Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Infiniti G35 Problems

Comments

• Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Although it's not on the list, it'll work.

I also have a v3m.
    The only difference between the c and m model is that the m supports MP3 playback.
    Otherwise, it's the same phone.

You shouldn't have any issues with the Bluetooth feature.
  • Options
    bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    I was planning on purchasing the new sport sedan and have been reading about the front grill pitting after very few miles. I've also been reading about the transmission braking on its own during decending hills and during cornering. Quite a number of posts were commenting on the transmission issues which is characteristic of the newer transmission on the sedans. It is very obvious with cruise control on, however it occurs with it off as well. Anyone experiencing these issues?
  • Options
    kring5kring5 Member Posts: 144
    The transmission is not an issue. if you want performance the engine can't go into coasting mode and at the same time be there to provide power. the MPG on the car are in the 20's so do you really car if the car doesn't coast like a buick? it's the same with a MT... the MT doesn't go into a coast when you take your foot off the gas. Not sure why this is being seen by some as an "issue"

The grill is your standard chrome plated plastic, just like ALL the other grilles out there, if you ride someone's azz hard and close on the highway and the front of your car is getting sandblasted... YES you will get pitting on the grille along with damage to the paint on the front of your car. I will say that it's more noticeable then black plastic grilles because of the contrast. But this is not something you should base your car decision on, it just one of those wear-n-tear items.

I have 1000 miles and don't have a single pit, I'm driving 75% highway and in the worst winter conditions... so I don't feel the grille is an issue.
  • Options
    bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    Does anyone have a winter set up or swapped the journey's 17" wheels and tires for the 18" staggered factory setup on the sport sedan? Do they fit? I don't want the 18" and have asked the dealership to swap the 17s from the journey and they have agreed. I am ordering the car and want to make sure the 17s will fit the larger rotors and calipers.
  • Options
    17s do fit.
    TireRack.com recommends the 17" winter wheel/tire setup on the G35s, 225/55-17
  • Options
    chong621chong621 Member Posts: 5
    I have the 07 Infiniti G35, Premium Pkg, & Nav. I've been havng some difficulties with the audio system, perhaps someone can help. First, the 6 disc changer (in trunk) does not (or has a hard time) reading burned cd's. Is there a solution? Second, I am trying to use a 4 gig CF card, but only half of the songs show up (I have almost 4 gigs on it). Is there a cap on the limit to 2 gigs? I called Infiniti, but they didn't know the answers. Thanks for helping. Otherwise, love the car.
  • Options
    im2kleenim2kleen Member Posts: 7
    I know the sound your talking about....lol. I have both a 2004 Nissan 350Z and the G35 I brought this past Dec. Anyway, the makes a noticeable rattling sound during first start and driving at low RPM's but I have never had this problem with my 350Z which I thought had the same engine. I've had the G35 less then 3 months and been back to the dealer three times per engine noise. They say the car might have an oil consumption problem but I told them the thing"> is a LEMON and I'm trading that junk for a BMW 328 coupe.
  • Options
    There is no limit to the size of the CF card.
    There is a file limitation though.
    It can only read the first 512 files.

Some folks carry 2 2GB cards, or rip CDs as one large file... to avoid this limitation.
  • Options
    Thank you Scott! I wish that info was in the manual.

Is is just me, but it it hard to take out the cf card. Maybe my fingers are too big. And what's the best way to copy files onto the cf card? It seems that the files are in order of copy time, rather than alphabetical order.

Thanks again, now I gotta get a 2 gig card.
  • Options
    it is a little difficult, I can't do it with one hand, I have to use both my pointer fingers on each side to pull it out. but I'd rather it was this way then sticking out of the dash, I prefer the way it's sunk in and blends well with the console.

Yes it's by copy order, which I thought was odd and I looked very hard, but I don't believe there's a way to sort.

The only other request I would have, would be that when your playing one song, and you want to browse the CF card, it wouldn't switch songs on you until you hit enter on the highlighted song, right now you can't browse the card because it starts playing whatever song is highlighted.
  • Options
    trudesaitrudesai Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a 2007 G35S and I dont know if its just the roads I am driving on but it seems like the front bumper chips pretty easily. I know its probably due to little pieces of rocks flying up, but should it happen so easily. I live in atlanta, so I dont think the roads are that rough.
  • Options
    It's not the car, it's today's paint.
    I opted for the 3M protective film which will be installed before the car even leaves the dealership. ;)
  • Options
    Haven't heard from anoyone on this. I'm trying to burn my own mixes and play them on the CD changer (in the trunk) of my '07 G35. But it just cycles thru them, and rarely stops to play. It plays commercially made discs fine. Any suggestions? I burned the discs on a mac, wouldn't imagine that that would make a difference on a PC. Thanks!
  • Options
    Some people are having issues with burned CDs in the changer, while they play correctly in the in-dash player.
    Others are having no issues at all.

It's most likely the media you've chosen.
    All I can suggest is trying a different CD brand and see if that helps.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Anyone noticed the accessive noise from the front door glass, around the top corner close to the rear door? I cannot leave my door open if I go faster than 35MPH b/c of the noise.

The notice on the Infinitihelp is for the rear window. I'm not sure if it's the same issue in my case.

By the way, my car was built in Nov. 06.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    "It's not the car, it's today's paint."

Amen.

Bring back real enamel. Anyone else remember Ditzler?
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    I'm pretty sure that the safety manual would advise against driving over 35MPH with the door open...I could be wrong though ;)
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    haha...very funny...I mean I cannot leave my glass window open at speed above 35MPH b/c of the noise. :P
  • Options
    Thanks again for the info Scott.

I've used, TDK and Fuji with no luck... any luck with other brands?
  • Options
    I can ask in the other forums what some of the guys are using....
    Unfortunately, my car is 10 days away, so I can't help you experiment yet :cry:
  • Options
    bucanolebucanole Member Posts: 18
    Well I opened the sunroof for the first time a few days ago and now the molding on the bottom side of the glass and above ceiling is just spilling out. I have push the flaps in to get the sunroof cover to close which is a real pain, but I hate to take my car in and bare the hassle of driving there twice to drop off and pick up.

Anyone else had this same really pathetic problem?
  • Options
    neveroldneverold Member Posts: 4
    There is a service bulletin on the sunroof molding here:

link title">Service Bulletins
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
  • Options
    bucanolebucanole Member Posts: 18
    Thanks Neverold.
  • Options
    Thank for all the help Scott. Any word on what brands work, so far? Good luck on getting your car in 10 days, you'll love it.
  • Options
    wes_888wes_888 Member Posts: 38
    Hey Guys -- I read up on all the problems you guys are having with your 2007 G35's. Sorry to hear about that.

Do you guys think its advisable to purchase the 07 or should I just wait for the 08's?

Are there any 07 G35 owners who are not having problems? I hope you guys outweight the ones with the problems, but im assuming, its mostly the people who are having problems are the ones who are posting.
  • Options
    If you're thinking about a Coupe, definitely wait.
    If you're looking for a Sedan, why not now.

Keep in mind that most people hit these forums to see what type of issues people are having, and to post their own.
    99% of the happy owners don't even know these forums exist.

I've found some other forums, dedicated to the G itself, and everyone is completely in love with the 07 Sedans.
    After seeing this, and then that forum, I jumped on board.
    My 07 is due in within the next few days.

Also keep in mind, the 08 may see a slight increase in price, along with the already reported slight hike in Dest Charge.

There's always something better around the bend, but sooner or later, you just have to say what the heck and pull the trigger.
    I've been shopping since Feb 06 and I'm just now buying. ;)
  • Options
    triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    Ive been in a similar situation. I began my new car search back in oct-06. I was looking at IS250, TL-S and the G35. I even looked at the Accord and civic to settle on an economy car. But after test driving the lux models, I could not settle for an economy car.

it appears that there have not been many real serious issues thus far with the car overall. a few quirks about the trunk and after seeing it for myself, i agree. also some about the scrolling of the songs on the playlist where the song changes as one scrolls to look for another. also some bluetooth issues that you have probably already read. Ohh, and one about the welding on the exhaust note. ;) Most of these, i dont think are deal breakers as the car is one lean powerful machine. At least not for me.I was also wanting to wait till the years end to cash in on either the remaining 07's or buy an 08 model in Dec-2007. but like scott123 has mentioned, I dont think that i can wait any longer. test drive one and you will see what i mean if you havent already. i was looking to buy within the next two weeks but it now seems like it will be within the next 4-6. i just hope that when i am ready, they will have a full stock of inventory and wont have to wait for my car to be delivered. That wait will be unbearable.
  • Options
    dlp3dlp3 Member Posts: 2
    I read your note about only seeing problems posted and not hearing from those who love the car. I have now owned the car for one week. I can say there are no problems and I love the car. Taken friends and family for drives and they are envious. They are now trying to talk their spouses into buying one.

There may be a few quirks that you would rather see function differently like the order of songs on the Music Box but I am willing to accept them and not let any of that bother the great experience I am having. Even when I am stuck in traffic I am enjoying the ride.

It is fun to drive and I look forward to even running errands.

I waited 61 days which felt like a year. Have fun when it comes in.
  • Options
    mlw34mlw34 Member Posts: 4
    I have owned this car for 3 months now. It's awesome. The only 2 issues are the music box controls are not intuitive, and the space between the door and the driver seat is not big enough for people with big hands to change the seat adjustments with the door closed. Besides that the car is a blast and many poeple come to me in parking lots asking about it.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the reply guys. Its appreciated.

I guess if I do decide to go with the G35, I'll purchase an 07. Its reassuring hearing positive things about the car rather than the negative. The last thing I want is to end up with a brand new lemon. lol

I have test driven the car about 3 times now. Its quite impressive to drive. It almost feels like, its a chore to keep it a lower speeds, IT WANTS to be driven hard. I love the way the steering wheel tightens up on hard corners (mind you, it tightens up as well on normal curves & turns just as nicely). Awesome car.

Im not too sure about gas mileage though.. but hey, you gotta feed the beast right?

My problem is, whenever I test drive a car, my mind changes about what car I really want cuz they are all quite nice in their own little way. Ive test driven the BMW 328xi, IS 250AWD, TSX, Audi A4 quattro, etc.

But realibility is INCREDIBLY high in my books, which would discount the BMW and the Audi. Which leaves me with the 3 japanese makes. TSX is quite a fun drive even though its only 200hp and you cant beat the price. My only quirk is the TSX has been around since 04.. hence, old design.

IS is very smooth but.. quite cramped at the back and rear compartment, but lovely design and a very aggressive looking front fascia. And excellent lexus realibility. Not excited about not having HID lights standard though.. what the heck! 40k car and no HID!?? :mad:

Its been close to.. 5-6 months, and I havent quite decided on a car that I truly want. I plan to make the trigger this summer, but until then, everyday, my mind changes as to what I want...

How did you G35 owners finally decide on the G? what was the sellings points vs the other cars?
  • Options
    I was on the IS250(awd)/TL/G35x fence for over a year.
    Test drove all.

Couldn't get over the lack of power in the IS, although I love everything else about the car. If the IS350 offered AWD, I'd already be driving one.

I bought an MDX back in May, 06 and love it.
    They know I'm looking for a 2nd car and kept pushing the TL with great pricing.
    They gave me a loaner 4 times, including the new Type-S for a whole day, but it just didn't do it for me.

The 06 G was never in my scope, but the 07 is amazing.
    After the test drive, my decision was made.
    :blush:

More tech, more power, better handling and in my opinion, the best to look at as well.
    The TL is old and everyone has one.
    The IS, although stunning last year, doesn't catch my eye anymore.
    Also, the IS350 doesn't hold a candle to the G's performance, even if it is a half second faster.

The G just made my mind up for me.

BMW was never in my mind.
    I checked out a 328xi and similarly equipped to my loaded G, was $13,000 more!
    The price + reliability concerns = No way!
  • Options
    yeah I hear ya. I test drove the TL as well, it was nice, but I felt, it was more lux than sporty.

What color did you choose with your G35x?

You must be so excited. I would be if I was expecting the arrival of such a nice car.

I dont know if its just me, but when I first saw the interior of the G35, I wasnt sold. I find.. its an acquired taste. Its quite comfy though when i sat in it and put my hands on the wheel.

I still find the interior of the IS to be nicer. Although, the steering wheel feel of the G35 feels much more sportier than the IS.
  • Options
    I went with a G35x - Blue Slate on Graphite - Premium/Navigation/Technology/Wood Trim packs - Wheel Locks/Splash Guards/Trunk Cargo Net/3M (Hood, Mirror, Fender, Bumper kit)
    I figure, if I'm gonna do it, do it all the way. :D

I agree on the interior of the G, but it's way nicer than it used to be, and really, not that bad.
    WAY more refinement than the TL could offer.
    I drove the x model and really, forgot there was even a back seat. It truly is a "sport" sedan.

The IS... I loved the interior, although very tight... too tight, actually.
    My backseat needs to offer confort for my 4 yr old daughter. :blush:
    And, it's not bullet-proof either.
    Here's a post from today, from a forum I've been hanging in since I fell for the IS a year ago.
    They're talking about auto tranny issues:

My IS 250 AWD has what sounds to be a similar problem. The tranny hunts/slips between 1st and 2nd when slowing during a rolling stop. This combined with dash squeeks, rattles, and pops, occasional odd noises coming from the front end when accelerating from a full stop, and noisy brakes are disappointing for a company that touts "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection".
  • Options
    mlw34mlw34 Member Posts: 4
    Was between the TL/IS350/G35/BM335.
    TL comfortable but old and not that sporty,
    IS pocket rocket but very uncomfotable seats,
    BM very expensive (about 13K more)and low reliability,
    G was the perfect combination sporty and yet comfortable.
    Got the Journey with Premium/nav/Tech. platinum color.
    By the way just noticed today that Consumer Reports made the G35 their top rated upscale sedan.
  • Options
    Cars.com also picked the G as their fav, Best Sports Sedan :D

Cars.com 2007 Best Cars video
  • Options
    Wow you really did go all out. Very nice.

I wish I could do the same. but im already pushing the budget if I do go with a G35x. But im sure it will be worth every penny.

About the IS, I actually read that as well.. squeeky breaks and lots of break dust on the front wheels.

Lately, a blue onyx 07 has been parked right in front of where I work. Talk about eye candy.
  • Options
    Just found out that my car is sitting at the port in NJ.
    It's another weekend without the new toy. :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    OUCHHHH.... :sick:

I feel your pain.
  • Options
    kareem849kareem849 Member Posts: 1
    There is an unsightly 1-2mm gap in both rear door mounted arm rests. Dealership says this is a known issue which can not be remedied. My 2001 Civic had better fit. Anyone else with the same issue ?
  • Options
    I think I also noticed this on my drive from the dealership, I had all windows down mainly the back ones and it sounded like the wind made a rattling noise in the back cabin. I quickly raised them to make sure that there were no problems with the car. I was going over 60 mph so thought the speed may have played a role. Remembered reading this post some time back and here it is. Anyone experiencing this noise when driving with all windows fully down? I will have to try it again at regular speeds to see if it occurs.

If your still around "gooddeal" let us know how your G has been since then.
  • Options
    I get no noise at all with the windows up or down...except for when all windows are down and I'm doing over 50 mph.
    Then, the rear passenger seat belts flaps against the leather seat, and drive me insane. :cry:
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Use some duct tape to hold the belt down :):):):)
    Z
  • Options
    I'm actually thinking about some seatbelt pads (covers) but not the hideous wool ones.
    My friend has some in his 325i, and they look great, add a little more sporty feel to the interior,and are super comfortable.
    If I put them in the back as well, it may help.

Having a hard time finding the ones I want though.
  • Options
    tried different scenarios today. all windows down, only back windows down, only front down, one at a time and no noise. Boy was I happy. did notice that darn seatbelt strap flapping in the wind but no biggie there.

Now,another question, Pat please dont move it to the audio tread :shades: it's a quick one: Can I only change the xm stations through the knob, The wheel switches dont seem to work for the xm.

Thanks for any replies.
  • Options
    Yes, you can scroll through the channels using the right-hand knob.
    I don't know about anyone else, but XM is boring me to death.
    I miss Sirius and I'll have to start thinking about a custom install soon.

Also, anyone else getting color changes on their map with XM traffic?
    Mine does no color changing at all, no matter the traffic, although I'm well within XM's coverage area.
    My "Traffic" icon is Gray, which shows a bad signal to the traffic provider.
    I can go into "Traffic Info" and get details, but nothing on the map ever updates.

So far, I find XM Traffic to be less than spectacular.
    Sirius was always pretty accurate for me.
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    ...............I don't know about anyone else, but XM is boring me to death.
    I miss Sirius and I'll have to start thinking about a custom install soon................

Try to be patient. With the merger of the two in a year or less, it'll probably be just one set of programing, available to both XM and Sirius subscribers.
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    seriously...I wouldn't do anything "custom" for Sirius until the merger shakes out...unless you are just plugging in to the A/V plugs in the arm rest.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    ". . . .it'll probably be just one set of programing, available to both XM and Sirius. . . ."

Well, if you're right (and you may well be), the monthly price will go up, to cover the enhanced content.

What do you think about that? I like XM because I'm used to it. I know nothing about Sirius other than that I don't want to pay more to get it, whether I want to or not.

Should be interesting.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    actually it's going to get cheaper, that's the first announcement they made. Basic service will go down, and for the same price you are paying now, you will get more.. maybe not EVERYTHING, but you will get more.

Don't be surprised if the offer a package for free for life. i.e. 20-30 channels (with commercials) that stream over the air unlocked. That would really kick FM in the [non-permissible content removed], possibly even nail in the coffin for some of the mainstream channels with high overhead.