Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Tacoma 2005+

Comments

• Options
    jcl1jcl1 Member Posts: 5
    Had to sign up and comment on this one... A lot of misinformation floating around.

I live in SoCal and have been speaking with a dealer for a month now. He will have several Dubcab's on Oct. 11th + or - a couple of days. He received prelim. pricing yesterday. The model I want (Double Cab, 2WD, TRD Package) will run around 23K (Not including Tx & Lic). He said that is about the same price as the 04'. Have not verified that claim yet though.

05' pricing is available as I've seen other web sites claiming to have it.
  • Options
    pman2pman2 Member Posts: 4
    As a degreed economist, who recently purchased an '04 Taco, I'd say that bottlenecks in the railroad and shipping industries could be what's delaying the Tacoma. Especially the ports on the west coast where there's been delays because they lack workers(hiring part timers to fill the gap) and they're getting the X-mas cargos from asia now.
  • Options
    tacofan4lifetacofan4life Member Posts: 33
    No misinformation here. Everybody is getting a different story from Toyota and the different dealers. That dealer that you talked is probably telling stories also. I just called Toyota Corporate again and they said the brochures will be sent out to the dealers next week sometime and the trucks wont be out for atleast another 2 weeks after that. So that would be a little later than what you were told. They must have made up numbers on the pricing because they haven't released the pricing to the public yet. Any website that claims a price is just speculating.
  • Options
    88toylc88toylc Member Posts: 53
    Interesting speculation. I'm sure there are many other plausible theories for why there might be delays in Tacoma production. For instance, Toyota might have known all along that its Tacoma wouldn't be ready for prime time until December or January, but it was concerned that telling the truth would lead potential buyers to select other alternatives. This explanation seems consistent with the fact that pricing details are still under wraps as far as the general public is concerned, but it's hard to see how port delays would account for this.
  • Options
    spleckspleck Member Posts: 114
    Toyota has released pricing to a number of people higher in the chain. That is what's showing up on a number of websites. They can release that info to the public on Oct 11. I'm sure it will appear on Toyota's Tacoma page then too.
  • Options
    tacofan4lifetacofan4life Member Posts: 33
    The Tacomas are built in The States mainly in the Fremont, CA NUMMI plant and most of the parts are made in other plants here. I don't see how port delays have anything to do with it..
  • Options
    toycashtoycash Member Posts: 139
    The release date of Oct. 18th was given to dealers over two months ago. Dealers already have pricing. To give an idea, a V6 4x4 Access Cab automatic with the Off-Road/Tow package is $28,200.
  • Options
    severesevere Member Posts: 10
    Some of the prices I'm seeing people qouting are, IMHO, extremely high.

I certainly hope that these higher qoutes are out of line. Otherwise my hopes of getting the DC I have in mind will be shot. Perhaps Nissan will have more competitive pricing.
  • Options
    greeneggsnhamgreeneggsnham Member Posts: 9
    If it's true that Oct. 18th has always been the release date and that right now dealers have pricing information, then I think that quite a few people have been misled by salespeople at the dealerships and operators on the telephone.

Why should I not be surprised. The standard answer that I get is to expect to see the trucks in two weeks. And this has gone on for about two weeks. Two weeks must be a magical number, because no matter who you ask or when, the answer is always - two weeks. I also just called my local dealer, no pricing information, but they said come on in and we can see what we can do. What does that mean?

As another person has already posted, this is probably a tool that dealerships use to prevent a buyer from shopping around for another make or model. Like when a salesguy says, "I gave you the wrong price on that one. If I sold it to you my supervisor would be really mad! We are going to lose money on this deal." or "Let me show you the invoice we got on this truck. We are only making $100. You've got a great deal! Don't tell anybody."
  • Options
    toycashtoycash Member Posts: 139
    The problem is that the salespeople at many dealerships are kept in the dark about this type of information. The dealers don't want a salesperson to lose a potential deal on a in-stock 04 Tacoma if they know too much about the 05. Our dealer system shows an arrival date of 10/7-10/12 for our first two that have already been built, but it is likely that will hold them until the release date.
  • Options
    flyfishinglifeflyfishinglife Member Posts: 1
    Ditto on the Colorado gas mileage. After purchasing 5 new Toyota trucks beginning in 1980, I got tired of waiting for Toyota to build a mid-size. I fell for the Colorado hype and bought a 4X4 crew cab with the 3.5 and an AT. Five days later I learned that the 05 Tacoma was a totally redesigned mid-size truck. Ouch!!
    The Colorado is rated at 22 mpg on the highway. I get 16-18 and drive it like there's an egg under the accelerator. I'm not sure how there can be such a discrepancy. My Toyota trucks always met or exceeded the mileage ratings. If you're considering a Colorado, don't....unless of course you'd like to buy a real clean unit that I happen to have...........
    I bet a case of beer the 06 Tacoma will offer a V8 option. That's always how it works. That way, folks with the 05 and V6 will just have to have a new Tacoma with V8 power.
    I think I'll wait for the 06 Tacoma, or at least a left over 05 next summer. Maybe by then I'll only have to take a sublethal $$$$$ bath on this Colorado.
  • Options
    severesevere Member Posts: 10
    Some of the prices I'm seeing people qouting are, IMHO, extremely high.

I certainly hope that these higher qoutes are out of line. Otherwise my hopes of getting the DC I have in mind will be shot. Perhaps Nissan will have more competitive pricing.
  • Options
    illini7illini7 Member Posts: 19
    It appears to me that if an Access Cab 4X4 with TRD and Towing is going to be $28800, then how much will the Double Cab be? Over $30K I would guess. Where is the Tundra going to stack up against this? It seems that the Tacoma is a bit overpriced, given the fact that there won't be much room between the Taco and Tundra.
  • Options
    gupgup Member Posts: 6
    A couple of days ago I visited 2 different dealers in MA and spoke with salespeople who seemed to be very knowledgeable about the Tacoma’s and Tundra’s. They had both stated they have received little information about the 2005 Tacoma’s from Toyota; however, they were receiving a limited amount of them in mid to late October. Based on the limited information that was provided to them, they have heard rumors from the regional managers that the new Tacoma’s price will not be significantly more, if not the same as the 2004 models. This is due to the forecasted sales of the new models, the new factory being built, a more efficient way of assembling and the new option packages. They did state that if you were planning on buying a 2005 within the 1st 6-months of availability, you’ll likely be paying the full sticker price. I’ll likely hold off until the President's Day sales or a left over next year.

I have extensively researched the 2005 models in both full size and compact/midsize trucks. The new Tacoma seems to be the best buy as long as the pricing is comparable with the 2004 models.
  • Options
    hkingshkings Member Posts: 74
    Just a note.. I have been in contact with many dealers here in SoCal and I have MSRP prices already.

Just as an example, a V6 4x4 Auto, Shortbed with TRD Offroad and Tow hitch Package, Floormats, and destination has MSRP of about $29,140.00.

In addition to that I was already offered an Internet Price of $28,315.00 for that vehicle above. Already almost $1000 off and they havent even hit the floor yet!

Dont assume, that they will all be going for sticker... just depends on Demand I guess!
  • Options
    steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    "Just as an example, a V6 4x4 Auto, Shortbed with TRD Offroad and Tow hitch Package, Floormats, and destination has MSRP of about $29,140.00."

Must..respect..user..agreement..

If you want to make this information useful, you should probably add that this vehicle is not a regular cab shortbed or an extended cab shortbed but instead a

DOUBLECAB

pickup truck. There. Glad we got that straightened out.

Thanks,
    -Mathias
  • Options
    "Based on the limited information that was provided to them, they have heard rumors from the regional managers that the new Tacoma’s price will not be significantly more, if not the same as the 2004 models."

The above quote sounds consistent with what I've been told.

The shipping delays mentioned earlier are a crack up :)
  • Options
    Ok... Someone finally posted on another web site. Enjoy...

2005 TOYOTA TACOMA PRICING

The all-new, 2005 Tacoma marks a new era for Toyota in the light truck market. The eighth-generation Toyota compact pickup offers more of just about everything than ever before – more passenger room, cargo volume and towing capacity and improved ride comfort, performance, handling and fuel economy all at significantly improved value, without losing any of its legendary, rugged OffRoad capability.

Tacoma grows by almost six inches in overall length, adds five inches to its Wheelbase and widens its track by four inches. The added size translates into enhanced interior roominess and comfort.

Tacoma continues to offer a choice of four-cylinder or six-cylinder engines. The base 2.7L four-cylinder now has Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence (VVT-i) and creates 164 HP, an increase of 14 HP from last year, and 183 lb-ft of torque, up 6 lb-ft from last year. The four-cylinder is available with either a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission. A new 4.0L V6 with VVT-i replaces the previous model’s 3.4L V6. The 4.0L provides 245 HP, an improvement of 55 HP from last year’s V6 and 282 lb-ft of torque, an increase of 62 lb-ft. The six-cylinder engine is available with either a six-speed manual transmission or five-speed automatic. Even with these significant increases in power, Tacoma’s fuel economy actually improves for 2005.

Unlike our competitors, Tacoma continues to offer a full-range of pickup choices

– the base two-door Regular Cab, the Access Cab with two rear access doors and the Double Cab with full-size rear-opening doors. Double Cab comes with a choice of regular or long bed.

Tacoma Regular Cab models offer a high-level of standard equipment:

• Grey-painted grille surround and rear bumper
    • Overfenders on PreRunner and 4x4 models
    • 15” steel wheels (16” styled steel on PreRunner and 4x4)
    • SMC composite bed
    • Bed utility rail system with four adjustable tie-down cleats
    • Mudguards
    • Bench seat
    • Full-size spare
    • 2 IP powerpoints with cigarette lighter
    • AM/FM/CD audio with 4 speakers
    • Gated A/T shifter
    • Tri-pod style instrument cluster with orange illumination
    • Manual tilt and telescopic steering wheel
    • Tachometer
    • Digital clock
    • CRS tether anchors and lower anchorage points
    • Front passenger airbag cut-off switch
    • Anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Brake Assist and Electronic-Braking Distribution

For 2005, Tacoma Regular Cab prices start at $13,415 for the 4x2 4-cylinder with a manual transmission and ranges to $17,360 for the 4x4 4-cylinder with a manual transmission.

In addition to or in place of the Regular Cab content, Tacoma Access Cab models feature:

• Dual rear access doors
    • 15” styled steel wheels (16” styled steel on PreRunner and 4x4)
    • Front bucket seats with passenger’s seat fold-flat function and seat-back tray
    • Walk-in memory passenger seat
    • Center console with cupholders and storage
    • Tumble-flat rear seats with underseat storage
    • Overhead console with maplights, garage door opener bin and sunglasses
    storage
    • AM/FM/CD audio with 6 speakers
    • Air conditioning

Access Cab prices range from $16,855 for 4x2 4-cylinder with manual transmission to $23,125 for a 4x4 V6 with an automatic transmission. PreRunner Access Cab models range from $17,615 for a 4-cylinder with manual to $19,950 for a V6 with the five-speed automatic.

New for 2005 is the Tacoma X-Runner performance truck. The X-Runner features a lowered-suspension with Bilstein gas shocks, 18-inch alloy wheels with specially designed P255/45/R18 Bridgestone Potenza tires, color-keyed bumpers, overfenders, grille surround, door handles, mirrors and body kit. The X-Runner also includes standard power windows, locks and mirrors, keyless entry, fog lamps, limited slip differential, sport seats with a unique fabric design and a 400W/115V deck-mounted power outlet. Only available with the 6-speed manual transmission, the Tacoma X-Runner is capable of zero-to-60 acceleration times under 7.0 seconds with better handling than many sports cars. X-Runner has a base MSRP of $23,110.

Tacoma Double Cab includes the following features in addition to or in place of the Access Cab models:

• 16” styled steel wheels
    • Power windows, locks and mirrors
    • SR5 seat fabric with fold-flat passenger’s seat
    • Manual lumber adjustment
    • Storage unit behind rear seat

Double Cab prices range from $21,675 for a PreRunner V6 to $25,250 for a 4x4 V6 with the long bed.

Although Tacoma’s base prices increase from last year, it is important to note that the new Tacoma includes most of the equipment that was being added as optional equipment at high installation rates on last year’s model. As a result, the 2005 Tacoma’s base prices are nearly the same as or below last year’s typically equipped prices even with all of its outstanding product improvements and feature enhancements.

OPTIONS
    In addition to the outstanding standard feature content of the new Tacoma, several key option packages are also available:

SR5 Packages
    • Chrome grille surround and rear bumper
    • Color-keyed overfenders (PreRunner and 4x4) and front bumper
    • Power windows, locks and mirrors
    • Keyless entry
    • Cruise control
    • Metallic tone instrument panel finish
    • Bucket seats with upgrade seat fabric (standard on Double Cab)
    • Leather steering wheel and shifter
    • Variable intermittent wipers
    • Air conditioning
    • Sliding rear window

TRD Off-Road Packages (requires V6 and includes SR5 content)

• 16” alloy wheels with 265/70R16 BF Goodrich Rugged Trail SWL tires
    • Foglamps
    • Sport seats with 4-way manual adjust with lumbar
    • Compass and temperature display in overhead console
    • Rear differential lock
    • Off-road suspension with Bilstein gas-charged shocks
    • 400W/115V deck-mounted power outlet

TRD Sport Package (requires V6 and includes SR5 content)

• Color-keyed rear bumper, door handles, mirrors and grille surround
    • Hood scoop
    • 17” alloy wheels with 265/65R17 Bridgestone Dueler tires
    • Fog lamps
    • Sport seats with 4-way manual adjust with lumbar
    • Compass and temperature display in overhead console
    • Limited slip rear differential
    • Sport suspension with Bilstein gas-charge shocks
    • 400W/115V deck-mounted power outlet

Please DO NOT redistribute this information before October 11th. I’ll post the detailed price breakdown file in the Tacoma knowledgebase later today or tonight.
  • Options
    Mathias / steine13 -

Sorry for leaving out the Double Cab part, I apologize. However your attitude and ungreatfulness in unacceptable. All I was trying to do was get everyone some info, I left out a detail in my haste, and you then proceed to give me a hard time because of it. Obviously, you are not the most mature person on this planet.

Your sarcasim is unappreciated.

Sorry for the slight sidetrack everyone else, just had to deal with someone being unrespectful!
  • Options
    biker1biker1 Member Posts: 3
    I couldn't agree more, what an ungreatful jerk.
  • Options
    revitrevit Member Posts: 476
    Sad to see Toyota disappointed on the safety with the new Tacoma as full-length head curtain and front-seat side airbags are OPTIONAL ONLY on the crew cab models.
  • Options
    cedosada1cedosada1 Member Posts: 8
    I was driving on 680N here in Northern California and saw 4 trucks loaded with 05 Tacomas. They were light blue (like the Xrunner pics), Dark blue, Black, White, Red and Burgundy. Every single one of them 4x4 per the mud flaps, mix of DC and Access Cab. No regular cab. Some long some short bed.
  • Options
    southflorida33southflorida33 Member Posts: 7
    I love my Toyota and its getting to that time to replace my truck. I'm leaning to getting a 04 and not the new '05.When the Tacoma first came out, it had problems which Toyota fixed the 2nd year of production. And Toyota use to release their vehicles in Japan and then bring it to the USA. But now its built and released in the USA so its either a '04 or a '06.
  • Options
    If anyone sympathizes with the above post regarding 1st year models and 'problems', I encourage you to read the following article:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/best-worse/home.asp

While once valid, the 1st year 'problem' philosophy is now somewhat out-of-date.

-J
  • Options
    mamajake17mamajake17 Member Posts: 1
    I'm sure this has been posted, but I scrolled a bit, and didn't find it, so here you go. Answers lots of questions, including mpg, payload, lots more. Enjoy the info, know I did! :)
    http://pressroom.toyota.com/presstxt/2005toyotakit/2005_Tacoma_s.- pdf
  • Options
    cedosada1cedosada1 Member Posts: 8
    The V6 motor on the new 05 Tacoma has been on the 4Runner at least since 04. Maybe even earlier. The 245hp 4.0 V6. Just new to Tacoma but old on Toyota. The 2.7L 4 cylinder has been on the 4x4 Tacoma since the mid 90's. So what's tehre to work out? Nothing that can and should be found within the first 36k miles of your warranty.
  • Options
    waltonstrdwaltonstrd Member Posts: 5
    I had put 1k down at the toyota dealer a few months ago to get the first pick of the 05 tacos on the lot. He called me today and said there getting four in about 1 to 2 weeks and three are blue and one is "sand" colored. But only one is going to have the trd off road tow package that i am getting so....I am holding out a little longer I wanted to get a gray or silver color if available. But I still dont know all of the color options.. But anyway it is close and I cant wait. I am also having toyota lift it four inches and probably going to slap on some 33's. that's a dream truck...good luck to everyone else that wants one and is waiting like me...
  • Options
    dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    the 1st couple of trucks that the dealers get are always built out with everything and the kitchen sink, have a little patience and find a dealer/ salesperson that will work with you and get the truck equiped with the options you want
  • Options
    Hey Waltonstrd,

I'm looking for a Blue TRD Off Road with Tow Package. Was it a DoubleCab V6 Auto? You wouldn't happen to be in California would you? ;)

Also, the Toyota Dealer told you they would put a lift on it for you? Do all dealers offer this? Is everything still covered under warranty if Toyota does it?

If so, I was interested in a 3 or 4 inch lift with some bigger tires too.

Thanks for any and all info!
  • Options
    I am in Colorado been there done that in calif. Not that it matters now but one is a double cab I am getting an access cab. Yes all Toyota dealers should defiantly do the lift. And yes it is covered under warranty that is why I am having them do it. I got a Rancho 4+ lift on his 03 jeep Wrangler because I love rancho and it voided the warranty but we didn't want a cheap jeep lift. I seen the lift kit that toy does on an 04 taco extra cab and it is good quality. It may be different in calif because they are more strict on all there policy and laws but defiantly ask. Good luck to you and enjoy your future truck. K-Walton
  • Options
    playswithmudplayswithmud Member Posts: 36
    OK- finally some new posts- and lots of em....
    Pricing- I seem to recall walking around a well equipped D-cab taco about 2 years ago and it was just under 28k. I will not be surprised if the option book can pusch one past the mechanically similar 4Runner and certainly past entry level tundras. Keep in mind- all maufacuters have overlapping pricing between models. And a double cab 4x4 Tundra starts at 30k - try finding one for less than 35 though. Toyota plays the base MSRP game very well, in that you cannot purchase most vehicles as "base" they just dont build them that way for the US. I actually asked to purchase a Base double cab and the dealership said no-not possible. They said they would however consider an offer on the afforementioned D-Cab- I told them what the MSRP was on the Base model... blank faces. Rising-Sun-Motors was willing to sell me a CrewCab Frontier XE in any color I wanted. The part that gets me is that they ask a premium of $3500 for a transfercase and front diff(since thats the only real diff between a Prerunner and 4x4) Looks like I'll be driving my value tundra for just a while longer. Side note- if you look at where Tacos will be built vs they production capabilities of those plants, we can assume the reg cab tacos will come from mexico. Someone correct me if thats wrong.
    Having the Dealership put a lift under the Tacoma.... neat trick- I know I havent seen any companys selling lifts for 05's, nor have I seen any lifted 04 4Runners. While OME does offer front coils for the Prado and something could certainly be engineered quickly- It will still be a little while- we'll see at SEMA how fast the aftermarket can respond. As for maintaining your waranty, unless you have the dealer install parts that say TuRD on tehm, forget it. Big tires put a lot of strain on the powertrain, as do the brackets that come with most lifts.
    1st year problems.... talk to someone who bought one of the first Tundras about their brakes sometime. But the ones on mine are FINE. As for the motor being in use in the 4Runner (and Prado, LC120, and whatever else they call it) these are built with Japanese motors. The 4L is [eventually] supposed to be bilt in the states, so there can be problems here. the 6spd it also brand new. Dont get me wrong, I like technology and new stuff as much as the next guy, but Im also just a little synical. But toyota definitely has the most sringent requirements for their suppliers"...I hate designing stuff for the J..." as opposed to ".... the Koreans will take anything we're willing to ship em" and "Chrysler'll just change the specs if the parts are out[of parameter]"
    V8 Taco- that sounds yummy. Might[when I say might, I have other indicators] happen when the new Tundra launches with a new V8 and surplus production capacity arises for the 4.7 I force.

Mathias- manche wissen wohl deinen humor zu schaetzen
  • Options
    about the strain on engines and everything else from bigger tires. I have a 94 regular cab that I have had 31s on since I got it. I drove it for a week lots of power loss, then got a flowmaster cat back and returned like stock. I also have an http://www.lcengineering.com/ engine, headers etc..etc..in it with everything brand new if anyone is interested and live in Colorado because it's for sale..fast for a four banger. Because I am getting the 05. But anyway I asked earlier and apparently know one knows but I want to know colors...big time I saw a picture of a ""grayish" looking one on this back in August does anyone know where that picture came from. If so please let me know. Thanks and bye..K-
  • Options
    geogeckogeogecko Member Posts: 225
    From what I've heard, it's hard for a car manufacturer to "void" a warranty just because of an after market part. They have to first prove that it was because of that part that something failed. I wouldn't think they could void the warranty on something like say, the brakes becoming defective, and you having a lift kit. Now if you put huge tires on it, and the tranny goes out, they may have a case...
  • Options
    girouxgiroux Member Posts: 2
    I am buying a 05 Taco TRD w/ towing. Anybody out their heard anything about when Canada will be getting the truck. Also what colors are available. Last year with the TRD you could only get black and silver. More choices?
  • Options
    demoncleanerdemoncleaner Member Posts: 82
    The trucks are being shipped now. Dealer here in upstate NY says about 2 weeks till arrival. Price on TRD Sport Double cab long bed was just over 30K, so really not that bad for a loaded up truck. Now if I can just find my short bed D-cab with a 6 spd...
  • Options
    opentacoopentaco Member Posts: 4
    It's still a new 2.7, though - cast-iron with alum. heads, with better hp...
  • Options
    cav3cav3 Member Posts: 14
    Did the price on the TRD Sport Double Cab long bed priced over 30K include 4x4? If not, do you know what the price is for it?
  • Options
    slw0584slw0584 Member Posts: 1
    I've only been watching this board for the last couple of weeks, so this may be a repeat. There are a number of pictures at http://www.toyotaoffroad.com/Articles/Toyota/2005_Tacoma/2005_Tacoma.htm. They show silver, maroon, red, and blue trucks in various configurations.
  • Options
    mrjjgittesmrjjgittes Member Posts: 156
    Wow. $30k? My local ford dealers are selling xlt f150 supercab 4x4's with the 5.4 engine and tow package etc. for under $23k. Now, I'm not looking to start a toyota v. ford war of words here, but $30k for a tacoma disappoints me. Mid-20's maybe. But $30k, not for me, even considering the quality factor.
  • Options
    This bothers me too - even though I haven't seen any ford 4x4's that cheap. Seeing some of the prices that people are throwing around, this is turning out to be an expensive truck for the size.

Sure, my wife drives around in a $30k SUV, but I'm a guy - I drive a truck because I need a UV (utility vehicle). What happens when I have to haul stuff around - it could get scratched! I would be afraid to take it off the road - it could get a dent!

I remember driving my dad's truck through the woods to haul out some firewood. I was 12 and he let me drive. I wasn't very good with a standard and I accidentily hit a tree. I throught my dad was going to be furious. Instead he looked at the dent and said, Don't worry, it's a truck.

A $30k toyota taco? That's a lot of money. I don't think that I would let my son drive something that expensive through the woods.
  • Options
    columbustacocolumbustaco Member Posts: 7
    I was in pretty much the same quandry this year. I saw the full size domestics, such as the Ford XLT Supercab 4X4 with incredible discounts vs. the double cab Taco 4X4 at roughly the same price. I know the comparison between these vehicles isn't a good one based on size, engine, towing, truck bed capacity, etc....but the prices were comparable. And that is where some buyers end up looking....what kind of truck can I get for $XXX. Anyway, I ended up going with the '04 Taco DC 4X4 and have never looked back. I was able to get mine (w/TRD) for $23.8K. I'm only coming up on 5,000 miles, but I love it. It fits my family and lifestyle (not to mention my garage) nicely. The 3.4L V6 is plenmty for me, and now I am glad I didn't get one of the Full Size domestics. Also, I've been getting around 21.5 mpg....I doubt the F150 5.4L can come close. In short, my experience (so far) is that the Toy Taco is every bit the quality vehicle that they say it is....and a little extra $ is worth it...especially if you plan to hang on to it for years.

Good luck.
  • Options
    demoncleanerdemoncleaner Member Posts: 82
    Upstate NY, in Oct no such thing as a 2wd coming in... The 30K was a loaded up Dcab long bed 4x4 TRD Sport package. My guess is that is the approx price ceiling. Relatively speaking, the 4X4 Access cab and D-cabs without all bells and whistles will run around 25K depending on how you load em up. Look at the 05 Dakota, good lord I'm seeeing some at 32K, even ext cabs at 29,500 and the Colorado, 31K, gimme a break! We are speaking MSRP, and suddenly toyota quality doesnt seem so pricey...
  • Options
    purestockpurestock Member Posts: 17
    Several are beginning to show up on autotrader.com. There are 4 with prices: $14950 for Reg. Cab 2WD 4 cyl., $28319 for Xcab, 4WD, V6, and two @ $30321 for DC, 4WD, V6.
  • Options
    csufrockstarcsufrockstar Member Posts: 4
    My neighbor has a new red 05 tacoma dc with sr5 package with v6 engine. I wonder if 05 tacoma are at all dealership now. I live in so cal and I wonder how my neighbor got a hold of one since the release date is not due for another 2 weeks?
  • Options
    Yeah, I can certainly see the $23.5k paid for the 'o4, and probably see about $25k for a new 'o5 dcab 4x4 Taco, but $30k? I still say ouch. Heck, I'm seeing 4x4 yukons and suburbans advertised in so.col. newspapers for $27k these days. You could tow a monster boat, travel trailer, or whatever with one of them. Those things were $40k a few years ago. Again, I am a big fan of toyota quality, but part of the quality equation for me is a good price for what you are getting. $30k for a "compact" (even though its now bigger admittedly) pickup, plus another $3k for TTL, is just too much for me. Guess I'll just wait several months and see how it shakes out.
  • Options
    playswithmudplayswithmud Member Posts: 36
    Here in the D we dont wonder how someone managed to get a vehicle before it was released- people just do.
    30k IS a lot of dough for a midsize truck, when I can drive a Superduty of the lot right now for almost the same money- and no, I dont want an 8000# tank (sure would be nice sometimes though) yes- the competition costs just as much, but if you havent looked, the GM midsizes are selling slower than expected. Can I compare Fords and Toyotas? I can and I do, no matter how much someone overpaid for a windbreaker. You want value, pick up an 04- 9 years of build quality ar a very fair price. Or wait till next year this time and pick up an 05 model tundra.
    Canadian colors..... that brings up a different question- I wonder if they get all the cool option packages again (lots of useful stuff w/o garbage like alloy wheels and god knows what else. Too bad there's no rubber floor option though
  • Options
    jacoddyjacoddy Member Posts: 8
    It was Loaded with TRD double Cab on Black, and it was beautiful truck everybody look on it when it was rolling the street.

how can it be out in New Jersey, I don't get it.
  • Options
    I wonder if any toyota people are reading this forum? If so, I hope they get an earful about prices. A rebate before the end of the year would be nice - say $1,500.

Nice point about the windbreaker ;)
  • Options
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I just calculated that an '05 4x4 Taco with a selling price of $30k, plus $3k TTL, minus $5k down, interest rate of 6% (nat'l avg now), would be $520 per month for five years. It had better be a great truck.
  • Options
    purestockpurestock Member Posts: 17
    This may not be a true apples to apples comparison, but has anyone compared the pricing for the '05 Frontier to the numbers we're seeing on the '05 Tacoma. Nissan has the '05 pricing on their website. From the above figures for the Tacoma, the Frontier will be $7-8,000 less for similar configurations. Don't get me wrong, the Tacoma would be my first choice by a long shoot, but for the difference in price Toyota has some explaining to do before they'll sell me.