Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• pmagganpmaggan Posts: 62
    Although I didn't buy my Prius from them (but did buy a Camry), I always check prices at fitzmall.com. They have all of their inventory (and prices) listed online. I've found that it is usually very difficult to beat their pricing.
  • I've gotten quotes from 10 dealerships and i've seem to hit the rock bottom price. They are offering me $24,450 for a PRIUS III with Navigation Package, Winter Gray. This is all before tax and license. Is this a good deal? With gas prices going higher the price doesn't seem to be a flexible.
  • gurplegurple Posts: 8
    Thursday I bought a new blue 11 Prius 2 with the Bumper laminate. The car also came with the floor mats, which I intend to replace. Paid 21175 after $500 factory rebate. Had my choice of dealers at that price however color choice was limited. I bought mine in Culver City, Ca. Price does not include tax (Ca. is 9 3/4%) License fees or registration and doc fees. Ca. limits doc fees to $59. Hope this helps someone. Remember even though gas prices are up, big discounts are still available. Good hunting!
  • Wow! What a awesome deal even at this time.. you can snag one for 21175?? Do you mind if you can send me a copy of the sale price??? I would love to show this to my dealer and get that price.. please please!!!
  • Hello Everyone,

As you can see I need a prius!!

Dealers offered me this.. over the phone but wants me to come in.

Prius 4 2010

MSRP - 27696 and 30166 (w/ Navigation)

Now whats a good price to pay considering my tax is about 8% since I am in NY.

Thanks for your help in advance! :)
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,602
    Prius is not being assembled at this time. I can't believe with gas prices up that anyone can score a deal. If you get a decent discount you better not wait. Inventories will not be replenished for who knows how long. The dealers will want top dollar.
  • Dealer advises Prius is completely built and assembled in Japan. I worry more about getting parts in the future for the Prius than getting a good price on either purchase or lease. I realize the probability that there are large centers worldwide which stock Prius parts but what happens 2 years from now when they run out?
    I'm sure the manufacturing issues will be resolved in less than 6 months. Parts aren't much of an issue with the Prius. Not much breaks. :P
  • mankumanku Posts: 64
    FWIW, I just paid $25050 for a III w/nav...it was Blizzard White with mats and rocker molding...

I think I got a good deal, but what do I know :)
  • Hello,

Can I get the name of the dealer? I am looking to buy one 2011 model with Navigation package.

Thanks for your help,

RB
  • ntanta Posts: 1
    I got quotes for 26440 in irvine, ca. Which area are you located?
  • Unfortunately I was not in the area to purchase the car at the time. After waiting two weeks i've been getting $26,200. Some are quoting me $27,000. I'm not in a rush to buy a Prius so i'm thinking of waiting for gas to go down. Prius are made in the US. I can't be sure if 100% are made in the US, but i have a feeling most Prius are made in the states.
    Better wait til the auto industry recovers in Japan. Could be a while to see inventories meet demand. Save 11k with a 2011 Ford Focus SEL loaded and get a Garmin GPS in the mean time.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,076
    A reporter would like to interview someone who is having trouble finding a new Prius at a dealership. Please email [email protected] by Thursday, March 31, 2011 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience.

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• rcdomarcdoma Posts: 2
    Am considering a prius II base model and was quoted $23400. Is it a good price? Has anyone in the area got a better deal -thanks!
    msrp 23800 --- almost sticker but probably about all there is now.
  • rcdomarcdoma Posts: 2
    Thanks!
    Be warned that the dealer may have a bunch of aftermarket add-ons that won't be disclosed until you get there. Then of course is the time spent in the finance office fending off all the other options. It's a sellers market so check the real bottom line before you buy. You can save 7-8 grand buy buying a 2011 Ford Focus. The one I drove was fine. needed a hatchback though.
  • Yes, grab the deal.

On the 5th of this month, all incentives go bye bye on this.

Remember, everything in a finance office is negotiable. Everythig, except tax and state fees.

Good luck ;)
  • msrp on the west coast on a II is 24,010.00. :P
    The higher msrp is probably offset by VERY reasonable state sales tax rates. :P
  • steversksteversk Posts: 9
    Just bought a 2011 Prius 3 last seekend. Bought it through the Costco program at Hollywood Toyota. Got $500 of the list of $25240. From what I hear, because of the potential shortage most dealers are doing full list or more. Talked to my salesman 1 week later and they have discontinued the Costco discounts. They normally have about 150 Prius in stock, but are down to less than 70.
  • terry1023terry1023 Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    I just found this forum after I bought a Prius III with NAV today. The MSRP is 27240 and my price is 25585+TTL after the $500 rebate ends 4/4/2010. I also purchased the following but I haven't installed anything yet. Does the price looks OK? If not, can I cancel them and purchase from somewhere else?

(1) Leather Seat upgrade $1460.
    (2) ResistAll EnviroGuard NG advanced protection $430.
    (3) Extended Warranty 8 yr/75000 mi for $1320.

Does the price looks all right? If not, can I cancel it and purchase the extened warranty here?
  • Bought a 2010 Prius 3 last Saturday, blizzard pearl with carpeted floor mats and the JBL six speaker CD/Bluetooth option but no nav system. Paid 24,513. Hope I got a good deal. But there's no more in my area that I know of and the incentives for 2010 models terminated on April 4th. Purchased in Connecticut
  • klinklin Posts: 54
    I just yesterday exactly the same model color/option as you had. I am from North CA. I paid $25121. I missed the $500 rebate.

So I guess you and I paid about the same about. I do have the extra protective film.

I was told by dealer that there is none coming to them due to earthquake. But I am unsure if the dealer is ripping off people now due to the Japan earthquake.

Did I pay too much? I am $1000 above "invoice".
  • sjawahranisjawahrani Posts: 4
    edited April 2011
    Hello,

I am looking at Prius II in No calif. I was quoted $23,500. Is it a good deal? I was quoted $22750 about a month ago and but couldn't pull the trigger. Does Toyota have any financing option?

Thanks
  • klinklin Posts: 54
    Yes, price has gone up. I just got Prius III around $25K with basic options. Try truecar.com for comparison.

Which dealership is that? I bought from Toyota Sunnyvale which seems to be fair and reasonable.
  • Thank, It's Toyota Sunnyvale.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    A reporter is interested in speaking with consumers who wanted to purchase a Honda or Toyota but decided to purchase something else because inventory was tight.

If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to [email protected] and include your name and email address.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,076
    Have you held off on a car purchase because you're waiting for a better deal? Or did you go ahead and buy because you assume car prices could just rise even further this summer? An Associated Press reporter would like to talk with you. Please send your contact information to Aaron Lewis at [email protected]

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews