Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda MPV

Comments

• Options
    rbladerrblader Member Posts: 28
    Howdy! Just want to share to the group that we just ordered a Sand Mica '01 MPV ES with 4-seasons, 6-CD, Sunroof, Roof Rack, Fog lights, Rear Bumper Step Plate, cargo mat, cargo net, Portfolio(???) and wheel locks from Carsdirect.com. The price was $24,900. Not the best deal in town but we didn't have to haggle which we're not really good at. We test drove it yesterday at BrowningMazda(Cerritos,CA-they have 150+ MPVs in stock!!!) and we'll be picking it up this Friday night. It had 12 miles on the odo and apparently had been sitting in the lot for two months. We actually wanted a Sunlight Silver ES with CD/Cassette but they couldn't find any in stock that also has a roof rack.
    Question... Has anybody tried towing these things with a motorhome? Any recommendations?
  • Options
    tboner1965tboner1965 Member Posts: 647
    Just ask them to put the Mazda rack on a silver one. It is not hard to do.

Get what you really want. But by all means, enjoy what you get.

TB
  • Options
    brmudabrmuda Member Posts: 50
    see post #1112 in MPV problems
  • Options
    osakaosaka Member Posts: 13
    Hi all.
    It has been about 4 months since I purchased ADW 01 MPV "SPORTS" with YOKOHAMA ASPEC 215/60R16 tire and love it.
    It's very interesting to read the post which include many effective information and common problems, pulling, popping noise, tire wearing on the inside edge etc.
    Concerning noise and smoothless starting in the city use, which my wife complained me it, I’ll ask dealer in the near future to exchange the Accelerator Wire which Mazda has prepared to countermeasure this free of charge.

BTW, I have a question in regard to comparing with other van.
    I can understand well that MPV is compared with Grand Caravan(I liked its shape and largeness before purchasing ) , Toyota Sienna, Nissan Quest etc.
    Reading some posts, I think it seems nobody compared with GM ASTRO and Mercedes V-class .
    I would ask why ? Due to different class or due to too different cost range?
    How is your impression about GM ASTRO in comparing with MPV? Is this out of question?
    In Japan, the van is usually classified the mini-van(like a MPV) and the 1.5-BOX van(like a Honda
    STEP WGN. ,Nissan ELGRAND,SERENA,GM ASTRO) by its exterior and shape.
    Therefore, generally, MPV is compared with Honda JAPANESE ODY. , Toyota ESTIMA etc. in the same class(large class mini-van).
    Any information will be much appreciated and thanks for understanding this sentence.
    (PS) We can’t buy SIENNA and QUEST in Japan although they are produced by Japanese company.
  • Options
    javadocjavadoc Member Posts: 1,167
    I think most folks in the US don't know about the vast variety of vans out there, as models like the M-B Vclass aren't over on this side of the pond. I think the Vclass would compare well with the MPV, just from what I've read.

The Astro is (IMO) a totally different van than the current MPV/Ody/Caravan/Sierra class as it is rwd, and is an older bodied van, which isn't to say that it isn't good, but I personally wouldn't own a domestic product due to their track records of reliability and build-quality...which is a subjective opinion of mine.

--java
  • Options
    osakaosaka Member Posts: 13
    Thank you for your suitable opinion.
    Now I see what you mean, and that is exactly what I was thinking about two vans.
    BTW, far as I know, as it seems that nobody compare MPV with Caravan or Grand C. in Japan, some of posts and your trip report(DC VAN/MPV COMPARO) convinced me that having purchased MPV is better choice than choosing Caravan.
    Thanks, I am relieved now.
    I wish all who need AWD MPV could get in US and Canada.
    (PS) Car Price including ADW without tax , optional parts and others, is here.
    MPV, From 207,8000 to 3038,000 YEN.
    Voyager or Grand.V. From 3500,000 to 4240,000
    Astro, From 2990,000 to 4140,000
    US Ody. 3660,000 3960,000
  • Options
    msgjvhmsgjvh Member Posts: 196
    Now that is what I call INFLATION.
  • Options
    Nah, that's just a strong dollar. :-)

Buying my ticket to Hokkaido to p/u my new AWD MPV, lol.
  • Options
    you can drive it back across the pond :D

TB
  • Options
    johnnypicjohnnypic Member Posts: 11
    I was just wondering if it was worth waiting for the 2002 MPV? I went to look at a 2001 ES fully loaded for $26,500. I heard that the 2002 will get a better engine. Any other changes or additions to the model line? I don't want to pay 5,000 more for 40 more horsepower.

Thanks
  • Options
    vtac1vtac1 Member Posts: 18
    Well just got back from a 4062 mile trip that went from Mississippi,to Cal,Vegas,and many other points.Here's what I have to say.The MPV 2000 LX performed almost flawlessly.The only problem was my own fault,by not getting the" popping sound" fixed before I went.When we got to Vegas and the temp got 111,the popping got so loud you could hear it over the radio.BUT other than that wow was I impressed.mileage worst case,22mpg,but most of that was in the mountains.Best case 25.9mpg,about three tanks,most of time around 24mpg.Confort,great ,never got sore or stiff,driver side confort was really great,sometimes drove for 12 hours.Power,no problem even in the mountains,just truned off O/D.For those of you that don't know,comming out of southern Cal.on Interstate 15 there is an incline that lasts 16 miles,many people were down on the side of the road,but my MPV never got higher than half on temperature gauge.Temperatures were over 100.I went from desert to 9000 feet on Tioga pass so we had a big run of conditions.Really happy with whole trip.Oh getting tie rods changed this week.By the way,just for info.Only one Holiday inn in N.M.ever checked photo ID with credit card,you all be careful out there.
  • Options
    Glad you had a fun trip! If you have any road trip photos to contribute, you should post them over at the Mazda MPV Club-Road Trip Forum for all to see and admire!

--java
  • Options
    dbs2001dbs2001 Member Posts: 46
    Glad you enjoyed your trip. We took virtually the same trip last year going from Silicon Valley to LA to Vegas & then back thru Death Valley over Tioga & thru Yosemite. We did it in a '91 Grand Caravan (before we got our ES). What a pain. The GC wanted to overheat, so we had to keep it under 40 going up the pass. If the passing gear kicked in, it would overheat. I may be taking the same route later this summer in our ES.

Dennis
  • Options
    sedsmomsedsmom Member Posts: 5
    Hi all.

I posted sometime ago regarding buying an MPV in Canada. Mazda has a warranty that crosses the border so that wasn't an issue (I confirmed this with Mazda first). Last weekend I bought a black 2001 ES in Vancouver BC. I have registered the car in Washington state and so far this has not been an issue in the least (I am still waiting for my title and GST tax refund). It took a lot of paperwork to get the deal together, but once you have everything worked out it was surprisingly easy to export the vehicle from Canada and import it into the US.

I paid $30,896 CAD + GST (which should be refunded to me). This price includes freight, PDI, air tax and tire levy + rear step plate and cargo mat in addition to a ridiculous documentation fee. ES in Canada has moonroof, 6 CD, 4-seasons standard (in addition to all standard equipment in the US). With the exchange rate that day I paid $20,177 USD (+GST) and a duty of $552. When all is said and done (once I get my GST back) I will have paid less than $20,800 + my state sales tax.

I elected to take the vehicle across myself and chose to leave speedo/odo in Km (speedo hadn't been a problem since smaller numbers are very visible). However, I could have gone through a registered importer and had the speedo/odo changed. The total to do this was $850 ($325 RI fee, $125 shipping to Seattle and $400 speedo change). The trick is you have to pay the car in full before they ship it (and hope everything goes alright in shipping I guess). I had no experience with this dealer and therefore chose to not handle it this way. Overall, I had a good experience with the dealer and sales person with the exception of the doc fee, and would consider the RI next time. I ended up agreeing to a doc fee before I went up and there were no surprises once I got there. I used Wolfe auto group and dealt with Richard.

For me it was worth the extra paperwork (I also got some amazing info from Jon Lofquist do a search for his messages if you are considering this). By the way I love my MPV. It handles great and power is not an issue at all.
  • Options
    Well, I know where I'm going for my next MPV purchase! Drew, hope you have a guest room! j/j.

--javadoc
  • Options
    songbirdmisongbirdmi Member Posts: 2
    Hi there - this is my first post -
    We just purchased a Rainforest Green MPV LX and
    have had it a few weeks. After looking at and
    driving every mini van there is, we just fell in
    love with it. However, this morning, while driving my daughter to school, I applied the brakes to stop, and heard a loud noise, as if I
    had run over something, it scared me half to death. There was nothing in the road though. I know it wasn't the anti-lock brakes, this was a totally different sound that came from the rear passenger side of the car. I came home and called my husband, and he said the
    same thing had happened to him a few days ago,
    he thought he had hit something or blew a tire.
    When he got out to look, everything was okay.
    Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone
    have info to share about this? We are supposed
    to take a trip to Florida in a few weeks, and I'm
    a little nervous now.
    Thanks
  • Options
    vtac1vtac1 Member Posts: 18
    Let's hope it's something simple.Have you checked to see if your spare tire is loose?Thats the area you are saying the noise comes from.Good luck
  • Options
    blacklxblacklx Member Posts: 60
    We took a 1 1/2 hour drive to the Oregon Coast this weekend and hubby and I drove separately since he had to work on Saturday and he had to haul some stuff back for my parents.

He followed me back, his parting word to me were, "You won't be able to kepe up with me since I have more ponys under the hood." He was driving our full-sized pickup with a big engine.

His first comment to me when we got back home were. "You were driving too fast." I had the cruise set for 60 (he said 65). I decided to really test it out passing on a hill and looked down and was going 80ish. Oops, decided I better stick to the cruise since I had the kiddies with me.

I guess he won't be telling me I've got the little engine anymore.
  • Options
    drrocketdrrocket Member Posts: 67
    Would one of you be so kind as to add the "Mazda MPV 3.0L V6" forum to the "Mazda MPV Owners" cluster? I'd like to stay informed, but tend not to venture out of the MPV Owners grouping of boards.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    seguyseguy Member Posts: 133
    how much do you guys/gals think a mpv with 7000 miles should be marked down, before the current incentives? ES with four seasons/roof rack. thanks
  • Options
    rk112rk112 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I looked at Mazda MPV(LX) and Nissan Quest(SE). I am deciding on the which one to buy. Can you please throw in your suggestions. Also the prices paid on Mazda MPV (LX) in San Jose, CA.

THanx
    RK
  • Options
    pjd58pjd58 Member Posts: 366
    with current incentives($1500 rebate)you should be able to purchase a new ES for approx $24000. Since the demo has 7000 miles, I wouldn't budge over $19500,and only if the van looks showroom new. Just my 2 pennies worth:)
  • Options
    both vans are good choices. You have to decide what is best for you and your family. The MPV's tumble rear seat, windows that"REALLY" open(sliding door), great reliablity and great looks sold us. Nissan is offering incentives on the Quest, since it is in the last year of production. Our neighbors, across the street, have a 99 Quest and they are very happy. We have owned our 01 LX for 2 months and love it to death. You should be able to purchase a 01 LX (loaded) MPV for $22.000. Read through current threads of both vans, I believe most MPV owners don't regret their purchase decision, we surely don't.
  • Options
    seguyseguy Member Posts: 133
    thanks for the input. Wondering how you came up with the 4500 discount with the 7000 miles? Is there a good rule of thumb ie: $500/1000 miles on demo? thanks again.
  • Options
    drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    We'll let KarenS, the host of the Owner's club message board know about your request ;-)

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • Options
    I took .50 a mile which seems standard. Then I deducted $1000.00 for the flaws this van will have, vs a new MPV. Remember, there are other factors to consider...warranty(7k out the window), when was the van titled?, no color choice, who drove this van?(early miles are crucial to the life of the engine). This is just my opinion. If you want a new MPV, consider the LX, with lot's of options for $22000, of course no leather. Good luck
  • Options
    last month I was following my wife in her MPV and she was driving it like a Miata, I couldn't keep up with her. She later told me it rides so well she couldn't tell how fast she was driving. I asked her if she thought she was in the zoom zoom commerical:)

Off topic, since we love Mazda, has anyone seen the new 02 Protege 5, looks real sharp.
  • Options
    ...with me on my next car buying trip! You'll think of twice as many ways to lower the price than I can!

Haven't seen the new Protoge5, except in pictures. It does look nice. A bit small for what I'd be looking for, but very cool indeed. I'm thinking five-door Miata when I see that car. Got my eye on the Tribute...and still wishing for a N/A AWD MPV, even if I have to go to Canuck-land to get one.

happy motoring!

--javadoc
  • Options
    Why?

Dealer want's you to think of it as a new car, but it is really a used car.

My advice, start from the used trade value and make your sales guy talk you up from that.

That is the value it will be worth when you drive it off, so start low and set yourself a ceiling. If you can get the car at less than your ceiling, then buy it.

Other reasons it might be cheaper to buy new. Incentives! If there are rebates or special financing deals, they many not apply to your demo unit.

To the poster with $0.50/mile deduct. That's a bit high. Lease miles don't generally cost that much. While the IRS allows you to deduct around $0.31/mile, that figure includes gas, insurance, maintenance and depreciation per mile. The dealer has already paid the first three, so you have to calculate the depreciation per mile.

If you figure a 100K mile lifetime on a $25K car, then it couldn't be much more than $0.25/mile deduct.

So that is another approach, start at the invoice price and deduct $0.25/mile and start there.

Again, pick a ceiling and don't exceed that figure.

And of course, you gotta figure the complete picture. If you have a trade, then figure the difference price between the two.

Don't let them talk payment, you want to talk one number, the out the door price of the van or the out the door difference between your van and your trade.

An out the door price includes tax, tags, title.

So take some time learning what the tax rate in your state/county is, how much it costs for new tags/title, and then add those to your offer.

Make sure the saleperson understands that you are presenting an out the door offer, and if they try to pack other things in the deal after you have agreed to this out the door number, that you will be out the door and they will be without a sale!

Don't be rude, but be firm.

Take someone to be objective, so someone else can look at the numbers. Of course, someone you trust. That is what the salesmanager is, another set of eyes to lookover the deal, with the dealership's best interest in mind.

Take nothing personally, it is just business!

HTH

TB
  • Options
    no way would I consider 25 to 31 on a demo. If they want to sell the demo at that kind of discount I would tell them to keep it. Fifty cents off per mile is a fair starting out point, or he might as well buy new. My starting off point was what the Van cost new, from invoice less $1500 incentive. I was working down, you worked it up from used. I believe our final prices would be similar, just a diffrent way to arrive at the same number.Of course, you can't take 50 off a older more mileage car. I took into consideration the incentives offered for a new van. I believe most dealers won't accept the offer I proposed to Seguy. I won't pay a penny more than $19,500 for a 01 ES with 7k. Demos usually have lousy deals when you consider all of the factors I posted in #1678.
    Pete
  • Options
    New 2001 MPV ES w/4 seasons and roof rack.

Invoice $25535, that includes destination charge.

If we deduct $1750 for mileage we get $23785.

If there are any incentives, I would deduct them from any offer as well, so you might get down to 22250ish.

Let's look at it as a used car:

These numbers are for a 2000 since there is no Edmunds TMV for a 2001

I couldn't equip the van exactly, but I did equip it with Rear Heat, Moon Roof and other options that increase the value about $650 to $850 depending on trade or retail pricing.

Trade in: $18143
    Private Sale: $19443
    Retail: $21755

The used price on a 2001 will be a bit higher.

You can try for the under $20K price, but the dealer probably has more money than that in it. (That 23.8K figure above) So it will be hard to convince him to sell it for that.

Heck, even if we allow the $0.50/mile, the dealer still has about $22.1K in the car.

As much as you would like to buy it for under $20K, unless there are some factory incentives that can apply to the demo unit, I doubt you could get away for less than $22K

Like I (and many others) said, a demo is probably hardest to get a good deal on.

Nothing against what pjd says. He gave a figure of what he would pay. I'm just taking a look from the dealers perspective (I'm not a dealer, so I'm role playing here :)

The trick is getting the dealer to accept your offer. All the calculations in the world are meaningless if the dealer says no.

HTH

TB
  • Options
    valkantvalkant Member Posts: 2
    for all of you. Can you try to be more specific
    about model wich you buy and price.
    I think it would be a good idea and it help a lot to other peoples who want to buy MPV
    I think it is a best minivan on a market now.
    I have tryed ALL and I was amazed by quality, functiality and design.
  • Options
    billmckinleybillmckinley Member Posts: 167
    2001 LX
    Purchased: 2/10/01
    roof rack
    rear air
    side airbags
    security package
    List: $25552
    Invoice: $23046
    Paid: $22046

You should be able to do better, since the rebate is larger now and it's getting on toward the end of the model year.

Good Luck--

RJ
  • Options
    We Purchased our 2001 Sand Mica, MPV LX 4/1/01
    Security Pkg.(Side airbags,alarm, alloy wheels w/ locks, and floor mats)
    4 Seasons
    Roof rack
    Rear Air
    Step Plate

MSRP $25,600
    Invoice $23,400
    Paid $22,500

You should be able to get a better deal, current rebate is $1,500 till early July.

Good Luck....Zoom Zoom!
  • Options
    whisper1whisper1 Member Posts: 50
    The 22k + change is before misc fees and taxes, right? I assume they exist in US.

I brought my 01 LX with mud flaps and bug deflector for 26.5k Canadian before misc fees and taxes.

Taking the exchange rate into consideration, Canadian MPVs are very "CHEAP"!
  • Options
    tax not included in my price. No misc fees charged. Destination($480.00)was included in my price. Remember, I have the Security Pkg, 4 season's, roof rack, rear air. Appox. 2000+ in options. I paid $1000 less invoice, new buyer's should be able to do a little better currently.
    Hope this helps!
  • Options
    billmckinleybillmckinley Member Posts: 167
    Right. TT&L were in addition to the $22+K [which was essentialy $1k under invoice]. Pennsylvania has a sane tax system, which I presume isn't unique: it deducts the value of the trade-in from the value of the new car. And I was trading in a 98 Cherokee Limited, so I didn't get hit all that hard. Title and License were basically in the spare change category. Out the door was under $23K.

And if you got an LX for C$26.5, I hope you went out to a grand restaurant and dined very well indeed with some of the money you saved. What a deal! :)

RJ
  • Options
    maybe he should take both of us out to a swanky restaurant:)
  • Options
    gunga64gunga64 Member Posts: 271
    MPV DX

power package
    Rear AC
    and Desitnation

19,995+ tax,tags

Does this sound good to you guys?

Also what should I look for while I test drive it, I know some of you had problems with certain years can you guys clue me in on what to look for?

Also this might be a dumb question, but have any of you removed the 2nd set of seats to get
    better gas mileage?

THanks for any input
  • Options
    IMO, you did OK with your price quote. On this Edmonds Site, I checked the numbers. MSRP $23,125 , Invoice $21,408 less current $1500.00 rebate puts you right at your quote. Make sure your Mazda dealer doesn't try to add any "extras", clearcoat etc etc.

Did you ever consider a LX with no options? You would get quite a bit more options for only $1500.00 more (ABS, CD, Tinted Windows, and lots more).

During your test drive I would check it under your normal driving conditions. See if your dealer would let you have it for 24 hours. I would especially be concerned of the van pulling at highway speeds and vibration. See if your family can live with the 2.5 engine, some people need more power off the line.

I wouldn't worry about taking out the middle seats, they only weight about 37 pounds each.
    Good luck,
    Pete
  • Options
    spin_doctorspin_doctor Member Posts: 10
    Yes, I agree totally: Canadians pay much less than Americans do for the same MPV, HEHEHEHEHE! I paid about 20% less than an American would have, and got 0% financing.

As for those who posted about the Protege5, I'm sure there's already a board full of info out there. I sat in one yesterday, but couldn't get a test drive: first shipment sold out, and the entire second shipment already pre-sold.

I'd been interested in something like the Protege5 since '99 when I lived in Denmark. Over there, they had the 323F which I guess is the predecessor to the p5. What can I say, it's NICE! It looks sexy, it feels solid, and the interior is nicer than my '99 Civic. I WANT ONE!
  • Options
    bob57bob57 Member Posts: 302
    What? Think you have better things up there - Huh?
    Just because Canada built the Shuttle arm and it works perfectly, never failed....er, wait aminute.
    (I worked three Shuttle flights from Mission Control - good job guys).
    Sorry for "swerving off" the subject matter but we can't let these guys get away with this :))
  • Options
    alexv1nalexv1n Member Posts: 248
    Sorry. Too late. We have already gotten away with it :-) In August last year I bought 2000 LX with dual air, 16" alloy wheels, leather steering wheel, 6CD changer, remote key + 4 season package which is standard here anyways, along with floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, fog lights for CDN$29,000 (about US$19,300). And it was still several hundreds above the invoice...
  • Options
    whisper1whisper1 Member Posts: 50
    I don't understand the logic for the power window lock out pushbutton.

In the up position, the drive has control for all the windows and each passenger has his own control as well. No problem here.

In the down position, the drive has NO control for all the windows except his own, each passenger still retain his own control. It should be driver still has full control for all the windows but all passenger controls are disabled!
  • Options
    alexv1nalexv1n Member Posts: 248
    Hmmm, that's not how it works on mine... At least when the windows are locked, the front passenger window is locked as well. I guess I never tried to lower rear windows from the back when in lock position... I do agree that the lock button should still allow the driver to operate all windows, but I guess this is designed for safety, the same as having one touch close button (like driver's one touch open).

The most probable scenario of hurting someone is if a person sticks out of a rear window and the driver tried to close his window uses a wrong control and actually closes the rear window. It is less possible if a person sticks out of a window and tries to close it at the same time. If the driver does want to close/open other windows and discover that they are locked, it only takes one button press to unlock (which is not so easy to do from the back)...

I guess there is a sense in that, even though I would prefer it to work backwards (and again having the window closed without having to hold the close button up all the way)... But safety is safety and I guess no one wants extra legal claims because someone gets hurt by a power window...
  • Options
    msgjvhmsgjvh Member Posts: 196
    My Subaru has the auto feature that works on the drivers side in both directions up and down. This is the only car I have owned that had both directions. I love it! I wish the MPV had it.

My MPV's switch locks out all the windows.
  • Options
    valkantvalkant Member Posts: 2
    I see alot of complains about vibrating
    I have tryed 5 cars in 3 different dillership
    I have not notice any vibration on freeway at55-80.
    Where are you driving guys?
    Maybe I cant feel it because we have a bad roads in Indiana.
  • Options
    COOL! I'm post 1700!!!!

Audi has this auto up/down feature as well as Subaru, and it's a shame everybody isn't doin' it. I can't think of any other marque offhand that do use the auto up switches. I know you could buy the switches for Saabs from an aftermarket firm. It would be a handy feature on the MPV, to be sure.

I've been thinking that the window lock-out switch that Mazda's using on the MPV is kind of a cop out (sorry, I still love the van). It seems a cheaper way to do the lock out by basically removing power to the window motors instead of just the switches. If they just disabled the switches, then the driver still had the ultimate control. Otherwise, I really like the placement of the switchgear and the feel of it. My fingers drop right onto the front window controls when I'm driving...no fumbling at all. Anyway, my skewed 2 cents.

-javadoc
  • Options
    rallychamprallychamp Member Posts: 14
    I believe that all German cars have the auto up/down power window feature on the drivers side (my BMW does) and I am sure that many luxo automobiles do too.

Since we are talking about power options, I wish that the sunroof on my MPV ES had the auto open and close feature like my Grand Cherokee had.

I am sure that we can all wish for a lot of things, but still a great van. I get a lot of comments that the van looks like an SUV instead of a minivan and that it looks like a car on the inside. I have the GFX package which really changes the looks.
  • Options
    rice13rice13 Member Posts: 3
    I've been looking at minivans and the MPV seems in many respects to be the best value for the money (and doesn't require a 2-month wait like the Odessey). I've got an 11-year-old Mazda pick-up that I bought new, and have never had a problem with it, so I'd expect to get good reliability and longevity from the van.

The only reason I haven't taken the plunge yet is the disappointingly small cargo space. I need a van because I need passenger space for 5, which the MPV provides comfortably. But I'm not sure that the small cargo space on the MPV would work on a long trip with luggage for 5. How have MPV owners managed on a long trip? (I don't care about hauling lumber or furniture, since I have the Mazda pick-up which I intend to keep till it dies.)

I've looked at the Odessey, which has super cargo space, but I'm not keen on the price-tag or the wait. The Grand Caravan seems also to have good cargo space, but I'm skeptical about quality (I want 150,000 to 200,000 miles out of this vehicle!).

Any thoughts about how the MPV cargo space works for luggage? Other vans worth considering?