Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6

Comments

• bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    At least Audi makes it an option. If you don't want to pay $750, don't get it. On the Japanese cars, it comes with it standard ( which we know it's in the price). I like more so than starting the car that I don't have to fumble for a key at night or in the rain and can open my door without having to either put a key in the door or look for a stupid litlle remote. I would say the downside is what almost happened to me the other day. I was driving with my wife in the car and she dropped me off because we work very close to each other. I got out, she was taking the car and luckily for her, she remembered to get the key from me. Had she not, she would have a fun time at the end of the day starting the car without any key. I know when I get out of the car with the key in my pocket and car is running, there is a key picture on screen in center console.
  • richcreamrichcream Member Posts: 205
    "If you don't want to pay $750, don't get it. On the Japanese cars, it comes with it standard ( which we know it's in the price)."

Hmm, if the $750 is already in the price, that makes the Japanese cars even more of a bargain, no?

I doubt that the invoice has been bumped $750 for pushbutton start capability, though I suppose I could be wrong....maybe. I'd have to agree with the consensus that price gauging is in full effect.

How is your keyless feature doing? You had some issues with it - all better?
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    I applaud the choice. I think the amount is so far off, it isn't funny. And, if the price of the "M" could be reduced by $750 without PB start, I know I would have omitted it from my option list.

My use of the key is so far down on my list of issues I have with cars, it isn't even on the list.

A heated steering wheel, as I recall, used to be $150 option -- that seems about right for the PB start too.
  • richcreamrichcream Member Posts: 205
    *gouging
  • marleybarrmarleybarr Member Posts: 334
    Make sure it hasn't been damaged/repaired, check/ask for service records including any oil changes, then take MSRP minus $3000 (depreciation) minus .15/mile = $46,400 selling price OR MSRP minus 20% (depreciation) minus .15/mile IF over or close to being a year old = $39,400 selling price.

Most cars depreciate 60~65% off MSRP in the first 3 years of ownership, then 5~10% per year after that. Most first-line lending institutions won't even write loans on 5 year old cars, so this tells what kind of value you could expect at that time.

Example: My 2000 Audi A6 2.7T MSRP'd for $44,600. $44,600 x 60% ($26,760)= $17840 (2003) minus 5 % = $16,948 (2004) minus 5% = $16,100.60 (2005). $16000 is "around "what I may be able to sell this 77,000 mile Audi for now in 2005.The final sale price would probably be even less.

The bottom line is that $2,000 off an 2005 w/4000 miles is not near enough!
    Yes..It's real hard to tell which car you have. Yes, my advanced key is working now. Not to worry with Audi...everythings covered for my entire lease. By the way, how is your swirled paintjob doing on your black M? By the way, if you have an Infiniti, why are you in the Audi forum. Are you lost or do you just regret not getting the A6?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    There is no requirement that one own or be looking into purchasing any vehicle in order to participate in any discussion. Very many of us are interested in discussions on very many vehicles.

And that's exactly what we're here for, to provide that venue. :)
    I got my end of lease letter from the EVP of Audi -- I wrote him a letter in return. Wishing NOT to burn any bridges with Audi, I praised the car, the dealer and even the new crop of Audis.

I did inform Johan that my wife and I did not re up for new Audis and that it was perhaps the most difficult big ticket purchase decision we have ever made.

I still love the brand, but can't figure out the current marketing approach -- I asked for clarification.

Let's see what happens.

And I agree with the host, many of us have interests in a variety of cars. My decision NOT to go with the new A6 does not somehow suggest any critique of someone who did go with the new Audi.

Perhaps after 27 of them in a row, my perception, my decision stemmed from a different place. This doesn't mean I think my move would be appropriate for someone else.

Said it before: a big piece of me certainly will miss not having another Audi.
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    "Had she not, she would have a fun time at the end of the day starting the car without any key."

Actually, the car won't stop without the key. So, she'd have noticed it earlier, or the tank would be empty at the end of the day. :)
  • jeqqjeqq Member Posts: 221
    Too many variables with advanced key. I'm waiting for retinal or fingerprint identification to operate the car. Just got to remember to bring your eyeball or finger when you leave the house.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    How about a small needle when you go to open the door (like a diabetes tester) that does a quick DNA test. Probably won’t be as popular as retinal… ;)
    You want to talk about price gauging...the Audi A6 comes with a full size spare tire standard...which is considered a safety feature which you would know if you've ever had to drive on a doughnut spare. On the Infiniti M35, it's a $300 option. If the tire fits in the trunk anyway, why make people pay extra for something they should have anyway...it's not a convenience thing like the advanced key?
    Now that is gauging!
  • daniiboydaniiboy Member Posts: 2
    Im just wondering what you guys think about the interior of the audi a6 versus like the Acura RL and other cars of that class. I myself believe that it needs a little work and the technology needs some work as well, (its not up to par with other cars i test drove such as the RL) but im also wondering if u can help me pick one because im stuck between the RL and the Audi, i love the audi for its looks but admire the RL for its superior technology. Guys if u can please help me out by picking one. thanks :):D
    daniiboy,

They're both great cars. You'll be happy with either. Pick whichever you feel most comfortable with. IMO, the A6 is better looking and has a better interior. I have to agree that the Acura will likely be more reliable (though they've had their electronic glitches with the new RL release as well.... a lot of people were commenting about the door dimple not working)... Anyway, I personally like the RL's nav better, but the Audi's screen resolution actually is better (a different technology than the LCD of the RL). If you look at the initial quality scores for the 1st 90 days of ownership, the A6 is better than the RL. How the A6 will hold up over time is the bigger question...

Good luck with the choice.
    What technology is superior. I haven't seen the inside of the RL. Audi has voice command, NAV, Satellite Radio, Keyless start and entrance to car,full-time all wheel drive,lots of wood and aluminum, rain sensing wipers that go on automatically (speed sensitive too), auto dimming mirrors outside and inside,etc. You have to look at features that seem cool like on the RL and ask yourself if you'll ever use them. My other car has laser cruise control which slows down your car and speeds up your car depending on distance you set. I wouldn't have bought the car for that and it seemed cool at the time but I never use it. And, I live in Florida so even though my car never sees the snow, it handles great in wet weather.
    I have heard the Acura is a nice interior and drives well...the outside is very boring looking and although you do sit most of the time on the inside of your car, it should look like something outside other than a box with four wheels. I have heard they are not selling to well so there are some deals to be had. Audi is doing deals too. I don't see that many of them on the road either. The Audi has an aluminum chasis this year and they made the car more rigid (34% I think). The car has no squeaks and has a heavy feel to it.
    Funny how everyone keeps mentioning quality build of Infiniti and Japanese cars compared to German cars. They do have a price advantage the Japanese but if you read the problems that are being reported on the M site, they all seem to have rattling noises and squeaking problems. Those kind of problems are the ones that are hard to fix because they always come back so many miles later.
  • daniiboydaniiboy Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the info, but i think im leaning toward the acura RL. i know it doesnt look good but the technology is far superior after test driving it i could see. I also like the awd system put forth by the acura and i feel more confidant with the acura than the audi. If only there was a car with Audi like exterior (which is beautiful) with technology and interior of acura *sigh*

daniiboy
    "If only there was a car with Audi like exterior (which is beautiful) with technology and interior of acura *sigh*"

Then everybody would be driving the same car! :)
  • bargamon1bargamon1 Member Posts: 110
    We buying cars or computers.

I love tech and am known for being a gaget kinda guy.

But I don't want GPS, DVD, Blue tooth, advance key, integrated phone, or voice recognition.

I want xenon, dimming mirrors, kick [non-permissible content removed] stereo and best engine and drive train with good looks and comfort.

THe soul of a fine german car cannot be duplicated by technology.

This is my preference.

Will Audi offer better A6 lease? Drop down to a 3.2 A4 with 6speed? (based on it being available), A3 tricked out to the max (tech?) wheels, extras? Or am I to gonna be "turning Japanese?"

I do know that nothing depreciated faster than technology!
    I agree! Will not buy any car with a doughnut spare. This a cost-saving measure that has saved the auto manufacturers a bundle. How about run-flat tires as standard equipment?
    Good idea but I heard they ride rough. Never tried them.
  • wattson1wattson1 Member Posts: 15
    has anyone tried getting audi 2006 a6 with the new S710a (blutetooth) ? Interested in how the bluetooth works ?
    The A6 3.2 is now in my garage, the allroad is gone, but not forgotten.

Working on the voice activation -- love Sirius and the bluetooth phone capability.

Cambrige Green pearl
    Amaretto comfort seats
    Premium
    Cold
    Convenience
    Advanced Key
    Speech recognition
    Parktronic
    Premium leather
    18" wheels UPH all seasons
    Sony Ericson cradle
    Mark,

I'm sorry, I've been out of town and must have missed some interesting comments...I thought you were getting an M35x! What happened? You really didn't go to the dark side! Congrats! I know you won't be disappointed.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    I've never seen the green with the amaretto before on the A6. Don't think there's too many cars with that color combination.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    I always knew you'd continue to go with Audi. I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping after all these years you'd try something new. I guess you don't like change too much, eh? :-)
    So are you going to sell the movie rights to this story? I had a feeling in the end they were going to keep you in the fold, I sensed it in your end of lease post.

On the bright side we are stuck with you for another 39 months:)
    36 months.

First 50 miles impressions on LPS.
    what "LPS" exactly is ... it is the Luxury Performance Sedans discussion and I think this is the post Mark means about the first 50 miles impressons: markcincinnati, "Luxury Performance Sedans" #2809, 23 Jun 2005 9:09 pm
    I guessed wrong. Apparently Mark had not yet posted his 50 mile impression when I posted the link above - this is the one he meant: markcincinnati, "Luxury Performance Sedans" #2812, 24 Jun 2005 10:40 am
    How is the general acceleration and handling compared to your 6-speed allroad and does 1st shift to 2nd real early like my 2000 A6 w/tip does, say 4 mph or so?
    The general acceleration of the new A6 is decent -- if not awe inspiring. The allroad was (it still is, it just isn't mine anymore) much more powerful from a dead stop (remember 6 speed manual, turbo engine). The allroad was very quick, the A6 is not a dog, but it is "less urgent." The engine sounds muted but it makes a nicer, more refined sound than the 2.7T (way better here). The 2.7T was an engine that just had boatloads of torque at low rpms -- hard to beat that with the 3.2 engine. The 3.2 will probably pull away from the majority of cars out there, but it isn't going to be much of a threat to someone even with a modestly zippy car.

The allroad as I had it modified, was not a pig. It could be accused in fact of doing a good imitation of "nimble" on its sport antisway bar, lowered suspension and 18" 245 x 45 x 18" UPH summer only tires.

The new A6's chassis/body/frame/structure is much stiffer and it pays dividends in both ride and handling. The 18" low profile (40 series) tires make it feel more competent, too. I have hardly pushed it in this department. I did have it up to nearly 80mph for about 5 miles on the Interstate this afternoon.

The brakes on the A6 are much better than the allroad's. The A/C too is better and the sound system (especially Sirius) is a big step up.

The seats are better on the A6, but this is an incremental improvement over the allroad.

The tip upshifts out of first gear almost instantly.

I use the car in "S" mode -- I did have my first hint of tiptronic lag upon entering the freeway when the car in front of me slowed suddenly and I slowed from 45 to 20 rapidly followed by a punch of the accelerator (I was in D mode since I was getting onto the interstate) -- the car hesitated for a 1/2 second and then LEAPT forward as the lower gear and higher revs provided a boost of torque.

This problem is probably simply masked by S mode since it does not upshift with such determination and it seems, in this mode, to be more willing to down shift.

Automatics, smart automatics -- whattya gonna do?

This car with a 6speed manual would be the best car I have ever driven I'd imagine. It is the best Audi I have ever driven -- this blows my 1997 A8 away.

Hope this helps somewhat. :confuse:
    Next time you take your new A6 out on I -75 or I-74 (northwest expwy) could you report back the engine RPM"S at 70 /75 mph driving in standard "D"? My 2000 A6 w/tip spins about 2500 rpm @ 75 mph. Will be interesting to compare considering you are now equiped with the 6-speed.
    At 75 in 6th gear on I275, the RPM's are a bit more than 2200. I set the cruise control to try to get this to be as accurate as possible. The stretch I was on was as flat as flat can be in Cincinnati. I had noticed, earlier, that 70 mph was a bit under 2200, so I am glad you asked.

There is NO difference between D and S at this speed unless you have recently accelerated hard -- S mode seems to apparently prevent or at least vastly reduce tip lag.

My observation is that tip lag is only an issue with this transmission if you are on the "cusp" of needing either first or second gear -- and the programming is apparently set to make the default mode the higher gear. Then when you need a bit more go you press a modest amount on the accelerator and the car does not instantly respond so you press a bit more and WHAM the thing down shifts and the revs go to 5,000 and the car lunges forward. Tip mode seems fine, but I am not impressed with the manu matic experience. S mode keeps the revs up a bit so that there is more torque on tap at most speeds under 60mph.

Theory:

Those that find tip lag the most problematic are those who prefer stick shifts, have most recently driven almost exclusively stick shifts, etc.

I think those of us with stick shift proclivities have different expectations than those who are not used to and who do not prefer or perhaps don't know much about driving a stick.

The stick does what I want it to do when I want it to do it. I am not used to the transmission being smarter (and it isn't) or more capable than I am. Oddly, I am willing to let the brakes, brake assist and ESP help me -- I embrace those technologies. The contemporary auto transmissions do a pretty good imitation of competent shifting (and god knows I'm not perfect) -- but they still do things at times that I would not do or would not do at that moment.

Comment

I can see the curve up ahead, I know the whoop de do is coming in a couple hundred yards, etc. I know I want to assume engine braking NOW, but not THEN, etc.

These tip/step/command/etc - tronic transmissions are very good -- they aren't as good as a manual, they are more difficult to adapt to, they are not as much fun, they drink more gas (a little bit), they retard the performance and my hair isn't blue yet -- and if I had my magic wand, I would have this new A6 with a 6spd manual like my wife's BMW (which was even better than my allroad's 6spd manual).

All in all, at over 100 miles on the thing, it is a wonderful machine.

At this point, I will leave this review and comment at: this is the best Audi ever; and although I am not an SAE (self appointed expert), I am VERY experienced in this regard with Audi #28 now in my garage ("dark and hot").

Film at eleven.
    Thanks, Pat!

Weird world, I go away for a few days, and chaos ensues... Mark goes back to Audi, cats and dogs living together in sin, Spurs win the championship, what next?
    Whoa,

as the audi turns, the man stays! All that work paid off! You gonna share the deal with us? We know everyting else about you!

Deep down you knew you panicked and in the end you got it! Good for you! I was begining to think my allroad would be a FX35 next year, but you give me hope, to carry on, you lite up my, oh never mind!

That ameretto interior is great, the green I take it is dark! must be great combo!

Im sure the boys back in the Rhine were quaking in their boots!

Good luck with the car, and I might go lurk again in audiworld and see what your up to!
    In some respects the deal exceeded my expectations. The company and specifically the individual sales representative at my long term dealer did what it took.

Back in early 2005, I would have paid a bit more (on a lease) for an Audi -- numerous posts attest to this. In the end the combination of the deal PLUS my long stated affection for the cars themselves (plus Infiniti's near INSTANT willingness to refund my deposit without issue) made this an offer I couldn't refuse.

The terms of the offer, the car's features and options are here and on the LPS board. All the data is within the past 3 or 4 days worth of posts if you care to review.

The color is DARK DARK green "pearl" -- the 7 spoke 18" wheels on the 245 x 40 x 18" tires plus the Bourbon, er, Amaretto interior are / were my first choice. My second choice (Audi or Inifiniti) was Silver + Amaretto or Bourbon. The Bourbon (Inifiniti), Amaretto (Audi) or Terracotta (BMW) seem to be the "it" interior color this year -- you either hate "it" or love "it" that is.

With my wife's Terracotta BMW sitting right beside my Amaretto Audi, I can tell you they are VERY similar. The Bourbon Infiniti, too, as memory serves, is similar with a touch more ORANGE in it.

The dealer said they had never seen the combination before -- score one for being either "odd" or "unique." I think the latter characterization is more to my liking.
  • ctorreyctorrey Member Posts: 64
    I wish the Cactus Green over Terra Cotta was the "it" color combo in '98 when I ordered a new A4 with that combo. Unfortunately, the Cactus Green was much lighter than the '97 version and resembled a green life saver. To make matters worse, the Terra Cotta was too red and too orange for taste. Luckily, I leased, so no problems at trade in time. Sounds like they've done this combo right for '05. Enjoy!
  • cthuskercthusker Member Posts: 4
    I am nearing a decision on the 2005 A6 3.2. The car we like happens to have the 18" Continental ContiProContact 245/40 R 18 rims and tires. What is the general feeling out there about the 18" vs. the 17"? How is ride, handling, noise, etc. affected? Are the 18" tires good for wear, and do they cost a lot to replace, or are they hard to find? Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Based on reading several reviews and one TV show review of the A6, here is THE way to configure this car: regular suspension and 18" 245 x 40 x 18" tires and wheels combo.

The suspension of the A6 is stiff in standard mode and harsh in sport mode (mmm sounds like the reviews of the first take of the X3 from BMW in January 2004).

The 18" UHP all seasons are very quiet and the turn in is sharp. The chassis is stiff enough to keep the ride compliant.

The reviews of the sport suspension equipped versions almost all complain of "un-required" (unnecessary) stiffness and harshness.

Yet the A6 seems "in balance" with the 18" 40 series tires. UHP all seasons are a compromise. But one of the positives with this compromise is the tread wear should be at least 20,000 miles. This is NOT the case on the Max Performance summer only tires that come on the thing when equipped with the sport package.

The sport package is $1250, the wheels are $1000. I'd say that's a fair indication of the impact (both visual and tactile) of the 18" wheel/tire set up.

Never one to hold back: get this car with these wheels and tires -- and if you believe the editors you can pass on the sport springs.

I am happy with the handling of this "big" Audi.

The only issue I have would be little effected by stiffer underpinnings -- it is nose heavy. Now, Audi makes the best of this situation -- but the thing will understeer (like most Audis). The suspension tuners and chassis engineers and all the bright people that create cars have minimized this effect.

Having said that, it is NOT a BMW in that respect. Future Audis are already queuing for better F/R weight balance. Just understand this IS NOT a plow, but it is also not a "Lotus" that according to Pretty Woman, corners like it is on rails.

Try driving two of these cars back to back -- both with standard suspensions, one with 18" and one with 17" -- go over the same territory and see if the tires do not improve the "carve" capability of this lux perf sedan markedly.

As far as availability of replacement tires -- go to tires.com or tirerack.com and select by size. This size tire isn't a cheapie. But if it makes you feel any better there are plenty of tires that cost much more.
    I went for the 17's because of fear of rim damage. They have a slightly higher profile and give me that little extra cushion. I agree the 18's track better.

BTW my tire guy looked at the rims, the brakes and the wheel assembly and was amazed by it.
    Mark, looking at one of thelast reviews from another Audi owner I noticed they had the 18"'s with Contineltal tires. I guess it depends on which part of the country you're in which brand tires you get. I have the brilliant black w/ Amaretto (this interior looks awesome with a darker exterior...saw an Amaretto on an Oyster Grey..didn't do much for me). But, I have the 18"'s with Michelin tires. I don't know about with 40 series because these are more high performance tires than my 02' A6 3.0 had but those tires didn't get replaced until 47K miles...and they weren't bald at the time...they still had some tread but I knew my lease was soon up and wanted to enjoy some new rubber before I gave the car back because you know how fair the leasing companies will be in getting a cheap price for tires to replace on my car. I too ordered tires from the Tire Rack and I got Fuzion's (I think made by Bridgestone). When I had the guy come out to do a pre-inspection on my lease turn-in, he wrote on the page Non Major Brand tires...I thought this would cost me but didn't. I think the 18" tires on the A6 3.2 will cost anywhere from a cheap price of $169 to over $275 depending on which brand you choose. By the way, the voice command will change the radio station on AM/FM by saying the name of the station but for my Sirius radio, you can't say a name of a station or station number...the only way it works voice command on Sirius is to say "next station" . Am I doing something wrong or is this all it will do in Satellite radio...other than saying Sirius or Satellite radio and changing from FM to Satellite which it does do.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    I like the 18's w/ the standard suspension. It's a little on the firm side to begin with. The sport package w/ 18's ends up being a bit too harsh for me. The 18's really set the car off and look so much better than the 17's.

I'm glad Audi is getting rid of the 7 spoke design patten for the base wheels for 2006. I believe they have a new 14 spoke pattern that will look a lot better that the 2005 wheels. The 18's will stay the same as optional wheels.
    Sorry Mark, I looked everywhere for the details of you deal.

We are very curious. IF its a private matter, I understand, but payment, cash outlay and money facter would be of interest. If Audi is starting to crack, then its good news for us!

Your the bellweather!
    Post # 2812 on the LPS forum has the details.
    In no order that I can recall here is what I did:

I built a memory of my favorite stations AM FM Sirius.

I dunno, I have maybe 18 stations in memory.

You can access the stations by using the MODE button (left side of steering wheel) and the roller and a depress of the roller to select.

Or (and the full instructions can be read to you and shown on the screen at the same time) you can push the talk button, wait for the beep and say "help radio."

One of the commands is "store station" and one is "play station" -- I did the following for about 6 or my favorite stations:

Store station: "station name" The Vault "say again please" The Vault.

Then: Press talk button, wait for beep, say Radio, Audi lady responds "radio" you say Play The Vault, Audi lady responds "changing to Satellite Radio "The Vault."

This is very close to what it takes.

I have the Jimmy Buffet station, Jazz Cafe, The Vault, Pops, 60's hits, 70 hits, and a couple more from Sirius stored as "Play Jazz Cafe," for example.

You can say the Mhz if you know -- or you can have your favorite radio station FM or AM programmed to respond to "Play WGUC" or "Play WKRC" (there technically is NO W K R P in Cincinnati, however there is a W K R C.)

I found THE MOST DIFFICULT concept the voice activation for the Navigation system since it must be coupled with the directory function and can be used to store both a name for a navigation command and/or a telephone command or both at once.

Me: Navigation, Audi lady: Navigation, Me: Navigate to HOME, Audi lady: do you wish route guidance to the designated destination? Me: yes, Audi lady: the route is being calculated. Screen folds and rolls from text to moving map and center info display between the Tach and Speedo displays an arrow and the Audi lady starts telling you what to do, etc.

All in all a decent system.

Makes me drool for what it will be like in a couple of years from now.

The all at once phone number instruction set is sooooo much nicer than the 2003 On*star method, too.

Dial Number: Number please: 8885551212 spits it right back at you, and then you say "Dial." Instant Tang!
    . . .drove a lot in the new A6 3.2 this weekend. Now am at 300 miles.

I had expectations of -- well I will just come out with it -- somewhat underwhelming acceleration. I am pleased to inform that the acceleration seems already "peppier" than three days ago and thus far I have not felt I asked for more power than the 3.2 was able to muster.

Considering the A6 tends to isolate you far more than any previous Audi I have had, I suspect the acceleration lack that I thought was the case is NOT the case after all -- it actually gets right up to extra legal freeway speeds in the proverbial blink of an eye.

I am under no delusions that this is the quickest LPS 6 cyc car -- I do feel, however, it is nowhere close to being the little barker I had pretty much resigned myself to.

I just loved that 2.7T with the 6spd manual so much, I had pretty much felt the new wheels would be, shall we say, restrained. I am happy to report this Audi has none of the "is that all there is feel" of the prior 3.0 and 2.8 versions.

I am not retracting my comments that Audi, IMHO, should have made the final drive ratio a bit shorter (2+% perhaps) in order to make it a tenth or two quicker to 60. On the other hand, the gas milage, even at this tender age is clearly beating that thirsty 2.7T.

Finally, I "had to nearly floor the car once or twice" -- the sound isn't as sweet as the 4.2 V8 -- but this is the sweetest sounding V6 I've heard.

One small comparison note -- I like the sound of the 3.2 V6 more than the sound of the Infiniti M35X's V6. And, I must say, I liked the sound of the Infiniti -- the Audi is just a teeny bit sweeter to my ear.

And, no, I do not think that means the Audi is now somehow quicker -- I am confident the M is the one [V6] AWD to beat in this class. My assumption of pecking order in this class would be Infiniti M35X, BMW 530xi, Acura RL, Mercedes E320 4Matic, Audi 3.2, Lexus GS3. . .and so on (remember I am speaking specifically of LPS, AWD 6 cylinder (since all are not "V's") autos.

Perhaps the Audi aces the Merc, but it is my understanding that the new Mercedes has a 7spd auto and even more grunt than the outgoing E320 4Matic.

Not trying to start an argument, I do not have delusions of grandeur in this 3.2 -- but it is a pleasant surprise against my admittedly low expectations (with respect to acceleration, that is -- my overall expectations of the Audi were and remain high; thus far it has not disappointed.)
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Do you think with all your previous rantings and ravings about tip lag that maybe Audi slipped you a "ringer?" ;-)