Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• Options
    djcisco3djcisco3 Member Posts: 1
    Did anyone know that the german models of the c class with navigation have a tv button.(look in the owners manual) That is what the button with no lettering is. If there are any engineers or audio/video guys out there that know how to pre wire for video imputs please please email me back. djcisco@aol.com. Or if u know where i could get some converer i dont care if its straight from germany email me as well. I want that button to work.

Thanks Steve Cisternas
  • Options
    fedssocrfedssocr Member Posts: 90
    Congrats on finally getting your car. They are amazing machines. I got my CD changer for $800 too, so that must be the going rate these days. Of course the salesman tried to make it sound like he was doing me a big favor by "giving it to me" at that price, but the extra $100 will fill the gas tank a couple of times. (He also warned me, btw, that at first the car will get terrible gas mileage. And he was right about that as 60 or so miles of in town driving has already sucked up 1/4 tank). I think you basically just need to ask for what you want and see what they'll do for you. If your dealer is anything like mine they will be very interested in making you happy so you'll say nice things about them on their survey. They're already making a few thousnad dollars off of you by selling the car at MSRP, so they can afford to "throw in" a couple of hundred dollars worth of stuff. In my case I asked for the trunk cargo nets. Salesman claims they are on back order but I should call in a couple of weeks to get them. For the moment I am assuming that means I will get them for free. If not I may order them from Clair just to spite my dealer. I think your key chain should be pretty easy to get. :-)
  • Options
    hoppyenghoppyeng Member Posts: 25
    It is a rip-off for dealers to charge $800 to $1000 to install the CD changer. The way I did mine was to purchase the changer/bracket/cable from Claire (about $430) and had my local dealer installed it ($110). The total I paid was $540. Still too much but better than paying $1000. It is also guaranted for the 4-year warranty period.
  • Options
    tomc240tomc240 Member Posts: 3
    check the mb.web,cd changer price mark down to $522 only!
  • Options
    santillansantillan Member Posts: 10
    I managed to convince my dealer to match clair parts cd changer's price. They reluctantly did though. I was very surprised. They had a hard grasping the fact that clair parts was an authorized dealership and kept telling me that "they will not install anything that isn't bought from them". I somehow convinced my salesperson to convince the service mgr and in a week I'll have my car with the cd player. I just hope I don't have the same problems you guys were having with the am radio.

Also, do you think it would be greedy of me to ask for the all-season floor mats for free? I think I have a good deal already. C320 brilliant silver/charcoal, c2, cd player, all for ~$1000 over invoice. I'm here in Jersey. Mercedes Benz of Morristown. Salesman was Armando Flores. Straight up guy. Tell him I sent you.

So do you think I should ask for the floor mats?
  • Options
    cclass117cclass117 Member Posts: 36
    Thanks..

My c's silver.

Silver 240 Full opt/Leather except Folding seat.

http://community.webshots.com/user/tibbie1217
  • Options
    cclass117cclass117 Member Posts: 36
    I found something for ya..

Haha.. Everybody knows you like MLs..

I don't know if you use WinAmp, but if you do...

Check this out.

http://www.winamp.com/customize/detail.jhtml?componentId=3078

It's ML55 Skin for WinAmp.

It's not made professionally but...oh well of you like MLs...

=)
  • Options
    cticctic Member Posts: 291
    You are speaking for a minority of customers. Most people who order a C320 do not want stick. I've driven a stick for years, but I don't want a stick in my 4 door sedan. If I want to row my own gears I want to do it in a 2 dr coupe or convertible, by myself, not with my family in the back seat.

And most people who want to shift their own gears don't want this car anyway, they're looking at a BMW.

But MB does listen, a few years ago the standard transmission on a SLK was an auto. Now it's a stick.
  • Options
    pompano73pompano73 Member Posts: 20
    I love this message board!! I ordered my c320 (Black-Java) in January, was told it should arrive at the end of March, I did not order full leather because I did not see much difference, starting to regret that decesion, do you guys think I should re-order with leather? Also, is 40k even a good price with c2 package and cd? Finally, since I will be using this for work purposes, any complaints on backseat comfort? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    hoppyenghoppyeng Member Posts: 25
    I have a Black/Charcoal C320 with no premium leather. Save the $. One can not tell the difference. The seat is very comfortable as it is.
  • Options
    acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    cclass117 The silver exterior is really nice. What is the interior color called. It looks very light but really striking. From the pictures, it looks as if it would go well with just about any exterior color.
  • Options
    mga3mga3 Member Posts: 51
    I too, am ordering a Blk C320 wth Java interior,C2,C3 pkgs. and full Leather for $40,090.
    In addition, the dealer is throwing in the CD changer,car cover and allseason weather mats,and is paying the registration fees. So, I think you can do better.
    Bear in mind, I am leasing my car up here in the NY/NJ area where there is alot of competition. If you are in an area where there is only one or two MB dealers. Then you don't have that much room to negotiate,and they know that.
  • Options
    newmbfannewmbfan Member Posts: 59
    I ordered the standard interior and now regret it. If I had it to do over, I would get the full leather a forget the Bose.

The next closest dealer for me is about 100 miles so they were not negotiating. I did get the CD for $800. We did get a nice gift basket today from the salesman. Not a big deal but it was a nice touch for him to take the time!

The dealership has called twice just to check and make sure I am happy with the car. This is not like buying a Toyota. That is for sure!

btw, I got the date screwed up for the new owner seminar. It is Tuesday 2/13. I will post the answers I get to questions submitted.
  • Options
    zmeenowzmeenow Member Posts: 341
    imho... i think all of you that are being told that $800 is a "deal" for the cd changer are still getting ripped off! why can a bostom mb dealer sell it for $430?(no tax)..and... my dealer.. prestige in jersey installed it for $80!
    then again.. i had to be mr"1st on the block" to buy the car... and got no discount... so what do i know!!!! hahah
  • Options
    newmbfannewmbfan Member Posts: 59
    Mine is Black and Ash. I love the combination. The weather is supposed to be in the 70's this weekend so I will get a couple of coats of Zaino on her and post a few Pictures.

The Price of the CD changer is down to $522.00. I guess the SPECIAL $200.00 discount to $799.00 was not such a great deal after all. I will make them pay for that deal this weekend also!!!!!!!!
    The Salesman made a big deal out of it and told me that the dealership was going to make about 80 bucks on the deal.

Oh well, it's only money and I do really like the car!
  • Options
    black and ash here too... looks so good when its clean and all slicked up ith zaino! unfortunately,the nj weather prevents me(no garage) from doing the treatment now,.. waiting for the warmer.. and sunnier weather !
  • Options
    newmbfan,
    Looking forward to seeing images of your Black C. As I will be taking delivery of a Blk/Java 320 in mid March. That is the one color that is yet to be posted on this site.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the comments, after I did more pricing research, I come up with about 38k for mine as equipped. What do you think? Also, the dealer is throwing in the cd changer for me. I think that seems reasonable.
  • Options
    dennettdennett Member Posts: 332
    For those of us that paid full MSRP 38k for a 320 with C2 and cd changer sounds great the car would MSRP for about 40k or a maybe closer to 41k with metallic paint. Either way 38k would be great, MB doesn't have a big markup on these cars, so I'd imagine that 38k would only be somewhere about a grand over invoice and I haven't heard of anybody doing better than that. You'd better go for it while you can! You won't regret buying, we sure haven't even at full price.
  • Options
    3-4 weeks ago there were several people here talking about their horror stories with their cars.
    Whatever happened to them? I don't remember their names but the one that really stands out is the guy who was taking his car to the Chicago auto show with big painted lemons on it!! I can only guess the situations were rectified, otherwise they'd still be here complaining about the cars, not that I'd blame them.

Roll Call- Are you you satisfied with your cars? How about your dealers?
    I'll vote first, we couldn't be much happier with our C. My only real complaint would be that the paint chips too easily, but I've seen 2000/01 $70k-100k MBs with the exact same micro type chips my car's gotten. Also I've heard bimmer owners make the same complaints, so it really must be the new environmentally friendly paints like everyone tells us. Other then that, we absolutely love our Benz! the car gets nothing but compliments, and most people seem to think it's a 50k-60k car.
  • Options
    Considering the model and options you are ordering. You are right on target regarding price. I'm glad the dealer is throwing in the CD changer. It's really no skin off their back.
  • Options
    lperakislperakis Member Posts: 49
    I took possesion of my fully loaded (literally every option and add-on except sport package) C320 (Bright Silver/Ash leather) a couple of weeks ago. Here is my thoughts after about 1000 miles:

1. All options work as advertised. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. From the voice activation to the personalize entry key to the tel-aid unlocking of the doors. Voice activation is GREAT and safe. Phone calls and working the CD and radio can, for the most part, be done by voice command.
    2. My car does not suffer from sqealing brakes nor does it have the lag when you step on the gas.
    3. Intitally the trunk would not close on the first time: you needed to try a couple of times. But now that seems to have fixed itself.
    4. MB's executing of an automatic that allows you to shift through the gears is good, not great. BMW does a better job here. For example, in the shift through the gears mode, if you start in 1st in a BMW, the trans will take it to red line then shift to 2nd if you forget to shift. In the MB you MUST shift into each gear..so don't forget or you'll run around in 1st gear all the time.
    5. I wish the gas tank were 2 or 3 gallons bigger. Seems to go through the tank quickly.
    6. Excellent seats. Driver side is multi-contoured. Very ver nice. Too bad that is not available on the passenger side as well.
    7. The menu system is confusing for setting convenience options. I needed to call MB using the Tel-aid 'i' button on how to set some options up.
    8. The manuals are not well written.
    9. Tele-aid people were outstanding.
    10. It is fun driving this machine. No, its not a BMW 530 or an Audi A6 2.6T when it comes to performance but it is easy and fun to drive ...and none of the competitors have the bells and whistles that MB has.
  • Options
    drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    MB's executing of an automatic that allows you to shift through the gears is good, not great. BMW does a better job here. For example, in the shift through the gears mode, if you start in 1st in a BMW, the trans will take it to red line then shift to 2nd if you forget to shift. In the MB you MUST shift into each gear..so don't forget or you'll run around in 1st gear all the time."

The ability to hold the gears is one of the positives of the Touchshift auto tranny. Many auto journalists have commented on this and how they dislike the other competing transmissions (ex. Steptronic, Tiptronic) doing the job for them even in manual mode. That's what the manual mode is for! If one can't remember to switch back to a higher gear, then simply leave it in "D" all of the time.

I don't know if any of you C-class owners have figured this out yet, but if you hold the tap and hold the shift lever to the left, the instrument cluster display will show you what gear you're in. It's a quick way for one to downshift without tapping the shifter multiple times. If you tap and hold the shifter to the right, it will jump from whatever gear you're in back into "D". Try it!

BTW, you can prompt the transmission to shift up to the next gear by tapping to the right at any time, even if the display is in the "D" mode. I find this useful when I step on the throttle pedal fairly hard, but don't want the transmission to hold the gear to higher rpms before shifting. Try this too!

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • Options
    drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    for the Winamp skin :-)
  • Options
    ok.. here we go..:
    1)perfect?...nearly... drivers seat has a small squeak will have it taken care of at oil change..express up on drivers side occasionally doesnt work..will take of that too
    2) i only have c2 but.. the wipers great.. this week driving around after the snowfall.. cars splashing up melted snow.. one or 2 swipes the winshield is clean with my hands never leaving the steering wheel!
    3) touch shift trans.. i have played with it and found where the pros and cons are.. and theres more pros.. i use it to scoot in and around woth more torque when i want it... I CONTROL THE SHIFTING AS I WOULD IF IT WERE A STANDARD.after all.. isnt thatwhat the concept is supposed to be? otherwise... why let it shift for you??
    i think in the beginning i may have redlined in 3rd but there is an auto limiter to prevent engine damage. but i dont recommend trying it!
    4) i might have like having a completely power seat.. but im the only one driving it.. and i have found a very comfortable position,,
    4)the menue did take a bit of playing with to get it the way i wanted the settings... but jeeez after working with some computer software it was a breeze!
    5) concerning the manual...see above comments re computer software
    i have had no brake squeal..no trunk problems
    i have had 8,500 miles of smiles,admiring comments and questions from strangers...and an understanding,and appreciation from the inside out.. of what owning,and driving a MB means
  • Options
    diwc240diwc240 Member Posts: 172
    I'm baffled: Go from being #1 to below #11 I guess, so I sent this email to Edmunds.com - Contact Us (they say they will reply within 2 business days). Plus that was my quick link into MB C Class TownHall...

"Hello Edmunds Town Hall;
    Just wondering how you tally or count new posts in a discussion forum ?
    24 hour period ?
    MB C Class had 28 posts on Feb.7th, which would make it 3rd after Subaru discussion forum.
    Is there a different way you calculate Top 10 Hot Discussions ?"

Thank you,
    diwc240 (#994 to #1022 based on their server clock for Feb.7th)
  • Options
    bubba3007bubba3007 Member Posts: 38
    After a wait from 29 Sept, my C 240 (white / ash C2, A/T, C/D) was delivered Monday (5 Feb). First impressions; I haven't noticed any problems. The whole dealer experience was quite pleasant, I paid list but they offered to install the C/D for $550, included the Winter mats at N/C, gave me Two MB stainless, insulated mugs and a funky key fob at closing. Not enough miles yet to form strong opinions but I think I'm in love!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your new White C 240 !!
    You are one of the first with "Glacier White",
    do you have any digital photos you could post ?
    I'm sure everyone would love to see them !!!
    Ian
  • Options
    A bunch of you have stated that if your MB had a VIN # less than 5900, the doors will not unlock through Tele-Aid.

I am waiting for my car to be at the dealer. If I find out that the VIN # is less than 5900, then do you think I should ask for more more money off of the car and/or get some accessories thrown into the deal? The car is expected to be at the dealer by next week. I haven't given them the money yet because I was finalizing my financing.

Do you think I'm in a bargaining position? IT's suppose to be a feature of MB. If it's stated...it's suppose to be there. That's all I'm saying. So if it's not there...I think I'm entitled for a little bit more of a discount.
  • Options
    kenyeekenyee Member Posts: 738
    MB is usually good about retrofitting fixes, so I'm not sure how much you can get off.
    Besides, if it is just arriving at the dealer, it should not have the problem.
  • Options
    I really like the White Cs, if my wife hadn't wanted the Magma red so badly I think white would have been my choice. Keep us posted as to how it all goes, enjoy it!!
  • Options
    Actually it's VINs less than ...59000, that's an important detail. If your car's not even at the dealer yet you have absolutely no worries about this. I believe the current cars are coming with VINs in the 70000-80000 range let's ask Bubba what his car's VIN is

Bubba- What are the last 5 digits of your VIN?
  • Options
    benz747benz747 Member Posts: 91
    I would appreciate If you could throw some light on how you get through defense of SALES PERSON and get some price off MSRP !! I talked with my dealer and he refused flately, (Arrogant) eh! so please let me know if you really can bargain on this new C 240s , awaiting answer at least this time
  • Options
    As far as I know the dealer I bought from is still charging full MSRP on all Cs except for the demos, which as we all know are driven hard and aren't broken in properly. I'd say if your dealer is arrogantly refusing to lower the price that you're out of luck at that dealer. Unless they participate in some of the credit union buying programs or the costco buying deals. Maybe try calling and asking for the sales manager and ask for an internet price. Also you may consider waiting until the end of the month, maybe at that point they'll be ready to lower the price to get their month's numbers up. Is the car you're dealing on sitting on the dealer's lot? or is it a car you're going to order? The last thing I'll say is we paid full price, first time in my life, and haven't regretted it one second, the car's worth the money.
  • Options
    Just called my dealer to schedule our first oil change, at 3k-my expense. Asked about the Mobil 1 switch and they said it was just a rumor! They did say they had mobil and that it's $7 a quart, but they said I should just bring my own oil and that they rec all their customers do that! The price is $43 including oil for which they charge $2.25 a quart, but they'd deduct the oil cost if I bring my own, I believe it holds about 8 quarts so that'd be $18 off. Which viscosity Mobil 1 should I get? I live in the San Diego area.
  • Options
    fedssocrfedssocr Member Posts: 90
    I picked my car up last weekend and my VIN is in the 72000's, so the TeleAid thingy should work fine for anyone getting their car now. If your number's too low, just don't lock your keys in the car. :-)

I drove my C at night for the first time last evening. I hadn't realized how many things in the cabin glow...i.e. all of the buttons and switches are backlit, even the ones on the steering wheel.

I must admit that the autodimming rearview mirror is going to take some getting used to. For now I'm not a real big fan of it.

I probably haven't driven it enough yet to form any real strong opinions, but so far I love it. There was a tiny little bit of brake squeal one morning, but I have not heard another peep since then. For those who worried that the 240 would be "underpowered", I would have to say that there is more than enough power in this motor. I'm coming from an Accord EX that has 4-cyl, VTEC engine. The Accord was actually a bit larger overall, but I think it weighed slightly less. So, with that to compare to I think the V6 in the 240 has plenty of power for any driving any normal person will do. I'd venture to say that most of us probably won't use even half of the available power. I have not had any sort of throttle lag. Last night I was making a left turn and really punched it to beat some traffic and the car accelerated very well. :-)

The switches and buttons and all of the stuff the car can tell you does take some time to learn, but I think it's worth the effort. When paying so much for a car you expect to it be special, and I think this car is. I never would have thought that I'd find myself spending this much money on a car. It is beautiful and fun to drive.

As for my dealer, I think I'll reserve judgement. During the test driving and ordering phase I felt like I was treated exceptionally well. During the wait they were very forthcoming with updates on the status of my car. And it even arrived a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. However, the hard sell on the whole MB survey thing and the finance office's reluctance to accept my financing have been yellow flags since I made the final deal and took possession of the car. Until this thing with Eloan (the lender is actually Bank of America) is resolved and the dealer has been paid on the draft I will be a bit uneasy. I don't like the end of deal hanging over me. My salesman claims it just takes their business office a couple of days to get the paperwork together and that I have nothing to worry about, so I hope he's right. There was also my salesman's "order" that if the car had arrived by the end of January I was going to have to come in and pick it up right away to get it off of their inventory. That left a very sour taste for me.

I paid MSRP (metallic paint, C2,C3, auto), including $800 for the CD changer. And I hope to get those cargo nets for free when they come in.
  • Options
    the CAR I am dealing with is unfortunately not sitting there, we all know the CAR is worth that money but the fact is dealers are ripping us off. It is truly SEALERS MARKET as the CAR is in much demand - on second thought I saw couple of C320 sitting there though - may be they are in bargain market !! any thoughts on that ?
  • Options
    Just got off the phone with MB. They confirmed what we already know, the unlock feature doesn't work on the lower VINs but they're working on it and it will be fixed. The synthetic oil deal is for real, and that as of right now is included on all FSS services. They said they were still informing dealers, I told him my dealer said it was just a rumor, he said that when my car went in for it's first FSS service it would absolutely get the Mobil 1. Let's keep each other informed on both of these issues.
  • Options
    anthonyv1anthonyv1 Member Posts: 26
    Did you check out this overview from Edmunds? It's not specific to Mercedes, but it does have many good tips (it won't let me post the direct link; you'll have to go down to the link that reads "Edmunds.com car buying tutuorial") . My favorite is not letting them know you really like the car because it makes the sale more difficult for them. Anyway, hope this helps some, and let us know what happens.

http://www.edmunds.com/consumeradvice/?id=nav4A

• Options
    mamidimamidi Member Posts: 1
    I would appreciate if you could tell me the name and place of the MB dealer that charged you only $550 for a CD changer on your C240. My dealer here in Sacramento wants $800 and he says take it or leave it. I am expecting my car sometime during March second week - any advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    bubba3007bubba3007 Member Posts: 38
    Thanks for your good wishes. My VIN is 69656 I haven't activated the Tele-Aid yet so haven't checked the door lock function. I'll try to post some photos soon, but the weather here is really bad right now - rain, freezing rain, to be followed by more snow through tomorrow. IMHO the white / ash combo is a winner. I bought my car at Premier Motor Cars of Nebraska in Omaha. I did ask about the switch to Mobil 1 and they confirmed that it was so.
  • Options
    I BOUGHT MY CAR AT LIST.. AND NOTHING WAS THROWN IN... WELL THE "CLOTH" MATS... BUT OTHER THAN THAT,NOTHING...THE CARS WERE BARELY BEING OFFLOADED..AND THERE WAS VIRTUALLY NO LEVERAGE...BUT... THE BEST STRATEGY IVE HEARD SO FAR CONCERNS THESE SURVEYS THAT WE ARE ASKED TO FILL OUT.. SEEMS AS IF JOBS HANG IN THE BALANCE WHEN IT COMES TO THE SURVEYS..SO ID USE A POSITIVE SURVEY AS AN INCENTIVE FOR A SALESMAN TO BE JUST A BIT MORE "GENEROUS"..AND IF HE WONT.. TELL HIM YOU WILL FIND A SALESMAN THAT WILL... WISH I KNEW ABOUT THE SURVEYS WHEN I MADE MY DEAL..LIKE DENNETT.. 1ST TIME IVE PAID MSRP FOR A CAR ,OR EVEN BOUGHT ONE WITHOUT EVEN SITTING IN IT,NO LESS TEST DRIVING IT!... BUT I FIGURED HOW CAN IT BE BAD??????ALSO HAVING READ SOME REVIEWS
    BEST OF LUCK TO ALL NEW OWNERS!! WOULD BE NICE IF ANY NY/NJ OWNERS WANNA DO A "RALLYE" IN THE SUMMER.MAYBE SOUNDS HOKEY... BUT THERES SO FEW OF THESE CARS AROUND..20 OR SO IN A LINE WOULD BE A "BOOTIFUL TING"!!
  • Options
    Anthony - thanks for the link it is useful but the problem is this doesn't work with these BB sales persons, I had my friend to call up dealership; and when he asked about anything they willing to work around PRICE - the sale person said NO negotiations on this model - they know that demand is more than a supply !! I read few messages back where they claim to got a price below MSRP - I am wondering if they are mentioning about C320 which has relatively low demand than C 240 - ANY THOUGHT ON THAT ?
  • Options
    Great idea Gary (zmeenow). Maybe Liberty State Park with Manhattan in the background ? We should plan / pick a weekend: June, July or August. Bring some digital cameras etc... Ian
  • Options
    IM GAME...HOT DOGS..HAMBURGERS..A COLD "HEINY"..A BOTTLE OF ZAINO WAX......AND 20 2001 C'S ALL IN A ROW!..EH?
  • Options
    Yes, for every 100 C's made...60-70 were 320's and the rest 240's. There is not really much of a demand for 320's because of the economy is down and the weather has been a little rough here in north Jersey. I was able to get a 320 for ~$1000 over invoice. Mercedes Benz of Morristown is where I'm buying the car. I was getting more of a bargain on a 320 than a 240. Off the bat, they were offering $1500 off the 320 and $500 off the 240. I was able to push it down further on the 320. They were also able to match Clairparts' cd changer price as well. I just have to pay the tax. So excluding the cd changer and tax, the price of the car was a tad below $38k. Options are met. paint and C2 package. You do the math.

hope this holps.
  • Options
    thanks for the information - no wonder why C 240 has been kept away on different shelf than C 320
    is it LOCATION matters? I am in Ohio and the dealership is really taking me for a ride - I read some posting saying new shipment is coming in couple of days, will it change the scene? as I suspect that this time dealerships must have ordered many CARS than pre-booked once and once they sit on their LOT they might chance their attitude ~~~~~~ WISHFUL THINKING EH !!
  • Options
    I can say that I was very lucky. When I told my salesman what I was looking for, he looked it up in his computer and found out that the car was on the ship headed to Baltimore. This was February 3rd. He called me today and told me that either this Sat. or Monday the car will be ready. I'm excited but I'm cautious. I don't want this first time Benz buying jubilation to get the best of me, so I'll still be cautious.

zmeenow - liberty state park sounds like a great idea. Hopefully I'll have the AMG rims by then.
  • Options
    That is a great idea !!!! Too bad I live in South Florida, otherwise I would go. Maybe a group could form down here???
  • Options
    4murphy4murphy Member Posts: 20
    I took my car to the Detroit Auto Show and had a professionally made sign put on the back window that said "if you hate squealing brakes, don't buy a C class." After the fourth attempt to fix the brakes, they seem to be OK now, and they are not making the squealing noise. I took the car in tonight to have the mirror, power window and dash problems fixed.
    I have taken this vehicle into the dealer even more times than I took in my much maligned 1997 Chevy Tahoe. And I don't have a bunch of paint chips on it's hood either.
    I am not going to commit economic suicide by selling this vehicle at a substantial loss. I am stuck with it for awhile. However, I am going to inform everyone that I can that Mercedes automobiles are much overrated.
    Nevertheless, every time I get upset with my I Class I try to remember that there is someone, somewhere in a waiting room of a hospital with a sick child. Problems are quite relative.
This discussion has been closed.