Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comments

• kliggkligg Posts: 4
    I have a 1994 JGC.....and I seem to have to same problem. Did anyone gave you the answer to your question about exactly how to fix the problem?
  • tloke1tloke1 Posts: 185
    There seems to be a lot of misconceptions on the interior dimensions between the 1999-2004 Grand Cherokees and the new 2005 model.

Front headroom is exactly the same in both generations of vehicles, 39.7".

Rear headroom in the 2005 model is .20" less than before (- approx. 3/16").

Front shoulder room is improved by .20".

Front hip room is improved by about 1", 57.6" vs 56.5

Cargo volume has been reduced, from 72.3" to 67.40".

So overall, the new interior is pretty much equal or less on the new 2005 model.
  • salamonsalamon Posts: 6
    How do the leather seats feel after a couple of hours behind the wheel. We test drove a limited and the seats felt decent for the short time we were in it but we frequently do trips of 3-4 hours so I was hoping someone could share their experience.
  • aljoelaljoel Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Noticed that the newly designed front fascia moulding (with circular fog light holes) leaves the lower end of the radiator hanging out and totally exposed to road (and off road) debris, stones etc. My radoiator is already dented up from such exposure. To me, it's a stupid change and does nothing to enhance the sleek look of the front end. seems like purley a cost saving device.

Since all Grand Cherokee models from 1999-2004 are bascially same body, wondered if anyone knows if the fascia can be economically swtiched back to the earlier 03 design which protects the radiator and has a better uniform fascia grille moulding?
    Thanks,
    Aljoel
  • janzjanz Posts: 129
    I'd swear that the windshield has steeper pitch. Maybe it's an optical illusion. That the head room FEELS shorter.
  • hemiwayhemiway Posts: 3
    I routinely drive my 05 GC 100 miles between Chicago and Milwaukee, staying behind the wheel 2 hours at a time. The seats are very comfortable for that length of time so I don't think you will have any problems. I have adjustable break and gas pedals which also help with seat postioning. The seats are firmer than with previous models but not as hard as what I found in my old 01 Acura MDX or in the Infinity FX.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,955
    "The Commander shares many underbody components with the five-passenger Grand Cherokee from which it was derived, as well as some common sheet metal and styling cues."

Jeep Commander Debuts Next Week in New York (Inside Line)

Steve, Host
  • davidb1davidb1 Posts: 2
    I currently have about 1600 miles on my new fully loaded JGC limited with 5.7 hemi. So far I have averaged 14.2 mgg with about 81% interstate at 70 mph. My best tank is 14.75 mpg while my worst is 13.45 mpg. The trip computer has either been spot on or measures a little low. For 117 K in my 2000 Toyota Tundra V8 4x4 I averaged 16.2 and I averaged 15.0 in my 95 Dodge Ram with 318 V8 before that. I was hoping to average a little better in the much smaller Jeep, but not so far. I am curious how others are doing compared to the EPA ratings. I wouldn't be quite so disappointed if the gas tank was another 5 gallons bigger, but I really dislike having to fill up every 250 miles when I used to be able to go 350 to 400 in my Tundra.

Should I have any hope that the mileage will improve over time? Other than that I have had zero inital problems with my Jeep and I am very happy with it.

Dave B.
  • what kind of gas mileage would a 1999 or newer grand cherokee with a v8 get? i am interested in trading in my expedition for one
  • plymmplymm Posts: 1
    Do you have the QuadraDrive or the QuadraTracII full time 4 wheen drive system?

I've owned a 1993 Grand Wagoneer and a 2001 GC Laredo. The Grand Wagoneer had QuadraDrive and the 2001 GC had QuadraTracII. The QuadraDrive was awesome and works similar to our current Audi Allroad Quattro. The 2001 GC's QuadraTracII was terrible in the snow--the back end swung out frequently. I couldn't use the full time 4 wheel drive on the QuadraTracII--it was only good for dry or wet pavement. Whenever it snowed, I had to put it into part time 4 wheel drive.

I now have the 2005 GC limited with the Hemi, QuadraDriveII and traction/stability control. I find that the QuadraDriveII system does cause the back end to spin out when the stability control is disengaged (the only thing I can conclude is that Jeep changed the QuadraDrive system since the early 1990s). However, the QuadraDriveII along with the stability control works awesome. Better than my Audi and BMW X5. This combo will blow away anything out there. The 4Lo is just a plus--I don't think I'll ever need it.
  • I'm interested in replacing the factory stereo in my '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 6-disc CD changer stereo offered in the 2005 Chrysler 300s (and other new Chrysler vehicles). Is anyone aware of whether or not it is possible to install that stereo into an older model Jeep; if so, what problems might I face and what will be my most effective approach. I like this stereo specifically because its an indash multi-disk changer and has MP3 capability.
  • paulepaule Posts: 382
    My guess is that it will be harder than you think. I recently thought about putting a stereo from a 2005 Caravan in my 98 GC and it was not going to happen. The connectors are completely different. I would guess you would have the same issue with what you are trying.
    Maybe check out www.wkjeeps.com to see if they can help.
  • i was thinking about buying a used 97 laredo with the inline 6 for about 7,000 with 100,000 miles on it. is there a better suv for the money that yall know of?
    I have a '98 with the 6 cyl with 165,000 on it so there's probably a fair amount more mileage left on it.
    Not sure about the $7,000 price tag. That's probably reasonable but I'd check a couple of the used car websites; (kbb.com) for on.
  • cabrellcabrell Posts: 1
    I have a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee that just turned 281,000 miles. It has a 6 cylinder engine that has never been rebuilt, and the transmission has not been rebuilt. I was wondering if Jeep would be interested in this information and if so who to contact?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I know I am certainly impressed!

tidester, host
  • Were you unable to find any connector kits that would work? How about the size of the stereo, did you find that it would easily fit into the cavity of the console?
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Try www.jeep.com... and go to the contact information. I'm sure they would LOVE to hear this information.

-Paul
    The size of the stereo is not a problem. It's the connections on the back side. If there are connector kits available that "retrofit" a newer stereo to an older vehicle, I am not aware of them.
    I'm not positive on this one but I believe there are even different wire harnesses depending on model. Hence the connectors may be different depending on the radio.
    The "highline" vehicles will tend to have a greater number of speakers which also affects the wire harness\connections.
    I believe you also run into issues with the steering wheel mounted radio controls and DVD hookups.
    I'm not saying it's impossible to do this, it's just not simple.