Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 3-Series 2005 and earlier

Comments

• Options
    kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    What happened to Town Hall?
  • Options
    twoof1twoof1 Member Posts: 308
    Maybe we should start a seperate thread for "Winter Tires"
  • Options
    kennyinmdkennyinmd Member Posts: 18
    Has anyone here in the MD< DC or VA area heard of a car buying service for people who belong to credit unions? I heard it is called United Buying Service (UBS). If yes, does anyone know what the UBS price for a 2003 325i is? Thanks.
  • Options
    brave1heartbrave1heart Member Posts: 2,698
    H-RATED WINTER TIRES Designed for speeds of up to 130 mph--and better performance at lower speeds.
    Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW-2
    $132
    An excellent all-around choice. Best dry and wet braking among H-rated tires. Best ice braking without ABS.

Dunlop SP Winter Sport M2
    An excellent all-around choice, with responsive handling.

Pirelli Winter 210 SnowSport
    An excellent all-around choice, but pricey. Best dry cornering.

Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22
    An excellent all-around choice. Best emergency handling.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta NRW
    A fine choice for snow, though not ideal for wet weather. Least capable in wet cornering.

Michelin Pilot Alpin
    Best suited to areas where snow is less severe. Quiet ride.

Q-RATED WINTER TIRES Designed for speeds of up to 99 mph; test group includes tires rated S (112 mph) and T (118 mph).
    Kumho I'zen Stud KW-11
    An excellent choice where snow is less severe. Best dry and wet braking among this group. Studdable. T-rated in size tested.

Michelin Arctic Alpin
    An excellent choice where snow is less severe. Excellent cornering.

Dunlop Graspic
    DS-1
    A top winter performer, although only fair emergency handling.

Gislaved NordFrost II
    A very good choice where snow is less severe. Studdable.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta Q
    A very good all-around tire.

BFGoodrich Winter Slalom
    A very good all-around tire, though slightly less capable than the Nokian in winter driving. Studdable.

Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice
    A fine choice for snow and wet weather, but only fair handling.

Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50
    A very good all-around tire, though less capable in emergency handling than top-rated models. Stiff ride.

Yokohama Guardex F720
    Most susceptible to hydroplaning.

Firestone Winterfire
    Unimpressive ice braking compromises an otherwise fine, economical choice. Studdable.
    S-rated in size tested.

Cooper Weather-Master XGR
    Long dry stops and only fair emergency handling.
  • Options
    My brake pads warning lights came up yesterday at 29.5K miles only. 8 autoX events and 2 driving schools must have helped a lot ;o) I am actually happy that it came up while the car is still under warranty, so I'd get the new pads put in for free. Who says that hard driving doesn't pay off :o)
  • Options
    riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    My wife's came on around 34,500. She drives a '00 323iA. Not very hard at all. Certainly no autocrossing. Not sure what it says about BMW's brakes. But they did the work for free; at least it was covered fully under the 3/36 free maintenance. (Too bad one of her rear brake lights quit other day at 36,050 miles.)
  • Options
    vkwheelsvkwheels Member Posts: 218
    Despite people saying 'oh no not again' for this subject, at least now that winter coming on, it is probably like unavoidable and certainly makes sense. I've programmed my ocular scanning devices to skim past these messages.

Off topic, today is National Coming Out Day. Coincidentally, it is also National Depression Awareness Day.

I don't know if I like the new design on the message board. I have to click one whole extra time to get here. Will life's inconveniences never cease? (just kidding guys).
  • Options
    jean7of9jean7of9 Member Posts: 192
    Just placed an order for a 03 330xi Orient Blue with Sand Leather: PP, AWD P, Nav,PDC, RS,6CD. I was amazed how fast BMW Germany accepted the dealer's note and sent the car into production for an expected delivery at the dealer's lot by the second half of November 02. Can't wait.
    Jean
  • Options
    joes230joes230 Member Posts: 94
    vkwheels said: " don't know if I like the new design on the message board. I have to click one whole extra time to get here"

After you're in this forum, just right-click, then select "add to favorites". Then just select that saved favorite, and it will take you right here with one click.

-- Joe
  • Options
    lol... So do you come out first and then get depressed or you are so depressed about hiding it that you decide to come out? And who comes up with these holidays? I'd love to have THAT job - no, no, you can't have a National Gas Passing day on 10/11/2002 - that date is already reserved by the National Proctologist Association. Well, guess we'll have them on the same day then :o)

on-topic thinny: Proctologists love BMW's too
  • Options
    dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    But free service is over, :( good thing i got my last free oil change at 36k even ....

DL
  • Options
    abcnycabcnyc Member Posts: 101
    Any opinions or experience with after market brake pads such as EBC kevlar from Tirerack ? I love the look of clean wheels, but it is so short lived as a result of the brake dust. The EBC kevlar pads are supposed to be dust free. I've only got 10,000 miles on my car so I've still got a lot of miles to go. Will a BMW dealer/service install non-BMW brake pads on your car ?
  • Options
    pearl2000pearl2000 Member Posts: 12
    If I can't get to a BMW dealer, what the best brand name oil to use for top up...or does it matter so long as the oil is 5W-40 ot 5W-30 and has a specification API SH or higher (that's what the manual says) - I really have no mechanical skills.
  • Options
    markjennmarkjenn Member Posts: 1,142
    Any oil that meets the owner's manual specification is fine and you can freely mix any brands. Almost any readily available oil is fine. You don't even need to be religious about the viscosity if you're only adding one qt, for example a 10W-30 would be fine for a top up.

- Mark
  • Options
    euishikbangeuishikbang Member Posts: 6
    I live in Orange County in California and
    my friend who lives in South Carolina will be selling his BMW early december because he is leaving the country. He wants to drive the car until he leaves because he doesn't want to rent a car or anything...and I am thinking of buying it from him... I actually drove the car when I went over there this summer, and it is in good condition.... It is 1999 BMW 328i (new body style) It has a premium package, sports package, steptronic transmission, xenon headlamps and now it's got 41K miles... but he told me to expect about 50K miles in early December...
    Because this year is almost over and he has to drive the car until the day he leave, I am not sure what I should pay... I did look up the Kelly Blue Book pricing for retail and it was little less than $22K for now.... Considering the fact that he is going to put at least 8000 extra miles on the car and I will be actually buying the car in december, what would be a good price for this BMW? I just don't want to waste my hard earned cash... Can somebody please help me?
    Thank you...
  • Options
    crashnburn2crashnburn2 Member Posts: 23
    I love BMWs. I was considering a 03 Accord EXV6 or a 03 Altima 3.5SE. I decided to also try the new 325i. They are not in the same price range, but its a BMW. On the BMW website, I love the Gray Leather and Sand Leather in the Build Your Own portion. Which one seems better or are they equal?
  • Options
    My recommendation is that you not buy the car.

My experience in these sorts of situations is that you run a significant risk of hard feelings over any price negotiations. And if the car is not in the condition you expect or has any issues, it will be difficult not to blame your friend, rightly or wrongly. Finally, the car your buying is neither unusual nor rare - I expect at any given time in the S. Calif area, there are ten or twenty of this make/model around to choose from. Why go to all the trouble of shipping (or driving) across the country for one?

If you do decide to go ahead and make an offer, I'd explain to your friend the logistic difficulties and expenses, confirm exactly what your friend will do before selling the car to you (detailing, maintenance up to date, tires, etc.), and then make an offer about halfway between book wholesale and retail minus any expenses you will incur in the transfer. This may be lower than your friend is expecting, but this really is where you need to be and your friend should understand that he's avoiding the hassles and expenses of marketing the car. Then, be willing from this point forward not to blame your friend if things don't work out as you expect.

Off hand, $22K sounds ballpark, maybe a little high, but do you own pricing research. There is a forum here in Edumnds in "Smart Shopper" called Real-World Trade-In Values (or something like this) there two guys in the business do an excellent job assessing cars in the market day-to-day. I'd give them a run at this too. Also, pay $10 to get a price out of Consumer Reports and www.nada.com also has online pricing.

Good luck,

- Mark
  • Options
    Go to any dealer and there will be several cars on the lot with these leathers. You need to see them in person. Personally, I think BMW leather is of relatively low quality for the price and I'd tend towards black leatherrette, but you should make your own judgement when you see them.

- Mark
  • Options
    motorcity3motorcity3 Member Posts: 72
    Hello everybody,

I would like some advice to see if I am too picky or not about my recent service experience. Last week I brought my car ('01 325i) to have my driver's side window looked at. It all of a sudden starting acting funny. It would go up and down very slowly, sometimes get stuck halfway down, all this while making painful noises . I brought it in and they told me that it was the window regulators. They said that they have had problems with the design (and they have been redesigned for the newer models, if any one is worrying). Well, they replaced them (on both the driver's and the front passenger's) windows. The job involved removing the door panels, etc. I picked up the car, all is well and by the time I got home (and after about three times of putting the window up and down) I am getting this loud screeching noise when I put the the driver's side window up and down. Great! What bugs me is that I am wondering how much testing they did after fixing the window. It happened so soon after I got the car back that it makes me wonder. Also, it is a very aggravating sound and it ticks me off. Anyway, I called and left a message about it to the service rep., but have not received a call back. Now, is that good service? HAs anyone else had that window trouble?

Thanks.
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,438
    Anybody heard from 1pierce lately? It seems like he picked up his car after waiting a long time for it and hasn't posted since. I feel used:)

More importantly, has anybody heard from Shipo?

Yesterday I saw a few M3s riding around. I just love the meanacing look of that car. Of course I started thinking about it and building my M3 on the Internet. Then I got mad because the only way I could afford one was to rob a bank and banks were closed yesterday and today (yet I have to work...lousy bankers hours and holidays).

Now we all know that a 325Ci would be plenty car for ME to handle. A 330Ci would have more than enough power than I'll ever need, and an M3 would just be overkill (but it is so cool).

Now admittedly never driving either a 330Ci or an E46 M3, is the M3 worth the price of admission? I'm talking everyday driving here, not at the track. I priced out both cars on the BMWUSA website optioned how I'd like them. Here's what I dug up:

M3 Coupe:
    Jet Black/Black Leather
    Bi-Xenon
    Moonroof
    Heated Seats
    HK
    MSRP: $51,220

330Ci:
    Electric Red/Black Leather
    Sport Package
    Premium Package
    Heated Seats
    Bi-Xenon
    MSRP: $40,995

Now I know comparing 2 cars (any cars) on paper (screen) is a ludacris notion. The M3 costs $10,225 more, has an extra 108 hp, and gets to 60mph a whopping 1.6 seconds quicker (BMW's Numbers). ED makes the 330Ci an even more attractive option.

Now IF (I know..."NUTS" said the Queen, IF she had 'em she'd be King) I had the money, the looks of the M3 alone would sell me on the car over the 330Ci. I don't think there's another car avalable for the $50,000 price tag that I'd even consider.

Which would you take?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    Bradd, speaking of, werent you going to start a new demanding job ? glad to see your still around. Have you turned in you leased Saab yet ? having any regrets over not waiting for the new 93 sports sedan ?

staying on topic, i think i saw the 1st two ever electric Red cars this weekend, one a 325i which i do not like the red at all, and the Monocromatic Coupe that looked much better. funny how after Sienna Red was canceled now everyone likes it ,,

DL
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,438
    My last day of work here is Friday, so you've got to deal with me until then:)

The lease on my Saab is up December 6. It is funny that you mention that. I've got some juggling to do with it. I don't think I told you all, but last Sunday (2 months and 1000 miles to go) I rear ended a 2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 on the Staten Island Expressway. It was totally my fault, doing my second check in the rear view mirror in stop and go traffic trying to switch lanes. Nobody was injured. I was going less than 5mph and My Saab scratched the bumper of the Hyundai. My Saab sustained a bit more damage. The front bumper is pushed up and the hood buckled a tiny bit so I can't open the hood. My car is leaking coolant, but drivable. So I've got to meet with my insurance adjuster, get the car fixed, then make an appointment for Saab to come look at the car to assess it for lease turn in to see if they're going to charge me any excess wear and tear fees.

My Saab has been perfect as far as reliability goes. I have absolutely NO REGRETS that I didn't wait for the new Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan to come out, but an enthralled with the fact that I found one of the last Honda Prelude Type SHs ever produced. The Prelude is a car I've longed after and lusted for ever since the 5th generation body style came out in 1997. I bought the car back in April and it currently has 700 miles on it. I can't wait to start driving it every day:) The new 9-3 looks like it will be a good car, I just don't need a 4 door at this point of my life.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    ddblueddblue Member Posts: 117
    Hello all. Missed reading a lot of posts lately. Thanks, b1h for the snow tire review--will need that in a month.

Had a little fun with an M3 a week ago. I jumped on the Dulles Toll Road in Virginia, and as soon as I got on, a grey E46 M3 passed by in the far left lane. Same colors as my own 325Ci. I figured, let's have a little fun. So I picked up the pace on the right side, and he followed suit. Of course, he could've blown me into the weeds with no effort whatsoever, but I seemed to be making all the right lane choices, weaving through the fairly light traffic. He stayed in the left lane for the most part, but as there are regular morons coasting there without thinking, he got held up a bit. I maxed out at 95--didn't want to go insane. As we were approaching the main toll booth, I let him have a view of my rear plate (02B-ANM3). Then I pulled back alongside and we gave each other the thumbs up. Very cool indeed. Mutual respect amongst Bimmerites is nice thing to have.
  • Options
    I believe new BMW's come with synthetic oil from the factory and you should not mix regular and synthetic. I would call the dealer. I guess that's why they give you free maintenance during the warranty period. They say 15K between changes according to a local dealer in Ohio. That's only two oil changes in 30K. That is way to many miles even with synthetic IMHO. Any opinions on this and what are long term reliability ratings on the BMW 325 engines.
  • Options
    pearl2000pearl2000 Member Posts: 12
    There is free maintenance - my dash says I don't need service for another 18,000 km, but I just checked my oil after 7,800 km and it was way down - almost a whole litre - so I am glad I checked it and didn't wait for the service light to come on (or to throw a bearing).
  • Options
    schumacher2schumacher2 Member Posts: 3
    I love my new 325Ci. I have about 4k miles on it. I checked the oil and it seemed a little low. In my zeal to make sure I take good care of my baby, I put about half a quart of oil in. Now the dipstick looks like it's about 1/16th of an inch over the top notch. I know the owner's manual strictly advises against over filling the oil because it can cause engine damage. Now I am stressing out that I may be damaging my car. Does anyone think just having a little over full oil warrants draining some oil out, or should I just not worry about it? Thanks for any opinions you all may have.
  • Options
    locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    dd-- nice plate! mine is MMM PWR. :-D

-Colin
  • Options
    Synthetics and conventional oils may be mixed. They are completely compatible with one another. They have to be because most cars have a 1/2 qt or so of undrainable oil in the engines so there is no way to get all the oil out when you do a switchover. A mix of conventional and synthetic oil is exactly what many oils are these days.

A slight overfill is nothing to worry about. If you check specs, you'll see that many engines take something like 3.7 or 4.8 or 5.6 qts during a change and dealers routinely just put in the next whole qt. In fact, on the E36 M3's, BMW was recommending a full 1-qt overfill to manage a nasty oil unporting issue when the car was driven on the track. I wouldn't do this as a habit, but if you're close to the full line, don't worry about it.

Any good quality oil that meets the general grade and viscosity requirements in the owner's manual is fine, and you can mix brands and types to your heart's content.

- Mark
  • Options
    locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    The smarter solution is an Accusump. Even better, the '95 M3 Lightweight oil pan and an Accusump.

-Colin
  • Options
    leenelsonmdleenelsonmd Member Posts: 208
    My M3 is due here in 3-4 weeks (10/30 to be exact) and I can hardly wait. I went out and test drove an M3 from BMW North this past weekend and loved it. It was fun because I was driving at an insane rate of speed and came up on a 325 and next thing I know he was gone. It was great. He chose some better lanes (neither of us were driving dangerously) and left me in the dust. I loved it. I love running into other BMW lovers when I am out. I will miss my E36 325 which has been a great car for me.

Anyone want to buy a loaded e36 325 with 96k miles?
  • Options
    <<<It was totally my fault>>>

Man, that was refreshing!! I hope everything goes well with the insurance adjuster.
  • Options
    In runs like this, it's ~ 80% driver skill and 20% car. All IMO, of course, but I'd say that even at the autoX, it's 70/30 and even at the track, mayber 60/40 driver/car. I've seen guys in E46 M3's that would be beat by an average Camry driver and conversely, the best guys would probably win their class with a lot less car.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the accident Bradd, id say thats a little excess wear :).

Oil, funny in 40 months ive never added a drop, and yes i do check it :),must have been built on a thursday ...

DL
  • Options
    gurumikegurumike Member Posts: 442
    and thinking of what car will do it for me next...
    Jon S does all the bimmerfest.com work so I can't really accept any credit there! Can't decide if I'll 'step up' and order an M3 for Feb/Mar '03 delivery. New G35 coupe with standard Brembos and 280hp engine + 6 speed is awfully tempting. If Mitsubishi imports The Evolution 7 just the way it is (or almost) that would be on the cards, and then there's the facelifted Subaru WRX which could bow in in STi guise.... Decisions decisions decisions....!!!
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 893
    I would get the M Coupe over M3 or 330Ci. The latter 2 are way too practical, while M Coupe is build for one thing; go fast. :D
  • Options
    Don't forget the new 350Z with the Track package. That car would easily be on top of my list if I could get by with a less practical car.
  • Options
    erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    Brave,

I finally got the sticky pedal done. They had ordered the part number for the step. :) But it is now installed with the proper part numbers. Man, it is like night and day! It feels SO much better, like it should have from the beginning.

I was out in DC last week and saw two grey BMW's flying down the tollway out by Dulles and Falls Church. Wonder if it was those who posted earlier.... hhmmmm.. but it sure made me miss my baby.

I got back into LAX and I think I drove about 85-90 the whole way home, darting through traffic. I can now see why I would get mad at all the sports car owners who thought they owned the road. They didn't own it, but their car sure could handle driving them well. :)

-Paul
  • Options
    tjutju Member Posts: 20
    I just bought a 2001 330i with 35K miles on it. It's a wonderful car! But, I do have some questions for your veteran BMW owners:

1--Should I buy an extended warranty? I've always declined on the Japanese cars I've owned before. That would have been a waste of money on those hyper reliable cars (except for my '99 Odyssey and its bad tranny). What about the BMW? Would I be well advised to get a 7 year/100K extended warranty? If so, should I get one from BMW or are there good (and cheaper) aftermarket alternatives? If BMW, can anyone suggest a dealer who discounts them substantially?

2--My 330i has a single CD unit. That's OK, but I really need a cassette player as well. What's the best way to go here?

Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions.
  • Options
    kominskykominsky Member Posts: 850
    It is my understanding that BMW doesn't offer a factory extended warranty the way that Honda does, for example. Any extended warranty you get for a BMW is third party. IF that is true, I would go with an established company for the coverage. As for whether you should get one or not, I have no opinion.

I'm sure if my above statement is false, someone will set the record straight.
  • Options
    325i2002325i2002 Member Posts: 6
    I'm going to take delivery of my new 2002 325i this week. I want to ask if anyone knows what are the programmable features in this car. Below is a list of items my dealer told me.
    What about that clown nose everyone has been talking about?

Thanks for any inputs.

Daytime Running lights
    Pathway Lighting
    Automatic Locking after Car is in motion
    Selective Central Unlocking
    Alarm Confrimation Signal*

*on cars equipped with alarms
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that you like it much better. I thought it was perfect till I drove one of the autoXer's E36 325 last Saturday. I liked the feel of the mechanical throttle better (it feels more natural) and it was easier to match the revs on downshift even compared to the non-sticky gas pedal ;o)
  • Options
    kominskykominsky Member Posts: 850
    The clown nose is the red 'bulb' on the bottom of the rear view mirror. It blinks when the alarm is active. It can also be set to blink even if no alarm is installed.

Are you looking for explanations of the features listed above or a listing of additional features? Your salesman should provide you with a list of all programmable features and explain any you don't understand. I'm actually a little surprised he/she hasn't done so already if you are taking delivery this week.
  • Options
    skeletor88skeletor88 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 97 328i and I have a question about the front windshield: Do BMWs have a special windshield that is so different that I should get it replaced at the dealership? Or will the standard auto glass place give me a comparable product?

Thanks.
  • Options
    ccotenjccotenj Member Posts: 610
    well, the reason bmw windshields tend to "sandblast" so easily is that the glass is "softer" than standard safety glass...

my understanding is that the softer glass is less prone to shattering...

of course, the above "could be" an urban myth...

-Chris
  • Options
    You can have the best of both worlds - have an independent glass shop put in an original BMW windshield. I did that twice with my previous cars. I do think that the original windshield will fit better and in the case of BMW's it is also safer than any knock-off windshields that you can get. The reason why I went with a glass shop in the past is because all the dealers I talked to wanted me to pay them first and then get reimbursed by the insurance company (glass is covered at 100% here in Mass) while the shop did all the paperwork for me, ordered an original windshield from the dealer, and billed the insurance company directly. If your insurance company does not cover the windshield, I'd still pay the premium and get the original windshield.
  • Options
    tgravo2tgravo2 Member Posts: 70
    Anyone know the specs on the amp used in the Harmon Kardon system (02 325i) and the location of it, also can it be replaced by an aftermarket more powerful amp?
  • Options
    hylndr61hylndr61 Member Posts: 51
    I'm considering ordering my 325Ci with the manually adjustable sport seats. Can anyone post their experience with these? Is there enough adjustment for reasonable comfort? Do you regret not purchasing the electric seats? Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    leenelsonmdleenelsonmd Member Posts: 208
    No doubt about it driver is 80%. A well driven 325/330 can hardly be beat. I figure my driving skills are poor. I went with the M3 only because I keep cars for a pretty long time (6-8years) and so I expect it will keep me happy even as the engines get more powerful. The idea of out accelerating other cars off the line is pretty meaningless for me, but having some good torque at highway speeds is fun. As I mentioned before, the concept of "affording" the car is a matter of opinion. I probably shouldn't get an M3 but I figured I could have more fun with the car than with the money I could save by getting an '03 Cobra SVT.

Speaking of cars..
    350Z with the track package is out because you cannot get the Bose stereo with the track package. The inside was on the cheap side and I did not like the instrument cluster attached to the steering wheel.

G35 coupe - This would probably be my 3rd choice behind an M3 or a 330. The instrument cluster is attached to the steering wheel, but it is more subtle than the 350Z. You can get the Bose stereo with the "Track package". Having a back seat is a nice feature too IMO.

'03 Cobra SVT --FAST. Cheap. But its a Ford. I will have no envy when one pulls up beside me and then shows me his tailights, even in my M3 which cost 20k more.

Lancer EvoVII/VIII - pretty fast, but styling has no presence. It doesn't move me.

WRX - ditto Lancer.

Corvette - probably not too bad, but again, its a Chevy.

M coupe -- I agree with dave330--A driver's car all the way. It will probably be somewhat of a classic too since it has been discontinued. I just can't live without a back seat though.
  • Options
    john01john01 Member Posts: 246
    I remember reading Road&Track quite a while ago, when last Toyota Supra was released. One of the editors took it out on a test track and was having fun. Having driven many performance cars, and learned proper way to drive such cars, he was reasonably confident in his ability. He notices a Corolla way behind him in a hurry, but dismisses it. Well, in just a few moments the Corolla is right on his tail, and stays there and he was driving the Supra pretty hard, or so he thought. He finally sees the driver, Dan Gurney, with a big grin on his face.
  • Options
    topspin627topspin627 Member Posts: 67
    I saw an earlier reference to a sticky gas pedal and would appreciate any insight. I never noticed this until I was given a loaner which was a 325. I own an 01 330i. I noticed that the pedal of the loaner seemed smoother. When I asked the technician, he told me that the 325 uses a different system than the 330 and that's what I'm noticing, but if it remained annoying they could order some new parts. I've let it go and am kind of used to it. To me it feels not so much sticky as kind of ratcheting down in increments rather than a smooth flow. Is that the "sticky" aspect that can be fixed? If so how long does it take and what do I tell them to order for me? Any information is appreciated.