the 275/70's and liked them. I would beware of higher load rated LT tires on your Trooper, unless you have some special need for them. They could just be over kill. Good luck.
  • Options
    troop2shostroop2shos Member Posts: 235
    Good write-up gp. I will confirm that if you don't need the higher load ratings, don't get them - much more ride harshness, tend to generate noise & weigh a lot more related to unsprung weight penalties (your 255 Revo's have a higher load rating over OEM specs, anyway). Also, if you don't need the additional ride height, you'll save $$$'s & have better performance with a stock or close to stock tire dia. I noticed a significant difference in the final drive ratio change & slower acceleration by moving up to 255/70's on my Revo's (which I will buy again). If snow is a concern for your area, a wider tire is not what you may want - narrower is better to obtain more lbs / sq. inch in tire contact patch loading for increased traction & less rolling resistance. If you like the look & need the additional ground clearance of the larger tires, then go for it...otherwise there is a price to be paid.
  • Options
    boxtrooperboxtrooper Member Posts: 843
    P265/75R16 are load rated at 114
    LT265/75R16LRC are load rated at 112
    But your point is well taken: If I want a nice smooth quiet ride, go with the P rated tires. I think I'll do that even though there will be less tread depth. I am very impressed with the traction my current set of Revos are providing with only 5/32nds left, they saved me in a recent extreme emergency stop in the rain.
    Here is one study on tread depth vs. rolling resistance that shows less tread is more MPG:
    http://www.tiresociety.org/2000-2009/00abstract/2000-27.htm
    And another, for big trucks this time, not exact comparison, but interesting anyway. In this study the 75 profile tires gave better MPG than the 70 profile.
    http://www.trucktires.com/us_eng/technical/bftechnical/fuel_econo- my_f.asp
    Thank You
  • Options
    In my tire research I found an article (don't remember which article) that expleined the reason original equipment tires do not last long or perform very well on average. The OEMs pay a penalty if the vehicles they sell have a combined MPG over a certain level, one of the things they do to improve MPG and avoid this penalty is negotiate lighter tires with the tire manufactuers. The result is tires that will not last long. I read the sidewall on original tires on a Subaru, the wear rating was just 100. New tires of the same brand and tire name are rated 360.
  • Options
    gprodickgprodick Member Posts: 36
    Good point on width and snow. If you drive in snow a lot, you probably don't want wider tires. If you drive in sand or maybe mud, you might.

The P265/75 tire in the Revo has a .3 inch narrower tread than the LT265/75 and the P275/70. This would tend to make it a better tire in snow conditions. I drive in snow a fair amount and my P265/75 Revos seem to work very well.
  • Options
    sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    I saw a 1 to 2 MPG drop with 265/70 Deuler A/Ts. In general my mileage has been poor, but for around town there was a mileage hit (13/14 to 11/12). All of my highway miles are vacation miles, so it is hard to say, loaded down with gear and family I got 15 MPG straight highway...so I don't know if that was tires or load.
  • Options
    makayemakaye Member Posts: 81
    Tested on a TROOPER!
    I think this the article that was mentioned a while ago:
    http://motortrend.com/features/care/112_0001_ccwinter/index.html
  • Options
    papanutpapanut Member Posts: 1
    sorry this isn't really a fix, but I have notices with my trooper if I have the climate control set to recirculate the air the windows fog up in a hurry. Setting it to let the air vent in clears it up.
  • Options
    mqs1mqs1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    did a search and it looks like someone got $3000 off the buy back... however it was from Isuzu Motors.

Anybody have any experience with Bank One? I have 18 months left on my lease and have over 40k miles with a limit of 46k.

Residual is $11K? Unless i'm pretty sure that I can get $3000 off also, i'll probably guy another car and let it sit in the driveway once I hit 46k miles. I called them about buying back early but they wont' talk to me until 6 months before teh lease expiry. argh

Can anybody help with how Bank One handles these buy backs? I can't imagine that htey want it back.

Hate to buy another car and then have them offer me something much less than stated residual.

Thanks Alot!
    Michael
  • Options
    Too bad they don't mention how great the trooper is in snow. I don't know if you get a good evaluation of real performance since with TOD the trooper probably would do great in the deep stuff with poor highway tires.
  • Options
    peterismepeterisme Member Posts: 68
    A few weeks ago, I replaced the Rancho Shocks on my Trooper at Sears (they were causing damage on my tires). Last weekend, I found the original receipt of the Rancho shocks from 4 Wheel Parts. Since Rancho said they have the life long warranty, I call them. They told to me to call 4 Wheel Parts for the warranty. So I went ahead to can 4 Wheel Parts. After spending 30 minutes on phone, they finally told me I could send the shocks back to them and they will replace them with the new ones.

I think Rancho (and many other auto part manufactories) did research on this: First most people don’t keep the original receipts; second, if you want to return the shocks, you have to first replace them with something else. So I think there are not many people like me who am so suborned. Now my Trooper has 80K miles, I don’t how long the current Monroe shock will last. Maybe I will wait until 150K miles to install the replaced Rancho, or maybe go ahead to sell them at EBay? By the way, the Monroe shocks I got at Sears also have life-long warranty.
  • Options
    Peterisme;
    The same thing goes with rebates. Companies know most people will forget about filing for their rebate. It's interesting that they are making you go through the selling dealer. What if they went out of business in the interim?

Which Monroe's did you go with and how do like the ride? Controlled, too soft, too hard, bouncy? I'm really leaning to a monotube gas shock, but am 'crafting' an email to OME for some recommendations.

I may also see about "cross-referencing" the adjustable monotube MX6 shock from Explorer ProComp but am doubtful of a fit.
  • Options
    wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    One thing that helps is to keep the A/C button on. This really dries the air out. Sometimes I will manually cycle the A/C on and off. If you have the auto climate control (whatever they call it), if you switch to defrost I think the A/C automatically comes on. This may not apply once you get well below freezing, but during the real cool, damp days this seems to help. Setting the temp to 70 or whatever keeps you warm enough will put in enough heat to override the A/C. I know this will probably hurt the fuel economy a little, but not as much drag as using the A/C on a 90+ day.

BTW, we may be getting the 'winter' gas mix here in Memphis now. The past couple of tanks have been a little over 17 mpg while my usual in the spring/summer/fall is a little over 18 in my normal mixed driving.... Goes down at least 1 mpg ever winter with the oxygenated gas.
  • Options
    silverghostsilverghost Member Posts: 154
    The "winter formula" may explain why my mpg recently dropped. My '01 2WD LS has consistently gotten 20mpg on long trips. I just returned to Houston from a 2300 mile trip through Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. Calculated my mileage this a.m. and saw that I got only 18mpg. Bummer!

I filled up yesterday with premium (long story), and today, cold idle was up 200-300 rpm. Temps are still in the 70's here, and idle was normal until the fillup. Interesting.
  • Options
    peterismepeterisme Member Posts: 68
    Hi makaye:
    The shocks I got are Monroe Sensa-Trac. I got them at Sears Auto. They have a promotion of free installation for Monroe Sensa-Trac and Rancho. The final price I paid is $160 before tax. My local mechanic gave me a $300+ quote for them. So it is a bargain.

But I have to admit the Sears Auto Sales people are jerks. First, the guy pretended he didn’t know there was the promotion and wanted to charge me the full price and labor. Then he tried to sell me a set of tires to replace my current ones, which only have 30k miles. I remember their Bridgestone costs about $130. So I told the guy, I could get the same ones at Costco for $90. It is funny that the guys said: “well, I can give you the price $90 if you buy them today”.

After the sale, the sales guy gave me a $5 rebate form and asked me to call an 800 number to fill out a customer satisfactory survey. The guy old me “When they ask you, you just choose 5”. Later I called the number, the survey is like this: please rate your Sears Auto Sales people, 5 for most satisfied, 1 for least satisfied. These sale guys just assume I was an idiots :)
  • Options
    basketballkidbasketballkid Member Posts: 25
    Okay, I'm not very mechanically inclined, so please spare me any pain...I'm having trouble replacing my headlight bulbs. Do you have to push down on the tab on the top of the white plastic cover? Or do you squeeze the thing somehow? Or maybe just pull straight back? Please advise.
  • Options
    suvfan1suvfan1 Member Posts: 1
    I think you're discussing the socket housing. It's pretty tight, but it needs to be pulled OVER the black plastic nob. I used a small (flat) screwdriver to flip it over it just this week. Once it's over the nob it's very easy...just make sure to not forget replacing the white cover piece before installing the new bulb.
  • Options
    Well, last week I went ahead and put Blizzak's on the Trooper - Winter Duelers - and so far am pleased. Two days of snow in the last week and the Trooper feels pretty sure footed. Coming home this evening it was pretty icy and several vehicles slid off around me and no problem. Could see the TOD lights working a bit when starting off. So, so far am happy.

Had Yokohama Geolander AT's and really liked them except for two things. 1. Didn't do well on ice, and 2. They wore out in 25,000 miles. Thought that a bit short. Will likely put on Revo's next spring since everyone so raves about them.
  • Options
    Been thinking about what I may eventually replace the Trooper with in a few years (if I get bored with it). Right now am on my 3rd Trooper and plan on keeping this one till it croaks - or I do.

I know there has been some talk about Trooper engine failures in a couple of year Troopers as well oil burning and the lifter ticking issues. But that is about it, overall. Generally quite reliable. I've never had any problems.

Looking at other boards, most all vehicles have some major problems.
    Nissan Armada - lots of nagging issues, bad brakes, Lemon law buy-backs.
    Honda Pilot and Acura MDX - Transmission recalls and failures.
    Honda CRV - Not for me, but, engine fires? Come on.
    Toyota's - sludging.
    Volkswagen Toureg - lots of gremlins, especially electrical.
    GM Quintuplets - everything that can go wrong.

So, hopefully, Isuzu will bring something nice for 2007. We'll have to wait and see. Wouldn't it be funny if the reliability leader turns out to be the Land Rover LR3!
  • Options
    I have a MDX. The recall was handled by Acura quickly and conveniently. I got a loaner and had my vehicle back in a day, no questions asked. Other than that it runs like a top.

I agree that most vehicles have problems, even major problems. It is really how the dealers/corporation handle them. Isuzu just closed the dealership near me (40 minutes). Fortunately my warranty is up so I won't have to drive 2 hours to get told something is normal or Isuzu won't support it.

I like my Trooper, but I think Isuzu's dealership performance has been poor. That was the 4th dealer I have been to that has closed and only 1 out of 4 was good.
  • Options
    I saw your posts over in the MDX forum.
    I have a 2003 TL-S. No problems with the tranny myself (yet), but I know of a few who have - one with multiple failures. I haven't done the recall yet - will likely do so in a week or so. Not too happy with the idea of an external "oil jet kit" but hope it is an actual fix. I may add a bigger external trans cooler too, since the issue seems to be some overheating.

In terms of a replacement, again hopefully not for years, right now I'd probably go with a used G-Wagen. Not too thrilled with Mercedes, but like the mechanicals on the G series.

I also like the Montero - good 4wd system - but wouldn't get into another situation with a troubled car company and potential for decreasing # of dealers. The local Chevy dealer does warranty work, but for an actual Isuzu dealer, I'd have to travel 150 miles away.

Kind of funny looking at other vehicles. In the last three years it seems manufacturers have added another level of complexity to cars. My 2001 Troooper seems "simple" compared to some of the new vehicles. It's a bit funny on the GM quintuptlets that much of the warranty work is "software updates" - everything from ventilation problems & dash lights, to the radiator cooling fan.
  • Options
    socalstevesocalsteve Member Posts: 34
    I think that's Mitsubishi bank, not Mitsubishi Motors. Related, but not the same. But the rest of the news looks promising!
  • Options
    Isuzu has turned its North American operations around. In the fiscal first half ended on Sept. 30, Isuzu earned ¥2.2 billion in operating profit in North America, or about $19.8 million at the Sept. 30 exchange rate. That's a recovery from a $25.2 million operating loss in the year-ago period.

Interesting that Isuzu made a profit? How many Ascenders did they have to sell? Or maybe it is on overcharging on service :-)

I guess those numbers must be from its Box Truck and Diesel engine sales.
  • Options
    My TOD system seems slower to engage this year. I can spin the rear end out much easier. I have tested it up slick hills and it is definitely working, it just seems slower to egage this year? Maybe it is my new tires effecting traction?
  • Options
    beer4704beer4704 Member Posts: 46
    I'm about to hit 134K. Where are you on the odo these days?

I think a hear a noise coming from AC pulley. It is intermittent and not steady yet. Hopefully I won't have to replace it. Anyone else have to replace the pulley. Can you lube it? Cheers to all!

2000 "S"
  • Options
    ePaterlineePaterline Member Posts: 10
    My wife drives a 2000 Trooper LS which just turned 100 K. I took it for a ride the other day and noticed it had the squeeking sounds I normally associate with a loose belt or bad water pump bearings. The belts had been replaced at 96 K though and so had the water pump; the tension seemed good and there is no evidence of glazing. I had my son rev the engine while I listened with the hood open and was surprised to find the sound was coming from about under the front seats. I went under to take a look and found the noise was coming from what I take to be the transmission or the transfer case. My question is this - is the transmission under the front seats? Its hard to tell what you are looking at since there are all kind of other pipes and skid plates down there. Why would a transmission squeel? I checked the tranny fluid level and it is right at the max line.
  • Options
    Does the 2000 have a dipstick for the transmission? I am not sure you were checking the right fluid level. I believe all 1998+ troopers do not have a dipstick and the only way to check the fluid is by removing the top drain plug and sticking your finger in.
  • Options
    ePaterlineePaterline Member Posts: 10
    You are correct. The 2000 Trooper does not have a dipstick. I was speaking of the ATF reservoir which has a max and min line for proper filling.

Given the number of oil collection spots and drain plugs on a 4WD TOD Trooper how can you tell which is which? You have the engine oil sump, the transfer case, front and rear axle gear cases. There are drain and fill plugs all over heck and back and nothing looks like the pictures in the manual because there are exhaust pipes, skid plates etc.
  • Options
    Is that the brake/hydaulic fluid level? I didn't think that was connected to the transmission? Do you mean the plastic cylinder in the upper right hand corner of the engine bay?
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    There is no way to check the ATF fluid on the 2000 Trooper. It's a sealed system and you have to run it and be under the truck to check it by removing the upper bolt/fill plug.

-mike
  • Options
    Only turning 85k miles, since driving my subarus I've reduced the driving of the trooper lately. Early next year it will be sold to my dad. He loves it! Drives it more than me now.

-mike
  • Options
    Thinking of leasing a 2005 Yukon XL 2500 or

Buying a 2005 Armada.

Any thoughts from my Trooper buddy's out there?

-mike
  • Options
    serranotserranot Member Posts: 113
    Mike - the Armadas have not fared too well on these boards. Brakes and resonance of the roof seem to be the main complaints. Although Consumer Reports is not, in my opinion, a good judge of vehicles, their subscriber survey seems to support the informal comments on this board.

I can't say that I'm real partial to the Yukon either, but in this case it seems to be at least on even footing with the Armada.

Tom
  • Options
    Armada turning circle 41 ft.

Yukon Denali ($50K+) with rear steering turning circle = 38.3 ft.

2005 Auto Show in Detroit will have the next Isuzu SUV.

Maybe worth waiting for 15% better fuel economy or less expensive diesel:

What Edmunds.com Says: The Yukon will appear with a ground-up redesign in the spring of 2006

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/gmc/yukon/100491429/preview.ht- ml?tid=edmunds.n.typemindex.content.num12.2.*

Paison, A friend of mine recently replaced his xterra with a Chevy extra cab pickup with 8 bolt wheels. He figures that since his payment is a little less, it was a free upgrade! I guess all those extra years of payments don't count. He imediately bought BFG TKO tires LT265/75R16LRD because he says they make the truck look like a truck.

Anyway, back to the Armada, my firend and I agree that the Armada would be a great vehicle, but the Chevy was way less money, or at least a lower payment, so he went with Chevy.

Personally, I think the full size wagons or SUVs (Yukon etc..) and the pickups are the best things that GM makes. I think these are the most important product line to GM so they make sure they will be decent.

http://www.gmc.com/yukon/

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?n=157,181&sid=181&a- mp;article=5348

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/nissan/armada/100351269/review.ht- ml

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?n=157,181&sid=181&a- mp;article=6831 http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/allterraintak- o.jsp
  • Options
    I test drove the Titan, very cool. The Armada is cool too, but doesn't have a solid rear axle, the pickup does.

I would stay clear during the first model year. The brake thing is a known issue. The Sequoia is real nice. I test drove one of those years back and it drove like a SMV. These bigger trucks are not as nimble as the trooper, however at 12 MPG I think I wouldn't mind getting a full size truck.

Comparisons offroad, my brother's expedition has oodles of power which makes it feel fairly unstoppable, my trooper can turn around on a tight trail where most vehicles can't.
  • Options
    Yeah the indy rear isn't that big an issue, it still can tow 9100lbs which is a good 25-40% more than I'll be towing so I should be ok with that. In fact it'll ride nicer :) The brake issues have been resolved for '05 so that's cool. I'd never get the 4-wheel steering, heard that the rear tie-rods are prone to break on them.

I'd go for a Duramax Pickup, but I really want the whole thing enclosed.

As much as I'm a fan of Isuzu, at this point I couldn't go out and buy the "new" suv from them for a few reasons...

No V8 likely

No dealers, I used to have 10 within a 1/2hr drive, now there is 2. No matter how good a vehicle is you need dealer support without it, you have to get it at a significant discount to make it worth your while to buy it.

-mike
  • Options
    PS: The other cool thing I found on the Titan was LSD front and Rear! (it may be only an electronic thing but either way, it should be better offroad than a Yukon XL)

-mike
  • Options
    neshnesh Member Posts: 4
    I just put a deposit on a 96' Trooper Limited with leather, AT, 95K miles and most options included. It wasn't my first choice car but seemed to be best value in the SUV range. My previous car got totalled and I had to find something well priced. I paid $7000 for it, taxes and license included. Good deal!?

This morning was the first time I had it in my garage and I noticed a leak on the floor. I'm not sure if it's oil leak as it looks lighter and more watery than engine oil. Could it be transmission fuel or power steering fluid?

I rang the dealer and he is giving me an option to swap the car for others on his lot. One of the cars my wife prefers is Volvo S70 Base Model Sedan 98' manual with 95K miles. I did a little bit of research on the Volvo and the reviews were not that great on this base model.

Does anyone have any experience with these Volvos or/and any suggestions where I should go from here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    Leak can be air conditioner condesation water forward of front passenger seat, or if really oil, and under front of engine passenger side, could be power steering leak at the 90 degree bend in the hose ($85 parts + $85 labor), a known issue on 95 Troopers, but might also apply to 96. Is your power steering reservior low or the steering making noise?

Could be windshield washer bottle leak at the pump if under front fender forward of the passenger side front tire.

Good Luck in whatever you choose to drive.
  • Options
    Maybe if you can wait till the new GM models are advertized the price of the outgoing models will drop significantly.

I agree with the idea that buying a first issue of most anything is risky, so I too would wait a couple years after the new Isuzu models come out before buying. I have less than 60K on my 2001 Trooper and I drive Troopers at least 200K and 10 years, so I am good till 2012 or so with my 2001. I will advise my kids about buying their first cars by then, so I will have increased need to know what's out there beyond just the SUV catagory.

The new breed of Isuzu should be a whole new world, since they will be separate from GM and maybe partner with other companies instead. It will at least be fun to watch what comes out.

I think gasoline prices are above $150 permanently now and may stay near where they are aroung $185 near me, so I am watching for big improvements in MPG for a communting car that's big enough to be safe.
  • Options
    neshnesh Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply Boxtrooper, it is very appreciated. I contacted the dealer yesterday and told him about the leak. He said I should bring it back after Xmas and he will take it to the mechanic to check it out. I really don't want to be stuck with a leaking car for that long and don't want to aggravate the situation further.

BTW, dealer was willing to swap the car after Xmas for something else. I told him Volvo is not an option for me. Does anyone know if I am stuck with this dealer for good, or do I have the right to ask for my money back? That way I can purchase another car this weekend. Your thoughts?
  • Options
    If you don't want it, take it back and get your money on Saturday/Monday. The dealer will give you a hard time either way, but take it back Monday, drop it off and tell him you want your money back. Have another ride available to take you home and be firm.

Otherwise...let him fix the leak and keep it.
  • Options
    kob1kob1 Member Posts: 1
    How do I put the headlight assembly on my 2001 Trooper back into place after I've unscrewed it and taken it out?
  • Options
    dmuzykadmuzyka Member Posts: 31
    Nesh - smart move on avoiding the Volvo...we had a '98 for 5 years...besides expensive dealer maintenance visits, at barely 70k it needed an A/C system and a complete ABS system. About $6k worth of work. We traded it in on a Toyota Highlander 4 cyl (which we love...) and haven't looked back. Apparently the FWD Volvos suck. I wish we had paid attention to the old 850 reviews to see this before we bought, because the S90 (RWD, more reliable) wasn't much more money. That said, our Volvo did drive like a tank (in a good sense - very solid). Too bad it vacillated to the point of being untrustworthy.
  • Options
    Did you take the bulb out or the whole lens?
  • Options
    costello1costello1 Member Posts: 60
    The TOD light on my 2002 trooper is blinking when it it not in the 4wd mode. It will blink for a few minutes and then the red "check" light comes on. When I push the switch to put into auto it stops. I have two questions concerning this. What causes the blinking when I am in 2 wd ?? Is it ok to drive around in the auto mode ?? A couple of months ago the same thing happened but stopped after a few days , can I expect the same here??? Thanks for any info!!
  • Options
    It is OK to drive around in Auto mode. Perhaps it isn't disengaging and that is why it is blinking when off? Did you try to disconnect the battery yet?
  • Options
    costello1costello1 Member Posts: 60
    What would disconncting the battery do?? Is gas milage any worse running in auto mode?? I will try the battery thing when the temp gets above 30 degrees on tuesday!!
  • Options
    It clears the computer and errors.