Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru Legacy/Outback 2005+

Comments

• Options
    sebberrysebberry Member Posts: 148
    Subaru's AWD than for other systems. Even without fancy electronic wizardry, we on this board know that it is the best system out there. The Germans use the Haldex and Torsen systems, so does Volvo for that matter. There is a reason why Subaru builds their own. It works. It works well. Honda's real-time AWD is a joke - especially if applied to a performance oriented car like the Accord.

Unfortunately, to the masses, AWD is AWD no matter how it works or who builds it. Nowdays, offering AWD with no traction control is almost like offering FWD with no traction control. So many cars now have AWD, even if it only sorta works.

I still maintain that VDC should be offered (maybe standard?) on turbocharged models, and indlude an off switch for a more spirited drive.

PS. Did Subaru have any comments for Nissan using the name "VDC: Vehicle Dynamic Control" con their vehicles?
  • Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Yes, AWD alone is not going to be a competitive differentiator for much longer as it becomes more commonplace.

Just to clarify, I don't think Subaru has made a big effort to drive the distinction between the AWD systems to the customer. Clearly, they have segmented the AWD solutions internally, but like zoomer mentions, you really need to care about these things to pick it up.

However, Subaru has started to try and distance themselves from the competition by branding their AWD as Symmetrical AWD. Unfortunately, I don't think the average buyer understands enough to see why a symmetrical layout has advantages over other AWD kludges.

Lastly, Subaru probably isn't offering VDC on other models yet due to cost. Product options are not free, even if no one buys it. There is an administrative and support cost associated with every unique model option. Right now, the VDC-specific parts are limited to just the VDC wagon. Now imagine the permuations Subaru would have to deal with if suddenly all VTD-equipped models (Baja, WRX, Legacy GT, OBXT) were to have VDC!

Ken
  • Options
    jb_shinjb_shin Member Posts: 357
    especially if applied to a performance oriented car like the Accord.

Not that I don't like Accords, (had 3 and 1 Integra) but when did Accord become "a peformance oriented car"?
  • Options
    otis123otis123 Member Posts: 439
    Went to the NY auto show yesterday (Friday). No 2005 Outback sedan to look at. :-( No 2006 (2007?) 7 seater to speak of - miniature clay model, nothing... :-(

Outback XT looked good in monotone. LLBean's mirror fell off - which didn't look especially good to a couple checking it out (we saw 2 other manufacturers' mirrors fall off). 2005 is pretty much what I expected from Subaru - tweaks here & there - certainly looks much better (revolutionary) on the web site than in person (evolutonary). Interior IS much better - passat-like. I couldn't find the extra inch in width, nor could my wife...

Racing simulators were a big hit - they had 3 of them, but the lines looked about an hour long. The LLBean Forester looked good.

After looking at all (I mean ALL) the cars/SUVs and sitting in almost all of them (30+), I left the show scratching my head. Subaru has been talking about a mid-sized 7 seat SUV since before I bought my 2001 LLBean H6 over 3 years ago. I've waited patiently for info....but not much is out...

We love our 2001 LLBean after 57K miles and will keep it for our usual 9-10 years, but I don't see another Subaru in our driveway this spring (to replace our Accord). The Outback, while safe, is getting too small on today's highways. (We sat in the obnoxious Hummer just to see what it would be like to drive a tank able to crush 95% of existing vehicles.)

Subaru is losing Outback graduates to other Japanese auto manufacturers by not having a move-up car/crossover SUV. I would gladly buy the "7 seater" this spring, or maybe wait until the fall, but it looks like it is at least a year or two away. It's a shame - Subaru builds such a good product..

Oh well, maybe in 2011 I'll buy the 2nd generation Subaru 7 seater SUV to replace our 2001 Beaner...

Ralph
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I was at the NY show yesterday too. Didn't see the mirror fall off though.

Bob
  • Options
    zoomer1zoomer1 Member Posts: 42
    Ralph,

You mention width and I can imagine having a hard time finding the space due to that change specially one inch. It's probably there somewhere ;-) How about length? Subaru went to 105+ inches in wheelbase (+2 inches). Any more room there? I believe that cars that have at least 107 inches in wheelbase and 70 to 71 inches in width tend to have adequate room (yes that is subjective) and don't get lost in the highway amidst the suburban assault vehicles (SAVs!!). In my earlier post I refer to several cars that will have dimensions close or greater than 106/7 and 70/1 and will have AWD. The only recent introduction that has a "smallish" wheelbase is the Mazda 6 (small compared to the other midsize sedans). The Mazda 3 now rides on almost 104 inch wheelbase (bigger than the outgoing Legacy!) That is why I was surprised that SOA increased the Legacy's wheelbase by "only" 2 inches. I was hoping that they would increase it by a healthy 4 to 5 inches as I, just like you, want to move to a larger car then the current Legacy/Outback dimensions provide. Even the second generation Prius rides on 106+ inch wheelbase but is on the narrow side (67 inches). I really hope that SOA has used all the space inside to give more room than the current legacy or they will have a similar experience as the 6. The 6 is a nice car and will sell but not in the same volume because most who cross shop with Altimas, Accords, and Camrys tend to not get the 6 (yes this is my unscientific read of the trade rags) because of the size--especially the rear seating area.
  • Options
    radianradian Member Posts: 21
    Someone at nasioc just posted these prices:

2.5i $20,900 plus dest
    2.5gt sedan $25,900 plus dest
    2.5gt wagon $26,900 plus dest
    VDC wagon $33,400 plus dest

Not exact, obviously, and he also said SOA has to meet with FHI one more time to finalize, but overall sounds good. Hope they end up being right.
  • Options
    carman123carman123 Member Posts: 71
    Please forgive my ignorance, but I am newly interested in the 2005 Legacy/Outback. Does the GT model have the 2.5L turbo with 250 hp/250 torque? Also, will the turbo engine be available in both the legacy sedan/wagon and the outback sedan/wagon? It looks like Subaru has done a nice job with the redesign by improving the interior quality, giving a 5 speed automatic, and more standard equipment. I have always driven German cars (Mercedes, Audi or Passat), but I may giving this new model some strong consideration.
  • Options
    subewannabesubewannabe Member Posts: 403
    carman123,
    Welcome to Subaru Crew!

The 05 Legacy GT is equipped with the 2.5 turbo in both sedan and wagon, 5 speed manual and 5 speed SportShift auto . The 2.5 t is available in the 05 Outback XT wagon,only. The Legacy GT wagon and the Outback XT will have identical interior , including new performance seating.In recent track tests in Japan, the Legacy GT wagon ran circles around the much heavier Audi S6.

mark
  • Options
    johnclineiijohnclineii Member Posts: 2,287
    So what do you think the price difference will be between the 2.5 Legacy GT Wagon and the 2.5 Outback Wagon XT?
  • Options
    carman123carman123 Member Posts: 71
    Thank you for the information. My Mercedes C320 is coming off lease 11/04, and so I am anxious to test drive the Legacy GT and Outback XT. I am confident that the Legacy GT will outhandle my C320 and having all-wheel drive would be great (I live in northern Indiana). I wonder how ride comfort will compare. The price for these Subaru's is very interesting, and I would certainly be able to buy instead of lease. Another vehicle to consider is the new Volvo S40/V50 T5 AWD. Although the volvo will be smaller, less powerful, and likely more expensive when comparably equipped.
  • Options
    jwatsjwats Member Posts: 72
    I am considering the 05 Legacy GT to replace my '99 GT. Should I worry about the reliability of the turbo? Having replaced heads in my '99 I am not a believer in Subaru engine durability. What is consensus?
  • Options
    Well, the 05 Legacy GT engine (the block that is) has been used in the STi, Forester XT and Baja Turbo. I don't believe there have been any reliability issues with this particular engine.

The 2.5T is also based on a semi-closed deck that is stronger than the block on the old EJ25. The pistons and valves are significantly stronger too.

Ken
  • Options
    kenokakenoka Member Posts: 218
    Turbos have come a long way in the last decade or so. I don't think you'll have any major worries. You don't even have to leave the car running to cool the turbo down like you used to.
  • Options
    rob_mrob_m Member Posts: 820
    John, I will be replacing my 99 GT with an 05 GT. The 99 has over 100k, driven 90 miles daily. I do not think durability is an issue. Out of pocket repairs to date: tires at 40k, brakes at 80k and standard maintenance. I did purchase the 100k Subaru Gold warrantee, and probably broke even having the power antenna, transmission pan gasket and oil pan replaced. To cover myself, and for peace of mind, I will purchase the 100k warrantee on the new car.
  • Options
    I'm guessing approx $1300-1500 more for the Outback, considering the current difference between base models. I anticipate the Legacy GT LTD wagon MSRP a couple hundred under $30K, the OBXT LTD just over $31K, the OB LLBean just over $32K. FWIW, I predict the OBXT will outsell the Legacy GT wagon 3 to 1....the market for that crossover look is really hot now, even though most buyers would probably be better served by the lower -riding and thus more stable Legacy....this from the same guy who predicted there would be no OBXT ;-).

Mark

Mark
  • Options
    I might be interested in the Legacy GT if it were not for the low profile wheels and Z series tires that come on it. What with our rough roads, potholes and the occasional trip on dirt roads I have to take, I think I would probably be better served by the Outback on 10 percent of trips, though I would be happier with the Legacy the other 90 percent of the time. And I can't have two cars, nor can I not do the trips that I think I would be better off in the Outback in.
  • Options
    nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    I forget, does the steering wheel on the new 05 tilt or tilt and telescope?
  • Options
    goneskiiangoneskiian Member Posts: 381
    Joseph,
    I believe it's just a tilting unit. I was hoping for both as well because my wife is 5'2" and I'm 6'1". ;-)

-Ian
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Tilt and telescope would be nice. I thought I read somewhere the sube would have this.

Anybody have any word yet on the EPA numbers for the Legacy 2.5i with the manual tranny.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Turbo reliability should be good. Subaru's been doing turbos in overseas markets since forever, uninterrupted. The EJ257 is their best yet.

-juice
  • Options
    pon1pon1 Member Posts: 196
    I am in the same spot. The Leg GT has a ground clearance of 6.1, the OB is in the 8-9 inch range, depending on the model (the Forester XT is 7.7). I can probably survive without going "off road" but sometimes need to travel on gravel roads and also worried about the low pro tires/wheels and lower bumpers. My better half occasionally drives over things that she shouldnt - parking lot dividers, sidewalks, sleeping dogs, etc....think the OB or Forester would fare better ...plus she likes to sit up a bit higher. My problem is there will be no base OB XT in Canada (only Limited, too expensive) therefore if I want a turbo wagon it's a GT (or a forester or a base OB H6, which we do get and you guys dont). I'm looking forward to trying out all the options in June.

Had a used 98 GT wagon in 2000 for a while, suffered from persistent clutch shudder. juice and co helped me figure our what was wrong and with negotiating the return of the GT....and turned me onto getting a new Forester. I go away for 4 years. Now I'm buying again, and some of the old crew are still here. Amazing!
    JP
  • Options
    pon1pon1 Member Posts: 196
    what looks like the final word on US prices posted over at nabisco

This is from the dealer websites from Fred Adcock Exec VP of SOA

sedan wagon
    2.5i $20,995 $21,995 add $1000 for Sportshift Auto

2.5i LTD $24,445 $25,645

2.5GT $25,995 $26,995 add $1200 for Sportshift with VTD

2.5GTLTD$28,495 $29695

OUTBACKS:

2.5i $23,995

2.5XT $27,995

3.0 LLBEAN $32,195

ADD 575 destination on all models
  • Options
    If those prices are accurate, SoA has clearly decided to step up to the plate and compete with the big boys. Very competetive numbers...and who else can say their vehicles are not only more powerful , but they are lighter, stronger and safer than previous generation and the competetion....and ,BTW, AWD comes standard in every Subaru!

Mark
  • Options
    a $1,000 step-up from sedan to wagon ( expected), a $3500 stepup from base model to Ltd ( a lot of $$ for leather and a sunroof) and another $4050 step-up from 2.5i to 2.5T. Thats significantly more ( $1775 more)than the step up from a Forester X to a Forester XTPP if you put auto in both.
       Using those numbers , an OBXT LTD would MSRP $31,495 for 5MT, $32695 for the 5EAT Sport Shift.....$500 MORE than the LLBean with the upgraded 3.0...that'll be a hard sell. Even with all the improvements, the numbers for the turbo and the LTD versions are are about $1000 too high, IMHO . Still a lot of car for the $$ compared to the other manufacturers.

Mark
  • Options
    lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    Actually, Subaru does differentiate between their AWD systems. Not only do they explain the differences of the three flavors on their website, they also make it quite clear in their product positioning:

Active AWD: Entry-level to mid level models
    Auto VTD: High end and sport models
    Manual VTD: Ultimate sport application

Based on that analysis, then, is the Forester XT considered by SoA to be an "entry-level to mid level model"? If not, then why no Auto VTD?

[runs and hides for another week]

Ed
  • Options
    mikevmikev Member Posts: 16
    I know this is subjective, but... I am looking seriously at the OB or Legacy wagon, and wondered of those of you who would have an informed opinion, is this new generation worth the extra $$s it will cost. I tend to buy and hold and treat them well (my '93 626 says hello). Also, best guess as to when these '05s will hit the street?

Thanks a bunch.

Mike
  • Options
    Ed,

Hey, long time no hear. Hey, where'd you go? ;-)

Well, in my view the FXT is just borderline high/mid end from a total Subaru offering. It's clearly at the high end of the Forester line-up, but the Forester line in general is very heavily planted in the mid-level of Subaru's offerings. The Legacy GT/OBXT/OB Bean and VDC fall into what I consider the high-end category.

Also from a sportiness side, the FXT certainly has the power, but as I've mentioned before, it could use a stiffer suspension and better tires to really be a sport offering.

Subaru could have offered the FXT with VTD and it would still have made sense too.

Ah, the beauty of a cross-over.

Ken
  • Options
    mbennett674mbennett674 Member Posts: 66
    I thought they were to hit the streets in June??
  • Options
    alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    I am still very confused by information from the NY Auto Show reps, a SOA person I emailed via need-desire.com, and the very knowledgeable Subaru Crew folks.

Will the side airbags and side curtains be standard EVEN on the 2.5i (NOT Limited) sedans and/or wagons?

If so, this car looks to be a phenomenal value.

My 'rents would happily snap up a Black 2.5i Automatic at MSRP of $22570. Looking to buy in Sept/Oct, so hopefully people wont be paying MSRP at that time still, though given this cars portfolio of features- its possible.

~alpha
  • Options
    It is my understanding that ALL Outbacks will have front and side airbags and side air curtains.

OTOH, ONLY GT Legacies have side curtain airbags STANDARD. They are optional on the lower models. ALL Legacies have front and side air bags, however.
  • Options
    trueawdtrueawd Member Posts: 64
    I was told that ALL Legacy and Outback..including Base 2.5i has side airbags and side curtain airbags. It's even on need-desire.com and there is no option for them.
  • Options
    Legacys are a bargain, Outbacks came out about $2-3 grand higher than similar Leg models.

Legacys are a better value with that big difference.

-juice
  • Options
    radianradian Member Posts: 21
    I've been shopping around to order a Legacy GT sedan, and one dealer said week of May 24th for the new Legacy and May 31st for the Outback. Other dealers sound like late May is when they'll get Legacy/Outbacks as well.

All the models of the Legacy/Outback come standard with side air-bags and side curtain air-bags.
  • Options
    kenokakenoka Member Posts: 218
    Okay, NOW I'm officially excited.
  • Options
    So compared to 2004 prices we are looking at 4% to 10% increase in prices for 250HP, 250lbs/Tq, 1 inch width increase, 2 inches increase in length, and hopefully a better fit, finish, and NVH. Fully loaded plus other stuff..$31K (Granted it is MSRP). Puts you in the Max, low end G35, Audi A4, and other category. Looks a little tight for SOA. If I can walk out with a fully loaded 2.5GTLTD (with destination charges) for about $27k to $28k then I am excited. The $27K to $28K is competitive with VW V64Motion fully loaded (includes stability control)--a larger car but with less HP. VW now offers 4yrs BTB Warranty. VW Passat quality is not what it used to be--but still a tightly built car. I think SOA is really testing the envelope with their pricing! I think they will do well but not great...bring the price down $1k to $1.5K across the board and then the premium for HP/TQ and AWD is palatable against Mazda 6s, Accords, and Camrys.
  • Options
    Keep in mind the current 2.5GT has leather and a moonroof, so you lose those to get the turbo.

-juice
  • Options
    rsq798rsq798 Member Posts: 35
    ateixeira and subewannabe imply that there is no leather or sunroof on the 2.5GT, only on the 2.5GT LTD - is that true? need-desire says both models have "Performance design front seats with 4-stage seating," but the LTD has "Perforated leather-trimmed upholstery." Heated seats w/o leather? Maybe both have leather, only the LTD has perforated leather?

Re: sunroof, anybody know if it will be an option (if not std) on the 2.5GT? I'd be willing to pay extra for it, but i don't know if it's worth $2500.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it's cloth on the non-LTD. Anyone confirm?

That's fine, though, I prefer cloth.

-juice
  • Options
    taomantaoman Member Posts: 14
    Alpha,

If your parents can wait 6 months to buy a new Subaru, which looks like that's about their expected time frame to purchase, have them join IMBA. As a member of IMBA they would be eligible to use Subaru's VIP Partner's Program, which allows you to buy a new Subaru with all factory installed options at true invoice. Here's the link to the VIP program on IMBA's website http://www.imba.com/tcc/subaru.html

I bought my 2003 Outback wagon using the program. It was the best car buying experience I've ever had. Once you've been an IMBA member for 6 months you are eligible for the program. You simply contact IMBA and tell them the dealer that you want to purchase a new Subaru from and Subaru will mail you a voucher to present to the dealer. The voucher instructs the dealer to sell you a new Subaru with all factory installed options at true invoice. When I bought my Outback there was a $1000 cash back to dealer incentive which made my purchase price $1000 under invoice. I had to negotiate the price on the additional options that I wanted the dealer to install in my Outback, as the program's invoice pricing does not apply to dealer installed options.

taoman
  • Options
    I don't think there is a document that specifically calls out cloth on the GT. Instead, you need to read into the fact that Subaru points out leather on the Ltd versions only.

There used to be a list of order codes over at nabisco. Perhaps they had some mention of the interior fabric.

I doubt the moonroof will be an option on the standard GT. Subaru has typically kept the "premium" packages together as a bundle. Perhaps later in the product lifecycle, but at least not this year.

Ken
  • Options
    SoA is pretty consistent in packaging the sunroof and leather as a package with the power seats and upgraded sound system for the last couple years. From everything we've seen so far, you have to get the LTD version of the 2.5i or the XT 2.5T to get either from the factory, and then you get both. The biggest change for 05 is that they will let you get the sunroof and leather with a MT..lots of folks complained about that limitation in the 04 Forester XT.

mark
  • Options
    rsq798rsq798 Member Posts: 35
    Do you think that 6 months from today is enough time for Subaru to make the 2.5 available through the VIP Partner's Program, even if it's still a 2005 model in 2004? I would like to get a new car this year. I suppose it depends on how hot they're selling then, which could also be impacted by the fall intro of the Outback models?
  • Options
    As far as I know, the Forester XT was never excluded by dealers from the VIP program. Since the OB and Legacy are intended to be the volume leaders for SoA, I doubt they will be excluded, especially since the plant in Indiana is gaining additional capacity with closure of the Isuzu assembly line. To loosely paraphrase Jay Leno for Frito-Lay: "Buy all you want. We'll make more!" You just may have to wait a while to get the exact car you want.
    Mark
  • Options
    bat1161bat1161 Member Posts: 1,784
    Quick question for you- how soon after joining IMBA did you hear from them? I sent them a chek to join about a month ago, but I haven't heard anything since. It is a good program, and an added incentive towards going for th 05.

Mark
  • Options
    The most recent automotive news comments that the new legacy and OB are being pushed upscale and states that the price increases are higher than normal. According to a SOA spokesperson the higher prices are because of improved styling (huh??) and new features. ABS, EBD, and high quality interiors are standard--(I don't get the last one)! SOA says that Subaru carries a $1500 incentive cost. SOA wants to compete against AUDI but admits it will take several years. Also, SOA wants Legacy to be a premium brand but not a luxury brand. Well there you have it from SOA via Automotive News...greater than normal price increase and hoping to hit 90,000 units in 2004. I still believe they are about $1500 above where they need to be on MSRP across the board. Now if there is real quality, fit and finish, and NVH improvements then they should have a 4 year BTB warranty to reflect the move up and really compete in the premium brand. That extra year might entice fence sitters. Also, SOA is "resisting" offering DVD and navigation on Legacys and OB (to keep cost down?) but will offer it on the new SUV.
  • Options
    taoman- Many thanks! I have book marked the site and will check it out when I have a few more seconds.

zoomer1- I think you're wrong with respect to pricing. If you look at the rest of the midsize market- the Legacy competes well on price when you factor in its AWD.

Example-An Accord EX with side airbags and curtains is $23,320. Granted, that model gives you a moonroof, power seat, and 6 disc in dash CD changer, but a Legacy 2.5i with auto and side airbags/curtians is expected to be about $22,600. So for a savings of 7xx dollars, you get AWD but give up a couple of conveniences. Seems fair to me, and I'm sure SOA will offer an options package or two for the 2.5i and GT models- because there's a decent gap in features and price to the 2.5 Limited and GT Limited models.

~alpha
  • Options
    Since it is MY opinion it is not wrong but you may disagree with it. No sweat.

First, Honda Accord EX with side airbags and curtains is $22k with M/T and $22.8 with AT($1,320 and $520 less). That is a considerable difference and could be significant to consumers.

Second, the Accord is a larger car with greater height, width, length, and overall interiro space. Under the EPA/DOT class definition the Honda is a true Midsize while the Legacy qualifies as a Compact so I would disagree with your statement that they both qualify as Midsize. You may disagree with the EPA and DOT on the car's classification as it currently stands but that is what the classification is.

Third, I agree that AWD is a value proposition and as such one should pay for it. My read of the industry magazines including trade specific literature shows that when it comes to AWD versus price and reputation...consumers in general favor price over features above and beyond the norm (generally considered as p/s, p/w, AT, ABS, Airbags, AC, power seats, remote fuel and trunk). So, SOA is competing with brands who push out 150k to 280k units that can be price elastic. SOA needs to position themselves at a price that is marginally higher but not so high as to create a really large price difference.

To take your example the Accord model you cite is priced lower than the GT Sedan by almost $3000 and it has several features that are optional on the Subaru (AWD excepted). The L model of the Subaru is $2000 less than the Accord model you use as an example and has an even greater lack of standard features (Intellichoice and Edmunds used for comparos).

If you are an SOA afficionado you will believe that AWD is worth the extra money--we are a small group in the compact segment (80,000 units last year). So, if you are AWD neutral and price sensitive that is a tough sell. If you AWD averse then the proposition is a non-starter as the Accord competes with or beats the Subaru on NCAP, Reliability, Depreciation, Resale, and we have already discussed dimensions.

It is easy for SOA to get lost in the compact crowd. Midsize segment sold well over 1 million units. To wit, last year SOA had a LOSS of $28.5 million.

My point is that AWD just by itself won't sell Legacies any more. More cars will have AWD and since larger companies can amortize the costs over several hundred thousand units they can eat the increases taking the AWD cache away from SOA. By pricing the cars 4% or higher for 2005, depending on models, while others introduce AWD on larger cars that are priced similarly is a risky gamble for SOA.
  • Options
    First, according to Honda's website AND Carsdirect.com

2004 Accord EX Auto w/ std Side Airbags and optional Side Curtains plus dest:

MSRP: $23,290

vs.

Anticipated Legacy 2.5i Auto w/ Side Airbags and Curtains and dest.

MSRP: $22,570

(Perhaps youre numbers dont include destination charge?)

Second, thats fine the EPA/DOT classify the Accord as a Mid-size and the Legacy a compact. The fact of the matter is that they are competitors, you will see them in comparison tests against each other, and many consumers (I'm NOT saying ALL) WILL cross-shop the two (as my parents will in October). If you want to read that as meaning I disagree with the EPA/DOT classification that's fine.

Third, "To take your example the Accord model you cite is priced lower than the GT Sedan by almost $3000 and it has several features that are optional on the Subaru (AWD excepted). The L model of the Subaru is $2000 less than the Accord model you use as an example and has an even greater lack of standard features (Intellichoice and Edmunds used for comparos)."

What model year Legacy are you even talking about? Are you even talking about 2005? If so, there's no L model (that Im aware of anyway), and the GTs will have 250 hp, so why are you comparing a 160hp Accord to them, and then citing the substantial price difference? Very bizarre comparison.

~alpha
  • Options
    jim1969jim1969 Member Posts: 62
    I believe he's talking about the EX V6 model. It's showing up in the papers where I live for $24K. It's going to be hard for a GT Limited to compare to that price. The EX has side curtain air bags, leather heated seats, 6 disc changer in dash also. I'm trying to hold out for the Legacy GT Limited myself but Subaru isn't making the wait easy. I hope they don't price themselves out of the mix. Acura is offering AWD in their new RL. Does anyone think this won't trickle down to the TSX and Accord. I think it will.