Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    rolicherolirolicheroli Member Posts: 1
    Felt obliged to share since this site has been so helpful in our purchase. Just brought home a 2011 XLE w/ no additional options for $29,198. (30,198 prior to rebate) MSRP quoted at 33,500. Tack on $250 doc fees, 6.5% sales tax, a $1000 military rebate and the bottom line was almost palatable. If anyone is planning on using the military rebate, you must use Toyota financing the only financing option you have is for a 60 month term. We were permitted to finance only $4,000 so that we could take advantage of the rebate. I guess they plan on getting that back from you slowly. We opted to not get the factory DVD. Apparently that has been a trend because our sales rep actually referred us to an after market installer that provide essentially the same thing for $800 installed. Overall, very happy with our experience. We purchased from Rouen Toyota in Maumee OH.
  • Options
    raketa1raketa1 Member Posts: 8
    Pretty good but you may be able to do about $300-$400 better. Check out www.truecar.com Really good site to see prices paid on exactly the same vehicle.
  • Options
    kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 14
    First of all I want to thank everyone who posts on this forum site. It has been so helpful!

Signed and $$ down for 2011 FWD Sienna XLE to include floor mats and mud guards. Also to be from factory (brand brand new). 33400 OTD (6.75%sales tax)

Feel it was a pretty fair price that we worked for ... maybe could have gotten another 100 or so off ... maybe. A few other dealers basically said they were calling our bluff when we told them what we had for an offer. I am happy to report it really was a legitimate price. Had a couple dealers say they would match it but that's it.

Thank you everyone ... now just waiting for delivery!
  • Options
    toyfan4toyfan4 Member Posts: 3
    This forum is very helpful, especially buying experience posts which helped me with price negotiations and saved me $$$.
    I think I won with negotiations and paid fair price.
    2011 Sienna XLE FWD (Silver Metalic) $$35250 OTD (7.75% Sales tax around $2600) includes EY-Entertainment package + Z1- Preferred accessory package.

I read negative reviews about entertainment pkg saying not worth of price but I feel it is worthy!!! nice screen with pair of wireless headsets and two additional headset jacks at third row seat.
    I'm very happy with purchase and started loving it.
    one thing I feel missing is driver seat memory which I was thought standard on XLE
    but later figured out it was not.It is standard on Limited edition.

Just so everyone know, it comes with two year free maintenance certificate ( Oil change + tire rotation)

Thank again every one for sharing your buying experience...keep posting
  • Options
    inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    Toyota Sienna AWD 2011 - With RES and Navi (premium package) - for 39600 $ OTD in new jersey? This is the quote from Fitzgerald Toyota and unless a dealer matches it here we will be driving to PA on Wednesday to pick up the van.

Also - how much does a set of tiers cost for AWD (given that they are run-flat?
  • Options
    jacobsmomma1jacobsmomma1 Member Posts: 32
    Hi - just wondering if you bought XLE AWD or XLE FWD. On XLE AWD with just the EY entertainment package, the best price that I got was 35,015 so I would switch to premium and contact Norwood if you got one for less than 15. ;)

Let me know, thanks!
  • Options
    tfaw_bigtfaw_big Member Posts: 9
    MSRP of $44,595, purchase price will be $41,789. (excludes taxes of course).

Region is Chicago. This seems to be an ok price. My 2004 Sienna XLE is just about dead.

I was thinking about buying the AWD XLE with the goodies (nav/ent), but they took too many shortcuts.

Thoughts about the LTD price?
  • Options
    jimbo91jimbo91 Member Posts: 5
    I was weighing the same decision (XLE AWD or LTD AWD) and ended up going with the XLE AWD. Get the promotional brochure from the dealership and compare the features present in each model. It was surprising how little difference there is for the price. Bear in mind that certain features of the Limited aren't available in the AWD version of the limited. The biggest is the power folding third row.... you can't get it in the AWD. There are others so check the footnotes for each feature. My wife really liked the second sunroof in the Limited but we decided it wasn't worth the huge increase in the price. I'd determined that most of the options were cosmetic in nature when comparing the two so if you like fancier door pulls and body moldings the limited may suit you. I wasn't that worried about these things since I love the looks of the XLE. The other interesting thing to note when looking at the promotional info is that the tires/rims you would get on the AWD XLE are the same as the limited.... again check the footnote. Non-AWD XLE gets the seven spoke rims and 17 inch tires AWD gets you the 18 inch 10 spoke alloys.
  • Options
    One other thing I forgot to mention that is easily overlooked. If headroom is important in the second and third rows take a look at the numbers. The limited (due to the large sunroof) has about 1-1/2 to 2 inches less headroom in the second row and I think almost 3 inches less in the third row.
  • Options
    lss1lss1 Member Posts: 21
    Have just purchased 2011 XLE with door sill floormats as only option for $30,300 in MD. Should have car in next day or two.
  • Options
    frankdux1frankdux1 Member Posts: 3
    I got the XLE 2WD model.
  • Options
    kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 14
    We had briefly tossed around the idea of XLE vs XLE+pkg vs LTD at one point. Our biggest thing was that we absolutely did NOT want the DVD (we are restrictive to the amt of TV our kids are allowed) and didn't really want the NAV either. However, we really like the all chrome front grill, chrome lift door accent, and chrome accent door handles only available on these models (felt it made the blk exterior less plain).

My point is ... if anyone else is interested- you can get the XLE (without add. pkg's) and purchase these chrome accents from Toyota parts department (FYI there is about 40% mark up from their cost just in case you feel like bargaining with them on this as well)
  • Options
    viskha1viskha1 Member Posts: 5
    Got identical van with carpet mats 10 days ago - MSRP $44,919, purchase price $41,195 in Kansas. Your deal and mine seem close and reasonable. Hope you are enjoying as I am.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. We ordered black as well (XLE AWD) we are waiting on it to be built but are told it will be in later this month.
  • Options
    joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    So after comparing a 2010 Odyssey, it seems that the better choice would be the Sienna because of the more room, less noisy cabin, and a little extra torque AND I like the design better.
    But Im having a tough time with trying to get one with the factory installed DVD.
    Seems like the XLE is the only one available with this option. WHY TOYOTA?
    Why do I need to spend an extra $5k on other options I dont want?
    Does anyone know if they're going to give you the DVD option on the SE model that's suppose to come out soon?
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    edited May 2010
    We did similar comparisons and went with the 2010 Odyssey. There were several obstacles with the 2011 Sienna, one being no Blizzard Pearl on the XLE for 2011. Another being choice of light interior or lighter interior.

Toyota seems to think everyone has deep pockets and $5K for extras is no biggie. I really don't like the way Toyota bundled its options. YMMV.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    If you're not leasing get an aftermarket DVD player.

I got a 12" screen for $900 installed.

A stock sized screen was just $600 installed.

OE prices are grossly inflated.
  • Options
    hokiehighhokiehigh Member Posts: 16
    isn't Blizzard Pearl color like white, which is available.
  • Options
    jcrawford999jcrawford999 Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2010
    MCIFAN,

Did your XLE ever arrive with the Blizzard Pearl? My wife likes the Blizzard Pearl too but we didn't want all the extraneous options of the Limited and the loss of the 8th seat. While small, it is extremely useful for the times we need to transport 8 people.

If you were successful special ordering the paint, we might try the same. Otherwise, we'll probably pick a XLE off the dealer's lot. .
  • Options
    Hi - thanks for sharing your buying experience. I take it this does not include tax etc? How much was the OTD cost for you?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi - thanks for sharing your buying experience. I take it this does not include tax etc? How much was the OTD cost for you?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Which aftermarket product did you go with?
  • Options
    Ateixeira - does this dvd incorporate into the stereo system ? I still am thinking (minority) that it would be good to use the ipads as video system. I went to Bestbuy and borrowed the ipad to check it out in my brother's nissan quest and the screen looks absolutely beautiful !!!
    Also - it has 10 hr battery and I am thinking that I might be able to stream the audio through bluetooth to the car stereo.
    Just a thought guys - having said the above, I think my wifey has had enough of my ideas and may not agree and force me to go with the built-in entertainment system.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    does this dvd incorporate into the stereo system ?

In two ways:

1. use a basic computer speaker wire to connect the output of the DVD to the aux in on the stereo, and that works perfectly

2. an FM frequency, which works well, but on long trips if a station appears you have to change the frequency every few hours or so.

Bluetooth arrived for model year 2008 and I have an 07.
  • Options
    If you saw Blizzard Pearl and White side by side you would notice the difference. Blizzard Pearl has a more classy look, IMO. YMMV. You may not want to pay the extra cost for the Blizzard Pearl.
  • Options
    viskha1viskha1 Member Posts: 5
    Correct, $41,195 was OTD price without taxes - bought the van in Kansas after checking with 40 dealers within a 250 mile radius. In Nebraska paid taxes at 5.5%.
  • Options
    I have'nt seen a $1000 incentive in NY?
    Where have you seen this?
  • Options
    nicklepicklenicklepickle Member Posts: 1
    We also went with the XLE AWD and only got the navi package. The DVD was just too expensive and not really needed. The XLE AWD with navi is not shipped to New England. Dealer had to have it freighted to PA and then driven from PA to New England. We paid less than MSRP. Had the car a few days and love it. Drives well and love the navi - it has the large back up camera and the back up sonar. Totally worth it especially with little kids that could run behind the car. Makes it easy to back up the van. New to minivans and really love this car more than I expected.
  • Options
    new_member098new_member098 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please post a cost breakdown or dealer quote? It would help me negotiate with local dealer here.
  • Options
    Just a heads up to anyone planning on purchasing a vehicle from them (hudson toyota) - even the internet dept will NOT provide a quote over the phone/email. I just called and they specifically asked me to come in to discuss the prices. I politely said - thank you very much but I will not be coming in :) :P
    Any dealers who provide quotes (not msrp - I can look that up myself) over the phone in New Jersey?
  • Options
    I asked for a quote from my insurance company on the 2011 Sienna, and it was an extra $600 a year!!!! That's huge! 25% MORE?
    We're 33, and 34 with clean records, and great credit scores. I called Geico and asked if that was right and they said that because the car is'nt rated yet (I guess by the NHTA), that's why the rate is still so high. I asked how long does that usually take? AND they said they still had cars that were out for over a year that have'nt been rated. Guess Im going with the Odyssey since it wont cost me an extra $50 a month.
  • Options
    Leave it to the insurance companies to figure how to charge more than necessary for coverage. I personally have never gotten a competitive rate quote from Geico.
  • Options
    Hi guys - just needed some last minute help here -
    What are the dealer accessories worth getting? Please let me know what you guys thing.

I am thinking I can get a cargo net for a cheaper price than 50 $

Floor mats - worth getting for 200 $ ?

Warranty - basic research here tells me that I should get it from online - but our Toyota dealer is offering the 7 yr 100,000 for 1800 $. Is this warranty worth it? I honestly don't mind paying a little (please read - only a little) more as long as we deal with this dealer as they have gone out of their way to help us pick up the van.

I saw a picture in the brochure regarding the cargo box/organizer. Have not seen one in person but is there a aftermarket available?

Now for the most imp part - the deal - well so far we are dealing with a family friend who has given us 42,100 OTD for XLE AWD w/ PM package and 36,100 OTD for XLE AWD in NE region.

We were told that these are the rock bottom prices the dealer can afford to sell at and I sincerely believe him as he is very good friend of the family he has always helped us make the purchase when we needed to buy a car.
  • Options
    toy_fan1toy_fan1 Member Posts: 6
    Certainly seems like a reasonable price.

We just purchased 11 XLE (loaded with both Nav and RES) on Saturday. We also had the roof rails and Carpet Mats added. The MSRP was $39,700. We paid $35,900 plus TT (which here in Ohio is 6.5%)

We don't yet have the availability of AWD in the midwest region of Ohio. Should be a few more weeks I was told.

I hope this helps. FYI-- I purchased the extended warranty as well. I haggled with them though and got 7 year (75,000) mile B to B for $1,400.00

In my opinion the floor mats w/ sill protectors are essential. Especially if you have little kids.
  • Options
    ryl2007ryl2007 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    We were looking for Acura MDX but the wife fell in love with 2011 Sienna XLE + Ent Pack, with mats and door step protection. We paid $33,200 ( tax, title and licence are the only additional costs) at Continental Toyota (near west sub of Chicago). The sales guy mark is great. He did not push much after learned that we had done our homework online and were firm on what we were willing to pay. In addition, we negotiated a loan with 3.2% (instead of 6.99% std rate the dealer is offering for people who has excellent credit) for 60 months with $3000 down. Further, we got 2 yrs free scheduled maintenance and a full tank of gas to drive away. We are still driving with dealer's tank of gas. It has been a few weeks now, I am very happy with our purchase. Kids love it too.

Tips for getting a good no hassle price:
    1. Do your homework to find out what exactly you want online, then go for a test drive to confirm that is what you want. IMPORTANT: absolutely no negotiation no matter what the dealer is offering you. Simply sticking to test drive to find out what you want. Just say you don't know what you want yet and have no time to stick around. Just want to test drive.
    2. check out TRUECAR for how much people are paying in your area
    3. get on an car buying site to send out a few quote (usually 3) requests
    4. Upon receiving all the quotes in email, armed with the price you get from TrueCar, reply to one dealer for their best offer. Then email another dealer for a better offer. IMPORTANT: starting with a small dealer and work your way up. Leave the largest dealer the last. A larger dealer is more likely the one can afford to give you the best price in the end.
    To sum it up, I would give this van 10 out of 10 in all aspects. 10 out of 10 for purchase experience as well.
  • Options
    rwenrwen Member Posts: 6
    Initially paid $2,000 for Platinum Extended Warranty with no copay for 8 yr/100,000 miles, at time of purchase of Sienna Limited. I didn't even know that you could haggle for this Ext Warranty price.

Few days later, found out from Edmunds forum that some people paid about $940 for I think it was 7 yr/100,000 miles (but not sure if there was copay involved).

I went back the dealership, showed them the printout from Edmunds, and able to haggle for a much better price at $1,140 for the 8 yr/100,000 coverage. Got the difference refunded to me.

BTW, was able to have the dealership throw in the cargonet for free. I also have the cargobox (2 in fact) in the well section of the car (behind the 3rd row), which was included in the original purchse (for $41,000, with the MSRP about $44,000). Don't know if the cargoboxes are available aftermarket.

Hope above helps and good luck!!
  • Options
    That is indeed high! :surprise:

Are you adding the sienna to your insurance or are you replacing another vehicle with it? We are replacing our 2006 Toyota RAV4 LTD AWD with either a Toyota Sienna XLE or LTD. The insurance price quote is $66 per year below our current premium. Our insurance company is Progressive though.
  • Options
    pearliegirlpearliegirl Member Posts: 38
    I want to make sure I am not crazy. I've read this Forum, which is why I am questioning my sanity. I was at a dealer last night in Boston, MA, and was looking at a 7 Passenger AWD XLE with Premium Package. The sales person quoted me over $42K, and said they're not doing deals. I told him I believe that people were getting them for much less, and he said they've had no problem selling them, and they won't budge on price. I have never had good experience dealing with Toyota. Then I asked about a lease price (no money down, 15K miles, 36 months), and he came back with a monthly lease payment of $811/month! I could get a Mercedes for less than that. Am I crazy? Was this dealership unusual? Or do they just not want to sell vehicles?

And I should mention that I was not impressed with the build quality of the Sienna at all. There were things on the showroom model that were broken, didn't work. It was kind of a joke. The automatic doors didn't work right, the salesman couldn't get the foot rests on the second row seats to go down. Pretty embarassing for Toyota if you ask me. Actually making me question getting a Toyota at all. I figured with all the bad press, etc., they would have stepped it up, but it doesn't look like it. When did the new ones come out, start being available? The salesman said that they've on;y hade them for a few weeks. Was he lying to me?

I went over to Honda, and looked at the Odyssey, and it was a much better experience, but I really want AWD, and the Sienna is the only game in town with AWD. I also don't want to wait for the new Odyssey to come out, and who knows how much the new ones will be.
  • Options
    raketa1raketa1 Member Posts: 8
    Each dealer and every market is a little different and changes weekly based on their inventory and local demand for the particular vehicle(s). There are deals and most are coming in at 6% to 8% off MSRP. Look at www.truecar.com for pricing - hard to tell what $42K means without knowing your MSRP, other options, fees, TTL, etc. The 2011 Sienna first started to arrive at dealerships nationally the last week of February. The build quality is a MOO and this forum has often criticized the "plastic" and "cheap" feel of the interior finishes, but everything else has been very positive.
  • Options
    Sounds like the Toyota dealership you visited is living in the past. At one time people would pay MSRP+ for a new style Toyota. Those days are gone. With all of Toyota's problems, they need to get competitive or lose market share.

One problem. Toyota is the only van with AWD. If the salesman knows you want AWD, they are the only game in town.

Are you dealing with internet sales or a floor sales person? Floor sales are almost always higher in price. Internet sales know that they are dealing with a price shopper, and lowest price is usually going to get the sale.

One of my local Toyota dealers has over 25 vans in stock and more coming. It also depends on which area of the country you reside.

Do you really need AWD?
  • Options
    pearliegirlpearliegirl Member Posts: 38
    We live in New England, Boston area, so AWD is important. A lot of our friends have the Odyssey, and none have said they've had issues with driving in the snow. We've only had AWD vehicles though, so not sure we want to go with FWD. Good point though, if he knew AWD was a must, he knew he had us over a barrel. And I did say we wanted AWD. Next time I'll say we could go either way.
  • Options
    snowdaddyosnowdaddyo Member Posts: 53
    Here's the key: If they have you stepping foot into the showroom, they've already won part of the battle.

What you should do is figure out EXACTLY which model with what features you want. Figure out the TRUEPRICE of the car and then start negotiating with dealers over e-mail. This tactic will save you a ton of hassle and time. Get at least 3-5 quotes and have them compete for your business.
  • Options
    hokiehighhokiehigh Member Posts: 16
    where can I buy all season floor mats for the Sienna? It seems like Toyota doesn't sell them...
  • Options
    I'd try another dealership. We have the same issue with the Honda dealership that is close to us. They don't seem the least bit interested in selling a vehicle and have flat out told us they won't move on price because they sell them anyway. Maybe so... but not to those of us who know better and value our hard earned money. We've had friends that have had the same experience. But that's fine. There is another dealership 20 minutes further away that wants to work with you on price so they get the business.
  • Options
    I was replacing a 2001 caravan, but when I did the replacement with the Honda Odyssey (NEW), I was at the exact same rate. I called Geico to see what was up, and with someone on the phone, they said it was only a $340 increase per year.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    How come it seems that everyone is buying the XLE AWD?
    There ARE other models out there.
  • Options
    Pearlie girl - we live in RI and have been shopping for more than a month now. We have AWD on both of our current cars and have been used to it. Now that we are looking for a van we defaulted to Sienna due to that feature but we are telling dealers that we are also looking at Honda Odyssey which is true.

Last month, in truecar, the best price in our area is with Bernardi (Boston area) which is $300 over invoice. This month, the best price is at a dealer in Warwick which is $100 below invoice. The dealers will honor this price regardless of what trim you choose in the end - you just need to make sure that you know what the invoice price is of every trim. Unfortunately, they dont have the trim that we have available in their lot which is why we hesitate. We have been checking the inventory of other dealers instead and asking if they can match or make a better offer.

As for the Honda Odyssey, the best price we received is over a thousand dollar below invoice. The MSRP is 41,456 and they are quoting us at 35,856 plus $200 doc fee and sales tax. This is the Honda Touring with Res and Navi which I believe is their top of the line. This offer is looking very good right now and we are now considering it. We like their black interior which is much better than sienna's light colors (in our opinion).
  • Options
    Check with other insurance companies if you will get lower rates. That is hisgh if you are replacing another vehicle. The RAV4 that we are replacing is year 2006 but maybe this one already has a higher insurance rate or rate comparable to other toyotas - not really sure. Progressive is what we currently use. If you have AAA, you can use them to find the best insurance rate for you - that is how we switched to Progressive.
  • Options
    His posting is back in July 2009 and the 1000 incentive is on 2010 Sienna not the 2011
  • Options
    Use truecar...it has been very helpful for me.