Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    rainbow11rainbow11 Member Posts: 10
    May I ask you for the selling price to you of the RDX with tech/nav?

Thanks.
  • Options
    mjdvmjdv Member Posts: 14
    Dealership get $3500 cash for selling a car WITHOUT 2.9%?

I thought the Manufacturer to Dealer was only $1500. Does this include the holdback as well? How did you you find out the $3500?
  • Options
    My mistake. I thought you were talking about some dealer incentive/rebate kind of stuff. Rather, you were comparing your purchase price to the MSRP price of $33,000.
  • Options
    suvcurioussuvcurious Member Posts: 8
    Hi! Just wanted to thank everyone on all their opinions/experiences shared on this website. After several months of research & emailing dealerships.... I finally went for the RDX w/Tech.

Lease Payment - $430 incl tax
    Down Payment - $1300 (total out of pkt... incl 1st mo pmt)
    Lease Term - 36mo
    Miles per Year - 10k

Thanks again and good luck to all! :shades:
  • Options
    Just bought for $33,500. Includes everyting except tax, title and registration.
  • Options
    xu100xu100 Member Posts: 2
    Can you share where did you get your deal?
  • Options
    angelina247angelina247 Member Posts: 17
    sorry I haven't been on line for a week and must have missed your question before. The selling price was 33,715 with tech package. That was in April in Southern California.
  • Options
    Hi Rainbow, I just saw your message about your purchase price. You got a great deal. I think if I had waited a few more weeks I could have gotten a better price. I bought just before gas prices went crazy. Now they're probably giving them away. :cry:
  • Options
    qwerty123qwerty123 Member Posts: 3
    anyone in the process of buying/bought RDX in the bay area, I am interested in price and dealer information.
  • Options
    Just got my 2008 RDX Base in NC

$29,500 + tax, title & registration
  • Options
    westindianwestindian Member Posts: 25
    You are indeed correct, they are literally trying to get them off the lot as fast as they can! I just receive a quote for an RDX w/Tech for $31,750 in Chicago area.
  • Options
    mvd1mvd1 Member Posts: 30
    What's the latest word you folks have on 2009 RDX availability? I'm getting mixed messages based on how many 2008's a dealer has in stock. The one's with many 08's say no 2009's until September and ones with low inventories of 08's say the 2009's are already ordered (end of June delivery). I found at another site that Honda has already posted the 2009 RDX Owner's Manual along with the 2009 TSX (already available) and the 2009 Honda Pilot (already available) at:
    https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
    Note the 2009 RDX does have the power passenger seat!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    charlottemancharlotteman Member Posts: 3
    Here is what I was quoted for the tech package:

Price: $33,500.00
    Out the door: $34,973.00

It comes with roof rack, running boards, wheel locks, splash guards, and trunk tray.

I have 5 internet quotes out and will post the best one when I get them all back. My goal is to pay 33,500 out the door.
  • Options
    I paid $33,500 plus tax, but no roof rack, running board. If "out the door" INCLUDES tax, grab it!
  • Options
    Paid 33,900 including TTL. (Included wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray, cargo liner, and cooler bag). 5.6% apr for 60 months. (We have good, but not excellent credit).

We got the carbon color with the black leather.

The nav system and the voice link are amazing. For a true fan of technology, navigation novelties like the garmin just don't cut it. Plus, if you live in the city, the garmin is the number one stolen item from a car. Even if you take the garmin from the dash and put it in the glove compartment, theives can spot the base unit and will break into your car to find the garmin. Sorry, for the rant, just a pet peeve of mine.

We are very happy with this car. Thank you for all your posts. By the way, for all those RDX haters out there, we bought this over the Murano (many features, but most of poor quality), and the Infiniti EX (no room in the back).

Also, I spoke with 6 dealers withing a 2 hrs radius of my city. Then I told them all about my lowest offer. Then I went back and forth with a few that wanted to deal. They salivate when you tell them you are buying today. Anyways, it saved me about two thousand dollars. It was also the last day of the month. Happy hunting!
    :D
  • Options
    mpat45mpat45 Member Posts: 1
    which dealership in the chicago area did you recieve the quote from??
  • Options
    dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    son, you got hosed on the financing. and cooler bag.. you seriously got that? moreover, the best garmin on the market = $500 or less. nav on the RDX is ~$3000. and what happens when you are traveling and have to rent a car and, oh no my nav system is bolted to my RDX back home... wish I had a portable garmin.
  • Options
    In regards to financing, you can either get 2.9% OR 1500 cash back. I opted for the cash back.

Yes, I got the cooler bag for free. I will use it for long trips to carry cold sodas and the like inside the center console.

The invoice for the two options are $30505 for base, $33714 for Tech. I paid 1400 below invoice for a price of 32314, since they are more willing to deal on the tech package. That is a ~2000 dollar difference.

The tech package does not only include navigation. It has navigation, rear view camera, 410 Watt 10 speaker sound system with 8" sub, 6 disc cd changer, voice recoginition for nav, audio, and climate control. It also has some extras that I don't care much about, including zagat ratings, traffic, and GPS controlled climate control. But the real difference is not in the specs, it is in the seamless integration.

When the nav gives directions, it turns down the radio to give directions and turns it back up again. When I get a phone call it turns of the radio and I can answer it on the steering wheel and have the conversation through the car speakers. When the call ends, the radio resumes. When I turn my lights on, the nav screen goes to night mode. All directions come through the car speakers. I don't have to worry about taking my nav out of the car at night. The car looks nicer with a built in nav instead of a mounted nav with wires. The nav is also a much larger size.

So in the end, if all you care about is having a navigation system, you can get a garmin for 200-800 dollars. If you want all of the other features and have them fully integrated, then go for the tech package. :shades:
  • Options
    dcomberdcomber Member Posts: 27
    Just wanted to test drive an RDX w/ Tech and decided to scope out some numbers. Was in the Western Suburbs and got the following:

MSRP: $38,060
    Quoted Price: $35,899
    w/ 1,000 cash incentive: $34,899.95

I never told them how I was paying for the car, just wanted to get to a price before anything. I asked for an additional $1,500 off and they wouldnt budge. I assume they will change the price once I tell them I want to lease.

A few questions:

1. The MSRP seems high...I only asked for the Nav and thats it. They said that it included the AUX cable ($59.00), floormats (like $160), and the clearcoat doorguards ($195). Does the MSRP seem high?

2. Tried to get them down to at least 33,500 and they wouldnt do it. Wondering what I should be paying for this car?

3. They told me that they couldn't give me the best pricing because I didnt disclose how I was paying. I knew that was BS and just focused on the price. Will they change the price on me when I say I want to lease?

4. Finally, my 2005 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/Navi is up 7/26/08. They wouldnt give me enough for a payoff, but they did say that they would take the car and make the last payment because AHFC has a "customer loyalty" program. Does this mean I am free and clear of that lease or am I still responsible for the car besides the fact that they make the last payment and it sits on there lot?

Any advice on a price I should be getting (Chicago) would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    devilpup_vdevilpup_v Member Posts: 3
    hey mjdv sorry it took me so long...

I shopped around and was EXPLICITLY blunt with everyone I talked to and I managed to talk a guy into telling me the low down. I asked around and the dealership gets $3500 incentive from Acura for any sale WITHOUT the special APR, kinda like a bonus. They only get it depending on how you rate them when Honda/Acua Co. calls you and asks for the service. Pleasington Acura in Ca were really great guys no hassle whats so ever he beat everyone hands down!!!

I got the car for $29500 and $31,700 out the door with Ca state tax.
  • Options
    Whats the June 2008 Residual and Money Factor for a 2008 RDX Tech?
  • Options
    lilkrnonelilkrnone Member Posts: 1
    My parents are trying to buy a new car and they can get a Honda CRV EX-L for $26,340 OTR. My parents are a lot older, like in their 70s, and I think they deserve a nice car, but they are worried about the payments. I can get $31,350 OTR for the base RDX. Do you guys think it's worth for my parents to get the RDX, or would they be better of with the CRV. They have excellent credit, so I'm not too worried about them getting a high interest rate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    I think you have to separate what your parents want, from what you want...

Me? I'd rather have an RDX... I'm worth it! ;)

But, in reality, a CR-V would suit me just fine.... cheaper to insure, fuel and maintain.. and has everything I need...

So.. if they are happy with a CR-V, I'd let them be...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Well, I finally pulled the deal on a 2008 RDX with Tech today. Final price (including destination) was 33,429. Looks like I could possibly have gotten it a little lower, but 3 dealerships wouldnt go any further than that number. I went back and forth and even got the official deal sheet (for a lease) printed out for me to use at 2 other dealers which I understand is very rare to get. (used the wife excuse and they bought it). I tried to get it down to 33,000 to no avail. Even had the checkbook out and had the second key to my 2005 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 with Navi on the table so they knew I was dead serious. Walked away from one dealership with $33,000 and they didnt come out to do the deal. After a long day, I settled on the $33,429 as it seemed there was no more bargaining at either place.

A couple things if you plan to buy/lease this car...

1. There is $1,000 rebate for leases and $1,500 for buying it. They didn't disclose the $1,000 rebate for leases, but thank god I found it on Edmunds. Showed it to them and then they bothered to find it at AHFC. If you're going to lease, make sure you get the $1,000 rebate...from my experience, they didnt mention it.

2. The current residual (for 12k miles) is 51% and 53% for 10k miles. The lowest MF is .00082 for super credit which i was able to get. I know these are the numbers because I had the finance manager on speaker phone with AHFC because i initially didnt believe them.

3. Per my experience, dont mention what colours you want on the car. First, ask what they have one the lot in inventory. My sales guy pulled out the inventory and there was a slew of RDX's with Tech on the lot. Made it a little easier to negotiate.

4. Double-check what car they are pricing you on...the dealership I was at was trying to use several RDX's with Tech that had a lot of add on's that were close to $39k. Unless you specifically want the add ons, be sure to mention you just want the base RDX with Tech and nothing else and then discuss pricing.

5. Don't haggle on MSRP. I told them flat out to start at invoice and they did without an issue. Like I said, I wanted to go lower, but when I hit $33,000 all 3 dealerships were allowing me to walk.

Finally (and please understand I am no expert), be prepared with as much info as you can and even bring a laptop with you with an excel lease calculator on it. It was much easier to deal with them since I was able to calculate the same numbers they had. It seemed that when I mentioned the phrases "what is the residual" and "what is the MF" there were no games, just business.

I might not have gotten the best deal out there, but where i was at (Chicago) it seemed to be the lowest available at 3 places. That was with an approximate 2 hours or so for the sales guy to discuss it with the GM.

In either case, this car is fabulous. It drives like a sports car, but has the size for a small family and luxury of an Acura. That turbo charger is something else, i've never seen a 4 cylinder car move like that, but im sure i'll suffer with the MPG's at some point...thank god my commute to work is only 2 miles or so.

If you're in the Chicago area and looking for a good dealership(s) to work with, let me know.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their advice/comments.
  • Options
    Internet Sales Manager
    Napleton Acura/Kia
    Elmhurst, Illinois 60126

Here is his exact written words:

At this time, I am pleased to quote the 2008 Acura RDX Tech at: $31,750.00 plus tax, title, license plates, destination charge and any options you choose to add to the vehicle. This price includes the $1,500.00 factory cash back, in lieu of the special financing. This special internet price is only available throught the internet department, so be sure to ask for me if you call or decide to stop in. I am located in the Acura building.
  • Options
    westindian,

Let me guess, his name is "Ted" right? If so, he's actually a nice guy and there is no haggling, however, he quoted me $32,500. No games at all and he would have sold it to me at that price. The difference was that this figure was based on $1500 incentive if you BUY/FINANCE the car. If you plan to lease, the $1,500 is not applicable, however, there is still a $1,000 incentive for leasing. In my quote, it included the $760 for destination (which your's doesnt and puts you at $32,510 (ten dollars over my quote).

Just so you know, I got them down to $33,429 and wanted $33,000 for the car. They wouldnt budge over $429 dollars and let me walk. Thus, went back to McGrath Acura in Westmont (liked the dealership better) and they matched the deal.

In either case, the money factor is .00082 (with a credit score over 720) which i got and the residual for 12,000 miles is 51%

I have to say despite my issue with the $429, the guy was honest and ready to sell the car at the quoted price. Depending on your purchasing options, I would recommend trying to get the deal lower if you can, but like I said, they wouldn't budge at $33,000 on a lease. It might be different if you buy.

By the way, the car is awesome! I've only had it for a day, but you'll love it! Good Luck :)
  • Options
    I agree with kyfdx...the CR-V is more than suitable and as he pointed out (fuel, insurance, etc.) its cheaper to maintain. I test drove the CR-V (EX-L AWD with Navigation) before I test drove the RDX with Tech and nearly bought it. Just wanted to be fair and test drove the RDX and fell in love with it. If they are looking for a more refined, sportier crossover, then definitely do the RDX, however, I would seriously have them take a look at the CR-V to compare. While the stated fuel for an RDX is premium, I've been told (by current owners) that you don't necessarily need the premium fuel and can settle for mid-grade or regular with a fill up of premium every 3-4 tanks of gas. I was surprised with the RDX and it being a 4 cylinder...that turbo makes all the difference and seemed to have more pickup than my 2005 Accord V6 Coupe.

One item of note, my wife has a 2005 CR-V and it seems like your regular 4 cylinder car. We found out that the 2008 has a five speed transmission which gives it a bit more kick in terms of pickup. In either case, both are great cars and definitely worth purchasing/leasing.
  • Options
    jm577jm577 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I just got offered $30070 for the 2008 base RDX. Should I move forward with this deal? With this price, I'm not allowed to take the special 0.9% financing currently offered for 36 months so I have to find my own financing. Should I try to ask them to give the RDX at the above mentioned price with 0.9% financing? Should I ask for free service at the dealer? Thanks!
  • Options
    At this time, I am pleased to quote the 2008 Acura RDX Tech at: $31,750.00 plus tax, title, license plates, destination charge and any options you choose to add to the vehicle. This price includes the $1,500.00 factory cash back, in lieu of the special financing.

It always drives me nuts when they quote a price that doesn't include destination... Like that's a separate fee that isn't normally part of the price of the car.. ..and... oh yeah.. it's just another $800..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Good guess Dcomber! :-) We'll see how it plays out, I have him checking the numbers with his finance manager and he should be getting back to me tomorrow with the final #s. Just in case they don't work out, do you mind recommending to me who I should see at Acura Westmont? Its a great car! I'm looking forward to getting one, that is if they cut me the same deal. Thanks for the info and I'll be sure to post my results when it finally happens.
    All the best with the new car!
  • Options
    I was just looking over the new specials advertised by this dealorship on their website, and the fine-print for the leases states:

"An extra charge may be imposed at the end of the lease where the lessee's liability 'if any' is based on the difference between the residual value of the leased property and the realized value at the end of the lease term."

Who decides if there is a difference? Isn't the residual value negotiated at the beginning of the lease binding?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    jtsaint72jtsaint72 Member Posts: 9
    Hey Dishwash42,

I thought this forum was for discussing deals and the quality of service. I don't see the point in telling someone they got "hosed" especially when they said they had good but not excellent credit. In addition, most rental car companies offer a portable nav for a couple extra bucks anyway. I simply find it cruel to try and make a person feel like the second largest purchase of their lives turned out to be a bad deal afterall.

Charletteman, you got a killer deal - now go forth and enjoy your RDX and your coolerbag because it is a great little accessory and by all means use that Tech Package daily and to the fullest! ;)
  • Options
    son, this is america. we don't sugar coat our advice.
  • Options
    "An extra charge may be imposed at the end of the lease where the lessee's liability 'if any' is based on the difference between the residual value of the leased property and the realized value at the end of the lease term."

That describes an open-end lease (as opposed to the usual closed-end lease).. Now, you know why the prices are so low... Using an open-end lease for a consumer car purchase borders on the criminal.. Stay far away from this dealer..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jtsaint72jtsaint72 Member Posts: 9
    Well then I would like to invite you to consider the following...

The amount of love and abundance you put out into the world is in direct proportion to the amount of love and abundance you get back.
  • Options
    If you go to McGrath Acura, speak to a sales rep named Sean (I dont want to give his last name per rules of the message board). He was very honest and friendly. There was some haggling, but of course he had to check with his GM in order to secure the pricing. He flat out told me I got a good deal (I had some time aside to discuss the deal outside the realm of the sales gig).

McGrath Acura seems to be a much better shop than Napleton (from what I saw). I was also very impressed with the finance manager (Nick) as he spent over an hour with me to itemize everything I inquired about and had no problem with me verifying his numbers to my calculations. I was able to get the best money factor (.00082 or 2%) and he even showed my credit report and notified me of an error on it. I didn't think he had to do that, but it was a nice touch.

I was very concerned because I was "trading in" my 2005 Accord that was leased and had one payment left. It was my first lease and I didn't know how the process worked in terms of them being able to make full payoff vs. making the final payment and completing the inspection. I was just making sure I didnt get any penalties or fines for doing the payoff route. He went over the process and assured me that I was free and clear of the Accord lease once AHFC received the payoff check in a few days. Everything he said matched what AHFC said.

I would definitely take any negotiated price from Napleton and go to McGrath to compare and possibly get a few hundred off the price. I did this and where most other dealerships get mad, they totally understood. Even another sales rep gave me insight to the car while my rep was busy getting the final price with the GM.

Also, McGrath seemed to have a far larger inventory on their lot(s) than Napleton did. I would use that in your favour.

Let me know how it turns out, but if you do buy/lease, you'll definitely love the car!
  • Options
    it's not about putting out love. this discussion is about getting honest answers. if we wanted love we would be posting on the 'puppy dogs and ice cream' board. but no, we want realistic advice about our rdx purchase.
  • Options
    fooglefoogle Member Posts: 9
    Have you try to get a quote from overstock.com? It seems to give a very good price for both RDX and MDX in Chicago area. I am planning to buy a MDX, but curious if anyone use overstock before. The quote for a 08 RDX tech is $32,729 for any Chicago zip code. This price is including destination charge because the MSRP shown on overtock is $37,410 which is the same MSRP including destination from edmunds. I only got thru the final step (entered my contact info) for a MDX quote, it came back with Napleton as the dealer. So I guess Napleton might be the dealer for the RDX quote too.
  • Options
    rjyoungrjyoung Member Posts: 1
    I just recently got quoted :

$36,371 (including tax, licensing, dest charge) & 1,000 cash incentive
    I wanted to know if this is a decent price. It seems dcomber got a price of $34,899.95 in Chicago. I am trying to talk the dealer down to this price, so i am wondering if this is doable.
  • Options
    rjyoung, I got my final price at $33,429...when I tried to push $33,000 they were willing to let me walk...Not sure how the pricing may be in SoCal, but that's what I got in Chicago...Good Luck :)
  • Options
    I never thought of overstock.com, but like I said in previous posts, 3 dealerships were willing to let me walk when I pushed $33,000. Got mine at $33,429.

Once again, I will say Napleton was upfront, seemed honest, and didn't play any games. I tried the $33,000 and they wouldn't do it. Even tried to putz around before pulling out of their lot and they never tried to bring me back in. Went back to McGrath because the sales rep was honest as well and I told him I would at least come back to see if they would match the price. They did.
  • Options
    Can someone help me with these #s, I have plugged these into 2 (Edmund's and Bankrate) different lease calculators and they still don't come out as high as what the monthly that the dealer is quoting. Am I missing something? This is an Illinois dealor so tax is on the entire price, but I have taken that into consideration and I still come out with $395/month versus the dealor quote of $445/month.

All help is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

(Dealor quote below)

MSRP 37410 INVOICE 34429

SELL: 34429-1000-529 ( BELOW COST)

RESIDUAL 52% 10K PER YEAR (51 FOR 12)

.00082%
    3000 TOTAL CUSTOMER CASH
    COOK TAX
    TAX=2646
    LIC TITL 65+78=143
    25 EVR 150 DOC

RESI=@52=19453

$445 X 36
  • Options
    It looks like your entire $3000 upfront is fees and taxes..

So... to your selling price, you have to add the acquisition fee ($595) and capitalize the first payment ($445).. When you add those to the cap cost, I get right about $446/mo... which is just a dollar off his number....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks Kyfdx! Much appreciated!
    Is there a good site or program that can show me how to accurately calculate the lease payments from the residual, mf, cap cost, msrp and terms? Everytime I plug the #s in they always come out less.

Thanks again though for the confirmation.

All the best!
  • Options
  • Options
    mhgmhg Member Posts: 8
    36 months with 12,000 miles per year
    $3,000 down (everything included in that amount)
    $399 a month

Is the only difference between the 2008 and 2009 the fact that the passenger seat is now electric?
  • Options
    If that is for a new 2008 RDX with Tech pckg I would say that that is a very good deal! Congratulations. Would you mind saying where you got that deal?
  • Options
    If 36,371 includes tax, licensing, etc, then that's a good deal. It's hard to compare prices regionally. They are different. Try to break it down to see what price you're getting before tax, licensing, dest charge. If it's less than $33,715 it's a good deal. Enjoy your car. Except for the gas prices, I'm loving it. :surprise:
  • Options
    Just bought RDX with Tech package + Roof Rack + All Season Mats +Cargo Tray + Wheel locks for 32700 + Tax + DMV Registration. the price includes destination.
    I financed the car with Acura 0.9% financing for 36 months.

If I did not finance, there was room for another $500 discount I think. Based on what I researched so far, he is selling this at a no or very minimal profit.
  • Options
    roadwarior8roadwarior8 Member Posts: 6
    That's the only difference!!