Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    beefalobeefalo Member Posts: 9
    I am interested in buying a 2009 Pilot 2WD in the Washington, D.C. area. I would be interested in the LX or EX-L trim levels. What is the lowest price OTD? Should I wait until after 7/6/09 for better prices?
  • Options
    ejodcejodc Member Posts: 2
    Quoted 37,500 for this vehicle in Edison, NJ....anyone know if this is a good deal. BTW, Looking to finance but their best rate is 4.9%
  • Options
    inthistogetherinthistogether Member Posts: 9
    this is my quote from Turnersville, NJ:

2010 Pilot Touring w/ DVD
    MSRP: $40,705
    Internet Price: $38,652

Your deal seems pretty good - assuming no other costs but TT.

Bank of America has 4.5% or better for 60 month auto loans right now - just check the web site.
  • Options
    jboogie2323jboogie2323 Member Posts: 8
    Hello I'm located in Sacramento CA, I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a 2009 Pilot Touring 4wd nav only in northern or southern california. I'm willing to travel if i can locate a decent deal. Thanks for any help you guys and gals can offer..
  • Options
    cb35cb35 Member Posts: 27
    no prob - good luck with the search - if you can wait and are flexible on colors/options - I think the end of july will yield the best prices - provided you cast a net wide enough. July has five weekdays to end the month - the only other month like this would be December (if you believe Kellysim they will be giving away hondas in Dec - must be a nice christmas present if you can wait that long). Dealers should be more likely to deal at record lows if they are close to meeting an unpublished incentive and they know the last weekend of the month is behind them. How much will you save? hard to say and how long you can wait is another factor.

I couldn't wait and bought an EXL for $30100 + $299 dealer fee = $30400 +TTL @ end of May. its a terrific vehicle - my wife loves it.
  • Options
    carsalesman2carsalesman2 Member Posts: 22
    I just checked Performance's website. They have 7 2009 Pilots...Not 77, 7.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    It is good price.
  • Options
    winterminute99winterminute99 Member Posts: 3
    After some negotiations, I have the dealer at $30k + TTL. However, I've been stalling to get the price down even further with what I'm seeing here. The dealer called me today and said he had some really good news that I would be excited to hear. This may just be a tactic to get me into the showroom or to add some fake urgency, but then again Honda might have announced some new incentives. If there is more money on the table now, I want to know how much so I have all the facts.

Is anyone aware of any changes from Honda in the last couple of days around marketing support, holdbacks, etc?
  • Options
    ejodcejodc Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the recommendation on financing with Bank of America...got the 2010 Touring with remote start for 37,250
  • Options
    kellysimkellysim Member Posts: 26
    The dealers cannot move the '09 EXLs. If that's what you want you'd be well advised to wait.

People who buy an '09 EXL right now are going to be pretty angry in a month or two.

A '10 is a decent deal, however, if you need this vehicle. You are much better off with a '10 at the prices being offered than an '09 at the offered price. If you are trying to save money by buying an '09, do yourself a favor and wait.

Good luck.
  • Options
    There are many different aftermarket remote starter. The Honda one can auto adjust your car inside temp to 72F from cold or from heat. The remote should have the "H" honda logo.

http://www.hondadealerwebsites.com/ecommerce/images/Honda_Remote_01.jpg
  • Options
    carsalesman2carsalesman2 Member Posts: 22
    In the midwest dealers are low on '09 Pilots. I think Kellysim said all the dealers, like Performance were loaded with Pilots. Performance has 7 2009 Pilots, not the 70 that he and his buddy said. So, if you want one, get one soon. He is right about the 2010's, those are good deals right now. Dealers arent playing hardball so its not that much more than the '09.
  • Options
    nuzynuzy Member Posts: 54
    I've been looking at the 4WD Honda Pilot EXL/Touring and AWD Mazda CX9 Grand Touring. I haven't decided which way to go yet, as we like them both about the same. There are far more Pilots around here than CX9s - in the St. Louis area. If I expand my search to Chicago there are even more of both (which is ok because I have family up there and would buy from a dealer up there). The dealers around here seems to average about 15-20 Pilots in inventory. Selection is ok, but there definitely aren't a ton out there. I'm not in a huge hurry as both of my vehicles work ok, just both over 100K miles. If I can strike a great deal on an 09 in either model, I'll probably jump on it rather than wait further into the 10 model year. My biggest concern with waiting is giving manufacturers time to right size their production to the point where it is more in line with demand, at which point I lose some leverage.
  • Options
    pangaroopangaroo Member Posts: 8
    What are people getting for 2010 ex ? (2wd - not including TTL)

Im in So. California and I have 2 dealers offering 28000 for 2009 EX-Ls, the best on the 2010 EX so far is 28,500.

2009 EX-L - 28000

or

2010 EX - 28500

Im more inclined to get the 2009 EX-L at the moment. Do you believe the dealers will go lower than 6000 under MSRP in next few months?

In a little bit of a rush so I may not be able to wait.

Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    rayzamrayzam Member Posts: 11
    Care to give the name of your SoCal dealer? I'm looking for an 09 FWD EX-L with DVD and the best quote I've had so far is 30,500... If your dealer is giving the one without DVD for 28,000, I should be able to deal with them on the one with DVD for under 30k as well.

Thanks!
  • Options
    tr5683tr5683 Member Posts: 2
    I have been getting pricing on the 2009 Honda Pilot EX L with RES, 4WD. Sticker 37565 I believe. Best price Chicago area WITH destination charge $30,947. The dealer is getting back to me with the 2010 pricing, but I think I may do the 2009 since I keep my cars until they drop, so the year is not usually a factor. I was told straight out that the dealer that quoted me that price is a volume sales location and my local dealer that I started working with first could NOT match the price. The price listed is from a dealer in the Naperville/Aurora area.
  • Options
    tr5683tr5683 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like 2010 inventory is not organized in our area well. Took me a while to find a 2010 color/options I wanted in my area. Best price with I found for a 2010 EX L with RES and 4WD (add your options should give an idea to the price) with destination etc (no title taxes) $33995. I am going for the 09 at 3000 less. Good luck!
  • Options
    pangaroopangaroo Member Posts: 8
    The all have the EX-L without DVD. I'm going tomorrow, once it pans out as real, I will let you know. Everyone is telling me they are BS'ing, but there are 2 dealers that gave me this price.

Will keep you posted.
  • Options
    ssanjussanju Member Posts: 24
    Today I got a price quote 30.7K for 2009 Honda Pilot EX-L with Rear. BTW i am in WI. what do guys think on this price ? Do you think it will come down. I wanted to finish this week end for ths vechcile. Apprecite your ideas..
  • Options
    tdf1tdf1 Member Posts: 4
    I have had a couple of dealers offer to sell me one of these for invoice ($37,351) plus their admin fee (around $250). Has anyone seen any better prices than this for a 2010 Touring with RES?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Pls refer to ...

message #13061 of 13097 2010 Pilot - actual prices by kellysim Jun 14, 2009 (9:16 am)

dealer is willing to deal invoice - $300 so far.
  • Options
    redgsr1redgsr1 Member Posts: 6
    OK this is crazy - I know this isn't the place to seek legal advice but it's to late to call my lawyer.

I made a deal over the phone on an 09 Pilot EX-L. I gave the dealer my personal info. to run the credit check and have all the paper work ready when I got to the dealer ( 1.5 hours away).

I arrive at dealer an hour before they close and the sales women I negotiated the deal with left for the night. She did however get all the paper work ready and had the vehicle cleaned/ready for us.

I proceed to talk with the new sales men and check over the vehicle. I notice this vehicle is a 2010 not 2009 but it has all the options we wanted. I just figured they didn't have the 09 to meet our needs ( which they didn't last week when we were there) so they bumped it up to a 10.

So we sit down with the salesman go through the paper work, head over to financing and walk out with our new Pilot. It's about 10am now and the dealer close at 9am. At 11am the original saleswomen calls me from her personal cellphone to say they sold us the wrong car?!

She says they sold us a 10 instead of 09. We only talked briefly because I was busy and I told her to call me tomorrow. She didn't ask for the car back or say anything else I couldn't talk very long.

So my question is without you guys putting your personal stance into this legally where do I stand? All the paper work says 2010 and nothing I have says 2009. Am I obligated to "return" the car? I mean this is technically a used car now I assume.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
  • Options
    Look through the paperwork whether the deal can be canceled within 3 days.

Did you apply for new plate or transfer old plat and get the registration yet? Dealer found the mistake so they'll hold on and not procede the registration.
  • Options
    Thanks for the idea - I pulled this off the MD Attorney General website...

"First, understand that there is no three-day "cooling-off" period for car sales during which you can change your mind and cancel the contract. Once you have signed a binding contract, you are bound. Understanding that, you should never sign a contract until you are absolutely certain that you want to be bound by its terms."
  • Options
    We are applying for new plates and I assumed the dealer would hold off registering the vehicle. It was 10am when we left so I know nothing has gone through as of yet.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,313
    I'm not a lawyer, but...

You noticed it was the wrong car, but went ahead with the deal, anyway.. Sounds like you should take it back..

Also, you financed the car... If they insist, and you refuse, they hold all the cards as far as financing, title, etc... It isn't like you can take your contract and go register the car with the DMV. If there was a paperwork error (even one as big as contracting on the wrong car), then they can void the contract.

Maybe, they'll just decide to eat the difference and let you keep it. But, I'm betting against it.. You could try to fight it, but even if you win, you'd be out more in attorney's fees than you'd gain by getting a 2010 model..

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    They may be willing to give you a REALLY nice deal on the 10 to avoid redoing all the paperwork, etc. I think the fair thing to do is work up a number that you are comfortable with (higher than the 09 price, but something you think is reasonable, and see if they will work with you. If not, worst case you get the 09 for the price you originally paid.
  • Options
    We planned on trying to negotiate a fair deal, I just wanted to know where we stood. Obviously I don't want someone to loose their job for this.

We did mention that this was a 2010 to the new salesmen as well. We honestly had no clue that something was wrong and had no reason to believe so. Anyway for future reference if this ever happens to anyone else the dear is at fault and you are NOT obligated to return the vehicle per my lawyer.

We are in the process of negotiating on the 2010 - thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    I am in WI - i got a quote for 30.7K for Honda Pilot EX-L with DVD for 5,000 Miles. They used this car for demo ( Dealer is claiming that way) and told that he may good deals.

At the same for same vechilce for 40 miles- then given quote for 31.4K.

Your thoghts pelase ...
  • Options
    I paid 30,700 for an 09 ( supposed to be 09 ended up with 10 if you read my posts ) before TTT for a new EX-L. You should be able to get that car for at least 30k if not less in my opinion.
  • Options
    Thank you redgfsr1 .. did you get 10 model for 30.7 before tax ? Hw many miles were there ?

Mine had 4500 - dealer used for demo..
  • Options
    victor214victor214 Member Posts: 5
    WOW! :surprise: you got yourself a very good deal!!!!!
    dont give it back!!! its there loss,
    once you sign on that line your binded to that contract.
    too bad it was not me getting that deal.....
  • Options
    victor214victor214 Member Posts: 5
    the lowest price I got for a EXL 09 is 29K
    should I go for the deal or just wait till july?
    also the car was not in there lot so it would have to be picked up in there warehouse
  • Options
    redgsr1

since no incentive yet so far I saw 2010 is offered at $300 less than invoice.
  • Options
    USD 3000 less than invoice for 210 Honda Pilot EX-L With DVD. Looks like pretty good deal.

I am getting 30.7 for 2009 Honda Pilot for EX-L with DVD and my dealer told me no incenvitves for 2010 Honda Pliot.
  • Options
    So, just to recap on 2009 rebates/incentives, hidden or otherwise, is the consensus that the only incentive out there is the $1,500 marketing support? No other hidden incentives on this vehicle right now? I ask because my price calc for a 4WD EXL w/ RES comes out to around $32,808 including the $710 destination charge. This assumes $1,500 incentive, $752 holdback (2%) and 3% dealer profit ($935). Even if I set dealer profit to 0%, I'm still at $31,873. Seems like some people are able to get something slightly south of that. Perhaps those dealers are considering volume incentives or something, but at this point, not knowing anything else, I'd consider $32,000 for a 4WD EXL w/ RES a pretty darn good deal. Thoughts?
  • Options
    I would say it is little bit north. I am not sure which location you are in. I am in WI - got quote for 31.4K - incldue destaintion..
  • Options
    $31.4K including destination for a 2009 4WD EXL w RES with 40 miles on it sounds like a great deal to me. I'd be all over that one. Just to clarify, is it 4WD or 2WD? I think that probably makes 1-2K difference.
  • Options
    For those who are interested this is the conclusion of our deal...

Dealer was extremely nice and right off the bat admitted their fault. They never demanded us to return the car only asked if we would. I told them we wanted to keep the car 2010 verse 2009 but we would work a fair deal for both parties involved.

After some negotiations we paid 31,700.00 + TTT for a 2010 EX-L 4WD which was 1k more than we had originally paid. They dealer also bought down over 1% of our financing, gave us 300.00 dollars off the extended warranty and included a 0.00 dollar deductible.

We actually will end up saving money from our original purchase agreement. This definitely worked in our favor and the dealership was extremely friendly before and after the mix up :)
  • Options
    arm9farm9f Member Posts: 4
    In VA just bought a 2009 4WD EX-L w/RES for $32,000 OTD. With destination the vehicle was $30,500 plus taxes (~$940), processing+appearance ($400), tags and registration ($160). Added a 7yr/80K mile warranty for $979 extra. Dealer even had to do an exchange to get the color we wanted.
  • Options
    Thank you - it is 4WD
  • Options
    WOW! You guys are getting some pretty smoking deals on 09s. Gives me the itch to go try to pick one up soon! Thanks for the information.
  • Options
    ang2482001ang2482001 Member Posts: 3
    ARM9F: could you please tell which dealership did you go to to get this deal...it is an awesome deal...im planning to buy my car in VA as well...thanx...
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,313
    Thanks for the update... I love happy endings! :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    charmscharms Member Posts: 8
    After several day of negotiating with a few different dealers, I have the following OTD quote, but wondering if it's good or not.

Price of Vehicle & Accessories 30,850
    Trade Allowance 0
    Net Difference 30,850
    Document Fee 99
    Delivery Charge 499
    WT & Lab Fee 6.5
    Taxable Amount 31454.5
    Florida Sales Tax 1937.27
    MVWTF 2
    Estimated Tag Fee 200
    Total 33593.77

This is in FL. Any thoughts to if this is a good deal or not?
  • Options
    arm9farm9f Member Posts: 4
    I emailed all Northern VA and metro MD Honda dealerships and visited a few. Surprised at variation for basically the same package. Suggest you do that too to make sure nothing's changed, as two or three came back with lower prices since we purchased. In the end we bought the vehicle at Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, VA. They provided a solid quote over email and were extremely helpful over the phone. Would also suggest you clarify the out-the-door price before going in to the dealership.
  • Options
    I think you can counter-offer as below

2010 Pilot FwD EX-L
    MSRP: $33,845
    INVOICE: $30,658
    OFFER: $30,358

then add other fees you listed.
  • Options
    aln1aln1 Member Posts: 23
    Has anyone got any good offers to share in OK? Is this a fair price to try to negotiate to:

2009 2WD EX-L $28000.00
    or
    2009 2WD EX-L w/RES $29000.00

Thanks.
  • Options
    charmscharms Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for the input. Just out of curiousity, where did you get those figures from?
  • Options
    beefalobeefalo Member Posts: 9
    I'm in VA and I am looking for a 2009 2WD EX-L or 2WD LX. Where did you find the best deal?