Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru Crew Photo Gallery

Comments

• Options
    locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    ken, edit all your links if you can and remove the .orig.jpg from the end. even if someone is an imagestation member (like me) they cannot open those links.

~c
  • Options
    goneskiiangoneskiian Member Posts: 381
    Wasn't that the door jamb of the Legacy? It's in the next picture as well. Looks like the latching device to me as I don't see anything higher up on the door to keep it closed. If not, it could just be some reinforcment for side impacts.

Colin - I don't think Ken meant it WAS a B&O stereo, I think he was just comparing the LOOK of the center console to one of their stereos.

You can see that black thingy in front of the rear wheel well on all the subdriven photos as well. No idea what it could be though.

-Ian
  • Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Rats. I missed the Edit window. I'll keep the orig.jpg off for future posts. Sorry about that.

Ken
  • Options
    hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    Here is a link to the album of one winter weary Titan:-)

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    jimmyp1jimmyp1 Member Posts: 640
    my new Fuji Heavy Industries 7 passenger SUV with a boxer with power to all four corners...

http://www.thepearsonhome.com/special_hosting.htm

Jim
  • Options
    p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    Hey with all the wonderful Subie weather we've been having in much of the country, why doesn't somebody post some good shots of their Subies in action?

-Frank P. <who is currently under a winter ice storm warning>
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Nice dog in that first pic. ;-)

No GM clones, please. If I wanted a TrailBlazer I'd go to the Chevy dealer and get $200,000 cash back.

-juice
  • Options
    hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    Nice new ride...
    oh and the Boxer, with power to all fours too ;-)

-Dave
  • Options
    I guess that will make the pain of parting with the legacy that much less.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Looks like first or second weekend in March for me to pickup the legacy. Getting excited about putting in some mods.

SS Lines
    Front WRX Rotors/calipers
    AGX struts
    HR or Eibach Springs
    WRX Seats
    JVC MP3/AM/FM/CD Player
    20% tint
    Exhaust
    WRX IC
    Manual Boost Controller
    Driving Lights
    Rear sway bar

That's about it off the bat I'm sure there will be more though.

-mike
  • Options
    nygregnygreg Member Posts: 1,936
    Some mods?? How about some nice fuzzy dice?

Greg
  • Options
    Those are the "minor" mods that I'd do to it, pretty much any car I own/buy gets the struts, springs, brakes, ss lines sway bars, tint, head unit.

-mike
  • Options
    Q: what type of AWD does it use? The VC from the Highlander, or the new system from the RX330?

I've seen some interior pics but they haven't shown how the seats fold. In fact it looked like they didn't at a glance.

I'd consider it for my next vehicle, even though I'm sure a well equipped AWD model will burst the $30k barrier easily.

-juice
  • Options
    sube555lgtsube555lgt Member Posts: 78
    Black with WRC hat. I was with a bunch of NASIOCers at the Chicago show. :)

<http://www.kr4d.com/~teknisa/Chicago%20Auto%20Show/Ibuki.jpg>

The 3 people to the left with the hat in the back were all in the group I was in. About 9 of us total I think. It was fun. Wish the new Leg had been there, but oh well. Sat in the OB XT. I think the seats totally suck up front, backs are nice. The fronts have no bolstering or anything, but heh, at least they leather is decent quality finally. Other than the seats, overall seems pretty good. Looking forward to seeing the new Legacys come in. Okay, enough ranting/raving for the picture thread.
  • Options
    awesome shot, typical of teknisa.

that's one ugly car tho. :)

~c
  • Options
    Ibuki looks like a pill. No way would that ever replace the Miata in my driveway.

Legacy GT seats are unique, bet you'd like those better.

-juice
  • Options
    sube555lgtsube555lgt Member Posts: 78
    I hate that car too, it was the only one a couple a couple of us were in. From left it's Chad (Fliz), me, Franz (TheFranz), and Aaron's hat (CaddyDaddy) in the background. Also along CaddyDaddy brought a friend, Mick (Slack) and Marisa (Teknisa), as well as Dan (Scobaru) and his friend whose name escapes me at this moment. All NASIOCers. Decent group at least.

It was decent and sorta fun, the trip in and out was an adventure in itself.

Watch for more pics this spring on the back roads of SW Wisconsin in preparation and on the LIZARD RUN - SPRING 04. :D
  • Options
    outback_97outback_97 Member Posts: 130
    ...brought about four feet of new snow to the mountains here in SLC. This winter's totals are approaching 500". On the way back from snowboarding I snapped this:

utahsteve
  • Options
    Beautiful!

I had to cut/past the URL but it was worth it.

-juice
  • Options
    must make for a wet spring.

Greg
  • Options
    toboggantoboggan Member Posts: 283
    Whine, wish we had those conditions around here. All we ski on is man made snow - whine. This is like having ice underneath several inches os groomed "snow." And it really can hurt if you take a bad spill (fallen twice on the right shoulder in one week).

But that OBW sure looks great.

MNSteve
  • Options
    outback_97outback_97 Member Posts: 130
    It's like a different world here now. Sunny and 50's... all the snow in the valley is gone, except for a little snirt in sheltered areas. Wet spring? We'd love that, we've had drought for about 5 years.

MNSteve: I moved here from MN 7 years ago, born and raised there, and the snow is most definitely different here. UT has powder, and lots of it. Very fun to board in... I've never gone anywhere else so I'm a bit spoiled. You should try it out here if you haven't before, you'd like it. You know the snow is good when it's up to your thighs and you almost need a snorkel to breathe as you glide down the mountain. Steep and deep = big grin! I'm not ready for spring yet!

utahsteve
  • Options
    toboggantoboggan Member Posts: 283
    We were out there about 15 years ago. Came out over Christmas break for the kids. It was great. But on the 4th day another skier (shouldn't have been on that run) blind sided me. I sat out the next few days with a badly wrenched knee. No skiing for 6 weeks. During my ski patrol duty days, I sat in the patrol room or ran the snowmobile. Needless to say I've gotten a bit "long in tooth" to ski the bumps. I'm now sticking to the groomed runs to save the knees.

But some day, before I quit skiing I'll try the champane powder again.

But the subie wears Blizzak WS-15's and a Thule ski pod right now. 3 more duty days and the area will close.

MNSteve
  • Options
    That car is in fantastic shape, it must be gut wrenching to part with it.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    It will be here tomorrow evening! With any luck (not sure if the paperwork will be here) I'll have it registered and burning gas by Friday afternoon!!!!!

-mike
  • Options
    like you are getting a beauty Mike, good luck with it, examples like that are few and far between.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    that looks very good and will be isolated from the elements on it's journey to you.

Mike - try keeping all 4 wheels on the ground and wipe that smile of your face! ;-)

-Brian
  • Options
    jimmyp1jimmyp1 Member Posts: 640
    I have a bit of seller's remorse, but I made a decision a while back that Mike was the guy (if he still wanted it) because I want to see what he can do with it. It has a fresh oil change, too, Mike. Forgot about that.

Jim
  • Options
    It will get good use and it'll get some AZP Tweaks :)

-mike
  • Options
    Looks like those WRX wheels will stay on. They looked good on a already great looking car :)

Lets see, here by Thursday night, burning gas by Friday... so Sunday he'll be burning rubber with it at the AutoX.

-Dave
  • Options
    that's a pretty fast site at least at this time of the day, Jim.

damn nice car! daily driver or what, Paisan?

~c
  • Options
    skin13xskin13x Member Posts: 1
    Im looking to add a tow hitch to my legacy to hook up a bike rack to and i was wondering if the draw tite model #36217/36234 will work. It says it is for the legacy wagon and the outback so i was wanting to know if it would be compatable with the standard legacy sedan frame. Below is a link to view the above said hitch.
    http://www.etrailer.com/productdetail.asp?partno=36234&vehicl- - eid=2264&yearfrom=1995&h=e
  • Options
    jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
    Really good job on the video. Smooth panning, little camera shake, no jerky motion. First rate!

The car looked great too.

Jim
  • Options
    It will see it's first auto-x on sunday, hopefully take home a 1st place trophy!

Enhanced Daily Driver is the task for this car...

It'll ferry me to the city and around here,pretty much will be my everyday car.

Enhancements on the block so far:

WRX front calipers
    SS Lines
    Racingbrake.com Slotted/Drilled Rotors
    Hawk HP+ Pads
    Koni Sport Strut Inserts
    Eibach or HR Springs
    Bosal DP
    Cat-back Exhaust
    Sway bars/endlinks/etc
    JVC MP3 Player
    Gauges (Probably VDOs)
    IC
    MBC
    20% Tint
    CB w/K40 Antenna
    Short Shifter if I can find one for it
    HID Driving Lights Hella
    Dual or Triple Hella Trumpet Horns
    Amsoil Drop-in Filter (We are a dealer now)
    Amsoil Synthetic Fluids

That's about it for now.

-mike
  • Options
    <trumpets blow>

We begin the ceremony for the Lifetime Achievement Award for the OCD Club.

As OCD Club Founder I hereby present a Certificate for Lifetime Achievement to Jim in TX for the exemplary care of his Legacy Turbo, which remains in astounding condition despite its age.

<applause>

Bravo Jim.

paisan - you gotta take good care of her, she's spoiled!

skin: I have seen a Draw Tite on an Impreza, but never on a Legacy. Maybe ask in a busier thread?

-juice
  • Options
    jimmyp1atworkjimmyp1atwork Member Posts: 42
    "You like me, you REALLY do like me"

Thank you very much.

Jim
  • Options
    njswamplandsnjswamplands Member Posts: 1,760
    looked like no room....
  • Options
  • Options
    I actually didn't see how he did it. Either very carefully through the door or out a window, not sure. He did hug the right side a little. Apparently that had been quite a trip for those two guys. You can't tell in the video, but the trailer had jackknifed on snow covered roads in Wyoming. The rear end was all twisted up and the rear door was held in place with ratcheting straps. They got a flat in my cul-de-sac and didn't have a lug wrench. My socket set didn't have an adequate 1/2" extension, so we drove very slowly up to the local tire shop to use their air tools. My guess is they headed East at about 5:30 or 6:00 pm. Straight into rush hour traffic all the way through Houston from West to East. Come to think of it, they may STILL be in the greater Houston area! :)

Jim
  • Options
    njswamplandsnjswamplands Member Posts: 1,760
  • Options
    Now I know what he was saying about quite a trip....

-mike
  • Options
    bigelmbigelm Member Posts: 995
    it's beautiful!

I most def need to drive that ;-)
  • Options
    I can't wait til it gets registered tomorrow :)

-mike
  • Options
    bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    The shine is amazing!

-Dennis
  • Options
    Have you driven it yet, Paisan? I'm at work, so don't email my regular address, reply here....I'm dying to know what your first impressions are!

Jim
  • Options
    Don't think he has driven it yet.
    He should be later this afternoon. I believe he is at the DMV or on his way, according to the clock.

-Dave
  • Options
    had the same question about getting out after driving it into the truck. "Enhanced daily driver" LOL.

G
  • Options
    Can't drive it til monday. :( You forgot to sign the Title, so I'll have to bring it back on Monday to the DMV to get it registered. :(

-mike
  • Options
    You can fax a power of attorney the same day.

Happened when I bought the Miata, still got it done the same day.

-juice
This discussion has been closed.