Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Technical Service Bulletins

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Sorry, didn't find anything for that type of problem.
  • Options
    alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    I bought a used BelchFire Pedestrian Slayer last week and it ran ok for a while but then the red needle on the gas thing pointed to E and now it wont start so is there a TSB for it?
  • Options
    Yes, there is.
    First, buy a 6 pack, then drink one.
    Work on it for a while, drink another one.
    Make some calls for tech help, drink another one.
    Look on internet for a while, drink another.
    Forget where you were. Go in and finish the 6 pack.
    In the morning, take it to a shop.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. LOL!
  • Options
    That's why I come here, to get the good info. TTYL. LOL
  • Options
    teezeddteezedd Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone have TSB 00900 ENABLING/DISABLING AUTO DOOR LOCK.
    I changed the battery and the locks defaulted to the factory standard.
    Bummer and a pain!
    Thanks
  • Options
    ELECTRICAL
    EL009-00
    Title:
    ENABLING/DISABLING AUTO DOOR LOCK
    Models:
    '00 Avalon
    August 4, 2000
    Introduction
    To clarify the existing procedure for enabling and disabling the Auto Door Lock function on 2000 model year Avalon vehicles, the following procedure has been developed. Refer to Repair Manual RM746-U2, Page BE-86 for previous enabling/disabling procedure.
    Applicable Vehicles
    ^ 2000 model year Avalon
    Clarification Procedure
    To Disable Auto Door Lock:
    1. Enter vehicle and shut all doors.
    2. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn it to the "ON" position (not "ACC".)
    3. Open the driver's door. KEEP OPEN.
    4. Turn the key to the "OFF" position and remove key from the ignition cylinder.
    5. Insert and remove the key into the ignition cylinder 4 times. (You will end this step with the key out of the ignition.)
    6. Push the "UNLOCK" button on the driver's door master switch 5 times within 10 seconds. Wait at least 10 seconds and shut the driver's door.
    7. Verify auto lock operation has been disabled by starting the vehicle, putting the vehicle into a gear and taking your foot off the brake.
    To Enable Auto Door Lock:
    Follow the same sequence as above, except in step 6, push the "LOCK" button on the driver's door master switch 5 times within 10 seconds. Wait at least 10 seconds and shut the driver's door.
  • Options
    teezeddteezedd Member Posts: 8
    Thank you very much.
    I can't imagine why they don't have the info in the owners manual.
  • Options
    jbryantjbryant Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 GMC pickup that has the same problem. I took the truck to the dealer here in Minneapolis and they readily admitted that indeed such a problem does exist. Then they told me that the repair would be approximately $350. I responded with telling them that this is just not acceptable that I should pay for a repair on a defect that GM has known about for at least the past five years. After going to the dealership customer service manager, I finally got them to agree and they fixed my truck today free of charge. In other words..........don't accept no for an answer. Expect to be told no. Get in their face and they will eventually fix your truck.

Jim Bryant
  • Options
    bkean71bkean71 Member Posts: 2
    Your procedure is exactly as stated in TSB EL009-00 but I found it important to make sure all doors were unlocked after entering the car and starting the procedure.
  • Options
    That was TSB EL009-00. :surprise:
    Exactly from the manufacturer.

As for making sure the doors were unlocked, I would have thought that it was a given, beings how it states to open the door and leave it open. :confuse:
  • Options
    airtightgrannyairtightgranny Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking for the detailed TSB on "Instrument Gauge Illumination" for a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L FWD. The tech let me see it on his monitor when I brought my van in (instrumentation lights had cut out), but I wouldn't mind having a copy for myself. Thanks!
  • Options
    These are the only 2 I found on IP illumination problems.

NUMBER: 08-019-02 REV A
    GROUP: Electrical
    DATE: Dec. 6, 2002
    THIS BULLETIN IS BEING PROVIDED IN ADVANCE. THE MDS2 MUST BE OPERATING WITH CIS/ISIS CD2123 OR HIGHER AVAILABLE DECEMBER 23, 2002.
    THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 08-019-02, DATED SEPTEMBER 30, 2002, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES A REVISED NOTE, DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR PROCEDURE.
    SUBJECT:
    Flash: Digital Displays Flicker
    OVERVIEW:
    This bulletin involves reprogramming the Body Control Module (BCM).

MODELS:
    2001 - 2002 (RS) Town & Country/Caravan
    2001 - 2002 (RG) Chrysler Voyager
    NOTE: **THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2001.**
    NOTE: **IF SB 08-19-02 WAS PERFORMED ON A VEHICLE, THE BCM SOFTWARE WAS REVISED TO 04836965AE. THIS MAY RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING ON 2001 AND 2002 VEHICLES: VEHICLE THEFT ALARM (VTA) LAMP INOPERATIVE, VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A (RAS) RADIOS WILL HAVE NO DAYTIME BRIGHTNESS, AND THE BCM MAY NOT POWER DOWN WHEN THE IGNITION KEY IS TURNED OFF. SB 08-019-02 REV. A NEEDS TO BE PERFORMED ON THOSE VEHICLES WHICH WILL REVISE THE BCM SOFTWARE TO 04833855AD.**
    SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
    When the dimmer control wheel is set at maximum brightness, just below the parade mode (daytime brightness) position, the Vacuum Fluorescent (VF) displays for the odometer, transmission range indicator (premium cluster), Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) or overhead console, radio and Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) may flicker between maximum brightness and daytime (parade mode) brightness.
    NOTE: THERE ARE NO BCM FAULT CODES FOR THIS CONDITION.
    DIAGNOSIS:
    **If the customer complaint matches the Symptom/Condition, the vehicle was built before October 1, 2001 (MDH 1001XX), and the BCM software is NOT p/n 04833855AD, OR SB 08-019-02 was previously performed, perform Repair Procedure.**
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

NUMBER: 08-015-04
    GROUP: Electrical
    DATE: April 27, 2004
    THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 08-021-03 DATED JUNE 27, 2003 WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES CORRECTING THE SUBJECT.
    SUBJECT:
    ABS, BRAKE, TRAC OFF and Security/Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Cluster Lamps Illuminated on Vehicles not Equipped with ABS Brakes or **SKIM**.
    OVERVIEW:
    This bulletin involves using the DRBIII(R) to clear the instrument cluster of all learned features instead of replacing the instrument cluster.
    MODELS:
    2001 - 2003 (RS) Town & Country/Caravan/Voyager
    SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
    Vehicles not equipped with ABS brakes may have the ABS, BRAKE, and TRAC OFF lamps illuminated on the instrument cluster or vehicles not equipped with Sentry Key Immobilizer (SKIM) may have the Security/VTA lamp illuminated on the instrument cluster.
    DIAGNOSIS:
    If the condition is present, perform the Repair Procedure.
    EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
    REPAIR PROCEDURE:
    1. Connect a Battery Charger and set as close to 14 volts charge as possible.
    2. Flash reprogram the BCM using the MDS2(R), operating at CD 2121 or higher, and the DRBIII(R) operating at software release level 55.3 or higher. The BCM software must be p/n 04833855AD.
    EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
    NOTE: THE DRBIII(R) MUST BE AT LEVEL 55.0 OR HIGHER AND THE MDS2(R) AT CD 2111 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THE REPROGRAMMING.
    REPAIR PROCEDURE:
    1. Connect the DRBIII(R) to the vehicle diagnostic connector, using cable CH7000.
    2. Turn the ignition key to the ON position (engine off).
    3. From the DRBIII(R) Main Menu, select # 1 - DRBIII(R) Standalone
    4. Select # 1 - 1998 - 2005 Diagnostics
    5. Select # 1 - All
    6. Select # 3 - Body Interior
    7. Select # 2 - Electro/Mech Cluster (MIC)
    8. Select # 9 - Miscellaneous
    9. Select # 1 - Reset Learned Features
    10. Follow the directions on the DRBIII(R) screen.
    11. When the DRBIII(R) returns to the Miscellaneous Menu, select # 2 - Reset Module.
    12. Erase fault codes using the DRBIII(R).
    13. Disconnect the DRBIII(R) from the vehicle.
    14. Verify the ABS, BRAKE, TRAC OFF, and Security lamps are no longer illuminated.
  • Options
    heyhey Member Posts: 3
    Does anybody know where I can see this TSB? Thanks

02-08-64-014 MAY 02 Body/Frame - Outer Door Glass Surface Scratches
  • Options
    joe3891joe3891 Member Posts: 759
    I believe this to a TSB or informational, has to do with GM brake warranty. :)
  • Options
    It is an information service bulletin on proper brake resurfacing procedures and procedure to be approved for warranty work.
    Most of it is paperwork forms for the tech to fill out when performing the resurfacing.
    It is about 15 pages long.
  • Options
    This one is best left to a body shop.
    There is a list of parts to be replaced and some body modification to be done.

File In Section: 08 - Body and Accessories
    Bulletin No.: 02-08-64-014
    Date: May, 2002
    TECHNICAL
    Subject:
    Door Glass Scratches
    (Widen Door Metal Inner/Outer Panel Opening)
    Models:
    1999-2002 Oldsmobile Alero
    1999-2002 Pontiac Grand Am
    Condition
    Some customers may comment that the outer surface glass on one or more of the vehicle's doors is scratched. This condition appears on both the two- and four-door models.
    Cause
    The scratches may be the result of the door metal inner and outer panel opening being too narrow. This allows dirt and debris to become trapped between the outer sealing strip belt molding and the outer window surface.
    Correction
    1999-2001 Models
    Widen the door metal inner to outer window paneling opening and replace the sealing strip outer belt molding.
  • Options
    joe3891joe3891 Member Posts: 759
    Thanks, could you look at the warranty coverage, my dealer and other say brakes 12-12 and other owners say 36-36. I am wondering what the truth is. :confuse:
  • Options
    g85g85 Member Posts: 2
    I have read that TSB's as well as recalls are factors in rating the various vehicles available, however, when one model has approximately 116 (+/- because of repeats) TSB's, how does that compare to other models and makes. Seems to me to be on the very high side of problems. Can anyone shed any light on this or are there comparisons of the number of TSB's issued to compare models from manufacturer to manufacturer? Lastly, do many TSB's necessarily indicate that a buyer should avoid purchasing that vehicle?
  • Options
    unbelievabillunbelievabill Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the darndest time trying to get ahold of technical bulletins for the Ferrari 360. Does anyone know of a source? I know Ferrari issues them, but most of the mainstream technical resources don't list the "exotics."
  • Options
    beth27beth27 Member Posts: 2
    My husbands 03 explorer is making a loud metalic clicking/grinding noise when turning the wheel. I also noticed that the car is out of alignment and is pulling to the right. I plan on bringing it back to Ford to repair, but wanted to get a heads up on this problem.

I was at a drive in the other night and heard the very same noise, my husband laughed and said it sounded like his car, when we turned around to see what kind of car was making the noise it was the same make and model. I am betting others are having the same problem. If so can you help or tell me what is causing the noise?

Also did you get it fixed by Ford? Is there a TSB for the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ericqericq Member Posts: 6
    This is not in response to anything. I ran across a GM service bulletin of Jul 04., #04-06-04-051. Here's the quote- "General Motors is aware that some companies are marketing tools, equiipment and programs to support fuel injector cleaning as a maintenance procedure. General Motors does not endorse, support or acknowledge the need for fuel injector cleaning as a maintenance procedure." How many times have you been told that this should be done, along with something else to fix a problem with your car? I had a guy try to sell me that. Oh, by the way, I met a guy who is/was a service writer at a chevy dealer. Told me that he is paid salary AND COMMISSION. You can fill in the rest.
  • Options
    jocjoc Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1994 Ford Explorer and it uses a "lot" of transmission fluid but we can't find any signs of it on the driveway or whatever. I also have gasoline in the crank-case, what would cause that.
  • Options
    " it uses a "lot" of transmission fluid but we can't find any signs of it on the driveway"

If there's no evidence of ATF in the rad, then the vacuum modulator on the trans is probably leaking. Pull the vacuum hose off, and if there's any ATF in there change the modulator. Make sure the push rod is transferred to the new modulator.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Gasoline in the crankcase is a very VERY bad situation that must be remedied immediately. Hard to say what is causing it, as systems vary car to car, but get it fixed, and don't drive the car very much if at all!
  • Options
    jbolltjbollt Member Posts: 736
    Does anyone here have info on how to get complete text of TSB (or can post the TSB in full) for a 2003 Toyota Highlander? The TSB #S are 01305 (relating to A/C) and 00205 (relating to wind noise.) Thanks
  • Options
    Unable to locate 01305....

NV002-05
    Title:
    DOOR WIND NOISE IMPROVEMENT
    Models:
    '01 - '05 Highlander
    February 10, 2005
    Introduction
    Some vehicles may exhibit wind noise coming from both the front and rear door window glass. The following repair has been developed to improve this condition.
    Applicable Vehicles
    ^ 2001 - 2005 model year Highlander vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change

Involves replacing the door trim molding
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------
  • Options
    govchickengovchicken Member Posts: 2
    I have this same issue with my explorer. what all is involved in changing the modulator? my truck is a 1994 and i don't want to put too much money into it so i like to try things myself once in a while, unless i can really screw things up.
  • Options
    On the right side of the transmission near the rear. Might be difficult to see if the heat shield for the catalytic converter is in the way. Don't forget to transfer the pushrod from the old modulator to the new one. It's referred to as the vacuum diaphragm in this view:

http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/jpg/small/0900823d800bad37.jpg
  • Options
    petethefinnpetethefinn Member Posts: 14
    I have been having problems with my 2002 Dodge Neon from day one with the front end clunking on acceleration. Judging by the title, the TSB mentioned above might address this problem. If somebody can post the contents of the TSB, I will be very grateful.
  • Options
    avemanaveman Member Posts: 122
  • Options
    andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    anyone have any details on this...relates to wind noise / door fix?
  • Options
    hankb3hankb3 Member Posts: 6
    I have been having intermittant starting problems. It will crank over but it doesn't fire. I've tried spraying ether and it still didn't start. Took it in to the dealer and they said that it needed plugs and a fuel filter. I changed these myself. I even got an OBD II reader to try to read the codes. The reader kept saying that there was a link problem. I even unplugged the ECM and checked the connections. Then, after unhooking and reattatching the reader numerous times it got a reading.... it said it passed with no codes. I turned the key over and it started.
    I've been doing some investigations, as far as TSB's go. I found one...03-06-04-012A. Does anyone know what this is for??
    Has anyone else experienced this same problem??? If so, what did you do???
  • Options
    hankb3hankb3 Member Posts: 6
    FINALLY got it back from the dealer!!! Came back as a bad relay (they never told me which one).
  • Options
    mikeyp53mikeyp53 Member Posts: 55
    I had the same problem. At 55,000, speedo went erratic, paid $675 to replace, after 11 months, replcaement speedo failed at 13, 000 miles. Dealer refused to honor warranty. I called owner of dealership and told him we would pull all fleet business if he did not fix. He did fix. Third speedo failed at 89,000 miles, I sold the car. Will never buy another Ford ever! I now own two Jeeps and love them both. Chrysler has beeen excellent to deal with.
  • Options
    mshatnmshatn Member Posts: 1
    I have this code 1811:

I havae 2000 chevy venture it has a harsh shift ( when it shifts it give the car a push forward). this always happens when there is a strange sound (humming, whining I am not sure how to call it) I think it is comming from transmissionn or at least from the drivere side in the front of the car, No sound No harsh shift.

I have changed the filter and fluid newely it is missing little bit than the full, this happens only after drving for a while.

some of them told me there is internal problem in the transmission and the reason why it happens after driving for a while that the transmission gete warm up?
    but last time I drived the car for 6 minutes inside the city no problmes, then I swiched off for 3 hours and the weather was very cold, when I start driving it after these 3 hours of rest it starts that strnge noise with a harsh shifting.

* When it have that noise it will stay even when I sop and shift to the "P" or "N" just pressing on the accelrator will show it.

Sorry for the long message
    your help is very much apperciated
  • Options
    jim83421jim83421 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2003 pontiac vibre gt which has 32000 miles on it and the problem is that it at times floods the engine with gas to where it stalls out I have not been able to find out why has anyone had this problem there is no codes in the computer and after clear flood mode it runs very good untill next time this happens....the dealers have no idea as usual
  • Options
    dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    the first thing I would do is take it to the dealership again and get this problem documented. You are almost out of warranty and if something happens more serious to your engine after 36k miles, at least you have on record that this was an issue before the warranty ran out.

Next, Post this in the Vibe board (if you haven't already).

Take it to a trusted mechanic that can diagnose problems. Anything I can think of would trip the check engine light.
  • Options
    jim83421jim83421 Member Posts: 6
    thank you for responding to this problem on the vibre but it still is having this problem and the dealereship said that it is out of warranty but it is not turning on the check ecgine lite on and no codes in the computer . How do post to the vibre board
  • Options
    The battery light comes on after I start my car. It stays on a fews seconds, goes off, and then usually comes on a second time and goes off. It always goes back off while I'm driving.
    They replaced the alternator, battery and serpentine belt. Still have the problem.
    It's a 2001 Alero 50,000 miles V-6.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Mary
  • Options
    Does anyone know where I can find the details of this TSB?
    The light keeps coming on and I'm wondering if this has any info.

Thanks
    Mary
  • Options
    mitzijmitzij Member Posts: 613
    That bulletin gives updated labor times for replacement of batteries and alternators. It refers technicians away from an old diagnostic worksheet and towards diagnostic charts tailored to each vehicle make.
  • Options
    ub1ub1 Member Posts: 7
    i have a 2005 cobalt. the car is pulling to the left when
    i'm driving. on braking, the car pulls to the left and right and the wheel drops/turns to either side. i had new tires put on for tire cupping and the rim was bent (i didn't do it) and the tire was bad/chord. since then, i am experiencing an hard/high pedal. of course doesn't happen to anyone but me...ride after ride after ride...i have a complaint in with general motors dealer doing nothing if they can't recreate it too and have gone to a 2nd dealer this week same thing. new front struts too. i don't know if i'm in the right forum. they tell me there are no recalls or bulletins but somehome i don't trust either one of them and the more i read...it's frightening.
  • Options
    phillipdphillipd Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 expodition, will not stay cranked 15-20 seconds at atime,shows a theft deterent code,system has been checked,tried another computer also,HELP!!!!
  • Options
    markie3markie3 Member Posts: 4
    I need HELP soon! I have a 2001 Windstar with 75k, spewing oil. The dealers says EGR ports are clogged & seals are bad; also, DPFE sensor and needs major tuneup costing $1200-$1300. Has anyone had this problem? Is there a service bulletin on this problem? Is any of this covered under the environmental warranty? Would appreciate HELP! :(
  • Options
    catmac06catmac06 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2006 Cobalt LT. Just made the first payment. Less than a week after purchase, the ignition started acting up. Since, the car is on its 4 shop visit. Transmission feels like it is slipping, missing when idling, this all started shortly after having the heater/blower replaced. The techs said they may have misprogrammed the computer. This was 2 weeks ago. Daily I am experiencing new problems with the car. IT SEEMS TO BE POSSESSED! Seriously though, This is my first new car and I am at my wits end! The techs treat me like I am ignorant., I know what the car isnt doing.
    Please advise a solution for the technicians to fix my car
    Thanks
    Cat
  • Options
    drmax2drmax2 Member Posts: 3
    HI - I'm looking for the text on Dodge TSB 19-04-03. It shows up on my service record, but I don't know what they did. It happened same day I asked them to deal with Recall C20, which was power steering hose replacement. Thanks.
  • Options
    thunderbird3thunderbird3 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2001 Chrysler town and Country Van...
    It has no dashboard lights..

Would you know what has to be replaced to fix it??

Is it a fuse or a modle ?? Any help you could give me would be wonderful..

We totaled our 1995 Plymouth Voyager and purchased this vehicle to replaced it but I can't drive it at night.

Would you have any infor on this for us??

Thank you Thunderbird3
  • Options
    libby1328libby1328 Member Posts: 1
    I would really appreciate it if someone could post the text of BMW Service Bulletin 130206 dated April 2006. It deals with the nitrogen inflated tires on the 2006 BMW 325I. Thanks!
  • Options
    highlander9highlander9 Member Posts: 4
    I was referred here by your forum, and hope you can help me. I have a '03 Santa Fe which I bought new. I have only put 20,000 miles on the car. My problem is periodically when I am braking, the car slows, then all of the sudden the engine seems to race, as the car picks up speed, and the ABS kicks in as I'm pushing like heck on the brake pedal to stop the vehicle. This is a dangerous problem, but since it doesn't happen every time, the the dealership is stumped. They have driven the vehicle and can't seem to find anything wrong with it.. Is there any TSB's relating to this particular problem?
  • Options
    dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Doesn't seem like much action in this board, you may want to post inthe Hyundai Santa Fe forum.