Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gonkrazgonkraz Posts: 19
    2003 XLE Blue, Side CURTAIN Air Bags ($500), Pkg 1 Carpet/cargo mats/glass breakage sensor ($362), Simulated Birds Eye Maples Dash [Plastic]($79).

This is how it came on the lot. Went in with my consumer reports information. Used their numbers and gave the dealer a 4% (CR said 4-8 is normal). Dealer said I was $1000 off.

Sticker 23,700. I came away with 21,200. Started out 21,400 ("I'm making no profit") to another dealer who said "we don't normally go that low" but dropped another $100 back to dealer one who dropped $100 more. Ended up $200 below invoice.

Probably could have done a bit better if I felt like beating myself up. They found me a 3.73 interest rate but denied any rebates despite paperwork I brought from the internet.

Suggestions: Do your back and forth over the phone. Once you are in the chair it is very difficult to get anything. Take a digital pic of the sticker, blow it up and take it with you. Told Dealer One the car I found a car at Dealer Two so he gave me a price w/o seeing sticker and was little surprised when I placed it on his desk.

Want a no haggle experience. Buy a Honda. They go to the Edmunds site pull up the TMV and voila, you're done.
  • masspectormasspector Posts: 509
    What do you mean "denied any rebates despite paperwork I brought from the internet"?

Do you mean that they said that there were not any rebates at the time of purchase, and your info was wrong or that they were giving you a price that included the rebate and you were negotiating a price that you thought did not include the rebate? This is where it gets kind of murky with rebates. It would be best to offer an OTD price including the rebate. That way there is no misunderstanding about whether the rebate is included in the price or not.
  • gonkrazgonkraz Posts: 19
    masspector May 6, 2003 3:18pm
    Yep, I showed them what I pulled off the net and the salesman dissapeared in the back. When he returned he simply stated they did not have any rebates, just the special finance rate of 3.99
  • jjhsjjhs Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2003 Camry LE in Houston, TX.
    Options: ABS brake, side airbag.
    A Package include: Alloy wheel, tint,security system upgrade, 6year/100000 mile tire extended warranty, floor mats, first aid kit, cargo net etc.
    Outdoor price: $21,300 with 0% finance for 36 months.
    Wondering if it was good or not?
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    what was the msrp of the car?

what's the tax rate in texas?

what was invoice price of car with your options?

was this a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?
    that people post what they paid and then ask if it is a good deal. You should post what you paid so others can get an idea of prevelant acceptable prices or if you have an offer and want to know if it is good, ask BEFORE you buy.
  • pmoskalpmoskal Posts: 25
    When I was shopping for my new vehicle I looked at the Camry XLE. I discovered that if I had waited until late spring/early summer, then I could of had the 2003 1/2 model year Camry with a 210 horsepower powerplant. The 2003 1/2 Camry (all V6s) are going to inherit the 210 horsepower Avalon engine. That will make your Camry more powerfull adn quicker than all the others out there. If you are considering a V6, and you love to get the 200+ horsepower engine then wait for the 2003 1/2 model year Camry V6.
  • jjhsjjhs Posts: 2
    LE 4 cylinder
    msrp: 23,280 (with ABS, side airbag and package 4C).
    The invoice of the car without options is 17,780. I don't know the invoice with options.
    Tax: 6.5%
    Total need to pay is $21,300.
    First payment is $2,000, others with 0% finance for 36 months.
    I know it is kinda late to be asking this question, but did you not confirm the rebate with any other sources? I would have confirmed it with at least two additional sources before I was convinced it was real. It sounds like you just had some outdated info.
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    anyone wish to share price you paid on a basic new LE 4 cylinder auto ... purchased after may 1? price before tax, since we all have different tax rates...

family member looking to buy LE with ABS brakes as only option pretty much-- might get a moonroof...

$500 rebate is what they're showing here in ohio/michigan. wonder if this is accurate...

thanks for any help.

i assume toyota still has TDA (advertising) as part of their invoice that customer pays.
  • slov98slov98 Posts: 112
    for le v6, the price was $20733 (including $500 rebate) plus 188 processing fee, tax and tags(no advertising fee)
    options were, JBL, carpet floors, beveled 5 spoke alloy wheels(these may be standard on the V6 models, it's not priced on the window sticker)

they couldn't find this exact car, they found a similar one with the addition of simulated maple dash(which is $250 invoice),and preferred accessory package 1(bonus cargo net, 1st aid kid - $55 invoice above just carpet floors, ) they kept the same price

I think the best way to deal is to price the car you want, for example, www.costco.com, click on services,then auto, click on any options you want and write down the invoice price only, then offer $300 above invoice to the dealer,(don't forget to subtract the rebate) if the exact car is in stock you might even offer less. check out the dealer's inventory online first, check other area dealers also

if the they don't have the car you want, visit a dealer and just get a quote on that car anyway, they will probably locate it for you, then go home and find out the invoice prices for all the options and compare to the price you got, mine happened to be $100 above invoice, after the rebate, so I didn't have to haggle..if you add the couple extras..it's 200 below invoice..I don't know if I got lucky or they just need to get rid of these 03 models, good luck !
  • kscbruinkscbruin Posts: 10
    Here in So Cal. they have a deal for a Camry V6 LE for $17,788. It's a base V6 LE with floormats. I think the MSRP is around $22,929? IS this the best deal people have seen?
  • slov98slov98 Posts: 112
    but be careful that it's not a demo, it's priced 2000 below invoice ($19810 is base le v6)
  • mikejdsnmikejdsn Posts: 4
    IT IS $4000 OFF THE MANUFACTURE OR $2000 UNDER INVOICE in Maryland and Virginia. So, make sure you guys get the right deal.
    To respond to the previous couple of posts, I think there is a factory to dealer incentive on LE's. As I have posted before I have seen LE's advertised around $2700 below edmunds invoice price in Fl. In that area there is a $1000 rebate, so that would be like a $1500-$1700 factory to dealer incentive. In Ga I have seen the price on LE's slip about $500 recently. The dealers here are either not giving the incentive at all or only about $500 of it.
  • pzhangpzhang Posts: 2
    With standard features plus ABS and Preferred Accessory Package (Carpet Floor/Trunk Mat Set (5 Piece)• Cargo Net• First Aid Kit). The guy offered me an invoice (excluding 3% holdback) +200. That is $18897. I still need to pay tax and tag etc. Any thoughts?
    BTW: I am in Indiana. Seems like they don't offer any rebate here, only 0%APR and $400 new collage grads rebate.
  • pzhangpzhang Posts: 2
    When you guys talked about 200 over invoice, did you mean the real invoice (Toyota has 3% of base model MSRP holdbacks, for example SE 2.4 Auto is about 640. So the real invoice actually is 640 lower than the invoice you can find on Edmunds etc.)?

BTW: did you guys pay the Toyota Ad. Fee?
  • sazaman1sazaman1 Posts: 22
    Anyone knows if Toyota is discontinuing the convertible Camry Solara from 2004? please help....
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    $20,801. That's better than what I got and mine doesn't have side curtain airbags. Mine was one grand more than that.
    saw ad this weekend for camry LE for $15,999. Not sure if it was auto, ad did not say. Looks like some of the incentive money is trickling down slowly. Also rebate appears to have gone to $1250 in the SE. Same ad had a xle with leather for $19,999.
  • petrnycpetrnyc Posts: 47
    whos ad was it ?
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,772
    Hello everyone! I just bought a 2003 Camry SE (4 cyl) for $20388.00. Actually, this is my wife's car. We first wanted the LE (4 cyl) with moonroof and ABS. The dealer won't do it under $19K. Then we are kind of like the SE because it has sport-tuned suspension, fog lights and spoilers. The dealer has the lunar mist (silver) in stock. In addition to the SE standard features, it has JBL 3-in-1 sound system, power drive's seat, 16" alloy wheels, ABS, moonroof and floor/trunk mats. I also took the 0% APR from Toyota. I don't know if this is a good price.
    I am in Ga., major metro area. Not sure the specific dealer. If you really need to know I can try to find out and post it. I have also seen ads in clearwater,Fl for LE auto at $15,500. Remember that SE has either a $1000 or $1250 rebate that is included in these prices.
    The MSRP is $22.8K. I have the SE (4 cyl) standard features plus automatic, JBL sound system, ABS, moonroof and floor/trunk mats. I got it for $20388. The 0% APR saves me a lot of money for the next 3 years.

I was doing a research with Edmunds. It shows negative number on power seat/power moonroof package like -$992. I added all the options and got high $18K. But the dealer won't do that for SE with such options. They can do it for LE (4 cyl) with moonroof and ABS with $18k range. Anyway, we love the car and going to pick it up this Friday.
  • That looks like a good price. Which dealer did you get this at?
    Now I am really confused. At first you say you cannot get an LE the way you want it for less than 19K. Then you post the SE price and say that the dealer can do 18K for an LE. Which is it?

Did you check CD for your car? What was their price? Did you go to more than one dealer? Sounds like you were negotiating at just one dealer.
    cy_roadtest - It is Expressway Toyota in Dorchester, MA. I am not sure the this is a good deal. I overheard there is a $1K to $1.5K factory to dealer incentive. I think the invoice is $20170. And my price is $20388. So if the incentive is true, they still make at $1.5K. But I believe this is a fair price when I consider Toyota only build less amount of SEs and XLEs (both 4 cyl). Plus we both like the color and we are not interested in the V6. Well, we took the advantage of the 0% APR. I still need to order some accessories (i.e. mudguards, All-weather mats) from the internet. Dealer costs double on these.

masspector - Sorry for the confusion! I and my wife's friend went to car shopping. She also wants the Camry SE with the same options. There are two lunar mist 4 cyl. SEs in the lot. They already sold one to a customer. The dealer has to get it from other dealer. Then she considers the LE (4 cyl.) with moonroof and ABS. The salesman quoted her $19.7K or $19.3 without the options.

Yes. This is the only dealer that we went. I only did a research on Edmunds, not even a price quote from other dealers. Indeed, my wife was looking for RAV4. And I have been doing a lot research for the car: Edmunds and internet price quote from several local dealers. We both went to test drive last week. And she didn't like it. She first thought it would be fun to drive. Then we asked for the Camry and she loves it. BTW, I know these are two different vehicles. But for the same price range, she picked the Camry. I already have a SUV. So we need a sedan.
  • gordy6gordy6 Posts: 14
    Looking to buy a 2003 Camry LE V6 with:

FE- EMISSIONS
    KZ- ALLOY WHEELS
    CF- CARPETED FLOOR MATS

This vehicle has a MSRP of 23,219.

Price is $20,200 (21,800 out the door) taking the 800 rebate instead of 0% financing.

Your thoughts on this deal are welcome.
  • scorpsdudescorpsdude Posts: 1
    After going to 7-8 dealers in AZ and CA, finally I think I got the best deal for LA with Power Seats for 17,100. Bought in March 03 when 1000 rebate deal was going on.

Also, was very satisfied with the dealer: Toyota Towne of Simi Valley, CA. HAd best expeience with these guys after visiting nearly 8 other dealers.

Worst experinece was with "Big Two Totoyta" dealer in Phoenix (Alma School and Broadway). They suck! Thoroughly UNPROFESSIONAL AND CHEATS.
    I am driving this lunar mist SE for the second day. My wife loves it more than I do because I am currently driving a Kia Sorento. I and my wife decided to get the 4 cylinder. The power and handling are just what we are expected. The V6 engine seems underpower when compares with most V6 powered cars in the market. I admit the SE with sport tuned suspension is kind of bumpy. It is quite firm and very sensitive to the road condition. But we love the standard features and options on SE over the LE. I don't know why Toyota offers the sport suspension on sedan. I wish the power sunroof has one touch open feature and dual vanity mirrors with lights. Even my Kia has these.

gordy6 - Sounds like a good deal. I think the dealer told me to choose the $750.00 cash back or 0% APR for 36 months. I figured the interest that we pay will more than the cash back money if finance the car with 3.9% (maybe 4.9% for most banks) for 3 years and with only 10% down. I eventually lost the $750.