Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• aggiedogaggiedog Posts: 238
    I finally got out and drove an 04 last weekend. Very young sales guy but straight out of the school of bash our competitors, I know more than you, and believe me not your eyes. I'm glad it was a long test drive on the hwy and local roads. I just hate that that sales guy had to come along for the ride. I also drove a Nav earlier in the day and they just gave me keys and said take all the time you need. Go figure. Back to the Armada, the size, engine and uniqueness put it at the top of my list. One test drive and my wife said she'd never get in one again. She sat in the back with our daughter while the sales guy rode shotgun. She said the ride was no where near as comfortable as the Nav (strike one). This particular vehicle had a slight resonance, the headliner shook and when she pulled down the dvd player, it was waving like a flag (strike two). The sale guy proceeds to hold the screen and then say "it's not shaking or rattling now." Strike three. He then decided to bash the entire line of full size suv's from the Sequoia to the Escalade. We just nodded kindly at all of his nonsense and left as soon as we returned to the dealer. Although my wife hated the ride, I thought it was fine. The navigation system was pretty cool too. None of that really matters though. If the wife's not happy, for get about it.
  • If they would only hire enough engineers, or hire talent from Honda and Toyota. That would be money well spent!! Don't customers expect quality these days??
  • I got my Armada a month ago and love everything about the truck except for one thing, gas mileage.
    When they said 13 city and 19 highway, well, they lied cuz I only get like average of 10 miles to a gallon. 10 miles are in combination of both city and highway but mostly highway miles. I complained to the dealer and they said that all SUVs get 10 miles to a gallon on the average. I am so disappointed on the gas mileage. I now regret getting this truck, I'm spending $250 more per month on gas. Maybe it's just my truck only that has poor gas mileage, can any of you Armada owners tell me your story on gas mileage?
  • Not trying to point fingers, but there are a LOT of NEW SUV owners that don't take into consideration that they are buying a large truck with a large engine that is NOT going to, no matter how hard you try, get the mileage of a Toyota Camry. That said, 10mpg is lousy, I average 16.7, and HAVE been averaging 16.7 religiously since about 5000 miles. Yes, I hate spending 40 bucks a week on gas, but my lifestyle (which consists of more than mall shopping) requires that I drive a large SUV, so I can't argue. Consider that the Country Squire wagon most of us grew up with only got about 8mpg. Yes, there's still a lot of room for improvement, but there's also progress. It wasn't long ago that 15mpg was unthinkable in a Suburban type vehicle.
  • Everything that I have complained about and taken my vehicle in for is now coming to pass in the form of a bulletin. I see a couple of new ones I have been waiting on.

1. Rear clicking sound when you take off. It does it every time after you sit a bit. The Nissan service write said they couldn't hear it. Now all of a sudden it is a bulletin.
    2. Sound from under the hoood. Sounds like a helicopter. I took a copy of a post saying it might be the purge valve as a poster on here had done. They said they couldn't hear it (3 times in) and they didn't know what a purge valve was. Now it is a bulletin!
    3. Roof booming. Took in 3 times for this also. Said there was no noise and if it couldn't be duplicated, they can't fix it. It never made it into the shop.
    4. Brakes. As I posted a couple of months ago, I finally got new rotors after already being turned once (brakes were also worn out) and had to wait on other parts for 3 weeks as the bulletin had been added to. Well, I have 2,500 miles now since I had got the new rotors and brakes and the rotors are shaking upon braking again.
    5. Front end alignment bulletin. I was over by about 500 miles on the front end alignment warranty so they wanted to charge me. I took it to Sears and all 4 wheels were off. All tires are ruined and have been rotated 3 times (at 13,000 miles at the time) I figured since there was a bulletin out on this they would just fix it. They reminded me that the bulletins will not outlive the warranty so this could be the kiss of death for a brake warranty or other wearable types of items. I don't know if they lied to me or just don't know what they are taking about.

Now at least this gives me ammunition. I will take it to a different dealership this time. (same owners though) Hopefully they will not ignore me. If they do I will talk to the service manager and the dealership manager. Their service is horrible. I envy you guys with no problems. Hard to believe though that some don't have any problems that are made on the same assembly line. As far as the brakes go, I think I see why some don't have it. Mine is mainly city driving. My friends is mainly highway. He has 18,500 miles on his and never had the rotors turned. I have about 15,750 and all but 2000 have been stop and start city driving. Still they should hold up better than they have. The problem is in all of the vehicles or there would not be a bulletin out on it. The brakes are just bad, thats all. It is across the board. The other things, who knows why it hits some and some it doesn't. Again, at least it should help me to get mine fixed. Thanks for all of the posts here. It has really helped. I was ready to sue but don't want the grief. I will keep trying. If I exhaust all avenues, I will have to do something.
  • tt30tt30 Posts: 31
    I also got my ARMADA a month ago and love everything including the mileage! I drive with the gas/mileage screen on, and always check the mile/gallon ratio. What I see the average for my driving habit is 14.5 mpg (city). I drove outside the city, and the best mileage I saw was 18.5.

Of cuz, if would be nice to have 56mpg like Toyota, but then it would look and drive like cr$#. Just IMHO. 8-)
  • I have 5000 miles at an average speed of 17 mph (all but probably 90% of the miles are city). from 0 to 2000 miles I got about 10mpg, 2000-4000 about 11mpg and from 4000-current about 12mpg...except the week my wife had it and it only got 9.2 mpg....I wonder what her driving habits are when I'm not in the vehicle:) Can you tell who buys the gas.....
  • rshershe Posts: 236
    Has anyone else noticed a buzzing like noise from behind the dash. It happens about 20-30 seconds after the vehicle is shut off and lasts about 2 seconds. Sounds like a vent door closing??
  • Mine does it every time and always has. Of course the dealer says it doesn't do it. It sounds just like a vent door closing like you say so I don't know since they say it doesn't do it. My seat does adjust itself overnight also which is weird. If you set it, you go back out the next morning and the seat back is straight. I have to lean it each time. Now that is a weird one! Anyone else notice having to reset their seat?
  • Mine does it but it's about 2-3 minutes after I shut off the ignition? It's either the vents or the CD's unstacking?
  • Regarding the Armada and the limited color selection, how is the Galaxy Black? It is not a solid "Black" but more of a mettalic flake black. Is it really easy to get swirl marks? Any feedback will be appreciated. This forum is sure dead.
  • I've had mine since January- like any black, it's awesome when clean. BUT, it shows dirt and dust worse than any black I have ever had. I also had to have the rear quarter panel redone due to a turkey and their keys, the paint is VERY expensive due to the crushed pearls in the mix (I'm not kidding) I'm not sorry I got the color, but be prepared for high maintenence if you like your ride looking good. Too bad Red Brawn wasn't available when I got mine.
  • Been looking for a while now and may have a new Silver LE tomorrow. Woohoo!

Finally, I'll have room for "stuff"!

Anybody know what the smallest sized rims you can fit on an Armada? 16's? Maybe? (I know the offroad edition has 17's.)
  • Has anyone had issues with the number of gallons that you can actually put into the tank? I was told by the service guy to wait until the low fuel light came on and fill it up. He told me that there should be about 2.5 gallons left in the tank. I was only able to put almost 21 gallons in. The next tank, I let the gauge go below E and was only able to put 22 gallons in. Has anyone been able to put close to the 28 gallon capacity in their tank?
  • Typically when my light comes on, I have between 4 and 6 gallons left. There is quite a reserve on the Armadas. I have put almost 28 gallons in, but that was after running it to where the needle was buried below E. You've got 4 gallons easy when the light comes on.
  • daveman:

I had the VDC Off / SLIP indicator lights come on mid-October 04 with 6700 miles. Dealer fixed by replacing steering angle sensor and electronic brake module. Brake module had to be ttried from a new Armada in the lot because part is backordered. Had to wait approx 3 days for new module delivery. What's interesting is you have a different symptom and came up with a common denominator.
  • robertrobert Posts: 14
    I'm copying from the QX56 board. Just some FYI about my purchase and regarding the Armada.

Just want people to know. I also purchased a 2005 QX56 and was told the same about the brakes. I test drove 2 Armadas last summer (they were early production models still on the lot) and hated them. I drove a QX56 and Armada last week (both 2005) and it was night and day. I chose the 56 for the ride and just a bit quieter. My wife, who's more discerning than I am, liked both after not even wanting to test drive again. I think the 05's are much improved. And for that matter probably the late model 04's, but I was told the brakes were beefed for the 05's and you could tell by driving as the one's I tested prior felt like the brakes faded and were mushy for a vehicle that size. Now feels much different. Hope this helps someone....
  • bmarmada,

My issue did not end after my last post on this issue. After they replaced the wiring harness connectors that were corroding from the moisture, the service engine / VDC Off lights came back on again. After multiple trips to the dealer they finally isolated it to a wire under drivers seat that was shorting out when the seat moved forward or backwards. I do not know if the moisture was also creating a problem, or it was the wire under the seat all along.

It was frustrating trying to find the problem, but it has now worked for several weeks with no problems, so hopefully it is fixed.
  • Anybody else have this problem with their Armada - the labels on the cruise control and sound system controls (on the steering wheel) keep flaking off (or rubbing off).

The dealer already replaced the switch "covers" (which have the white labels on them for the cruise control and sound system) at 10,000 miles. Now at 20,000 miles it's happening again.

I'm pretty sure it's not any kind of oil or solvent on my hands (I sit at a desk all day and shuffle papers). And I know it's not scratches. I do use the cruise control a lot, and I don't doubt it's from usage - but I consider this to be normal use of the controls and think it ought to hold up better than this.

Other than this annoyance (and my dealer's reluctance to check into this problem) it's been a great vehicle.
  • Well it's been a bumpy ride, but Nissan finally agreed to repurchase my "lemon" 2004 Armada. As weird as it sounds, I purchased another 2005 Armada LE with everything. (The back-up camera is awesome)I am a very repeat customer of Nissan (seven cars), and what a difference!!! The ride, interior plastics, the quietness, all are greatly improved!!! Totally different from my old 2004. I got another Armada, simply because there is nothing out there that compares. The Ford Expedition only has 6 speakers, sounds like an economy car stereo.I drove two, one had an electrical problem, the second one had a tranny whine. The countless other "Extras" are standard on the Armada. Sequoia is very outdated, and very under powered. Basically I was spoiled in the 2004, and could not go back to an ordinary SUV. Now, if my 05 can only remain as tight and solid as it is now. only has 65 miles now.........