Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Avenger Starting and Stalling Problems

1234568»

Comments

• ian_amparadoian_amparado Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Hi! I'm new to this forum. I have a 97 Avenger that a friend gave me. I installed a new ECM and started runing again but with a few new problems.

1. Stalls when on stoplight.
    2. vibrating hard when on drive
    3. Lagging on acceleration. Feels really heavy.

Heres what ive done so far,

Checked

1. Crankshaft pos sensor
    2. Camshaft pos sensor
    3. Fuel relay
    4. ASD relay

Completed/ Replaced

1. Fuel relay
    2. Full Tune up
    3. Crank pos sensor

Please Help! What should I check next?
  • I've read that it could be the idle sensor. I have the same prob. but haven't tried the sensor yet.
    Let me know if it works for you.
  • Thanks for the suggestion haubels!

I'm gonna check that out and I'll let you know...
  • dpb5dpb5 Posts: 1
    I just want to chime in about my 1995 Avenger. I bought it as a dealer model back in 95. Best car I have ever owned! 110,000 miles to date.! I just had the rocker panels replaced and put a new tailpipe on, only the second time in it's life that I needed to do that! And I live in ERIE PA! In it's 18 year life I've had to do the of course routine maintenance, but even with all that I haven't spent more than $4000 on maintenance in all her 18 years. Just had a small amount of surface body work done and soon will get her repainted for the first time ever! She's my BABY... what can I say? If you want to know more feel free to email me at karaokekingdom@webtv.net or simply reply to this post ... Dave
1234568»