Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jdl300jdl300 Member Posts: 17
    2009 TL SH-AWD w/Tech $39,972 if I take the $1000 incentive

but that's the email quote ... haven't gone in to negotiate although email quote should be good as a chip but I am always sceptical
  • Options
    richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    I just received a letter from Honda about the end of lease process. Apparently there's a $1500 credit that you get that goes towards anything that might need to be repaired. I'm sure the windshield will take about a third of that. Does anyone know how much tread life you need before they require a new set of tires? Also, any insight into paint damage from rocks or door dings? Thanks
  • Options
    billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    i would take that selling price but currently, honda's lease rate money factor is way too high so it ballons the payment up.
  • Options
    ZBMZBM Member Posts: 1
    Any news on the latest incentives for the remaining 2008 TL's? The previous $3,500 dealer incentive expired on 2/2.
  • Options
    whit5whit5 Member Posts: 65
    edmunds has just low apr...but im not sure if that is correct.
  • Options
    540dude540dude Member Posts: 38
    Car Man:

Can you tell us the money factor and residual values for a lease of a 2009 TL -- 39 months with 12K miles per year?

Thanks!
  • Options
    AcuratexanAcuratexan Member Posts: 16
    Hi.. have you contacted Honda to get your car appraised before the lease is over. I just had my appointment, and was told my car did not exceed the $1500 in wear and tear. It did have a couple of dings and even a scratch on the passenger's door. Today, Honda Financial Services called and informed they were sending me $1500 towards a new lease/purchase of an Acura vehicle.
  • Options
    rzurawikrzurawik Member Posts: 13
    AcuraTexan,
    I just had my end of lease exam. Everything went perfect. Just wondering how long after the exam of your car did they contact you with the $1500 offer? I am looking at a new TL and that would work out great for me..
    Rob
  • Options
    nubbin4nubbin4 Member Posts: 6
    Being offered a 2009 TL AWD + Tech for 38,600 - a few hundred below invoice -seems like a pretty decent deal for this model as there seems to NOT be a glut of these in inventory [unlike the base TL and TL Tech]. What do you think?
  • Options
    Hey Texan, can you share a little more info about the condition of your car at the end of the lease and what exactly did the dealership do? I'm about to do mine at 3 years and have some rock chips, minor door dings, etc. The letter I received from Honda indicated that you get a $500 credit "per incident" up to $1500. How did that work for you? I only have 27k miles after 3 years so I'm hoping that helps. Any insight you can share would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi Rob.. I had my appraisal on Monday 2/2/09 and I got the call from Honda Finance on Saturday, 2/8/09 that they would be sending out the $1500 towards the purchase of a new Acura vehicle.
  • Options
    My TL has a couple of door dings, which most cars will have. I had a scratch on my passenger door, and one major door ding above the wheel rim. It was a windy day, and when the guy parked next to me opened his door, with the wind force his car's door hit my car. Those were the two issues I was concerned with. I took the car to a body shop and got an estimate at $600.00
    When the car was being appraised, I was told that I shouldn't have any problems with Acura. The person doing the appraisal has a lot to do with it. For example, when I was leasing a Honda, I was turning in my car with 11, 000 miles that I had not used. The person doing my appraisal said, "because your turning in your car with such low mileage, I won't ask you to replace the tires". I believe being polite and courteous all helps.
    Best of luck with your appraisal!
  • Options
    I just saw on Acura's website 3.9 apr for 60 months. This just might get me to change my mind about leasing. Now, I have to decide if I want the basic or tech TL. I don't travel much in my TL, usually use our SUV so not sure what I would be missing in the TECH package. Have yet to actually go to dealer and see the car in person. I am a 4 hour drive from my closest Acura dealership.
  • Options
    Texan, Thanks again for the info. That is helpful. At 3 years, I'm only at 27k miles so I'm hoping that will help as well. How long before your lease end date did you bring the car in for the appraisal?
  • Options
    The appraisal is not done by the dealership. I was adviced to set up appointment at least 8 weeks before the lease expired. This is the number Honda gave me to set up appraisal appointment:
    1-800-340-4080.
  • Options
    ive given up on my search on the Acura for good deals..im now looking at the MAXIMA SV sport w/nav. just as good as a car and has a better stereo, 19" rims and more. Not to mention dealers are giving better prices on them. just got a few quotes on msrp of $38k, quoted $33k and i know i can get that lower. I actually like the car better especially the front vs the acura . THis car is alot more sporty looking.
  • Options
    Company [Nissan/Infiniti] is tanking slasing jobs worldwide.
  • Options
    all car makers are tanking right now with business in this economy. Some are just giving better deals than others. Acura, nissan, honda, infinity, lexus all make great reliable cars., So depending where you get your best deal from you can not go wrong.
  • Options
    nalinirphnalinirph Member Posts: 17
    Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I am trying to figure out a fair price for an acura tl 2009 with tech package. Dealer's offer is $37,900. :confuse: I believe MSRP is about $39600...

Nalini
  • Options
    dixonjim65dixonjim65 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Nalini,

I purchased a 2009 Acura TL with Tech package at Hopkins Acura in Fairfield, CA just 2 weeks ago for $35,000. My came with the trun tray, wheel locks, mud flaps and door guards, which are all options. This was the best price I have found anywhere. Let me know what kind of prices you find.
  • Options
    nubbin4nubbin4 Member Posts: 6
    Weird question but here goes - at what mileage mark should a buyer be curious / concerned when buying a new car - i'm buying [trying to] a new TL awd tech that my dealer is having a hard time finding [for a reason that is not logical to me at this point]. I will basically accept the majority of color choices so it seems strange. Anyway - they are getting one in via another dealer a car that already has ~600 miles on it. They are not calling it a demo - just saying the other dealership manager put some miles on the car. Is this common? Should I demand a little better deal? Seems to me most new cars have ~10 miles on them.
  • Options
    msballsitch1msballsitch1 Member Posts: 4
    Run from this dealer. They are being dishonest. Tell them exactly what you want, for example a new car. Make sure you tell them what you want to pay for the car, including all weather mats and whatever else you want. If they don't accept, walk away and go to another dealer. Tell them you are also interested in an Infinity and Lexus. The most important part is put your offer out there and do not go down in price from there. Once you go down from your price, they win and know they can charge you more for the price. Good luck and remember, you are in charge. All car dealers are promoting right now.
  • Options
    draz2draz2 Member Posts: 50
    I'm sure this has been addressed but I was wondering if I can do better. I was quoted $40,500 for the car. Is this fair or do you think I should be shopping around further?

To get the color/interior combo I will want (Mayan Bronze/umber leather) how long a wait will there likely be?

Thanks in advance for any information you guys can give me.
  • Options
    I think that's a good price, that's the lowest quote I have gotten here in Connecticut-Fairfield county.A dealer here has the color combo you are looking for, it looks really sharp when you see it in person.I personally like lighter color cars, so I am opting for the white/umber with the HPT wheels.
  • Options
    dixonjim65: I am curious as how you got all the extras. The last I leased my acura in 05, I asked if I could get the mats, and of course I was told "no". That seems like a great price for the tech, wish I could get my dealer to go that low.
  • Options
    joeman2joeman2 Member Posts: 3
    Can anybody confirm if the $1000 dealer marketing incentive for the tech package and 3% dealer holdback still continuing?

Heard Acura is coming out with a rebate?
  • Options
    delgardodelgardo Member Posts: 4
    I think that's a great deal. :) I'm trying to Lease a 2009 TL AWD+tech as well. Let me know if that deal goes through. My dealer isn't willing to go below invoice.
  • Options
    bigpaulkl88bigpaulkl88 Member Posts: 1
    I bought the 09 TL yesterday w/o tech (msrp 35710) with a trunk tray for $32000 +ttl.
  • Options
    $35,486 with wheel locks.

How did I do?
  • Options
    carscarcarscar Member Posts: 22
    Got an unsolicited e-mail from an acura dealer for $35K even + TTL. I am not yet ready to pull the trigger. I am more interested in AWD, but deals are tough to come through on these :-(
  • Options
    Do you know if that included the destination charge? I know that's a trick they often play once you walk in to really negotiate.
  • Options
    nalinirphnalinirph Member Posts: 17
    Hello. A dealership in Irving, Tx has told me $35,000 w tech package. This was over the phone. I am 120 miles from any acura dealership so we will see what happens when I go there in person. I feel there is going to be a catch. As the other blogs have stated I guess it will have to do with the destination charge. I will let you all know...
  • Options
    carscarcarscar Member Posts: 22
    Hi Draz2, I am not sure about that; I did not proceed further since I was not interested in the deal. I will post my AWD deal (if I get one!) soon.
  • Options
    LubDubLubDub Member Posts: 12
    sorry for this late reply

to clarify: the price was negotiated at 40k. (this was done before showing them my trade in)

they were willing to get any color from any dealership...

at the time i was shopping, noone else was willing to budge below MSRP.
  • Options
    lax29lax29 Member Posts: 42
    Where did you hear about the rebate? Is it the dealer cash?
  • Options
    bigwitbigwit Member Posts: 2
    Just bought today: 09 TL w/ tech, mud guards, side body moldings for $35,800
    Pick up friday - can't wait.
  • Options
    seekacurainfoseekacurainfo Member Posts: 13
    A dealer near me has a 2008 TL with NAV, I believe it is a loaner car, roughly 5k miles on it. Does anyone know what to expect for a quote on this and if dealers lease loaner cars?

Thanks
  • Options
    lax29lax29 Member Posts: 42
    I hear that there is now up to $2000 cash back on the 09 TL TECH, but that the financing is still the 2.9 and 3.9. Anyone heard differently?
  • Options
    jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    My local dealer mentioned about the $2000 rebate on FWD tech but according to him there is no rebate on the AWD Tech. But here on edmunds it shows that the rebate is also valid on the AWD Tech models too. Can somebody from edmunds confirm it please.
    Thankyou
  • Options
    ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    I am negotiating now. I was told that there is a $2000 rebate. It is in the form of a rebate back to the dealer, but he used that as a way to get me to a price of $35,445 for the above car with splash guards and wheel locks.
    This was Springfield Acura in NJ.
  • Options
    Quoted $33076.00 on the base TL. with $1000 cash back.
    Not sure if this will be the best price in the San Antonio/Austin area. I HATE car shopping!! :mad:
  • Options
    amoviefan1amoviefan1 Member Posts: 24
    With the state of the economy, I'm holding out to pay no more than invoice price minus the $2000 rebate (front-wheel drive or SH-AWD TECH) and including the destination charge and the 3.9% financing for 5 years.
    To me, there's no reason to pay a penny more than that since I have the ability to wait a few months, if needed.

Example 1:
    NEW 2009 Acura TL w/TECH (Front-Wheel Drive)
    Sticker $39,445
    Invoice including $760 destination = $36,316
    Minus $2000 rebate =
    $34,316 plus tax, title, license and document fee.
    Also eligible for 3.9% for 5 years.

Example 2:
    NEW 2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/TECH (All-Wheel Drive)
    Sticker $42,995 (including $760 destination)
    Invoice including destination = $39,572
    Minus $2000 rebate =
    $37,572 plus tax, title, license and document fee.
    Also eligible for 3.9% for 5 years.

I live in the Chicago area.
    Anyone come close to these prices?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    AXM23AXM23 Member Posts: 64
    Moviefan,

I hear ya. I am looking to pay invoice minus the rebate on either the TL Tech or AWD w/o tech. nothing more. I will be going to a dealer this Saturday. I will advise of the offers I receive. Please let us know if you find a dealer that matches your prices or does even better.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Let me know if any dealers in your area accepts your proposal especially on the AWD TECH.
  • Options
    I have a firm price now of $35445 + tax, license and doc. for a non tech AWD with splash guards and wheel locks, in Northern NJ. I appreciate any feedback from the rest of 'car buying bretheren'. :)
  • Options
    gcookgcook Member Posts: 33
    I got an offer, using the request a quote off edmunds, for 37,800..on the TL SHAWD TECH... From SF Bay Area, CA.
  • Options
    bigbucks1959bigbucks1959 Member Posts: 27
    Got quoted via internet in Pittsburgh PA:

2009 Acura TL
    $32,295

2009 Acura TL -Tech Pkg
    $34,816

Looks like awesome discounts. Waiting on finance numbers.

Phil K.
  • Options
    anyone have an opinion on the deal I mentioned earlier? ($35445 for AWD non tech, splash guards, wheel locks)
  • Options
    I just was advised and verified on Consumer Reports that the rebate on NON Tech TL's is $1000, not $2000, which is on the other models. That increased my price quote. I almost committed to a deal, but now am a bit turned off.
    I have an out the door price of 39346.80 from Springfield and 39171.43 from Open Road Acura of Wayne.
  • Options
    vballplayer30vballplayer30 Member Posts: 27
    So is that 32076 or 33076? I was quoted a price in NJ of 32,345 with the side trim molding and rear spoiler.