Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Altima Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    vu2000vu2000 Member Posts: 58
    I have a 98 Altima GXE automatic with 83K miles. The service engine soon light just started coming on 3 weeks ago. This car was just inspected and passed emission test with flying colors. The guy at the DMV said his computer could not make heads or tail of the car's computer error code. This service engine soon light would go off after I filled up with gas(the car, not me) and reappear after the gas rank is down to 70% full. I had changed the fuel filter and new belts 11 months ago, also new platinum tipped spark plugs 2 years ago. Other than this annoying light, the car is running perfectly fine. Does anyone have any suggestion to what is going on with the car. Thanks.
  • Options
    alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    Post the trouble code. Probably an evaporative emission control code.
  • Options
    vixpixvixpix Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1998 Nissan Altima Sedan GSE with 76,000 miles on it. Recently, I have had some problems filling up my gas tank. I fill it up for like 4/5 bucks and it stops, sometimes some gas even comes out from the intake, it's scary. I've had the purge valve, filler tubes, and gas tank replaced, costing nearly $1,000 and the problem came back. What can I do? I'd hate to take it back to the mechanic and spend more money.
  • Options
    scottdudescottdude Member Posts: 177
    I dropped by Altimas.net and read about some 02 & 03 owners who have had some major Altima problems, like the engine stalling while driving. There was also a recall for something that could cause a fire!

This concerns me so I was just wondering if the Alt owners here at Edmunds think these are just a few isolated cases, or if Nissan uses inferior parts and manufacturing methods? Do you think the last group of 03's and the 04's will be better choices?
  • Options
    whampa65whampa65 Member Posts: 36
    I've had my '03 Altima for almost a year now and I can give you an update on it. The only problem I've experienced with my car is a slight vibration in the steering wheel. Overall, this car has been trouble free. The power this car has for a 4 cylinder is amazing and I'm getting 27 mpg in mixed driving. This is just my two cents. I know a friend of mine at work who has an '02 Altima and he hasn't experienced any problems with his car either.
  • Options
    ultimaultima Member Posts: 96
    I'm on Altimas.net almost daily... out of over 128,000 posts, I'm sure you're going to find individuals with problems -- as I'm sure you'll find folks who've had problems with the Camry, Accord, Mazda 6, etc. Most folks on Altimas.net -- myself included -- absolutely LOVE our cars.

Example: If you check out SafetyAlerts.com you'll find recalls on both the 2003 Accord and Altima, but this does not mean either car is bad overall.

I've had my Altima since 2002 and not had even one problem and I'm sure there are plenty of Accord owners who've also not had any problems.

Once again... Go test-drive, negotiate, etc. an Altima, Accord, Camry, Mazda 6, Passat, etc. That will better help you make your decision.

(:-D
  • Options
    aldan93aldan93 Member Posts: 202
    Yes it could be easy, the only problem is the underside clamp/hose the Hose seems to glue itself to the filter!!! you will have to pull very hard!!! spray some pentrating oil on it!

Also anyone no where I could find a good deal on a AC compressor for 97 altima? used is ok.
  • Options
    Does Florida have a "Lemon Law" ???

In California, if you have to take it back for the same reason 3 times (I think), I believe they have to swap the car.

Check into it and post the outcome...
  • Options
    gsemikegsemike Member Posts: 2,286
    I've only had mine for 3 1/2 months, so I can't speak authoritatively, but so far so good after 2750 miles.

Starts and run beautifully. Plenty of get up and go. Even with the four, it's a great highway car. You get it up to 90 and it just wants to keep running.

I haven't had any mechanical problems and I haven't experienced the vibration problem that whampa has.

I haven't realized the gas mileage some others have ubt unfortunatley I only average aobut 15 mph driving mostly in Queens, NY. Under these conditions, I only get about 15 mpg. When I've gotten out of the city, the mileage climbs toward the expected numbers (20/29 I believe). Besides that, I have one interior panel that shows some flex. I'll have them look at it when I bring it in for the 1st oil change.
  • Options
    If you have a "Lemon Law", then they don't have a choice -- i.e., it's the law... No?

FYI... I've had my Altima since March 2002 -- not one problem... zero, zilch, nada!!!

(:-D
  • Options
    azggjonesazggjones Member Posts: 1
    Was cleaning my 03 Altima yesterday and noticed for the first time that the plastic panel on the B-Pillar is scuffed by the seat belt hitting it repeated times. Has anyone experienced this and have you been able to fix it? First car that I have owned and had this happen.

Purchased the car in Feb 03 and have had 10,000 trouble free miles. Besides the sub par plastic, I love this car.
  • Options
    according2meaccording2me Member Posts: 236
    My sons GXE, w/184K miles, recently had a failure and instead of repairing such a high mileage unit we opted to have a low mileage(43K) unit from a recycle yard installed. $350 for the tranny and $250 for the tech to install it. He's back on the road again and so far all is well. Looks like he might reach 200K and beyond now.
  • Options
    zueslewiszueslewis Member Posts: 2,353
    "If you have a "Lemon Law", then they don't have a choice -- i.e., it's the law... No?"

I wish it was that easy - it's not. The manufacturer will readily violate the law (they do it every day) and hold off dealing with you until they're sued, in all but the worst cases.
  • Options
    buggywhipbuggywhip Member Posts: 188
    Generally, a lemon law only applies if you bring the car in multiple times for the same defect. However, the defect must be such that it INCAPACITATES the car and makes it undriveable. (ie, massive electrical failure, etc.). A faulty a/c does not qualify.
  • Options
    but your facts aren't altogether correct.

You can have failures in many areas, although not repeated in one area, and still have a lemon law or breach of warranty case.

There's no stipulation that a problem make the car undrivable at all. It merely requires a substantial impairment of use, safety or value (one, not all). Bad paint on a new car is a substantial impairment of value, although you'd only need one service visit to confirm the problem. That type of situation easily qualifies for a lemon law repurchase - I see it every day.

A faulty a/c system, especially in a hot climate like Florida (or South Texas, where I'm from) is definitely a substantial issue that affects use (who could drive a car with no air, especially a new car you bought WITH air, in 100 degree heat - especially older folks, people with health issues, etc?). The value is impaired because of the cost to repair, plus the vehicle now has a history of a/c failures - it would be passed over at auction or by a disclosed consumer, in favor of cars without a history of a/c problems.

Safety is a critcal factor with a/c systems in hot climates, for the same reasons as listed above.
  • Options
    sidawonysidawony Member Posts: 1
    using up a quart between oil changes is normal as per the dealer. I had the same problem and it was explained to me as follows. it is normal for the engine to loose a1/2 to a quart of oil between oil changes. if you need to check the oil, park on level ground and turn off engine and wait a good 20 min. Due to the engine design it takes a while for the oil to drip back into the pan.
  • Options
    clairebergclaireberg Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone else had a problem with the seatbelt not retracting during an accident which would prevent the driver from going into the steering wheel and sustainin a very painful injury? My airbag did not deploy since I was hit on the passenger side and Right front. I have notified Nissan and they are investigating. Meanwhile, I have a painful injury which will take about 12 weeks to heal according to the Doctor.
    Claireberg
  • Options
    I know what it is! Its your Oxygen Sensor(S), which one? Maybe the rear one, back of the cat, the other one is just out the the exhaust mani. behind the radiator. I'm almost 80% sure this is the problem!! The rear ones go first, but are only suppose to last 50-60k, so if your car has 90k plus like my 97 Altima, this a maint. item that should be replaced every 50-60k so it doesn't happen! Sounds like the problem!!! Good Luck! They around $50 plus, each, and are easy to replace, if not rusted into the exhaust!!!
  • Options
    nissanconvertnissanconvert Member Posts: 5
    I bought my 2.5 SL in November 2001.
    In November 2002, my "service engine soon" light came on. I took it to a dealer, and the computer "could not find" anything.
    It happened on a road trip three weeks ago. Same thing, the dealer cleared the computer because the codes showed no problems.
    A couple of days ago, it came on again. I took it in today, and FINALLY, they tell me my catalytic converter needs to be replaced. Thank God for extended warranty <smile>!
    I just hate that in less than 2 years, this happens.

My other issue, and I've made a formal complaint to Nissan, is the tires are hard to find. I've gone to Sears, NTB, COSTCO and no one has the tires for that car. The dealer I go to gave me the number to a wholesale tire place here locally and THEY had to search for the tires!
    I went online to tirerack.com and found the tires for very cheap -- $44 a piece. I don't like the fact that I have to special order my tires. Nissan could have at least used common size tires!

Other than that, I love my Altima!
  • Options
    Reason your convertor went is because your car is not burning the sulfer out of the fuel, I would replace both 02 sensors, because in 2 years if you keep it you will have the same problem!!!
  • Options
    2altowner2altowner Member Posts: 1
    Just curious if anyone has run into a similar problem.

I will be driving along at varying speeds and the speedometer, tach, and engine temp gauges will either freeze or just go limp.. The digital mileage reading displays either nothing or funky characters. The effect happens for a few minutes and the unit will "snap" back to where it should be, like with the mileage tally picking up with it left off.

I mentioned it to the dealership and they said it's a Speedo issue... which I can buy, but I don't quite get how that would effect the engine temp gauge and tach.

If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Options
    mrholtymrholty Member Posts: 10
    Ok, I apologize for the length of this in advance.
    The Background:
    I got my 2000 Altima about a year ago, with about 24K on it. I got the car from my girlfriends brother who bought it for me at auction. His mechanic checked it out everything seemed pretty good. I keep up the scheduled maintenance (oil changes, filters, etc).

The Problem:
    In May, the serpentine belt broke while driving home one night. Had the car towed to a local garage. They ordered a new belt from a Nissan dealer, and had it installed. Paid for it and I thought everything was fine. However, I never needed to use the A/C. When I went to use the A/C in June, all it did was pump out a lot of hot air.
    A separate issue, in April, my front windows started to stick on the way up(down worked fine), both passenger and driver. Eventually, the passenger side stopped completely. So, I finally decided to take the car in to get these items fixed.

I get a call the following day saying that I need these items fixed:
    1. To get a 30,000 mile tune-up. Cost $299.00, he said probably less as I wouldn't need everything done to it. I said sure at this point.
    2. To get the windows working I need a new power window main switch. Cost $119.95.
    3. After doing a diagnostic on my A/C (cost $175.00) I need a new compressor as mine has frozen. Cost $850.00.
    4. Need the pads replaced on my front brakes ($90 + labor)

Well, I said ok to the tune up, I thought it would be ok, I needed an oil change, rotate the tires, etc and if I am having these problems now with the A/C and windows, lets get it all fixed so I am ok with the windows, brakes and tune-up. I come in on Saturday to pick it up. Total cost $1100.00. I almost choked, I was expecting $600-700, unfortunately, nothing they quoted included labor. That's a new one to me.

Ok so I am about to leave, I check the windows. Guess what, the passenger side doesn't work. They now claim that I had a bad main switch and a bad motor so that they couldn't diagnose the motor. I say bullsh*t they didn't even check. They say if I don't change the motor, the one main switch in the drivers door will short and fail again. They also need to replace the switch on the drivers side. They need an additional $550.00 to fix this after a rebate of $75.00 because of not fixing it before. I have already spent $230.00 on this (120 labor+111 part(main switch)

2. They say the compressor is frozen. The manager dances around what would cause it. I ask about the serpentine belt being replaced earlier as it worked until that point. He says that some wires may have been disconnected which would cause the compressor to stay on at all times having it freeze. I ask if he will put this in writing as I would then like to go back to the other shop who replaced my serpentine belt to see if they will pay for it. However he will not put it in writing.
    3. the 30,000 mile service only covers labor. I get charged for 8 units of oil and 2 oil filters. I say no. He says yes. Additionally, I feel nickel and dimed over all of these $5 and $10 charges for trans. fluid, antifreeze, totaling $135.19(includes the 2 oil filters, and 8 quarts of oil)
    4. Additionally, I now feel that I didn't need to get my brakes fixed as I don't trust them with anything else they did. Do I really need the brakes to be replaced after 30,000 miles, with labor being $168 and pads $90.

What should I do. They have my car as I wanted the windows repaired but I do not want to pay an extra $500 bills to get it done. Advise?

(sorry about the length)
  • Options
    you drop your vehicle off, and go over the repairs in person instead of over the phone. A run down to the dealer at lunchtime can save you money.

Additionally, never do services on a 30-60K that aren't listed in the owner's manual. Many dealerships pad their 30-60K services for additional profit.

Question - if they told you the a/c compressor was going to cost $850, how could you expect only a $600-700 bill?

Yes, you could easily need brake at 30,000 miles, but why let the dealer do it? Go back to the original shop or two another private mechanic. In fact, there's no warranty issues, so why not go to a private import shop - the kind that deals with Nissan/Honda/Toyota? They have more at stake than a dealer when doing business and usually don't try to fluff their bills.
  • Options
    Sorry if I didn't make that clear. They told me $800 for the A/C which I decided was not worth it. Therefore expecting the windows to be fixed, a regular tune-up, and brakes changed, I figured out $600-700. Unfortunately, my windows still do not work, I have an issue with their billing (some items charged twice) and I've put out $1,100. I thought if I got my windows fixed that I could live without the A/C. Thanks for the advise about the private import shop, always figured that these guys would pad items more than dealers. Unfortunately, I went out of my way to go to this dealer as one of my coworkers had great things to say about the sales side of the place.

I guess my real question is. How do I go from here. At this point all I want is my windows fixed. I don't trust the dealer so I'd prefer to go somewhere else. However, if I go somewhere else I'll probably have to start over. My main question is with the windows. My belief is that it was mis-diagnosed. If the motor needs to be replaced, then replace it. However, I should not have to pay for a switch that I didn't need and the labor that goes along with it.

Is this thinking wrong? I've already fought with them about the over billing and I've gotten nowhere.
  • Options
    anyone
  • Options
    flea4flea4 Member Posts: 6
    Nissans Owners,here I am again about 7 months since my last posting back in December 2002.The two new Bridgestone Turanzas(17" low profile) that I had put on the front of my 2002 Altima 3.5L are once again ready to be replaced with approx. 7,000-7,500 miles on them.I can't even reach the 7,500 mile rotation intervals that Nissan recommends in the owners manual.The vehicle has 18,000 plus miles on it and I will be installing my fourth set of front tires.At 165.99 a pop,this is getting a little ridiculous.I'm still searching for someone out there who has had a similiar problem,but as of right now,nobody has come forward.I will be taking the vehicle back to the dealer once again to get their standard response that there is nothing they can do,it's not a Nissan problem,but a tire problem.Any suggestions or educated opinions?
  • Options
    rsteuartrsteuart Member Posts: 1
    I too have been told that my shimmy issue in steering wheel is in my head and normal for this "stiffer" type suspension. I have tried everything and this really plagues a great car! I am suspcious that is has something to do with the adaptive steering "malfunction" as it seems worse after I really floor it then coast along at the 55-70mph range. Any resolutions???
  • Options
    mortdlmortdl Member Posts: 1
    I am having a similar problem to post #141. Mice have somehow found a way into my Air Conditioning/ Ventilation System. I first found out when bird seed started coming out of my vents. I took my car to the dealer to have cleaned out. They found a nest and lots of bird seed. I no longer have bird seed in my vents but there is now an awful odor.

I am told it would it cost another $500 to have completely cleaned out. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options
    mickei26mickei26 Member Posts: 2
    I too am having the same problem. I own a 98 nissan gxe. When I put gas in the car it squirts back at me. I have to put a little in at a time. and you're right, it's very scary. Anyone know what causes this?
  • Options
    maria23maria23 Member Posts: 2
    Dear Nissan owners, I've got several problems with my Nissan Altima 96 GXE - please help!!
    I've bought it used (116 K mi) 5 month ago, and it was running perfect all this time. 3 days ago I've got "emission control check" light on, and at the same time the car became using much more gas as it was before, became accelerating badly and so on. Today I went to mechanic, and he found several troubles: first, the catalytic convertor was absent!! (thanks to dealers), and the O2 sensors died (code P0136). Second, engine timing chain makes noise.
    Well, I can put the convertor and sensors on, but I'm not sure it'll solve the problems with reliability and gas usage.
    What to do with timing chain? How it's linked to the problems I've got? I would not say I want to change it for $1800, plus to pay $700 for convertor, if all the car cost me $4300..
    Please advise me!!! Thanks :)
  • Options
    Most 1st gen Altima 4cyl engines with high mileage make the chain noise you hear. It's been very rare for them to break though.

Most owners at altima.net have come to the conclusion that, because of the expense to have the chain replaced, they will continue to run them until they break and then swap a lower mileage engine in their vehicles.

My sons has 187K miles and also has this noise. Others have beyond 250K miles on the original chain. It's the luck of the draw, it could break tomorrow or last for another 100K. Good luck with yours.

BTW, can a dealer sell a used car without cat convertors (emission equip) legally?
  • Options
    maria23maria23 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the advise! Hope I'll be lucky enough, otherwise it's better to sell this car then repair.

As I know, to sell the car without convertor is illegal, at least in my case: the dealer gave me papers that the car had passed smog check which is not possible without the convertor..

Could you estimate how much gas your son's car uses (miles per gal)? If it possible to overcome high gas usage somehow?
  • Options
    2003help2003help Member Posts: 23
    My wife bought an Altima on Friday (8/1/03).
    She went to work yesterday and as she was getting out of the car, her hand ran along side the inner door armrest area and cut her thumb. I looked at it last night and it seems to me to be VERY sharp ridge of plastic along the inner door. Where two pieces of molded plastic come together to make the inner door armrest.
    It's on both front doors that I checked. Seem like they should be sanded smooth
    Has anyone run across or know about this problem?
    Did Nissan have a TBS on this, for a fix?
    Any input would be a great help
  • Options
    My son has a 5spd manual tranny and he gets ~ 23mpg city and 30mpg cruising the interstate at legal speeds.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    You can do a TSB search on http://www.nhtsa.gov/. If nothing applicable comes up, try the consumer complaint search.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/complaintsear- ch.cfm

If still nothing, then you can submit a consumer complaint.
  • Options
    ylewylew Member Posts: 1
    If your 02 2.5S cranks but doesn't start, my experience could help your dealer.

We've had our 02 2.5S since Nov 01 and have not had any problems until last week. After errands, wife parked car on driveway around 2 pm. It wouldn't start at 6 pm. When I came home from work, I tried it. It cranked and cranked. It started once but died within few seconds. Gas gauge showed 1/8 tank. I added 2 gallons. It cranked and cranked. Tried again in the morning. No start. AAA put 2 more gallons in. No start. Had it towed to dealer. Almost two days later (another story), we were informed of some spring problem in the ignition coil. Dealer replaced spring. Still won't work. Dealer then replaced the coil. That took two more days because parts were not available.
  • Options
    steveg33steveg33 Member Posts: 1
    I have an '03 Altima and the windshield is constantly fogging up. This occurs at all times of the day, even with the windows open in the middle of summer. I have cleaned the windshield repeatedly. Has anyone else experienced this and/or what suggestions do you have?
  • Options
    pajem40pajem40 Member Posts: 2
    2002 3.5 SE 21,000 miles...Wondering if anyone is having this problem. Upon acceleration, the engine stalls and completely shuts down. This has happened twice now in the last 3 months. Dealer tells me that it was the air flow sensor the first time. Replaced it and now it is back in the shop with the same problem. No problems before and there are no warning signs before this happens. Brake light came on, once the engine had completely shut down. Just wondering if this is a secluded problem or common to this car.
  • Options
    paula0612paula0612 Member Posts: 12
    i just bought a 2003 altima. it came with a wind deflector for the sunroof. do these things come off easily with no damage to the car. it is the no drill kind. i asked the dealer and they said there is no problem, but i tend to not trust them. please advise. Paula
  • Options
    ronoboyronoboy Member Posts: 32
    Our 2002 as 28K miles and the problem described in post #151 above has happened twice in the last few days. Dealer replaced a coil resistor (cam sensor) each time. Car just basically stops running and then won't start again. Anybody else have repeated problems with this, makes for nervous driving since everything seems to be working fine then engine stops running and you are stranded 15 miles from home with a 3 and a 5 year old in the back seat (at least in our case!). Just wondering if anybody else has experience with this like "pajem40" above, and if the problem stays fixed or recurs? Thanks
  • Options
    ginakfginakf Member Posts: 3
    I have had a similar problem. I left my car at a friend's house Friday afternoon. They moved it on Sat onto their driveway and when I got home on Monday, it would not start! It would turn over but not start, & after 4x it finally did. I brought it into the Nissan dealer the next day and they kept if for two days and could not find the problem. Then about two weeks later it just didn't start. Tried jumping it, unlocking & lockig the fuel cap, nothing. Had it towed to the dealer again (a different one). They had it for four days. Had to contact Nissan customer service because they would not give me a rental car although I did purchase an extended warranty which they did not bother to inquire about. Anyways, after four days they had to the change the "computer chip" which runs the entire engine. Supposedly, Nissan had never heard of a problem like mine.
    Other than the my issues with the dealer, I really love my Altima
  • Options
    your AC problem interests me, I would by the $29.99 recharge kit at walmart,, it comes with a pressure gauge, hook it up to your ac, follow instructions, if no pressure, add 1 can lube/ refridge, the other can buy separate for $5 just refridge 134a, I see your problem, but listen my Altima's AC was not working, if the pressure is low in the refridge system the compressor will not kick in!!! It uses pressure to engage the serpentine belt. If the deal says is frozen, he's fibbin!!! Get the kit at walmart, follow directions, were a pair of gloves!!! The lubricant in the recharge botlles, along with an extra can of 134A will solve your problem, get the kit with the pressure gauge!!!!! Later,

PS I have never taken my nissan to dealer to do work, the problems are very easy to fix!!! Do research on altimas.net
  • Options
    ronoboyronoboy Member Posts: 32
    Yep, Nissan doesn't endear itself to owners with the no-rental car policy during warranty. Cost us about 100 bucks for a two day rental even though the warranty work from the dealer was free. Toyota and Subaru as two examples will cover rental cars. As with your car ginakf the first time this happened it did finally start after 5 minutes of not trying to start it, but the day after it was fixed and it happened again we stopped trying and had a tow truck come. Doesn't give us a lot of confidence in this car now after 28K problem free miles, a car that can just go dead on you at any time is not a good thing (especially a late model car like the 2002 Altima!)
  • Options
    iris123iris123 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1999 Altima which I have had for one year, no problems. Today, I could not turn the key in the ignition. Usually a slight turn of the wheel will unlock the steering wheel but after many, many tries to two people, with forceful turning as suggested by the Nissan Dealership, it still will not unlock. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
  • Options
    altimacaraltimacar Member Posts: 2
    My air conditioning control has four settings for the fan. Only the highest setting "4" works and blows. The temperature control works fine as well, just not the first 3 fan settings. Any ideas on the problem?
  • Options
    Have a 94 Altima. Had a fan problem maybe 7 years ago. Don't remeber if all speeds were inop or just some of them. The problem was a (fuse/resistor?) in a side panel at the front passengers right foot. $80 to replace at dealer. Part was $40. Don't know if this info will help, but good luck.
  • Options
    altimacaraltimacar Member Posts: 2
    My air conditioning control has four settings for the fan. Only the highest setting "4" works and blows. The temperature control works fine as well, just not the first 3 fan settings. Any ideas on the problem?
  • Options
    iamaddmaniamaddman Member Posts: 12
    I have a 4 mos old '03 SE that originally came with the deflector. I had the dealer remove it when I picked up the car. There was an ever so slight mark from the adhesive under the deflector. Just put a little rubbing compound on and you will never know it was there.
  • Options
    coolgirl1coolgirl1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone. I bought a used Nissan Altima GXE last year. It runs very well until recently. The "check emission control system" light was on about ten days ago when I was driving on the freeway, but it only lasted about 3-4 minutes. I did not pay attention and just ignored it. The light was on again tonight when I was driving home on freeway. Again it only lasted about 3-4 minutes and went off automatically. My car runs a little above 130k miles now. I did not get a chance to check mile per gallon and am going to do it to see whether there is any accelerating gas usage. My question is : do I need to take immediate action, such as have the emission control system checked by some repair shop? Does anyone have the similar experience? Any sharing of experience or opinion will be highly appreciated!!!
  • Options
    dip007007dip007007 Member Posts: 2
    I've had my 02 Altima 2.5 for about a little over a year now and driver side window has already died. I checked the fuse box mounted on the left side underneath the stearing wheel but no fuse seems to be burnt? This better not be a window motor problem because knowing Nissan I will put my car in for repairs and not get it back for 4 days only to have the same problem a week later. Problem doesn't end their ladies and gents, while raining and looking for the other mounted fuse box under the hood (which I wasn't able to find) I may have gotten something wet inside the engine that broke my altima down. The next morning I was unable to start it as if it were a 1989 Ford Thunderbird.
    Are Altima's made that cheap where if you lift the hood in the rain it won't start or is my starter dying already? Also if anyone knows how to fix the window thing let me know as I'd rather do it myself then go to the hell that is Nissan Auto Service.