Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cadillac Escalade

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    quakpac05quakpac05 Member Posts: 2
    i believe its on the bottom half of the door hinge where the door connects to the car look and see if its bent and pending how messed up it is you might have to replace it
  • Options
    editzeditz Member Posts: 4
    I still have the problem with rear door access open message, can't seem to figure it out, had both top and bottom latches checked with torex wrench, still nothing found. Now cruise control works sporadically, never know if it will engage or not. Works fine about 80% of the time, it's the other 20% that's discouraging. Car has approx. 80,000 miles. Appreciate any advice, plan on going South this winter and it would be nice to know the problems are solved, thanks Editz
  • Options
    doodle25doodle25 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade. I was wanting to put a mesh grille kit on and was wondering what type everyone would suggest. Also looking a lambo doors for the front and suicide doors for the back. Any knowledge on where to go for the best would be appreciated.
  • Options
    regrahamregraham Member Posts: 26
    I own an '07 Escalade and have one complaint. The rear window and tailgate gets covered with dust and/or snow depending on what time of year it is driven. On my previous '02 Denali SUV I was able to install a rear air deflector which really minimized this problem. Does anyone know of an aftermarket manufacturer that makes a rear deflector? Something like the "windjammer" style used on Toyota Sequoias or 4-Runners? If an aftermarket manufacturer reads this, I would be willing to give you further ideas or suggestions to build one.
  • Options
    sarac4asarac4a Member Posts: 1
    I have the rear DVD in my 08 Cadillac Escalade but don't know how to get my iPod to work on the rear Aux. Can you explain to me how you make it work?

Thanks!
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    sarac4a,
    I would recommend checking out the Owner Manual (3-89 or pg 253).
    Here it states:
    Using the AUX Display (If Equipped)

If your vehicle has Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE), an AUX screen appears as the SRCE (source) key is pressed. When AUX is selected in the front, the audio from the device plugged into the auxiliary jacks in the rear can be played over the vehicle speakers. Select between AUX and DVD video on the video screen while listening to AUX audio. See Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) System on page 3-95 for more information on the auxiliary jacks. I hope this information helps. If you still need assistance, I would recommend going to the dealer and speaking with the staff. They should be able to assist you in working the AUX feature.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    wspeedwspeed Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    my 202 escalade tran stop going backward but will go forward what is the problem?
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    wspeed,

Apologies, but is your Escalade a 2012 or a 2002? If the former, you would definitely still be under warranty coverage unless you've exceeded 100,000 miles. Let us know!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    dsvdsv Member Posts: 1
    I need advise on this Escalade, it's a 2008 with 78, 000 but the truck is in excellent condition in/out and the dealer is asking $27.900 for it. Would this be a good deal? What issues usullay occur at this mileage if any, I really like the truck but I don't know if it's a good idea to finance a truck with this many miles on it. Thanks for taking your time.
  • Options
    gbs116gbs116 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking into buying a used Escalade but don't want to spend more than $35K-$40K on it. Am I asking for trouble if it already has 50-75K miles on it? Am I better off with under 50K in miles. And should / can I buy any extended warranty?

Thanks for any insight
  • Options
    gbs116gbs116 Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever get any answers? I'm looking at purchasing one as well with over 50K in miles. Any insight would be appreciated
  • Options
    jctitan08jctitan08 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    We bought a 2008 Escalade ESV Luxury AWD in August 2012 with 55K miles on it. Nothing has stranded us (now with 68K miles). Just took it in for new rear brakes, oil, fluid changes (transmission, coolant), and they discovered the driver's side motor mount was broken. We had noticed a "clunk" sound & feel when engine was cold and transitioned from reverse to drive... it would "clunk" into gear after a 1 second delay. It was fixed under the extended warranty we purchased (was told it would have been a $700 fix w/out the warranty). For us, we mitigated our risk and concern for buying a high-cost, used vehicle through purchasing an extended, 3-year warranty, just in case; it's just insurance for your peace of mind if nothing else. It may or may not pay out, but the peace of mind was worth it for us.

The price you are getting, depending on options, seems very good, again, depends on options, base vs platinum trim line, extra paint cost (white diamond tri-coat), 22" wheels, tow package, running boards, etc. All out the door we paid $47K (including purchase price, CA tax/title/license, extended warranty; $40K for the vehicle alone). SO, options and conditions dependent, the price sounds reasonable. I would recommend checking with www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com for approximations on expected values, while keeping in mind, the market drives it's worth depending on availability of the vehicle.

For a short time we thought we were going to sell the vehicle and go back to our previous make/model, and while attempting to sell private party, we noticed that we could not attain the full stated prices on www.kbb.com due to many other options available for less, even at the dealers. Ended up keeping the vehicle.

I would not balk at "only" 78K miles and that price, as long as you do your due diligence and don't get wrapped up in the luxury of it all in the heat of the moment at the dealer.

Hope this isn't too late of a reply for your purchase decision. Good luck!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

If you recently bought a Chevy Tahoe, Cadillac Escalade or a Buick Encore, please email PR@edmunds.com before Saturday, July 12, 2014 to discuss with a reporter.