Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Maxima

Comments

• Options
    joenissanjoenissan Member Posts: 313
    I do keep a compuer log of everything done to my cars BUT...lol...get this.... I put the car in the Pennysaver for 12,900...the pennysaver came out on a Monday...the couple who bought the car looked at it on wednesday night, offered me 12,700...and wanted the car by the very next day. I hadn't even bought my 2k yet. But...here's the kicker.....I still owed like 9g on the car...These people not only paid in CASH, They wanted a clear title..so..they drove all the way (about an hours ride from here) to lower westchester to the bank holding the loan, and actually paid off MY existing car loan, and came back to me with the PAID receipt, and the remaining amout in cash ! LOL...I swear ..if someone else had told me this story I'd have laughed and said...BS. Needless to say...I had to run out and find the 2k I wanted, and in a hurry.

Joe
  • Options
    norbert444norbert444 Member Posts: 195
    Finally, I got it figured out:
    When you want to post a message, first log out at the earliest opportunity (just after coming into the Town Hall and using the Sign Out button). Then come to this forum and use the Login hyperlink at the top (or the bottom) of the page.

If this helps to bring whacko back, so be it - it is a free country
    ;-)
  • Options
    budhinckleybudhinckley Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the tip - as it turned out, I didn't need it. As you said, that fuse for the "electronics" is labeled white on black instead of black on white and the slot for the fuse is a bit misaligned with the others, and therefore not difficult to miss. I spotted it a few hours ago, before now reading your post.

I still had to bring the GLE to the shop because the Bose stereo is working (at least the display is) but nothing comes out of the speakers. After an hour, they told me they would have to order a complete new Bose system for the car - and it wouldn't likely be here until after the New Year.

So much for listening to any Christmas CDs ....

Thanks again!
  • Options
    budhinckleybudhinckley Member Posts: 25
    So I patiently wait 5 months for a special ordered GLE with no sunroof and I finally got it last week. Looks good, runs great, but one key thing doesn't work - no sound comes out of the speakers from the Bose stero! The stereo display works but nothing at all gets to the speakers. I took it to the dealer today and after an hour of work on the problem, it was decided a complete unit would have to be ordered as a replacement. And it won't likely arrive until early January. :(

You never know how much a stereo means to you until you go weeks without them!
  • Options
    dukehouston2dukehouston2 Member Posts: 36
    This board has become the most maddening computer site in my history, log-in log-off problems can't post etc. I know one thing I am writing this with Explorer, and it sure looks different than the look and performance with Netscape. If this does post it is clear to me that our brilliant programmers never beta tested this with Net., and it shows. Remember last week, click Max #4168 book-mark, see updated posts, read them, post your own, see it post, leave the site. Kiss principle personified, now what???
  • Options
    It seems to me that it is easier to bookmark things now, at least in my layman's opinion.
    What is a definite improvement is the 30 minute edit opportunity after I post my message. So I do not have to post "Correction" message after I goof up something. Speaking for myself only, of course... ;=)

Also, it is possible to plainly delete my own message rather than "scribble" or "hide" it which I always found a little ridiculous.

I venture to predict that we will like the new look and feel once we get used to it. :-)
  • Options
    You're welcome.
    I wonder if your dealer tried to hook up a pair of known good speakers to your stereo (maybe that is not easy, Joe would probably know).

I had a Chevy in the seventies which had one speaker placed on the dashboard that was inoperative and extremely difficult to get to. It appeared that the GM people caught it at the checking station before that car was shipped out of the factory, so what did they do? They taped another speaker in the maze of air control cables under the dashboard and hooked that one up, leaving the defective one on the dash!! I did not find out until my air controls could not be moved years later (when the warranty was gone and the tapes dried up and fell off, lodging the speaker in the controls) ...
  • Options
    eksterekster Member Posts: 22
    I bookmarked this site yesterday, tried it before leaving for the night (and it worked) tried it today and I went to the Oldsmobile Intrigue VII board. I'm sure this info will help edmunds programmers to straighten out all problems immediately. Happy Holidays.
  • Options
    20012kse20012kse Member Posts: 15
    I saw your handy work over at a yahoo conference, your still stirring the pot and making trouble where ever you go. Why don't you get help for yourself and stop with this nonsense. Norbert444, Whacko and Rpm9 same person...........
  • Options
    rizzo5rizzo5 Member Posts: 8
    I'm sorry to ask again, but could someone please refer me to a post that would tell me how to attempt to reduce the amount of shaking around the lock barrel does in the lock shaft of the glovebox? I know someone posted a method, but I can't seem to find the post now that I've been out of town for some while, and this whole format has changed. (Did some posts get lost in the reorg?)

Also, I've always had this rattle/vibration coming from the Bose speaker unit. I seem to have found at least a partial fix. I removed the Bose speaker unit cover, and placed some towels tightly between right side of the speaker where there is a flat metal section, and the speaker cover. At least it has damped some of the vibration. Hope this helps those of you with a similar problem. Now, on with my continuing quest to cure all my rattles!!
  • Options
    umpopaumpopa Member Posts: 37
    Hi, all.
    I found that identifying the particular group (like Maxima-Part 11) and clicking on the subscribe button (not the bookmark button) puts it into my Message Center, and then when coming into Town Hall, I navigate to Message Center, and the initial message of each group I've subscribed to is listed there. Clicking on the message brings up the group, and I can read through all of them to catch up from there...and then the message identifying that group vanishes from my message center. Only problem: to access the Message Center, I can only fo it AFTER accessing a Topic (like Sedans). If this Message Center feature was available from the Town Hall home screen, it wold be more efficient.
    -umpopa
  • Options
    canadianclcanadiancl Member Posts: 1,078
    What do you have against norbert444? Maybe I missed something, but I have not seen any posts (recently) from norbert that can be considered inflamatory.
  • Options
    Even though Edmund's change in format may take some getting used to, the edit feature sure is great.
  • Options
    I am 99% sure that norbert444 and rpm9 are the same person and almost sure that whacko is the same also. His inflammatory posts are in the old edmunds conference. But I noticed he has been deleting many of his previous posting. We have been carefully looking at his style of writing considering my background and we are sure he is posting using multiple names.
  • Options
    I have been at my wits end trying to get by the log in , already logged in problem to post and the non-posting even with edit, copy ,paste etc. All of that was done with Netscape or actually not done, because it never worked. So I tried IE on the front page soft-ware page and it worked..twice!! So here I am, holding my nose, using Explorer and trying to post, by simply clicking post. If this works maybe they can fix the site for Netscape users and we can enjoy it again

Duke
  • Options
    It worked after I lit up the post clicked edit, copy, back then post. The front page all I did was click post and it worked.

Duke
  • Options
    rpm9rpm9 Member Posts: 73
    I am back with a vengeance, you Maxima Mofos! I have missed you all so dearly. While I've been away, I have blown away three SEs in a 1/4 mile in my hot Pontiac Grand Am. But rest assured, there will be more Maximas to conquer!
  • Options
    Hey joe, yoo da man in dis forum, baby! Too bad every forum doesn't have a Mack Daddy Door Man like you. I want you to know that I admire you plenty, and I respect the knowledge that you have with the Maximas. But let's not ever forget that Pontiac builds excitement -- but Nissans on the other hand -- well, they're just driven.
  • Options
    Just want you to know that norbert444, whacko, and rpm9 are impressed with your detective work. Perhaps you should change your edmunds nick name to "nypd_blue" or something. Meanwhile, us three separate and demented personalities that are generated from one tormented wretched soul really appreciate your keen and desireable interest in us. As soon as we get one, we will notify you of our fan club address and we'll make sure to send you an autographed picture of us three sitting in a Grand Am.
  • Options
    20012kse was the one that was on to you. I wasn't sure if the three of you were sharing one brain. But if 20012kse is right about you, then that one brain is definitely resulting in a brain shortage for the 3 of you.
  • Options
    misel00misel00 Member Posts: 4
    To all who may be interested...
    I have just sold my 2000 MAX SE...I bought the
    changer when I got the car for over $500
    dollars(I know I paid a lot but that's how much they were back then!)..It is brand new(all serial numbers are on
    the unit and box!), in the original NISSAN OEM BOX,
    Never even been opened!!!(THE PRemier-AFTER MARKET UNIT- is not even close to the OEM and I would not get anything but OEM NISSAN)... I was just too busy(or
    lazy!..LOL) to install it in my 2000 max
    SE.....anyone interested in a BRand new OEM (model
    # B8183-C9961)6 disc changer for the 2000-2001
    max..this is a steal..I am willing to sell it for
    $225.00 plus shipping(if that's possible..not
    sure? COD?)..or just pick it up if you live in the NY\NJ\CT
    Tri-state area..any questions please e-mail me at
    Misel00@aol.com..Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PS..Also once installed no dealer will ever know that you didn't have it when you bought the car thus carrying the full Nissan Bumper to bumper warranty..this was told to me by a service manager at my local Nissan!!!!!!)
  • Options
    Look at post 99 in this thread.
  • Options
    lsflsf Member Posts: 98
    It's clear to me that 2001kse, rpm9 and whacko are related if not the same person. They ONLY come in here to stir things up. 2001kse has never posted anything to do with a Maxima. Norbert has been in here for several months, long before this recent crap began. I suggest you guys (2001kse, rpm9 and whacko) go bother the 300M gang.
  • Options
    whackowhacko Member Posts: 96
    I finally figured this dang thing out! Anyway, this is Whacko back to stir it up. And please do not mix me up with either norbert444 or rpm9 because I am the one and only WHACKO, and the name says it all. I've been seeing a lot of new Maximas lately. Sure is too bad about them rear ends. Other than that, they're mighty mean cars.
  • Options
    Why don't you quit playing a police detective wannabe and start talking cars. This forum is not about hunting down psychos. This is about cars, whether they're good, bad or ugly (like the Maximas rear end).
  • Options
    rgistrgist Member Posts: 8
    You call the Maxima's rear ugly, yet you drive a slow ugly Ford Festiva. You need some help.
  • Options
    I looked back aways and I haven't seen anything worth while posted by yourself so whats up with you. Take your own advice and move on if you do not have anything constructive to say except what you have already said which is nothing. And no I am not the same person as rpm9 and whacko but norbert444 is or maybe norbert444 has more user names like 1st.
  • Options
    shermaxshermax Member Posts: 31
    Just ran into the service manager from Kelly at a liquor store in Natick. He was also driving a Max and asked me how I liked mine... anyway it was all I could do to not ask him about the guy with chirping motor mounts, LOL. He seemed like a nice guy.
  • Options
    What you don't know is that I have a bumper sticker on my Festiva that says: "My Other Car is a 99 Maxima (cuz the 00 Max has an ugly rear end)..."
  • Options
    greforgrefor Member Posts: 34
    new and improved web-site is this? I used to type in 'maxima' and get all of the topics containing the word maxima. Now I get the toyota solara, mazda 626, etc. If I wanted the sedan conference, i would have clicked on that. I want anything that has to do with Maximas!! There were some other good threads comparing the max with other cars and nobody posts to them anymore because they are too confused. Hopefully, these shortcomings will be addressed shortly or I'm going to cancel my subscription:)
  • Options
    jeffmaxse2kjeffmaxse2k Member Posts: 38
    More than likely it was the Service Manager from Kellys in Lynnfield not Beverly....was he a short heavy set guy with a mustache? Ron Jinard is the SM in Beverly and he is really a super nice guy. I found out that the Service Manager at Frost Nissan is in my Air Force Reserve unit..talked to him a little bit about the noises and he said he's never heard of a Maxima doing that.....going to give him a call after the holidays to have him take a listen. It will be nice to have a "fresh" set of Nissan ears :) Speaking of that I'm still waiting for my 7/100000 Gold warranty to arrive that Nissan gave me over this issue. Hey Joe, how long does that take to process?

If it was Ron at the store in Natick and you asked him about the mounts he may have popped the bottle right then and there and chugged it :)
  • Options
    shermaxshermax Member Posts: 31
    It was Kevin from Lynnfield.
  • Options
    I was also wondering why a search for "maxima" brings all these other forums. So I tried "maxima - Part 11" which would be the normal way of narrowing the search. It still brought out all these other subjects! edmunds have their work cut out...

When you cancel your subscription, do you get a refund? ;-) Maybe whacko can comment on that, since he doesn't drive a Maxima, just looks at them from the rear... :=0
  • Options
    Dear Edmunds,

If you do not fix this new format, I will start lying and telling everybody in all the forums that the Maxima has a nicely designed rear end. I will also lie and say that the Aztek is the best designed new car in the market and the Echo is the "Muscle Car of the Year..." Hey, and norbert444 (I'm talking to myself now) -- when I looked in the mirror and saw your face, I realized how handsome I was.
  • Options
    Your right about Whacko. I don't necessarily agree with him, but he is interesting, LOL.
  • Options
    wg45678wg45678 Member Posts: 55
    Re#622 -- that would be an interesting photo. Who sits on the console gearshift?

Re#621 -- Based on my last few GM experiences, I figure Pontiac builds excitement based upon nervous tension about wondering what's gonna break next. I do 'just drive' my Maxima...

GrandAms in general: The Maxima may have a 'butt-ugly' rear end (assuming you find butts ugly), but at least it doesn't have all that hokie plastic body side cladding. What does that stuff do, anyway? Best I can figure is that it helps in drag races by falling off at the right time and producing obstacles for the competition :-). (Kinda like Junior Johnson's Chevy stock car some years back -- kept losing parts on the track, eliminating some of the competition as well as making his car lighter).
  • Options
    afterburner2afterburner2 Member Posts: 6
    Now things are getting interesting when the same person with different user names starts talking to each other. That sure is one way to get support for insulting members. If you have enough user names to pat yourself on the back with one might think that your insults are supported.
  • Options
    The only question is which one of the same users will log in first? Maybe 1sf will log in and thank norbert44 for his support and tell him that he agrees with him? Then he will log out and log back in as norbert44 and thank 1sf for this support. All this thanking back and forth by the same person?? What could be next kids, maybe norbert44 will log out and log back in as whacko to shack things up?? All this can happen in any order that norbert44, 1sf, whacko and rpm9 want it to happen. Nortert44 and 1sf are the good guys who will always support each other, and whacko, rpm9 and others are the bad guys who they join forces to ridicule together. They will always tell each other that their right to support each other. What could be next kids??
  • Options
    Isn't he also a suspect in this schizo lovefest?
  • Options
    george2kmaxgeorge2kmax Member Posts: 94
    But wait , I do not want to say I support your theory because Norbert444 will come back and say that you and I are the same user, which he was nice enough to have said already regarding other members!
  • Options
    Decorum prohibits my desired response. Take your keyboard and go home afterburner, or is it 20012kse (what are you an '01 or a 2K SE?? which in and of itself shows you're a fraud!)
  • Options
    joenissanjoenissan Member Posts: 313
    I, for one, have taken all the kiddie chat I can handle. This is NOT what this forum is for. Along with this awful new format, the lack of actual Maxima chat...No need to bother any longer. later folks...good luck !

Joe
  • Options
    kyleknickskyleknicks Member Posts: 433
    this is absurd.... this is a max board... i aint bothering to come here anymore
  • Options
    rslnp1rslnp1 Member Posts: 29
    I agree with Joe! This board was, at one time, informative and now a bunch potato heads monopolize most of the postings. Later...
  • Options
    Christmas is coming and maybe we can talk about gifts. There aren't too many places where one can get free gifts but this forum has been one of them - and will be again.

Speaking for myself, I want to thank again to many people who made this forum worthwhile for me to come to:

gerapau - you gave me advice on heat ducts while I was buying my Max around January (you might not remember but I did not forget)
    joenissan - you raised the level of advice in this forum (and got a lot of flak, which you handled gracefully)
    umpopa - you have been a level-headed voice
    pg - wise advice in #567
    bamadj - another level-headed and analytical mind
    bigk200 - helpful comments and persistence on doing things right by the big manual which many of us wish we owned but are afraid to take the plunge, or whatever
    automophile, canadiancl, lsf - standing up for what's right
    whacko - for your rear-end and other fun comments.

And countless others who really made this forum helpful, entertaining and worthwhile to read for this Maxima owner.

I wish you all very pleasant and gift-filled Christmas Holidays.
    -Norbert
  • Options
    joenissan, kyleknicks, and rslnp -- We won't really miss you all that much. The Maxima forum will move one. Long live the Nissan Maxima!!! And besides, we still got norbert444.
  • Options
    Congratulation for turning this forum into a circus. Too bad you cannot undo what you clearly wanted to do here.

Yes whacko we still have norbert444 and yourself and we both know that neither one of you are going anywhere.
  • Options
    Say it ain't so, Joe. Say it ain't so...
  • Options
    phkckphkck Member Posts: 185
    Love my Max in the snow with the traction control! Really gets going in the ice and snow. Seem to be getting 20 MPG lately (Auto).
  • Options
    blackstone3blackstone3 Member Posts: 29
    I have a 2K SE Auto with about 4500 miles. Every once in a while when brake just before I stop I hear a noise coming from the front left brake. It is not very loud is it sound like a thump. Any ideas on what it might be. I was hoping to what until I got my tires rotated to bring it in. Thanks.