Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,367
    What you think is "fair". They charge labor by the hour and that will vary by location. Average is probably about 90.00/hr now.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Posts: 108
    Since you bought the accessories from someplace else, my guess is that the Honda dealers in your area are not going to give you a deal on installation since they got no kick back on the accessories themselves. Just call the 3 or 4 local Honda dealers in your area and ask. It's not like you're in much of a position to negotiate, so you're most likely going to pay the dealer's going rates.

How did you come about these accessories in the first place? Did you buy them with the intention of installing them yourself and changed your mind?

As for the other items, reference Happyowner's post. He listed exactly what he paid for most of those items, and that was the "out the door" pricing.
  • dpynnedpynne Posts: 3
    This prolly belongs in another forum, but real quick - my Baja was a manual, and the clutch was quirky and the throttle back-off was very ON/OFF; I never could get a smooth ride on gear change. No acceleration either. Cabin was too small. Carlike ride on regular roads, firm enough and steady on Forest Service roads. I'm too old for all that; wanted smooth. So far so good with the Ridge.
  • dpynnedpynne Posts: 3
    The dealership in Easley, SC where I paid 29995 (see post #145) is named Hendrick Honda. Nicest people in the world, almost made it pleasant to spend $30K. Apparently there is another dealership with same name in Woodbridge, VA.
  • shortsparkshortspark Posts: 2
    Just made a deal for a silver RTL/moonroof for 30,500. Very nice people to deal with in the E. Texas area, however, I got killed on the trade-in (in my view) so who knows. They will either get it up front or at the back end. They were better overall than anyone else though and gave me free pin stripe as a good will gesture. It is all about the bottom line anyway.
  • glockemglockem Posts: 2
    Just bought my ridgeline last night. I purchased a RTL trim model for $500 over dealer invoice with no negotiating. I just told them that Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA will sell at that price and the manage said "I'll match that". Now I was talking to the manager with price approval, not the salesman. Overall a great buying experience.

Tex
  • bcp1bcp1 Posts: 21
    I must say I really love my Ridgeline and I think I got a fair price at Billy Navarre in
    Lake Charles, La. I looked at 6 different dealers in 4 cities and the following is what I came home with.
    2006 Ridgeline RTL with Moonroof $33,155.00
    Life Style Package includes
    Bed Extender $259.00
    Roof Rack $299.00
    Towing Pack $545.00
    Fog LIghts $357.00
    Running Board$419.00
    Hood Air Deflec$125.00
    Total Parts & Labor $ 2,514.00
    Sales Tax $2,681.12
    License & Title & Doc Fee $ 160.50
    Total Retail Cost $38,510.62

Actual take home cost: $36,355.62
    All my other offers from all the dealers were $1800.00 to $4,000.00 more than what I actually paid for the Ridgeline.
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Posts: 1,640
    I am crying. :cry:

Where is the value in spending $36k on a truck?

I will gladly plop down $26k for an RT, but there still isn't value in the Ridgeline market.

Yet.

John
    Don't cry over someone else's joy.

What isn't a value to you doesn't matter. The poster is happy so why try to rain on his parade?
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Don't rain on a Honda Salespersons profit.
    you are entitled to your opinion, of course.

I wasn't raining on someone else's deal. I was simply lamenting the prospects for my own.

I am in the fortunate position of being able to plop down $36k for a vehicle.

But, I didn't get in that position by habitually buying $36k vehicles.

Fortunately, there are still good options out there. As I didn't buy an Ody 3 years ago when I needed a minivan, I may not buy a Ridgeline either. One of the reasons I didn't get the Ody was the uppity attitude of the local Honda salespeople.

Food for thought.

John
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Posts: 408
    One of the reasons I didn't get the Ody was the uppity attitude of the local Honda salespeople.

I know what you mean. some people make it hard to want to give them your money. I walked out of more than one dealer (not all were Honda) even though I was ready to buy just because they were scum.

I paid MSRP cash out the door for my RT-L moonroof, and we don't regret it for a minute. I am pretty tight with money so it was no easy decision to hand over 35,000, but the RL loosened my grip quickly. IMO there isn't a more functional or versatile vehicle on the road. It may take the same amount of physical time to get to your destination in the RL, but I swear the psychological time is cut in half. It's a joy to drive. I keep waiting for the fun factor of having a new vehicle to wear off, but my pulse still quickens everytime I get in the thing. I've had it for 3 months.
  • squestsquest Posts: 25
    I bought a Billet Silver RL this week in Athens, GA. No moon roof or navagation.
    I paid $24,950 difference, and traded a 1998 GMC Sonoma 3 door, High Rider with 59,000 miles. The dealer added a bed extender to close the deal.
    I visited two Honda delerships (Gainesville, GA and Athens, GA) and was very pleased both salesmen.

I enjoy this forum very much. Thank you all for your input.
    An "uppity attitude" doesn't sell cars or anything else for that matter.

I guess I just can't understand why someone can come to a forum with the happy news that they bought a car at a price that worked for them only to have someone else tell them they paid too much. If that wasn't the intent of your "crying" post I was out of line.
    allright apology accepted.

John
  • vtervter Posts: 4
    I just bought the Silver this week. Love it. Had fender flares, roof rack and the black running boards put on. Had them take off the silver side steps, they looked like someone took a piece of chanel from a welding shop and spray painted em. I want to add the "body side protectors" but am debating weather to get silver or black. Anyone with these options have black body side protectors?
  • To Ridgeline owner, did you purchase the extended warranty on your Ridgeline?
    Any deals or any suggestions will help…. Thanks
  • vtervter Posts: 4
    Yes. I paid $1100.00 for the 6 year 100,000 mile option from my dealer. I think it lists at $1275.00
  • Which dealer? I am in VA and they wanted $1399 for 7 year 70,000 mile.
  • aejkaejk Posts: 3
    i just paid 29,000 for an RTS with running boards. I think the prices are going down and that i could have done better, but couldnt wait. we are on our 2nd odyssey and everything was covered by honda. I think the service departments don't mind billing the manufacturer for things that are not officially recalled.