Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Technical Service Bulletins

Comments

• anne4anne4 Posts: 35
    Other than recalls for safety issues (NHTSA), what are internet sources for TSBs?
  • gusgus Posts: 254
    You might try here:

http://www.alldata.com

It looks like they have Service Bulletins available for consumers. If you check the site out, please be sure to return to tell us what you think!
  • The 4matic light just stays on and we have lost 4 wheel drive. Problem and cost. I forgot to mention that this is a 1990 Mercedes 300te. It has about 105,000 miles.
  • anne4anne4 Posts: 35
    I cruised around the Alldata site. Looks pretty good. I have a 99 Honda Odyssey and was curious to see if any TSBs have been posted for it yet. Unfortunately, Alldata doesn't show any info for 99s yet. I'll definitely check back to see if they do later on.

Thanks for the tip!
    Anne, you may be waiting a while. Manufacturers are never too quick to release their TSBs to an organization that is not strictly related to their vehicles (that is, dealerships).

I wish you luck, though!
  • Hello, I have 1978 Chevy Truck. It is a farm truck. It is a camper special. IT has two batteries. We really won't ever use the other battery. I think that the battery that is called the house battery is most likey not good. Is it bad for the Alternator to have the second battery? I would like to take the battery out, but I don't know if I can. Maybe someone can give me some info. Thanks
  • The alldata site doesn't seem to have info for TSB's for Toyota. Any other known sites that might have this?
  • what does the *YC mean after the posted technical service bulletin?
  • scannerscanner Posts: 295
    I heard you can get TSB's at the library?
  • hondas are having alot of problems with there car so try to avoid them
  • just received recall on 98 Neon concerning faulty spot welds. May result in fuel leakage in rear end accident. FYI
    san147, that seems like a pretty general statement. Is there something particular that makes you say/think that?
  • Am interested in success of anyone getting help after factory warranty has expired for air bags, head gasket, and transaxle repair for 1992 Lincoln continental, Please e-mail FBrown9@aol.com
  • I own a 97 GMC Sierra, 5.0 automatic, extended cab truck. It has 12000 miles on it. It has a mysterous clunking sound coming from the floorboard of firewall when I start out and sometimes when I slow down. My dealer says they do not know how to fix it and that every 97 model does it. They insist that nothing is wrong. I paid 26000 dollars for a vehicle which clunks. I have owned 2500 clunkers which didn't clunk. Does anyone have a fix for this and does anyone know why GMC can't and shouldn't fix it? Help?
  • I have a Saturn with about 78000 miles and a cracked engine head (due to/ or because of a sudden engine overheat). I know this is a little high in the mileage dept. but does anyone think that this should happen to a car built in the 90's. I'd really like some opinions before I declare war on Saturn.
    Yes, it happens to cars built in the '90s. Heads warp, crack, seep, etc., especially if they're overheated. Some things to consider before you wage war: The sudden overheat, was it something that could've been prevented by regular maintenance? Do you regularly maintain your car? Do you have service records? Are there notes warning you of a possible problem with the car's cooling system? If you answered "yes" to the last question, is it a problem that may have caused the overheating, or a problem that you decided to do nothing about?

I'm not trying to use "victim blame" techniques here, I'm just trying to illustrate how many variables are in play. When you go to Saturn, you'll have to make a good case. Unless they've had a rash of cracked heads, it's unlikely that they'll do anything for you unless you're still under warranty, or just out of warranty (in which case they may "goodwill" the job--if you've been a regular customer).
  • Gus, is it a possibility that running low octane in a car that requires high octane could cause such a severe problem in the long run?
    fireman, check here:

http://www.edmunds.com/edweb/recalls.html

This site may put you on the right track, as far as voicing a complaint goes.
  • mrboomrboo Posts: 5
    (san147) WHAT !!!!!!!! the only vehicle you could be talking about is the HONDA PASSPORT, which is really an Isuzu Rodeo. I can't believe HONDA put their name on this rag !!
  • mrboomrboo Posts: 5
    (fireman) NEONs have been rated as dead last in reliability for the last few years. Overall Chrysler is building vehicles that just don't last. Come on folks'if ya want no problems and long term reliability ya gotta buy Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc. Cya
    Those all sound good, with the exception of nissan. You are more likely to have long-term reliability problems with a nissan than you are with a toyota or a honda.
  • arazaraz Posts: 27
    Anyone out there that has access to GMC tech service bulletins? Still lookin' for one or two for 1997.
  • rrosa01rrosa01 Posts: 2
    I just found on the web some Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) for my Pontiac which is no longer covered by the manufacture's warranty (older than 3 years). Am I entitled to have this work performed free of charge by the dealer?
  • guitarzanguitarzan Posts: 638
    I don't think there is an easy answer. If it is safety related, I'd say it is a sure thing. If not, you may have to do much yelling and screaming to get the work done. Start by asking nicely. What issues are you dealing with here?
  • rrosa01rrosa01 Posts: 2
    Nothing major, car pulling to left or right and knock noise from engine under certain conditions.
  • guitarzanguitarzan Posts: 638
    You found TSB's? There are flaws producing this?

The reason I ask: These can be caused by many common reasons. What octane do you use, and what is recommended? How long since a tire rotation and alignment?
  • meemeemeemee Posts: 8
    I'm looking for info on 99 Toyota Avalons.
    Handleing-ride-TIRES
    Where to find 99 service bulletins-I can find 98 and back on-line but not new ? Anybody know?
    Is there a specific problem that you're looking for help with?
  • meemeemeemee Posts: 8
    General tires needed replaced after 7600 miles. Toyota says tires defective-I suspect car is at fault-(alignment possibly)