Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Volkswagen TDI Models Prices Paid

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    300 thousand or 3 million miles? either way a lot of miles. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    chicovwsuxchicovwsux Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to share my experience with all -
    Went to Chico VW after shopping all over the Northern California and narrowing down the best price from dealerships who had this vehicle available. Once I had selected Chico VW's offer ($23503 + sales tax, fees) I requested a quote which they sent, along with the 0% finance option.

As you can guess when I arrived from out of state they didn't honor the quote, smugly said there was a mistake. An extremely maddening situation to be sure. Avoid. Shop elsewhere.
  • Options
    ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826

Did they agree to hold a specific vehicle (vin) for you?

• Options
    hercules00hercules00 Member Posts: 134

Also posted in Passat forum.

TDI SE manual black with beige interior with alarm/mats. MSRP $27,675.

Purchase price $24,500 (including destination) + NJ tax + title + $199 dealer fee. I paid $0 down, entire amount (about $26,400) financed at 1.69% for 63 months - they matched and beat the 1.99% my credit union was offering.

Purchased from Valley Motors just north of Baltimore. Experience was excellent. Negotiated over phone/email - very straight forward Took train down to Baltimore from NYC, dealer picked me up from the station and I was out in 45 minutes. Could have been shorter if I had declined the detailed walkthrough of the car.

I was stoked because this was the only manual TDI SE in black/beige in 400 miles of NYC. Not only did I get the exact car I wanted but it was also the best price for any TDI SE.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

• Options
    ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826

All the best with your new Passat TDI !

• Options
    keyofnightkeyofnight Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014

We just bought bought a 2014 Jetta TDI MT with the premium package (no nav.), alarm kit, mats, and the rear lip spoiler…from Volkwagen of Kirkland (here in Washington). The MSRP was $26,645, but we got it for $23,675 + tax/lic. That's $676 lower than the TMV price ($24,321). Awesome. :)

The dealership, however, showed an almost unbearable incompetence. When we let the dealer know what car we wanted, they printed up a final invoice with all of the numbers for us to check. The invoice's numbers were totaled all wrong—the car's price was way higher than MSRP. They reprint the invoice…only this time they were trying to tax us on the price of the car before the trade in—about 400 more in tax. When I pointed out their mistake, but the dealer tried to defend it: "No…this is how we tax on sales, and you're thinking about the way we tax on leases." Ugh. When he realized the mistake (or that I wasn't going to fall for that kind of scam), he reprinted the documents and finally we negotiated a price—23,000 even. We signed on the deal and drove the car home.

When I started thinking about it, I couldn't believe it. $1,321 less the TMV? That's insanely low. (Of course, most people who heard the story said, "I could've gotten a better deal.") The next day, though, the dealership calls to say that some of the paperwork was wrong: they put the wrong VIN on the damned paperwork. We were driving the premium, but we paid for the standard. Of course, that only meant the price wasn't final anymore. They refused to give us the price we settled on, but we argued them down to a pretty low price anyway. I'm still not sure how to feel about it. I feel like I was ripped off—even though I'm sure I wasn't. :/

The day after that, their financing officer called to give us more bad news. The pre-approved Navy Federal Credit Union check we gave them bounced because they put the wrong VIN and dollar amount on the check. Ugh. Now we have to order a new check, take it to them, and hope they don't screw things up again.

All in all, we've almost got a great car at (what we think is) a great price, but ugh. What a pain in the backside. I will likely never go back to VW of Kirkland, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone else.

• Options
    ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858

you know, I belong to NFCU and drive a Jetta with the TDI and 6M transmission. To balance out the equation - in several car purchases spanning 40 years - NFCU has been without peer. (No, I don't work for them; I was a Naval officer for awhile after college tho.) The 2013 JSW has been like my positive NFCU impression. No problemas. Great fuel numbers. Good low end torque. Holds my bicycle and 40 pounds spaniel with room for lots of beer.

No complaints from this sailor.

ez