Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• ibaribar Posts: 1
    Hello,
    trying to get some statistics on what a XKR with <20k miles is trading for at dealer-only auctions? Also, have my eyes on this guy specifically... SAJWA4DC4AMB38772. Any help in finding out the trading value would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,527
    probably in the $22k zip code.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

big spread on these. I'm seeing $42k average to $49k above average. And all of those are between 20k and 30k miles.

That particular car (it is on Ebay, in case you didn't know) didn't go through Manheim. Considering it under 10k miles, its probably more toward the $48k end of the spectrum. So $52k-53k should be fair.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,830
    edited February 2013
    I brought my mom's car to the dealer for a repair.
    Now I kind have the itch to look at something new.

Q, can you give a ballpark on the following?

2011 Explorer XLT AWD
    25k miles
    Dark Red
    Pano Roof
    Power Tailgate
    Leather Seats (fronts heated)
    Front/rear climate
    MyFord Touch (+ or - I don't know) ;)
    Thanks
  • Was offered 12,500 for trade-in.

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L
    Green
    44600 miles
    Roof Rack
    Trailer Package
    Sun Roof
    Few cosmetic scratches/rubs on exterior otherwise pretty clean.

Is this a relatively fair offer?

Thanks.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    CCB is the only cure...
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    Body Style: Minivan
    Mileage: 149,400
    Color: Black/Grey
    Major Options: Standard EX-L
    Condition:
    Details of interior: Clean and taken care of. Exterior - well loved, various dings, and dents
    Tires - Within 12 months - 10-15% wear.
    Brakes - Front brakes need to be replaced.
    Maintenance - Spark #2 coil pack melted. Engine head stripped, needs to be repaired. Tip of spark plug missing. Possible fell into piston?

I've gotten everything and more out of this car than I could ever expect. Is there anything I can expect out of this other than a cup of coffee....Thanks!
  • 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe
    Silver over black leather
    67k miles
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    Xenons
    Navigation
    CPO through 10/2013
    1 owner
    At a dealer in the Philly area.

What should my Dad be looking to pay for something like this?
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,948
    sounds nice, but I would never do black leather in a convertible.

Oh, is this an AT? I assume so, but you did not specify.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,673
    sounds nice, but I would never do black leather in a convertible.

It's a coupe.

Oh, is this an AT?

I'd hope not!

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

I missed the coupe part. Just saw the Z4 and assumed it was a convertible.

so I will fall back on my no black leather rule.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,770
    What's the asking price?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

wow, there are alot of these out there. I think about $26k would be safe for the dealer.

For AWD, that's way low. I'd be looking for more like 15k.
    For FWD, that's about right.

edited February 2013
    ?? What do you mean the engine head stripped??
    And what is this about the plug? Is the car running or not?

edited February 2013
    Hmmm... I'm guessing they are asking something like $23,995 or $24,995.

They had maybe $18k in it before certifying. What the warranty is worth is up to you. Personally, I'd have a hard time paying more than $22k, especially considering its not going anywhere until the snow stops.

EDIT: I went searching... is that the Silver one in Devon? That's a manual trans. Definitely no more than $22k. It doesn't necessarily impact the value... until you try to trade it!

edited February 2013
    with a stick, suddenly I want to see it! Too bad I don't work out in Malvern any more (right next to Devon), or I would run over and see it. and good guess on the price, they are asking $24,900

and for something with that little CPO left, quite possible it was previously done. Not sure they would spend the money for another 8 months or so.

I did check out the ad. Pretty cool looking, but with no moonroof, it is off my list.

and for the CPO pretty sure there is 6 year powertrain warranty without that?

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,835
    But, for just a little more, you can have the Z4M coupe with 330 HP... :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I am not a car guy...so this is as best as I can understand it. I did drive the care into the dealership.

Due to some electrical issue the #2 spark plug melted and came up into the coil pack. The tried to remove the cylinder head cover but the bolts were stripped. When they did get it taken apart and were able to remove the melted spark plug they could not find the tip.

I am told the parts that need to be replaced and repaired for this will run me about $1,500. In addition, I was told if the tip "fell" into the piston the damage can be substantial.

So I don't even know if I can say put it back together and let me drive it? That is my monday discussion.

So....I am curious if I say don't fix and it can't be driven if there is any value at all in it. Do I tow it to a dealer and say hey, whats my scrap heap worth?? :sick:
    i am suprised at the CPO, too... but he said 1 owner, so unless its not a 1 owner or unless its been sitting there a LONG time, they obviously did it.

edited February 2013
    wow. That's not good.

So does the $1500 include finding the missing tip? I doubt it. But no way I'd go through all that without pulling the head to make sure its not in there. Would be ridiculous to put it all back together only to destroy the engine be starting it up with that in there.

So, where does that leave you? Not in a good place, I'm afraid.

Any chance you want a new Honda? You could talk to them about trading it as it sits. At this point, if you could get $1k out of them, I'd suggest taking it. A good one is still only worth $2500 on trade.

• I am not going to have the work done. Other than routine maintenance and a replaced transmission at 60k( covered by extended honda care) I have had very little problems with this car. I've gotten 10+ years out of it and I'll replace her.

Just trying to see if I can negotiate any sort of trade in from them on Monday with an offer on a 2013 Ody touring.

Thanks for your insight...
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Posts: 603
    edited February 2013
    Yes the one at Devon Hill. I was going on the dealers word it was 1-owner. It wasn't 1-owner now that I saw the CarFax. Appears to be two owners.

They tried to tell us they were into it for 24 with expenses. I don't buy that but there are not many manual trans Z4 coupes around the Philly area.

Thanks for the input! It seemed high.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,673
    I'd take this 2008 Z4M for sale in TN:

Maybe even add vinyl stripes so it would look like Satch Carlson's "WOADSTER":

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

Burner, looks fast. And I am sure 28FF (And QB) would back me up on this, but around Philly, those wheels/tires might last a week before you were replacing them!

That reminds me. I was reading one of my car magazines last night, and they had an update on one of their LT test cars. Can't remember which one, but I believe it had 20" wheels, and by 20K (in Michigan, so roads like ours) ALL 4 wheels were bent and needed repairing. That IMO is obscene. And a big reason I avoid the real sporty cars around here. I had a tC with 45 series, and drove like an obsessed grandma, and spent most of my time watching for potholes and not traffic!

Tell them the same thing they would tell you if your car was worth 14K but you wanted 16K for it because that is what you owe on it.

doesn't matter what you paid, the market is the market and a car is worth what it is worth.

that was on their Charger. They also talked about a couple of bent wheels on their Audi (before it was stolen!).

I love when they tell me things like that. As someone else said, just as they wouldn't care what you have in your care, neither should you care what they've paid for theirs. If you bought it and tried to trade it tomorrow, you'd still only get 17k for it, regardless of what you paid.

• No question. I'm merely pointing out the hilarity in the statement. We obviously walked - mostly because I don't let anyone buy a new/used car without first consulting with my Edmunds brain trust.

Believe me, its not going anywhere anytime soon - 6spd RWD Coupe on the Philly Main Line in the middle of winter? There is a reason they've had it for over 30 days now.
  • They ended up offering me $1,000 on trade-in. This is better, I was worried I would have to tow the car around on a hitch going dealer to dealer to get a better price for the new car and trade-in. :blush: