Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RL

Comments

• jjacurajjacura Posts: 808
    Bodble2....That's right he left Green Bay and eventually played in the Canadian League...thanks for the reminder. About that time I was driving my first Honda Accord (An '84) since then I never left Honda cars. :-)
  • jmatthejmatthe Posts: 51
    George sorry for the delay. haven't been on the website in awhile...
    In case you haven't figured it out yet...xmradio.com...click "listen now" at the top...set up an account with your radio id and you are good to go! How is the healing coming?
  • palaltpalalt Posts: 25
    Most comments I'm reading relate to the new 2005 RL. I have a question of those who might have experience with a 2003 RL. I've been looking for a 2nd car to add to the family. I found a beautiful 2003 RL that already has 67k on it. This appears to be a wonderful car, spotless inside and out and obviously cared for. I feel the car is incredibly cheap at only $17000 but I'm wondering what I should be aware of as to potential problems that might develop on this high mileage vehicle. While actually looking for a late model Bonneville SSEI, this RL has really impressed me. I guess I'm looking for a vote of confidence that a high mileage RL is a better choice over a low mileage 2003 SSEI for basically the same money. I appreciate the opportunity to obtain current owner insight via this website.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,872
    At 67K miles, that RL is just getting broken in... Start looking for problems around 150K if you are unlucky.... maybe 180K, otherwise...

Seriously, that would be a much better choice than a 20K-30K Bonneville... even at the same money...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• acuraphileacuraphile Posts: 131
    jmatthe:

Thanks, I'm coming along slowly. I graduated from a walker to a cane. Not as friendly as those four legs, but more indicative of my progress.

I haven't been on the website for a while, either. Thanks for the XM instructions. I'll get right on it.

Many thanks for your interest.

Regards,

George
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Glad to hear you are progressing, George. Hang in there and keep us posted.
  • pvspvs Posts: 9
    Speaking of the phones.
    I have decided to give Verizon a chance before switching to Cingular. I got the Motorola 710 and paired it with the car. No issues at all. And it works well.
    BTW it does show the battery level on car's display
    I think I'll keep it
    That is good news. The Verizon Motorola 710 owners in past months were having problems with it's bluetooth function with the RL. Our friend Acuraphile was having problems with his and I don't believe he ever mentioned getting it resolved. Anyway good luck, you may have an updated 710. Also Verizon's service is reputed to be great.
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Posts: 292
    Does anyone have the owners manual in a PDF file? If so - how did you get it?
    Yes, I got the latest software patch installed on the phone. I checked on that by comparing the software version on the phone with the Verizon's web site.
    Works great in terms of the sound quality and RL shows signal strength, battery capacity and the phone number
  • dibdib Posts: 9
    When you say the RL shows the phone #, does that mean (with caller ID enabled) it shows the incoming phone number or does it just show the number that you have dialed?

DIB
    it shows both
  • aclcaclc Posts: 20
    jdh,
    My wife had the Toyota nav system in her Land Cruiser and presently has it in her Toyota Sienna. The 2005 RL nav system is far superior to Toyota's. Toyota needs to work on there voice recognition...Her 2003 Land Cruiser had poor voice recognition. I impress my wife all the time with the RL's voice recognition for climate control, audio system control along with nav controls.
    JJacura:

Sorry if i misled you into thinking that I had bought the V710 - I've just been waiting patiently for some assurance that it has no bugs.

I read the recent posts, which were encouraging. However, I called Acura today and they said that the V710 still can't pass their engineers' tests, and that calls were being dropped, among other things. It's possible that they're just stuck in that groove and haven't kept tabs on the situation. I would love to buy the 710 and have been assured by the Verizon store in Manhasset, Long Island that every 710 in stock has the patch. But, is Acura's criticism justified? Are there any recent 710 buyers here that have had difficulty? I've read nothing but plaudits recently.

My leg brace was given 45 degrees of flexion today, with the promise of 90 degrees on June 3rd, my next surgeon's visit. I haven't driven my RL in five weeks! I look out the window and lick my chops! -;)

Warm Regards,

George
    George,

Have Acura tell you the version of the V710 software they are using. I bet it isn't latest

My phone does not drop calls and everything works as advertised. By the way, why don't you try it and return if you don't like it
  • ram4ram4 Posts: 2
    i have narrowed down my choice to these two cars. like the nav in rl but the rear camera in the lexus. the acura lease is about 725 - 750 for 4 years and the lexus is around 800. any thoughts have others compared the two.is the acura as much fun. the lexus name and reliability and the service may be a plus. any suggestions welcome
    r2d2
  • rajabhatrajabhat Posts: 15
    Ram4:
    As regards RL vs. GS: how often do you put your car in reverse and would actually ***need*** the rear camera? Very rarely. I love my 2005 RL but admit the ride is a little tight, just a little choppy...I'm used to it now, have found I get precise handling as a payback. I've heard the GS does not ride too cushy either. Main thing is that XM Satellite radio is totally integrated into the RL (you can give a voice command XM channel one thirty three for instance) whereas GS makes it an add-on and I wonder whether the radio info shows on the big nav screen like in the RL. List price for an AWD GS with Satellite is probably a few thousand more than the RL.
    Raja
    George, Good to hear from you. I was away for 3 days, a serious scare, which turned out to be undiagnosed though I had a huge barage of tests at our regional medical college hospital which is nearby. The symptons pointed toward a stroke but every test proved negative and normal so I am back to resuming my lifestyle which is basically pretty bland (No smoking, drinking, or chasing women :D ) and also back to driving the RL which shouldn't do any damage except spoil me with all those creature comforts. I can understand how you would be chomping at the bit by now to crawl into that plush leather #1 seat mode, turn on the XM radio to "Franks Place" and cruise around town with no particular place to go. Take care. JJ
    jjacura:

(No smoking, drinking, or chasing women )

Glad that your tests proved negative. However, chasing women is considered aerobic and should be encouraged, according to JAMA -;)

Regards,
    George
    I understand George, but if I thought about it seriously, it would be far more dangerous to my health and way too risky according to K.A.R.E.N. (38 year veteran of Domestic Watchdogging! :cry:)
    To Your Good Health,
    JJ