Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    vip2009vip2009 Member Posts: 2
    Bought above vehicle for $27,300.00 (Drive out price) in Atlanta,GA. Std equipment + sunroof visor + Mudguards + paint protector. 2.9% financing for 36 months. Is this a good deal?? Surprised that it does not include side moulding. Dealer asking extra $250/- for it. Debating about buying extended warranty...any suggestions/input about side moulding and warranty are welcome.
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I have sent the Arrowhead info to you. With regards to your deal people here can't evaluate an OTD price since every area's OTD means something else. You need to provide the selling price. If you are getting quoted around $1500 under invoice you are getting a good offer. Watch the dealer add-ons though. The Phoenix dealers love to throw on a bunch of worthless cr*p.

Living in the Phoenix area why in the world would you want to spend all of that extra money on Nav?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    jay137jay137 Member Posts: 17
    This great site if you don't know anything. See how customers overpay for Accords.
    I'm of the opinion that the entries on here are by salesman who post because they have no customers. They have nothing but time on their hands. If these numbers were correct I could see how the sales people make over $100,000 a year.
  • Options
    thekashthekash Member Posts: 3
    picked up the 09 Accord coupe EX manual from landmark for 19,275+tax (MD 6%) +destination+appearance pkg+registration paperwork etc for 22480... I'm wondering if this was a fair deal? the price seemed great! but the total i'm a little off on... there was a 500-something appearance package that they wouldn't budge on! even after 3hrs of negotiating...

Loving the car though! handles and feels great!

pay too much though?
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    There is a dealer in Virginia where you could have gone to, but it is too late now, sorry.

You will always regret paying about $500 more than you needed to, but you would have had to drive a hundred miles to pick it up.
  • Options
    Such an insightful post, thanks for participating. Its post like yours that make this forum a rich rewarding experience.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    jwboothjwbooth Member Posts: 27
    Hi kooda,

Please post the sale price of the car, without the TTL.
    This will provide a means of comparison for me, as the TTL varies.

I was just quoted by an internet department in NV, for the same car, $25,215 not counting TTL - sale price for car only (including destination charge, NOT including Sales Tax, Title Fee, Documentation (Dealer) Fee, Vehicle Registration).

Also included is one of the ripoff "extras" packages, which I told them I wouldn't pay extra for so they're including it (which they should).
    It appears that this consists of - I think - Window Tint, Door Edge Guard, Splash Guard, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, External Appearance Protection), for which they try to rip off the customer for an extra $1600.

In general, it would be great if people would post the vehicle sales price, along with (if they wish) the out the door price which perhaps is helpful to people in the same community or state.
  • Options
    Hi vip2009,

Can you post the vehicle sale price, NOT including TTL, so that I can compare.

For the sedan version of that car, but WITH Nav, I was quoted 27,172. This is vehicle sale price only, NOT including TTL. NOT including Pro Pack extras.

I don't know what the general price difference is for the same model but adding Nav.

(I posted above to kooda re: a 4 cylinder - I received quotes for both the 4 and the 6 cylinder, both Sedans with Nav).
  • Options
    I was quoted 27,172 for the Sedan of the same car with Nav and with the pro pack - see my post above to kooda for details.

I don't know what the price difference is in general for the Sedan and Coupe versions.
  • Options
    vip2009vip2009 Member Posts: 2
    Hello jwbooth:

Thanks for the reply. I paid $25,300 for V6 EX-L with visor, splashguards and paint protection + TTL
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    We've always posted "everything" in Edmunds for the last 8 or so years. Every so often some folks come in and want "only this or only that". Just post "everything" like always and use the figures that you need...period. These forums have so many participants and just because some want things a certain way, others might not.

IF IT AIN"T BROKE, DON"T TRY TO FIX IT!

The Sandman :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    falashanfalashan Member Posts: 22
    Yesterday I picked up a Red/Black EX-L V6 Coupe with 6 speed and Navi for $26,873 from Autofair Honda in Manchester, NH.

The entire transaction was a pleasure, no high pressure at all and done in under 2 hours.

I would have preferred a Red/Tan, but the only one I was able to find is at Piazza Honda in Limerick, PA.

I offered them $25,500 for it but they refused to budge from $27,000 for a vehicle without Navi that they have had in stock since April.

So for $127 less I'll take a black interior and Navi!

Today I plan to order the 72month/120K $0 deductible Honda Care warranty from Saccucci Honda in Middletown, RI for $840, not a bad buy at 7/10th of a cent per mile of coverage.
  • Options
    jalilijalili Member Posts: 16
    just got an email from Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA that this car is on sale for $23,988 +ttl. Seems like a pretty good deal, anybody seen anything lower?
  • Options
    mcguirehgmcguirehg Member Posts: 5
    Looking for prices of accord exl v6 w/nav-new York area willing to travel or ship car

revceived price of $27,500 with 0 % finace -no trade-Do you think I can find a better deal?
  • Options
    player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    I am looking to buy an accord coupe EX automatic I4. got quoted $21,200 + TTL + dealer installed options but they dont have the color combination i want. the other place will sell for $21,300 + TTL and they have the color combination i want with no options.
    i am at about $1800 below invoice. i could wait until the end of the month and maybe get a couple hundred dollars less but i might not get the color combination i want and i dont think its really worth buying something just for the price when it is not as you wanted it.
    here in houston it is very difficult to get the lower prices trust me.
    it would also be good for people to put what their APR was. Some people might get amazing sell price but a not so good APR . remember dealers tend to do that a lot and at the end the deal doesnt turn out to be that good.
  • Options
    falashan - is the $26,873 the price of the vehicle only, not including TTL?
    If not, what was the vehicle price?
  • Options
    $26,873 was the price for the vehicle only. New Hampshire does not have any sales tax.

I registered the vehicle in Massachusetts and paid 5% ($1,343.65) sales tax and $75 for Title.
  • Options
    ajmmajmm Member Posts: 3
    Looking to close a lease deal tomorrow. Can anyone please tell me if I have a good deal or if I need to negotiate some more?

2009 Accord LX Sedan
    Automatic
    36 month lease, 12,000 miles/year
    Sale price: $18,559
    Monthly payment: $271.15 (all TTL, etc. rolled into this payment)
    Due at signing: $0
    edited to add:
    Residual: $13,201.25
    Money Factor: 0.00207

Thank you!
  • Options
    pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    REF: 23613
    Here in OH a dealer has a zero o-t-d offer of 247 + tax for the LX sedan a/t

http://honda.vossauto.com/Specials-New.aspx#04
  • Options
    ihearthondaihearthonda Member Posts: 1
    I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and I was quoted $23,136 on an Accord Ex-L 4 cyc auto. The price includes destination and delivery. Is that a good price? Or should i negotiate further?
  • Options
    walker2009walker2009 Member Posts: 2
    What do you guys think of the price below? Honda dealer in California.

$21,487 +TTL
    Automatic transmission
    price includes floor mats, trunk tray, moonroof visor, cargo net, windows tint.
  • Options
    walker2009walker2009 Member Posts: 2
    You need to negotiate more, contact more dealers. Trust me you will get a much lower price. $23136 is way too high with this price you should get a bunch of add-ons for FREE. For my quote I contacted 6 different dealers, all through email. Good Luck.
  • Options
    I received the following price from a dealer:

car $25,910.08
    doc fee 250.00
    title tem reg 26.50

total 26,186.50 (before taxes)

I think this is still too high...I was reading on this site that the invoice of this car is $26,014. What are you thoughts?? I was reading someone picked this car up for $23,800 before extras? Does this seam reasonable
    ? Dan
  • Options
    The Internet manager says

cannot do $23,500 even on a 4CYL EXL Accord
    My invoice cost shows $28,952
    Where are you getting your invoice cost from?

If I am not mistaken you want an Accord V6 EXL with Navigation
    My price includes destination
    MSRP: $31,575
    Invoice: $28,952
    Quote: $26,952

Can someone confirm an invoice price of this car at $26,014 for me? This dealer says its $28,952? Am I missing something?
  • Options
    jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    Where are you getting your invoice price from? For the 4 cyl EXL w/Nav, the invoice is $26,593, higher than what you are stating for the V6 version. Edmunds shows the invoice for EXL V6 w/nav at $28,672. Maybe you are missing something...
  • Options
    buckrogersocirbuckrogersocir Member Posts: 16
    Hello All - these posts have been helpful to get an idea on prices! Thought I'd help with a deal we worked last night in So. Calif.
    Accord (4 dr/sedan) Ex-L with navigation and a spoiler. We were given a price of $26,000.00 plus T&L (8.5% + $380.00 license fee). Not sure on the license fee in California as it just went up last month - $380.00 is HIGH.
    This car had NO dealer extras. Also when in finance, there was an offer of an extended warranty (bumper to bumper) 7 years or 100,000.00 miles for an additional $1,200.00. Thought this warranty was good - like prepaying for maintenance?? But still not sure. With all the electrical stuff thought a warranty would be good - but never bought an extended warranty on a brand new car! So, was wondering if the car is good enough without the additonal $1,200.00 - ?? Any feedback would be wonderful! We will probably make a decision by tonight. Dealer plans to phone us at 10am. Thanks for all the post to help make our decision.
  • Options
    jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    I personally wouldn't do the extended warranty, but I don't keep my cars longer than 3-4 years. If you plan on driving the car forever until the wheels fall off, it might be worth the peace of mind to get it. I would shop around on the web for a better deal - you can buy it from any Honda dealer around the country. If you're buying w/auto 5-speed, then the price seems a fairly good deal. Hopefully others will check in and offer advice on the price. Good luck to you! :shades:
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip on purchasing the warranty at any dealer. This is great to know! The V6 sedan is automatic transmission. I thought the v6 only came in auto? The 4cyl comes with manual 5speed.
  • Options
    did that include navigation on your quote of $25,300 ?
  • Options
    Dan,
    Your price of $26,1000.00 looks good - I was given a price for an Accord EX-L V6 sedan with Navigation for $26,000.00. plus T (8.75%) & L ($380.00 CA.) (cash purchase no finance involved) but when I got to the dealer they added on a couple more hundred dollars - probably the items you listed in your post. If you can get the car for around $26,100.00 that is good!
    We are in So. Calif - where are you? Good luck in your hunt. Also, have them toss in a couple free oil changes. We also had this tossed in to our deal.
  • Options
    I just bought a 72 Month 120,000 Honda Care Warranty from http://www.myhondawarranty.com/ for $840.00

I drive 30,000 miles a year and don't want to pay for repairs except for wear items.

There are shorter months/miles available.

For less than 7/10 of a mile I am covered.

You do not need to purchase the warranty when and/or where you bought your car.
  • Options
    accordguy0325accordguy0325 Member Posts: 169
    It's very likely that you'll never need to use the extended warranty, but for 120,000 miles of peace of mind, $ 840.00 doesn't seem bad at all.
  • Options
    donaldoadamsdonaldoadams Member Posts: 6
    I was offered this deal on Saturday (Chicago Area)

Thoughts....?

2009 Accord EX L Sedan.....Green w.Black leather
    Automatic
    36 month lease, 15,000 miles/year
    Sales price: $22,799.00
    Down payment $2180.00 which overs Tax, ttile, Doc, 1st payment) ($1711.43 Tax +$150 plates + $319 st payment)
    RV 55%
    Residual: $14,891
    Money Factor: 0.00207
    Monthly payment: $319

I am thinking they should knock about $400 more off of the vehicle price.
  • Options
    pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    REF: 23629
    Here in OH a dealer has several zero o-t-d offers. check the link
    EX 281; EX V6 359
    EX-L would be somewhere in between
    all are + tax but include fees
    http://honda.vossauto.com/Specials-New.aspx#04
  • Options
    ilovecarilovecar Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I am planning to buy a Honda Accord LX but do not know what deal is reasonable. If you can share the deals you know of, it would be greatly helpful! What do you think the offer of 19,700 drive out price in Georgia?
  • Options
    kevinharriskevinharris Member Posts: 5
    I got a deal in NewJersey for Accord LX-P (auto) for
    $18,890 + Tax + dest ($670) + doc ($200) + License ( $150).

Not sure what tax rate you have in Georgia. I assume you
    are looking for an LX and not LX-P. I think the two deals
    are quite similar. Just to let every one know what i got
  • Options
    robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    Seems like the same deal offered to me in South Fla except no 1700 tax up front. The state of ILL really clips you on the taxes. You can always wit until the last week of the month to see if they will drop the price or through in some extra. I am always patient.

Good Luck
    Rob
  • Options
    palciparumpalciparum Member Posts: 29
    Was given a quote of 21,500 (including all fees/destination/delivery etc basically excluding salex tax only) I was negotiating then he added 300 more for registration. So I left

Was it a good deal?!!
  • Options
    johnnyducatijohnnyducati Member Posts: 1
    I know this is a couple months old, but I got a quote for an LX in Nor Cal for $18,721. I'm now interested in upgrading to an LX-P for about $1,000 more. That would be around $19,720 + T&L.
  • Options
    raj101raj101 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Kevin,
    This seems like a good deal. Would you be so kind to share the dealer name?
    Thanks
  • Options
    clc4192clc4192 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the Los Angeles area where tax is 9.25%

I've been shopping around the area at a couple of Honda dealers. The prices I've been quoted for the $25,075 sticker price 2009 Accord EX is around $23,500 OTD if they don't pull any last minute games.

I still think that's pretty steep though. What's your opinons?

Or should I wait til July 4th weekend since it's around the corner? I don't think there are going to be any deals that are much better than this. Holiday sales are overrated. Memorial Day weekend didn't have any specials, that's for sure. I just want to beat the tax increase on the 1st to 9.75%.
  • Options
    OTD is a worthless number for comparison sakes since every state will have a different OTD. I have not heard to the contrary that there is still $1500 dealer cash available on an Accord, so you should be looking at a selling price of about $21,300 or $1,500 under invoice
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    I think that's a great deal. I wouldn't sweat the $300, they have to pay the salesman $100 for his time.
  • Options
    clc4192clc4192 Member Posts: 2
    I believe the sale price is around $20,700 from $25,075 MSRP. The OTD was just something we talked about, which came out to be about $23,500.

The only thing is, I heard this dealership is shady, as in they over charge you for service department stuff and sometimes lie about the cars they have available(bait and switch) to get you to go down there. But I have been there and they have plenty of the car I want in stock. So if the price is right, does it really matter?
  • Options
    Who cares about their service department, you don't have to use them. They only thing I ever use a dealer service department for is warranty (free to me) work. In the case of warranty work you are free to use any Honda dealer.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    nh3838nh3838 Member Posts: 2
    How's the Accord's Nav system? Is it worth the extra money? I also got an online quote from a dealer for $25,847.44 OTD for an EX-L NAV 4 CYL Auto. Is this a decent price? Do you think I can do better?
  • Options
    redd390redd390 Member Posts: 1
    hi,im new to this site. im lookin to buy a honda accord,not sure of the make and model . first time buying a car any suggestion. im tryin to spend 15,000 cash. im lookin in the pa area.
  • Options
    koodakooda Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I just bought a 2009 Accord EXL w/Nav last week. There was a minor scratch and some blemishes/bubble in the tint. The dealer repainted the scratch but sometime I can see a spot there if I watch it closely. Also they could not fix the blemishes in the tint.

This was my first new car buying experience and I was expecting a new shining spotless car but this was just the opposite. Or may be I am too picky. Can I ask the dealer to give me another new car if they can not fix the tint problem or ask them to reduce the price (how much)?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    koodakooda Member Posts: 4
    Hi jwbooth,

I ended up buying a Accord EXL V6 w/Navigation (Sedan). The sale price was $29,214 which includes splash guard, door edge guard, DigiShield, Window Tint, Alarm, Auto Butler for 3 yrs, 8yrs/100K bumber to bumber warranty. After including the taxes + fees the final OTD came out $31850.
    Also dealer included dashboard mat + 3 oil changes for no charge.

Best regards
  • Options
    why don't you have them pull the tint off and re-tint it?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD