Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Lease Questions - Ask Here

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi again ashleyandersin. If you like the Porsche Cayenne, you definitely should check out the Volkswagen Touareg. They are practically the same vehicle, but the VW is a lot less money. If you were to lease a 2004 Porsche Cayenne through Porsche Credit this month for 3 years with 12,000 miles per, its base lease money factor and residual value should be .00230 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Don't be surprised if the dealer that you are working with tries to mark-up Porsche Credit's base money factor though. Porsche dealers are notorious for doing so. Fortunately, demand for the Cayenne is soft enough that you should be able to get them to lease you one using the base factor if you insist upon them doing so. I am not personally a big fan of any sort of buying services. They usually don't bring anything more to the table than another party that has to profit from your deal. You are better off just comparison shopping on your own and cutting out the middle man.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shoppers / FWI Message Boards
  • Options
    zap100zap100 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at leasing at BMW 330i with Premium, Sport, xenons, and heated seats (My first lease). I am getting initial sales prices in the Atlanta area of around 97% of MSRP, but so far only one dealer has been willing to disclose their money factor via email. I am pre-approved through BMW financial and would hope the MF is locked through that approval, regardless of dealer. Is this true? What else may be driving the differences in monthly payments? The residual? I also see a wide variation in "drive off fees." Some list aquisition fees, some not, some state they are waiving security deposits as well. Is all of this negotiable in your experience? If you would, please let me know your thoughts on monthly payments given what you know of BMW Leasing at this time. Thanks!
  • Options
    Greetings fuzlbutt. Here is the info that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Avant through Audi Financial Services this month for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease money factor and residual value should be .00040 and 56%, respectively. This wagon's base lease money factor would be exactly the same for a 42 month lease, but its residual value would fall to 52%. Using the prices that you provided in your post (MSRP: $35,185 / selling price: $32,000), I come up with 36 month and 42 month zero down, pre-tax monthly payments of right around $363 and $347, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    No problem, mcwenzel. The salesperson who you spoke with was right when they told you that the A4 quattro models have higher residual values than equivalent models without quattro. However, both the 2WD and AWD versions of this car should have exactly the same base money factors. Again, AFS' base money factor for a 36 month lease of both the '04 A4 2.8T Sedan with & without quattro should be .00020. The 36 month / 15k residual values for these cars should be 52% for the non-quattro and 54% for the quattro, with the 12k residuals being 2% higher than that. Good luck in your continuing negotiations and make sure to come back and let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    The wife and I keep going back and forth on what to do about our current vehicle situation. We have a 2002 Ford Escape and a 1996 Honda Civic coupe. We NEED to get rid of the Civic as it's been nothing but a nightmare for the past few years. It sure was nice not having a payment though.

Anyway, we were going to buy a Mazda3 or Mazda6 this month until I saw some pictures from the NAIAS. Then we were going to wait it out, fix up the Civic, and buy an '05 Mustang GT sometime next year. Problem is, we have a 4 month-old at home and the Mustang would be no more practical than the Civic at this point. Plus it would be a first year model, etc., etc..

Here's are latest plan. Sell the Civic on our own and lease a Mazda6, or something else that's fun to drive and has 4-doors, for 3 years. We can then buy the Mustang after the lease has expired and the kid can climb back to the car seat on his own.

We are hoping to get somewhere in the neighborhood of $5000 - $6000 for the Civic (low miles but needs some exhaust and shock work) and use $2000 - $3000 of that for the lease. Will we get screwed at the end of the lease in any way if we follow through with this? Is there anything we should bargain for during the process?

I am open to all suggestions and advice any of you might have to offer on our current situation. Like I said, we've never leased before and I want to go into the showroom with some ammo if I can.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    ashleyandersinashleyandersin Member Posts: 34
    Car_Man,

Thanks for your info regarding the Cayenne Residuals and Money Factors. YOU ARE RIGHT about the Porsche dealer marking up the Money Factor. He asked the money factor I was getting for the 3.0 and when I said .0025 (incorrectly, it is .00225) he quickly replied "same as ours". Now, I find out from you it's .0023...what would I do with you?

I am sitting on a great deal on an X3 and have a couple of days to decide. I know the MF and residual and the dealer took a week to get back to me but when he did the deal was MSRP:$42,395 with my as Price:$39,520 - that's on a BMW X-3 3.0 in stock with a few options. It comes out about 600 above invoice or $2875 off (I've yet to hear of anyone getting this great a quote).

However, because it took the dealer so long to get back to me the V6 Cayene caught my eye and after test driving the X-3's (3.0 and 2.5) and the Cayenne. I prefer the base V6 Cayenne to the optioned X-3 3.0 and the price is similar.

Thanks for the Toureg suggestion and I know the Toureg is similar but because I have a VW now, the VW dealerships have left me disgruntled (over a $256 repair), I am not interested in a VW (though I know it's made by the same people) either that or it could be a function of where I live (Beverly Hills) that makes em opt for the Porsche.

If I get the Cayenne down near the price point of the BMW. I will buy. I could have never got the BMW deal I got without your insight and once again your info will prove invaluable in negotiating the Cayenne. I will let you know the deal I get before I sign on the dotted line!!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,482
    Does the Porsche come with maintenance included? If not, that could be a big difference in monthly cost vs. the BMW. When I had a Porsche, even the most basic maintenance bills would make your heart stop.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for the reminder - I need to check that, I may be back to the the X-3 again :). Also, if anyone need a lease sheet to calculate the X-3 I have one I made in Microsoft Excel with the current Residuals and MF, let me know at aol.
  • Options
    tblazer503tblazer503 Member Posts: 620
    any help here would be appreciated... Got a line on an '04 TSX Non-Navi, MSRP of something like 28k. Including a neg equity of 1700 on my '03 Accord EX(owe 17,6 offering 15,9) they want ~400/mo on a 48mo lease 12k/year from AHFC. I will try to find more information about it if I can find the dang paper thingy. It is a 51%residual, of 13,900 and $500 dp.
  • Options
    is $27,045, unless there are dealer add-ons..

just an fyi

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MSRP $27,045
    Sales price $25,500
    Acquisition fee $600
    Negative equity $1700
    Cap cost $27,800
    Residual 51%
    Down payment 0.00 (ZERO)
    Monthly payment $381.24+tax/mo. 48mo/48K lease
    Due at signing, 1st payment and security deposit
    Just a sample

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    truck56truck56 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the helpful info. I will get you the information that you need for this lease. I am waiting to hear from a Nissan dealer who told me that they would be offering lease incentives for the Murano real soon,(there are none at the present time) if anyone is interested. Thanks Again
  • Options
    luciferlucifer Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car-MAN!!!

I feel comfortable (as much as can be expected during car neg)that I understand and arrived at the same mo payment b4 taxes.

I have learned from you that the mf can be marked up for back end profit but am confused about the residual %.

I have received from two dealers - quotes with two different residual %'s for the same lease length?

One dealer is giving me 51% for 42 months and the other is 53% for 42 months.

non lease question - what were your thoughts on the sale price of 31,500 for Acura TL automatic non nav tl? just curious if I should continue to neg the sale price.

MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INSIGHT!!!

LUCIFER
  • Options
    fuzlbuttfuzlbutt Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Car man! I've been talking to several dealers. One confirmed the M/F of .0002 (was surprised it was "out there"). Was he mistaken in telling me this for the Avant or is your .0004 correct? Both are 1.8T, but is this special rate of .0002 just for the sedan? Also, I would have to order to get the options I want and they claim the M/F can't be locked in. Is this true? Thanks!

So far, they are quoting cap cost near invoice.
  • Options
    mellismellis Member Posts: 150
    Just want to thank you for your help on my 2004 Pacifica. The dealers numbers were exactly the same as yours. I wrote a quick spreadsheet for my PDA that calculated the lease payment and it was within a couple pennies of the dealer #. Easiest deal I ever did.

Thanks again!

Mark
  • Options
    postnobillspostnobills Member Posts: 43
    Hello Car_Man-
    You helped me on my last car acquisition a few years ago, so let's go for round 2!
    This time I'm interested in an Audi A4 Cabriolet - 3.0 Quattro leased for 36 months at 12,000 miles. Also would like data for a 42 month lease with same mileage. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi jfgobraves. AHFC's 12 month 15,000 miles per year residual value for a 2004 Acura TL without navigation is 50%. This residual value would increase to 52% for leases with only 12,000 miles per year. Let's work up a sample lease payment for you and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, using the numbers that you provided in your post, I come up with a pre-tax monthly payment of right around $410. Using the 50% residual value for a 15,000 miles per year lease of this car, the payment would increase to around $423. It is difficult to say why the dealer that you are working with quoted you a higher lease payment for this car. If it is waiving the lease security deposit for this deal, your money factor would be .00010 higher. This would increase the 12k payment to around $415 and the 15k payment to around $428. They also may be including sales tax in the payment that you were quoted. If neither of these things are the case there is always the possibility that your dealer is marking up AHFC's base money factor to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Greetings zap100. I am not all that familiar with BMW's process for locking in lease money factors, however if you have been approved through BMW's Web site to lease the vehicle that you are interested in, this may indeed lock in this car's current lease program, regardless of what dealership you lease it through. I doubt that you have to worry about BMW increasing this car's lease money factor in the next several months. The main thing that you will have to worry about is its residual value. Vehicles' residual values naturally fall as the model year progresses. There is a good chance that this car's residual values will be lower if you take delivery of it several months from now. Lower residual values mean that you will have to pay more depreciation and your monthly lease payment will increase. If you have indeed locked in the current lease program, this should include the residual values and you have nothing to worry about.

At lease signing, BMW Financial Services lessees normally have to pay their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit of that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, and a lease acquisition fee of $525 (slightly higher in some states). The security deposit and acquisition fee are required by BMW FS and individual dealerships have no authority to waive them. BMW FS will usually waive its security deposit requirement for returning lessees though. You may have seen some advertised leases that do not mention the acquisition fee. If this is the case, this likely means that the acquisition fee has likely been added into their vehicles capitalized cost rather than being paid separately.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi baggs32. You definitely have the right idea about selling your Civic on your own. Consumers who sell their vehicles privately usually are able to get more money for them than consumers who trade equivalent models in. Having said this, I definitely would not use any of the proceeds from the sale of the Honda Civic as a down payment on your next lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. I say this for two main reasons. The first is if your leased vehicle is stolen and never recovered or is totaled in an accident during your lease term, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So let's say that you like your leased Mazda6 so much that you decide to purchase it at the end of your term. Its lease-end purchase price would be exactly the same regardless of whether you had put $3,000 down or had put absolutely nothing down at all. If you really want to lower your monthly payments, you are better off keeping the money that you get from selling your Civic that you would have put down in the bank and using it to supplement your monthly lease payments.

When negotiating your deal on the vehicle that you want to lease remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You should be able to get a good idea of what this car is going for at this time by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to pay a visit to the following discussion to see what other community members have paid for similar cars lately: kragilan "Mazda6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" Jan 8, 2003 4:14pm. Before seriously negotiating with any dealers you also want to make sure to find out what the current lease program is like for the model that you want prior to discussing monthly payments with any dealers. I am usually able to give consumers and idea of what the current money factor and residual value should be like on the model that they want if they tell me the exact trim level that they are considering, how long they want to lease it for, and how many miles per year they need to be able to drive it. There is a great article here at Edmunds.com that has a ton of information on leasing. You may want to check it out: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    No problem, ashleyandersin. It certainly sounds as though you have negotiated an attractive deal on the X3. Make sure to let us all know what you end up doing.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're very welcome, truck56. Let me know when you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're welcome lucifer. Individual dealers have no authority to alter banks' residual values. If they were quoting you leases through the same bank, I am not sure why one dealer's residual values would be higher than the others. Most likely, one of the people who you spoke with got confused and quoted you a residual value for a lease with the wrong mileage allowance. I am not sure what the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the Acura TL that you are considering are so it is difficult for me to give you my opinion of the price that you were quoted. However, I can tell you that there is a tremendous supply of TLs in most of the country and you should be able to get one for a few hundred dollars over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks Car_man!

Negotiating shouldn't be too difficult as I do qualify for Mazda's S-Plan discount and can save $1500-$2000 on a Mazda6 right off the bat.

If you could please provide me with the current money factor and residual value (specs are below) I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again for your help!

Vehicle Specs:
    2004 Mazda Mazda6s
    3.0L V6
    5-speed manual tranny
    Bose audio pkg
    SAB/SAC
    ABS/TC (standard on s trim)
    Moonroof
    Sport pkg with spoiler (includes 17" wheels)
    Leather seats
    Luxury pkg

Let me know if you need anything else.
  • Options
    You're welcome, fuzlbutt. I believe that the information that I provided you with earlier is correct, all 2004 Audi A4 sedans have a base money factor of .00020 and all 2004 Audi A4 Avant models have a base factor of .00040 for the term that you are interested in. Many manufacturers, like BMW, do allow consumers to lock-in lease programs on ordered vehicles. I do know that Audi Financial Services will honor its current lease program on credit applications that are approved within the program period for 30 days, but I don't know if AFS will allow consumers to lock in rates for longer than that and an ordered vehicle will take longer than 30 days to come in. If you are able to lease an A4 at invoice, you are doing pretty well in your negotiations. Good luck and let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're very welcome, Mark. I am glad to hear that everything worked out so well for you. Thank you for taking the time to come back and let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Welcome back postnobills. You're making me feel old :). Let's take a look at the current lease program for the car that you are interested in. According to the latest informaiton that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2004 Audi A4 3.0 Cabriolet with quattro through Audi Financial Services this month for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease money factor and residual value should be .00150 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease of this car should be .00150 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    No problem, baggs32. I'm glad to hear that you qualify for Mazda's supplier purchase program. That will make your negotiations a breeze. Here is the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2004 Mazda Mazda6s without the California / NE States emission equipment through Mazda's captive finance company this month for 3 years with 15,000 miles per, its base lease money factor and residual value should be .00014 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks again! I used your info and came up with a much different number than what I was getting before while guessing.

You deserve a medal!!! (Does Edmunds give those out? ;) )
  • Options
    billwfriendbillwfriend Member Posts: 44
    How much should I expect to pay for a 24 or 36 month lease on a new Ford Focus SE Wagon with no $ down?
  • Options
    siteexpertsiteexpert Member Posts: 27
    Car man,

I am getting close (or at least running out of time on my current lease) to make a decision :-).

36month/ 12K a year for:
    Mercedes C320 (all wheel drive and non all wheel drive versions if there is a difference)

Thanks,
    Scott
  • Options
    fuzlbuttfuzlbutt Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for update. I'll let you know how it comes out.
  • Options
    dpriwindpriwin Member Posts: 12
    CarMan,

Thanks for such a valuable service. I am in the market to lease a 2004 Lexus GX 470, basic package (no NAV, no DVD, no Entertainment). Can you provide money factor and residuals for:
    a) 15,000 mi/yr and a 36 mo lease
    b) 12,000 mi/yr and a 36 mo lease

Finally, a rookie question. Should residuals be calculated off the MSRP or off the price I pay?

Thanks again
  • Options
    I know Porsche Credit's base lease money factor and residual value should be .00230 and 56%, for 36 months on the Cayenne but Car_Man do you know of any other fees like say for instance the acquistion fee like the $525 BMW has.. I don't want to go on in and negotiate this and be hit and overcharged on fees.

Since you told me they are notorious for marking up money factors makes me wonder what else they will pad!

I know the price margin between the invoice and the MSRP I want is hefty ($4600). I don't even know where to begin with a fair price but I at least want to know all the fees involved. My price quotes have been around 2K off those models that are lightly optioned.
  • Options
    nymesisnymesis Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car Man,

I will be leasing a Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT). I have negotiated the price down to invoice price but I am in need of the money factor rates for this vehicle.

It has these options:
    Premium Package
    Carpeted floor mats
    Cargo Area protector
    Sunroof wind deflector

I will be leasing for 60 months at 12000 miles per year. Could you please provide me with the current money factor and residual value on this vehicle?

I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    ch7656ch7656 Member Posts: 22
    Car Man-
    Thanks so much for all the info you share been observing here for a while and the info you provide invaluable

Looking for the same basic lease info albeit for two different vehicels (one my wife is favoring and one I'm leaning towards...we'll see who wins)

2004 Ford Excursion EB 4x4 V10 Gas & a 2004 Range Rover. I have a lease calculator and I'm looking for the base money factors and residuals for each vehicle. Please assume top-tier credit and a 48 month lease with 15k

Thanks again...
  • Options
    nymesisnymesis Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car Man,

I will be leasing a Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT). I have negotiated the price down to invoice price but I am in need of the money factor rates for this vehicle.

It has these options:
    Premium Package
    Carpeted floor mats
    Cargo Area protector
    Sunroof wind deflector

I will be leasing for 60 months at 12000 miles per year. Could you please provide me with the current money factor and residual value on this vehicle?

I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    This might be a dumb question, but does a manufacturer cash rebate apply to a lease too? I can't see where it does or does not in the fine print. More specifically the $1500 rebate on a 2004 Mazda6s.

I'm assuming it's factored into the residual value and can only then assume that it should be subtracted from the lease price as well.
  • Options
    jayivyjayivy Member Posts: 19
    Dear Car Man,

I interested in leasing a 2004 G35 Coupe w/leather and the following options: Premium package, aero package, and sport package. I want a 48 month lease with 15K or 18K miles per year. What type of payment would I be looking at with a mid 600 credit score?

Thanks,
  • Options
    jayivyjayivy Member Posts: 19
    Car Man,

I forgot to say. I'm trading in a car worth approximately $2500. Sorry!!!
  • Options
    What do we think about third party leasing companies that arrange your lease financing like leasecompare.com? I know you can buy your own car or get a quote from them on a car but mainly they provide financing options.

Is it a good idea to get preapproved by their financing before going to the dealer? (I know everytime you get pre-approved it reduces your credit score a small amount.)
  • Options
    No problem, baggs32. Vehicles' money factors and residual values definitely are difficult to guess. I've never received any sort of Edmunds.com medal, but I would be more than happy to substitute a new, or even a used if I must, Ferrari for one :).

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello billwfriend. It is difficult for me to estimate how much it will cost you to lease the wagon that you are interested in without knowing its full MSRP and selling price. For now, I will run a sample lease payment for you on a base 2004 Ford Focus SE Wagon without any additional options. This vehicle has a full MSRP of $17,915 including destination. Let's assume that you can lease one for $200 over its invoice price of $16,755 (your price may vary depending upon what sort of deal you negotiate). This gives a capitalized cost of $16,755 + $200 - Ford's $1,500 lease cash (I believe that this is how much for is offering on this model in your area) = $15,455. According to my calculations, if you were to lease this vehicle through Ford Motor Credit this month for 3 years with 15,000 miles per, your zero down, pre-tax monthly lease payment should be around $287. This car's 2 year lease payment would increase to around $357. One of the reasons why this wagon is so expensive to lease is that most Ford models have terrible residual values. This forces the lessees of these models to pay a lot of depreciation.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    So you're going to finally be forced to make a decision, huh Scott :). I know the feeling. So many nice cars, so little space in the driveway :). OK, let's take a look at the lease program for the latest model that you are considering. According to the most recent info that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2004 Mercedes-Benz C320 Sedan 2WD through Mercedes-Benz Credit Corp. this month for 3 years with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease money factor and residual value should be .00190 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of this car with AWD should be .00205 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're very welcome, fuzlbutt.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    No problem, dpriwin. I do not believe that Lexus is providing any sort of lease support on the 2004 GX 470 at this time. If this is the case, and you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services, you would have to use its base standard lease money factor, which is .00200 for any length lease in your neck of the woods. The 3 year, 15,000 miles per year residual value for a 2004 GX 470 without navigation and without the rear entertainment system should currently be 54%. Its 12,000 miles per year residual value for this term would be 56%. The actual dollar residual value of your truck is indeed calculated based upon a percentage of its full MSRP, including destination and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Those of you who are interested in the wonderful world of leasing may find the following article interesting:

"Chrysler Ending Leasing in New York

"Chrysler division on Thursday became the latest automaker to stop offering auto leases in New York due to a law that holds leasing companies, rather than drivers, liable for accidents.

The company's finance arm, Chrysler Financial, said its exit from the New York lease market would take effect May 1.

Chrysler said it was pulling out of the market because of New York's so-called 'vicarious liability' law, under which the owner of a vehicle, and not necessarily the driver, is held financially liable for accidents.

The law, which Chrysler dismissed as 'antiquated,' dates back to the early 1920s and was originally intended to hold vehicle owners liable for accidents caused by livery drivers and chauffeurs.

Since leasing companies are listed as owners of the titles of the vehicles they lease, the law allows accident victims to pursue leasing companies for damages.

At least six other automakers have stopped offering leases in New York because of the law, including Chrysler rival Ford Motor Co.

As an alternative, Ford has begun shifting new leasing customers into so-called 'balloon' loans that work like a lease but transfer ownership of the vehicle to the driver.

'The current legislative environment in New York has forced us to exit based on the significant financial exposure we risk if we continue to offer leasing in the market,' Klaus Entemann, a senior Chrysler Financial official, said in a statement.

The statement added that Chrysler could re-enter the New York market if 'meaningful reform' were forthcoming from local lawmakers, however.

Leasing is about twice as popular in New York than in the rest of the country, largely because of the tax breaks it offers businesses."

Those of you who are interested can check out the full text of this article by clicking on the following link: Reuters - Chrysler Ending Leasing in New York.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    mcwenzelmcwenzel Member Posts: 37
    Carman,

Again, thanks so much for your help. I am extremely close to pulling the trigger on an 1.8 A4 Quattro lease, taking advantage of the .0002 money rate you provided me. I hope to make the deal tonight.

I have one final question. You gave me the residuals on a 1.8 Quattro (56% and 54%) and CVT (54% and 52%) for 12,000 and 15,000 miles for 36 months.

I am thinking of going 39 months to keep the payment down a bit.

Can you tell me the residual on a 39 month lease of an A4 Quattro, both for 12,000 and 15,000 miles? I promise this is the last time I will bother you. Thanks!
  • Options
    suv_fansuv_fan Member Posts: 24
    Hi Car_Man,

I think it's great you're willing to help others!

I leased a used 1999 Olds Bravada from a dealership that doesn't sell Olds. When my lease ends, where do I turn it in, or does 5/3 get it?

I'm hoping to "trade it in" for a new SUV, but we all know Olds value nowadays.

Are the lease estimators pretty accurate? It states about $500/mo for $30K vehicle, which I thought was high. It seems that people are getting these "nice" vehicles for less than that. I do not know their credit scores, though.

Thank you.
  • Options
    You're welcome, mcwenzel. Good idea about leasing this car for 39 months. I probably would do the exact same thing if I was in your situation. The Audi A4 Sedan's lease money factors should be exactly the same for 39 month leases as they are for 36 month leases right now. Of course, the residual values are a little lower though. Specifically, AFS' current 39 month 15k residual values are 49% for the '04 A4 Sedan 2WD and 52% for the '04 A4 Sedan with quattro. These values are 2% higher for leases with only 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks suv_fan. Where you have to return your leased Bravada is completely up to the bank that you are leasing it through. Assuming that your lease is trough General Motors Acceptance Corp., you should be able to turn your truck in at any General Motors dealer. You definitely should place a call to your bank about a month or two before your scheduled termination date. This way you can arrange to have your vehicle inspected and find out exactly where you can return it. You also should place a call directly to the dealership that you want to turn your vehicle in at to make an appointment to do so. Unfortunately, I doubt that your leased Bravada is worth enough to make it worth your while to attempt to trade it on on another vehicle. You are probably best off just turning it in and walking away from it.

The accuracy of lease payment estimators varies from Web site to Web site. I have found though that most lease payment estimators are not very accurate. The ones that are on sites that are not affiliated with automakers usually don't have access to accurate lease money factor and residual value information, which can throw their estimated payments way off. Even the calculators on manufacturers' own sites can have incorrect info or base their lease payments on unrealistically high selling prices.

One's credit rating will have a significant impact upon whether they can even lease a vehicle at all. Many banks will not lease vehicles to consumers with bad credit and the ones that do often have significantly higher lease money factord for consumers with low credit scores.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.