Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

Comments

• Options
    jveneziajvenezia Member Posts: 85
    So let me get this straight...

Our illustrious Hyundai technicians are being trained using incorrect material. Doesn't say too much about the program. The company is lauded for its top quality yet doesn't pay attention to these somewhat important details.

On the other hand, I have a 2005 Elantra hatchback and haven't had any reason to bring it in for service. Great car...no problems...no repairs. Yeah, I'll stick with 'em. Like glue!
  • Options
    canespiratescanespirates Member Posts: 3
    trying to decide if should act on rebates for 2006 this month or wait. Low end 2006 is all I need as I bought a 2003 for daughter months ago and its fine. looks like could get a 2006 GLS for under 17K. Does anyone think the low end 2007 could be under 20K with rebates? Also gas mileage specs on 2007, low end V6? versus the 2006, 23-25 mpg highway, 17-19 mpg local. Thanks
  • Options
    mike_belknapmike_belknap Member Posts: 378
    You might be able to get an optionless '07 GLS with the 5-speed manual tranny for about $20K at introduction (assuming that the trim is available at first -- something I don't know).

Fuel economy, Highway | City:
    2.7L 185-hp V6 5M 2WD = 25 | 20
    2.7L 185-hp V6 4A 2WD = 26 | 21
    2.7L 185-hp V6 5M AWD = 25 | 20
    2.7L 185-hp V6 4A AWD = 25 | 19
    3.3L 242-hp V6 5A 2WD = 24 | 19
    3.3L 242-hp V6 5A AWD = 24 | 19

Mike
  • Options
    musky1gfmmusky1gfm Member Posts: 36
    Was at Gartner Hyundai in Naperville,Il on Sat 6/10.Their sales rep said they were informed last week they won't receive
    07's till at least 30 days from now.
    That Hynndai wants most of 06's sold before 07 intro.
  • Options
    johnrad80johnrad80 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you everyone for all of the great information. I am definitely considering purchasing a 2007 Santa Fe. From what everyone says, it will be a smart purchase for what one can get for the cost. Hopefully, the price isn't too much more than the 2006 model. :shades:
  • Options
    virgil2virgil2 Member Posts: 6
    You seem to have the prices for the 2007 models. Can you tell me how much more than the 2006 model?

Steph :) ">
  • Options
    eyoeyo Member Posts: 24
    I just find something unpleasant on the car today while I was in the car wash. The sun roof is leaking water. Damn I wasn’t expecting this.
    Actually it’s leaking form two corners farther from the front. I will have to see what they will do with it at the first 1000km service. I hope it’s only a matter of adjustment.
  • Options
    Anyone has heard about the towing hook for the Santa Fe? Is it a bolt on type, or welding must be done?
    I still didn’t see any data about this on the net, if anyone knows something about it please post it here.
    Appreciate the help!
  • Options
    Here are some shots of a GLS (Base) w/4A and Premium + Touring Packages.

Front
    Interior
    Rear

Mike
  • Options
    jveneziajvenezia Member Posts: 85
    Mike, what's that color? The front shot is gorgeous with the "black cherry" color (or whatever), although it changes to a paler color with the sun on it in the rear view.

Still can't get my head around the wood trim in the interior shot. To me, it just doesn't match up too well with the two-tone interior.

Also, is that vehicle in your own shop?

Oh yeah...those crappy OEM tires (BFGoodrich Traction TA Spec?) have gotta' go. I'm seriously interested in the Santa Fe and I'll just go ahead and budget for a new set of sport truck/SUV tires that actually do the vehicle some justice. I figure they'll just be part of the purchase price and they'll be waiting in the garage for the Santa Fe.
  • Options
    In other markets, such as Russia and Italy, the color is called Superior Red and Dark Red (Rosso scuro) -- I'm not sure of the US name.
    As for the interior faux wood trim, I actually do wish a brushed metallic strip or piano black alternative was at least available. I don't know if the SE and Limited will come with the same grain as this GLS, but yeah -- the more choices, the better. The photos are not mine.
    I believe the tires are Bridgestones, actually. I know the 18-inchers are, but I'll have to check on these 16-inchers.

Mike
  • Options
    dickybirddickybird Member Posts: 3
    Hey Mike, it appears that there are more thumb controls on the steering wheel of the O7 over the 06. If true what are they. Thanks
  • Options
    Audio controls:
    Mode, Volume (up/down), Seek (up/down), & Mute.

Cruise controls:
    On/Off, Resume/Accelerate, Coast/Set, & Cancel.

Mike
  • Options
    Why is it different the 07 from 06? I have the 06 and it’s just as you have explained…
  • Options
    Your '06 model is the same generation vehicle (CM) as the US '07 model, so the audio control buttons should be identical - like you said.
    In the US, the '06 model is the last year of the first generation vehicle (SM). Those units do not have any audio controls on the steering wheel.

Mike
  • Options
    reca1reca1 Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone heard when the 2007 Santa fe will be available in the states? I've talked to local dealers & they have not been given a date when they will arrive. At first I heard early June. Now I'm hearing mid July. Anyone else hear anything different?
  • Options
    solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    I stopped at a dealership Sunday [closed] and they still had 42 of the 2006 SantaFe's parked for sale....$5000 off MSRP but still not selling....

I think they will wait until current 06's are sold before bringing in the 07's.
  • Options
    mecca2771mecca2771 Member Posts: 1
    I stopped by two dealers here in NJ - both said the exact same thing. The initial date was 06/01; however, until the '06 models sell, the date has been pushed back to sometime between 07/01 -07/15 AT THE EARLIEST!!

That to me sucks, since comparing the two models is like apples and oranges; the 07 is definitely a better deal with better options. But if anyone wants to get a great deal; both dealers practically begged me to take an '06 off their hands, the '06 might be for you.
  • Options
    kmwilsonkmwilson Member Posts: 17
    I drove 2006 santa fe over the weekend and loved it. I am looking at purchasing a vehicle soon. There is currently good incentives as well as 60 month 0% financing available on the 06. I am debating to make a purchase on the 06 since I could prob get the vehicle for 22,000 or so or wait and see what the 07 looks like. Any advice? I was really not wanting to spend more than 25,000 on a vehicle.
    Thanks,
    Karen
  • Options
    canadianbaylorcanadianbaylor Member Posts: 8
    I've been reading this forum now for over a year. Thanks to all for the invaluable information and insight related to the new Santa Fe. I have located several websites with specific information on the new model but most are mentined in this forum. I did find a brochure off the Hyundai France website of the new vehicle. The european specifications are obviously different from the North American model but it does help visualize what the offerring is. BTW, if anyone has any info on the MSRP or reviews of the car, plase let me know. Thanks again and here is the link:

http://www.hyundai.fr/pdf/santafe2_0603.pdf
  • Options
    guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    And in french too! Thanks!
  • Options
    56bartman56bartman Member Posts: 8
    Will this new vehicle be able to tow and how many pounds is each engine capable of?

Thanks
  • Options
    kingsalmonkingsalmon Member Posts: 97
    Hey karen,

The 2006 SantaFe's have been out for about 5 years so I think it is a safe bet for a reliable car. However, the new 2007 SantaFe's are supposed to be a much better car and much better in terms of technological advancements.

I'm sure you can't go wrong with both of them as all of the Hyundai's on their line up are very reliable and one of the safer vehicles. I have two friends with the 2001-2006 SantaFe's and they love their vehicles.

The only problem my friend has is with his breaks but he drives his car really recklessly and brakes really hard. It's like he needs to let everyone know that he arrived and make a screaching sound when parking or stopping. His previous cars broke down, but the SantaFe's holding up really well considering his abuse. The 2007's will probably be a better vehicle.
  • Options
    Karen,

It really is your call. With dealers frantically trying to move the '06 units off their lots, the current vehicle will definitely cost you less at purchase.

On the other hand, while I'm very pleased with my '02 Santa Fe, there's no doubt in my mind that I personally would go for the '07. With standard stability control, side curtain airbags, much-improved styling and refinement (as well as increased power and fuel economy), the new vehicle is IMO far too superior to pass-up.

If you're still on the fence, one option might be to just wait a few weeks, check-out the '07, and then decide which one you prefer. You will likely be able to get an '07 SE model at or under your price cap.

Mike
  • Options
    Pricing has been released and the vehicles are on their way to dealer lots now. Initial units will mostly be GLS trim w/o the Touring Package.

I'll post back once I have the exact MSRP figures....

Mike
  • Options
    Mike,
    Don't make us wait,if you have some rough figures-give um to us now!
  • Options
    I don't have much at this time -- I should (hopefully!) have everything by tonight. It doesn't look like there'll be many surprises when it comes to price.

Range:
    GLS FWD 5M + no options = ~$21K,
    Limited AWD + all options/pkgs. = ~$33K

Mike
  • Options
    danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    GLS : 2.7 v6 only
    front wheel drive manual $20,945
    all wheel drive manual $22,945
    Front wheel drive auto $22,145
    All wheel drive auto $24,145

Options :
    Premium package sunroof, heated front seats, leather wrapped wheel, auto headlights, trip comp, cargo net, steering wheel audio controls $1,600

Touring package 7 passenger seating, 3rd row climate control, fog lights $1,250

SE 3.3l v6 only
    front wheel drive $23,645
    all wheel drive $25,645

Options:
    Premium package sunroof, heated front seats, pwr driver seat, homelink $1,600
    Ultimate packate premium package plus, reat seat entertainment, 115 volt power outlet, 6 disc cd changer
    Touring package 7 passenger seating, 3rd row climate control

Limited
    front wheel drive $25,945
    all wheel drive $27,945
    options
    Sunroof $950
    Ultimate package same as se model plus sunroof $3,550
    Touring package 3rd row stuff $1200
  • Options
    You da man, Dan!

Thanks!

Mike
  • Options
    I assume that the Touring Pkg. for the SE costs $1200. What of the Ultimate Pkg.?

Mike
  • Options
    danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    Sorry about that, the ultimate pkg is a mere $3,850.
  • Options
    cps2cps2 Member Posts: 4
    I rec'd a call from my dealer, who knows I am waiting for an 07 Limited...He has 2 Santa Fe's allocated for his first arrivals...One is a Limited without the Ultimate Package($3550.00)...he said the sticker was going to be $28,790.00 and I could add a towing package for $350.00...
    I know these will be available in their silver blue and in their shimmery white(do not know their color name)

Also, I was cking financing and found 5.49% through Pentagon Fed Credit Union(beating any bank or credit union around here)
    Any pricing comments from anyone else... : :D
  • Options
    tahoe18tahoe18 Member Posts: 3
    So with a fully loaded Limited AWD, with ultimate and touring packages, it's going to top out at $34,000 MSRP. That's a little on the high side isn't it? I know invoice prices aren't out yet, but I figure roughly there's a $2,000 markup. Even if Hyundai sells it around invoice, that's still about $32,000. I was hoping it would be more like $28,000 fully loaded? Any thoughts so far? Are prices listed on Edmunds or Kelly's yet. Hope to see one soon in the dealership.
  • Options
    tahoe18tahoe18 Member Posts: 3
    The best around here is 6.0% from the credit union.
  • Options
    andynicandynic Member Posts: 1
    Do any of the packages have memory seats?

The training guide at www.hmatraining.com had a page which mentioned memory seats (IMA), but I haven't seen them mentioned in any of the packages yet?

Thanks,

andy
  • Options
    zubinh1zubinh1 Member Posts: 18
    $32k for a loaded limited isnt that much different than a Honda Pilot with DVD. I thought it would top out at $29-$30k. This is kinda disappointing. I'm looking hard at the MDX now instead.
  • Options
    arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    A loaded 2 wheel drive Honda Pilot is $34k vs. $31k for a loaded 2 wheel drive Santa Fe (touring and ultimate package w/ towing). The MDX is going to be at least $38k.
  • Options
    zubinh1zubinh1 Member Posts: 18
    OK, but 10 years from now when I trade in the pilot or mdx, wouldnt the residual value be substantially more than the Santa Fe? Also, we dont know what the Safety rating or reliability of the Santa Fe will be
  • Options
    toasttoast Member Posts: 50
    I agree with you. I've received recent quotes in Arizona for a Honda Pilot EXL for $28,280 ($5,315 off MSRP) and have heard others getting prices as low as $26,871.

I have received quotes for a base MDX at $33,807.

Granted these vehicles will be redesigned soon, but both are highly rated and retain 56-58% of their value over three years where as the Hyundai product will be worth 45% at best.

The safety and depreciation are major drawbacks. Yes they are making strides but are still far below the Toyota, Honda and Nissan products.

For my money the decision is easy - get the Pilot or MDX now and in three years look at a Hyundai when they have had time to prove their reliability and hopefully hold their value a little more.
  • Options
    reca1reca1 Member Posts: 14
    I agree. If the new Santa Fe's are sold at or near M.S.R.P.,a better deal would be the Honda Pilot. Here in the east, they are really slashing prices on the EX. Hyundai might be smart to offer invoice pricing at first to get the ball rolling.
  • Options
    I would say that trade-in value would definitely depend on Hyundai's continued improvement, but based on Hyundai's tremendous improvements in customer satisfaction, overall quality, and safety, I would say that the difference in 10 years would only be proportional to the difference in purchase price. I would say you would definitely see a significant difference in resale if you sold it in 1 or 2 years though.
  • Options
    I can definitely agree with that. People are still too preocupied with Hyundai's reliability to pay those MSRP prices. Also, there are always reliability questions with newly redesigned vehicles.
  • Options
    azera25azera25 Member Posts: 45
  • Options
    azera25azera25 Member Posts: 45
  • Options
    First off,the pricing for a simular eqp'd 06 is pretty close to the 07-MSRP that is.What these dealers will get intially is a question,there are dealerships in my area that will go down to dealer cost,and even a little below.
    Will that be the case here,I doubt it.You want to be the 1st on the block for a 07 S.F.,you'll probably pay top dollar-supply and demand!
    Also will there be cash back offer?The Entourage was being offered with $1000 cash back and $500 loyalty,only a month after it came out.
  • Options
    Just got some good info from a Hyundai training manager at their central district headquarters in Aurora,Il.
    He has a limited awd 07,and caught him outside taking a smoke break with some of his trainees.He let me check out the inside,etc.
    Anyway,he said he's getting 22mpg-overall driving--saw on the odemeter it has 2100 miles.
    Also a peer of his drove a same eqp'd 07 up from Alabama,and got 28 mpg-straight hwy driving,and that's with out the engine being broke in.
    He also said the Touring package-3rd row seat won't be available for several months.
    By the way,the fit and finish looked great.Blue dash board lights look good too.
  • Options
    toasttoast Member Posts: 50
    The press release states "Later this year, Santa Fe adds standard XM satellite radio and optional Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity, with an optional navigation system
    available in 2007."

So the intial version will not even have standard XM radio. The Pilot is looking better all the time.
  • Options
    I'll give you depreciation as a drawback, but I can't give you safety. Hyundai's new vehicles are among the safest in the country.
  • Options
    IMHO, the Pilot could never "look" good. The features and safety are very nice, but the styling of the Pilot is a huge drawback. Sometimes being conservative is not the best approach. Personally, I'm drawn to vehicles like the Chrysler Pacifica, Ford Edge, and Mazda CX-9.