Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• Options
    dennettdennett Member Posts: 332
    None available, yet. Problem is we'll be all chipped up before they come out! Your only choice is one of the invisible bras, I already had a couple of small chips before I became aware of them so it was too late. If you're going to go that route DO IT NOW. There are several regular posters here that know where to get them. You have to have them professionally installed. Good luck with the new car!! I think the White Cs are some of the best looking Cs I've ever seen!
  • Options
    We've got a Magma Red C and I think it looks great, but I love the white MBs! I'm a big fan of the E55s and the best looking one I've ever seen was a white one, all you ever seem to see are black and silver ones. The only MB I don't like in white is the ML. As far as keeping them clean, no problem! White is the best color when it comes to not showing little nicks or scratches. It does show the road grime however.
  • Options
    pk6pk6 Member Posts: 26
    Someone previously either in here or the other C forum was saying they'd had a few broken headlights from rocks.. The name of the invisible covers my dealer installed was Armour Shield. I've had no breakage, either they work or no rock has hit them yet but I do have 4 or 5 chips now in the windshield. Most of them from vehicles coming towards me on gravel or sanded roads. Not from in front as strange as it sounds.
    Well worth the investment when you find out what a replacemnt is going to cost. Mine were thrown in gratis when I bought the car.
  • Options
    norcalmikenorcalmike Member Posts: 25
    Stongard.com has a good selection of complete and partial kits for the 2001 C Class. You can even buy individual pieces for whatever portion of the car you want protected. They do recommend professional installation. I have not seen a vehicle with a Stongard bra but their web site has a picture of a yellow TT where you can not even see the bra.
  • Options
    anthonyv1anthonyv1 Member Posts: 26
    A while back someone posted this link for a clear bra.

http://www.xpel.com/paint/applications.html

I haven't used it, so I can't comment on that. But for 150 bucks plus installation, it looks like a good deal. They even have it for the new C class.

http://www.xpel.com/paint/mercedes.html

• Options
    mlx52mlx52 Member Posts: 72
    When will the 4 Matic system be available for the C-Class in the U.S?

Jamie
  • Options
    drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    Yes, but apparently not till MY2003 (i.e. fall 2002). :-( You can expect to see the C320 4-matic sedan, the C320 4-matic wagon, and perhaps the C240 4-matic sedan (this last model is a go for Canada, but I'm not sure if the US will get it).

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • Options
    w2p2w2p2 Member Posts: 63
    Every thing went great. I financed it through BB at 8.95% simple interest. I was in and out in about 1 1/2 hours. No squealing breaks or anything. The Sales lady did say that this AM they had a warning about people putting too many keys on their key rings. The infer-red key after a while will pull down and not make a connection. This has happened while people are driving and the car shuts down. I was told to limit how many keys I put on the ring. I got 2 free key rings and thats all. No cargo net, no nothing. All in all a good experience and highly recomend "RBM of Atlanta", over Atlanta Classic Cars. At RBM ask for Kay Goggins, very professional and she listens! Which is more than I can say for Atlanta Classic Cars. It didn't take that long to get the C-320 also.
  • Options
    waylouwaylou Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info. I checked out both, and Stongard has installer info on their web site, and there is an installer in North Georgia a few hours from me. Don't know the cost yet or if there is one closer to me. Now I am afraid to even drive my car out of our neighborhood. I live in the hills of East Tennessee, and my county's idea of snow control is to scatter gravel on the snow covered asphalt (for traction). Cheaper than salt. There is still gravel left on the roads from the last snow.

Also, as far as white goes, my old MB 190 was white, and I think white is the best for not showing dirt.
  • Options
    diplomatdiplomat Member Posts: 5
    Thank you Iperakis for the website for Zaino products.
  • Options
    fedssocrfedssocr Member Posts: 90
    Actually I would have to agree that white and the other lighter colors do a much better job of not showing everyday dirt. My aspen green car shows the dust from my building's garage very easily, whereas on a lighter colored car you wouldn't notice it. I think I might get one of those static duster things to try and keep it looking cleaner.

On another issue, it looks like my dealer has screwed up the Eloan paperwork. All they had to do was fax about 6 or 7 documents (via a toll free number) to Eloan. They didn't do that but still submitted the bank draft. Eloan will probably not pay the draft amount because my dealer messed this up. I believe Eloan that they didn't get the documents before I believe that my dealer actually sent the things to them. I am pretty pissed off about this. No wonder they've had problems with Eloan in the past. If you can't follow such simple directions things are going to get goofed up. I think they can kiss any sort of positive survey remarks from me goodbye at this point. I hate having this stuff hanging over me, and the dealer's incompetence is the cause of the stress. Grrr.
  • Options
    diwc240diwc240 Member Posts: 172
    Correction: Here are some photos taken today at Millennium MB Bridgewater, NJ. This is "Orion Blue" (not Capri Blue as I stated a week ago)

Packed Show Room:

Navigation Display:

And a Bonus:

• Options
    Yes, I went to show my Salesman the "Quick Link" to TH and C-Class was no where to be found in the Top 10 again, and yet we consistently post 20+ new posts every 24 hours. Hopefully I will receive a reply from Edmunds.com to my email question and will post here when I receive it. Think their s/w stills needs some fine tuning ?
  • Options
    Yes, I sent a message to the TH help page about it! Let me know what you hear and I'll do the same for you. Post here or e-mail whenever you want. Is that oyster or ash in the blue C? It's easy to confuse the two, I'll guess oyster.
  • Options
    newmbfannewmbfan Member Posts: 59
    Hey diwc240. How did you link the photos into your message. I have some posted but can't figure out how to link them up to a message.
  • Options
    pauls6pauls6 Member Posts: 7
    Haven't posted in awhile...

I got mine in December and have put on about 2000 miles. Love the car. Love how it looks. (C320-C2 brilliant silver and Charcoal./CD Player) I paid MSRP but it was worth it.

After you guys posted about the Vin number issue as related to the Teleaid I ran down to check mine... (45554) :( I called Teleaid today and the woman I spoke with stated first that my car would never be upgraded with that feature and then that they planned to do away with the remote unlock feature for the C Class in general. (Which by the way is featured in the new television ad.) When I told her that she sort of stuttered and put me on hold for awhile. When she came back she had no other news.

Anybody know more about this unfortunate turn of events? Are they still going to charge the full $220/year if one of the main advertised features is not functioning.

Anyway. It's not like I am locking the keys in my car everyday. I am just bummed that Mercedes advertised this feature and then did not inform me that it was not available. Wish I still had that survey...

P
  • Options
    Drew posted a link = Karen's description in #935.

Essentially a good place to post your photos in an Album is: www.photopoint.com

Once you have them in a folder there and click on a thumbnail to get the larger 640 X 480 image (photopoint automatically puts them in that format which Edmund's prefer we use for video / monitor resolution lowest common format). Copy the link you see at the bottom of that page in Photopoint and then in your Edmund's msg box: copy paste that link but first type:

(img src="http://www.photopoint.com etc...URL goes in here") These round brackets actually have to be typed as: < and > above the comma and period on the keyboard. You also need the " before http and " at the end right before the >

You may see the words target_blank appear after you first post,
    I just go back and edit and delete those words.
  • Options
    mschoonmschoon Member Posts: 5
    Time to join the forum here as the C320 that we ordered on 11-18-00 should be available to pick up by the end of next week. Not bad as we were originally told mid-march. It will be Brilliant Silver/Charcoal Leather with sunroof and CD. Unfortunately everything here in Chicago is going for MSRP. I will however be asking for all weather mats, cargo net and a couple coffee mugs based upon some of the posts I have read. Any advice for a 1st time MB owner for when I pick it up? We will likely take a 3 year lease through MB as we feel we will want a new E by then. Any advice, experience on leasing for me?

We are certainly looking forward to being MB owners.
  • Options
    Dennett: Standing back from the C 320 it certainly looks a bit darker than Ash. I'm pretty sure it is Oyster. I'll try and get it confirmed on Tuesday = Day my Desert Silver / Charcoal C 240 6MT should be ready at the Dealer !!! WoooHooo !!! C'mon to Papa !!! Ian
  • Options
    nycanyca Member Posts: 232
    Those Stongard headlight/foglight shields are excellent, I have them on my current car for 3 years, they work very well, and are relatively cheap and it's trivial to install them yourself.

Has anyone called Colgan to see if they make a bra for this car yet? Of course it would be black, but they are high quality. To bad speedlingerie doesn't make anything, their color matching is supposed to be first rate.

I notice there are several NY/NJ people in this forum, I was wondering if anyone bought their C from Ray Catena in NJ, and could post their dealership experience there?
  • Options
    I also am Leasing. New MF today = 0.00379 down from 0.0039 in early Nov. I ordered Nov. 8th, think your C 320 must have been on the same ship as my C 240. I was initially leasing for 42 months (residual = 66 %). I changed to 39 months today Res.=68 % I also would like the New redesigned E which should come out Summer 2003 and so we would be one year later in 2004.
    MSRP is pretty standard, especially on the 240 as MB's production is 60-70% 320s and only 40-30% 240s. I am also leasing thru MBCC. I have been very pleased with the whole process. My current Lease is thru Chase.
  • Options
    spndxspndx Member Posts: 36
    I am leasing my 97 C230 right now from Navy Federal Credit Union. The terms are very favorable in that they treat it pretty much the same as a purchase - no security deposit, no down payment, and probably best of all, no sales tax (don't ask me about money factors and stuff...). One of the nicest features is no early termination penalty. I can sell it at any time as long as I pay off the current value of the car. I am actually planning on trying to sell it because my lease is up in May and I have used relatively few miles (<10k/year).

For all of you who can, check it out. I'm betting quite a few credit unions have similar terms.

Making final plans for my European Delivery C240 6 spd due on 14 March....
  • Options
    elmbelmb Member Posts: 8
    Just got my White C320/Ash last week with CD Changer and C2 Pkg. Leased for 39 mo. thru MBCC. 70% Residual, .00375 MF, 15K/yr. Paid MSRP but got the CD Changer for free.
    I love the car. I live in NJ and got the car less than a week after I confirmed my order.
    Brakes squeal a little and TeleAid is show as malfunction.
    NYCA...I tried Ray Catena but got snobbish salesperson (probably because he saw a 32 yr old wearing jeans and sneakers). Got mine from David Michael at Rt 9 Freehold. It was the easiest car I ever leased.
  • Options
    rainersrainers Member Posts: 50
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My C240 brakes are squealing and the dealer told me its normal.... BULL. Anyone out there remedy the problem?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  • Options
    Sounds like a great lease, if you don't mind me asking what are your lease payments?
  • Options
    $575 tax included, No money down although there was a $595 acquisition fee and a $180 doc fee. Apparently all the dealers I asked was charging them if using MBCC...I maybe wrong.
  • Options
    You don't happen to know how much extra you had to pay to go 15k instead of 12k do you? Also, what do you have to pay per month without the taxes? With those kinds of lease deals maybe I'll just get my ML sooner rather than later, it'd look awfully nice parked next to our new C! I've heard that MBCC is very friendly at lease end as far as wear and tear and uses the credit card test to determine whether something is excessive or not. I bet the white/ash combo looks awesome! Hope I'm not prying too much, if so never mind!! LOL Enjoy the car!!
  • Options
    I have kept a table on a few issues:
    Brakes - Posts # 578, 603, 617, 632, 659, 731-739, 753, 786, 837, 890 and Murphy's 1085 fix.

#786 refers to "BG" brake treatment or another product "Granitize". MB Dealer has an anti-seeze compound grease that they apply to the brake pads which should last upto a year. It is a result of the "glaze" accumulating. Try driving the car at 60 mph and applying the brakes very Hard / firmly, (with no one in your rear view mirror). Around town driving applying the brakes lightly, people have noticed some occasional squealing, also if they are cold. For some the noise has gone away after 500 miles ... FYI other MB classes have also experienced this, (due to environmently friendly pads with no asbestos content). Just my two cents, hope it helps.
  • Options
    elmb's lease sounds pretty good, how does it compare to yours?
  • Options
    12K vs 15K is usually $12-$15 on any lease. Its cheaper than paying 10cents/mi.
    Taxes in NJ is 6% so its about $540.
    I was thinking about an ML320 for Dec bec my lease is up on my 1998 Mitsu Montero Sport. But I'm swaying towards the BMW X5.
    White is very nice, a real head turner. I originally did not want white but my wife insisted. I'm glad I didn't resist.
    What's the CC test? I figure they would be lease-end friendly because the maintenance is free so you'll bring the car in to them every 10K miles and they will keep track of the wear and tear.
  • Options
    mga3mga3 Member Posts: 51
    Waylou,
    Would like to hear your thoughts on the split folding rear seats? As my 320 in March will be featuring them as well.
  • Options
    The cc test is when they hold a credit card over any dings, scratches or chips, anything that can be covered by a CC is considered normal. I've heard other companies, NMAC for example, uses a quarter! I've test driven and really like the X5, but it's too small behind the back seat for all of our stuff, especially our big German Shepard. The ML is MUCH larger in back, and I'd say equal in the passenger area. If BMW really comes out with a slightly stretched X5 I'd reconsider, but they'll probably add another $5k too!
  • Options
    The CC test is great then. But chances are you're returning an MB for another one and if you go to the same dealer, they should not make a fuss about dings, etc.
    Point taken on the X5. I might go for the ML320 now also. I have time to think about it.
  • Options
    A stretched version of the X5 is supposedly in the works. However you're right, the price will probably be fairly significantly bumped up as well. Something to consider...the current X5 is already as heavy as, or heavier than a Lincoln Navigator. The stretched version, called the X5L, will be even worse! It will probably only come with the 4.4L V8 since the 3.0L I6 will be underpowered when dealing with the already heavy curb weight.

WRT the passenger area, the M-class has, by far, more room than the X5. It has also partly something to do with the angle and height (or lack thereof) of the X5's rather flat rear seats, compared to the ML's chair height (rear) seats. Here's something else to consider; quite a few X5 owners seem to be suffering from medium to serious mechanical (powertrain/drivetrain) and electrical problems. Having your X5 stall while turning in an intersection is not fun. Having to climb out the rear window of your vehicle because the door locks are stuck is also not fun. I was quite surprised by this considering that the X5 has had a lot more time to be tweaked. It's already far more than halfway through its 2nd model year, after all!

But, I digress...
  • Options
    The MB M-class topic is here. Feel free to read though it, and ask any questions.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • Options
    cowboysnclownscowboysnclowns Member Posts: 1
    I am happy with most of the standard features on the C240. The only option I want is the automatic transmission. Does anyone know if such a car exists, or would I have to special order and pay extra? I was not able to get a clear answer from the dealership. I would also appreciate it if anyone knows which options and packages are the most common on the C240. I would be willing to pay for a couple of extra options/packages if it meant getting the car faster. I would like to avoid going through the $1000 special order process and waiting months. Thanks in advance for any info.

Cowboy
  • Options
    newmbfannewmbfan Member Posts: 59
    Black and Ash. Just finished the Zaino project. Zeemenow, You goota get the Z6 Enhancer stuff. It Make a big difference.

Thanks diwc240! The arrows in place of the brackets were the trick.

BTW, the pinstripe is gone. I liked it, she didn't :-(

Front Quarter.

Ash Interior

The Boss and her new "C"
  • Options
    Oh Yeah! Man, does that 320 look sharp. That is just one hot,sporty looking ride. Thanks for posting the picture, newmbfan. Now,more than ever,I can't wait for my Black 320 due in March.
    Just one question? Is that the standard factory coat of paint and wax? Or is this after a coat of Zaino polish?
  • Options
    I see by your earlier post that you used the Zaino products. I'll have to remember that,when I get my 320. Looks great.
  • Options
    sirus32sirus32 Member Posts: 55
    You leased your C320 using MBCC and have a payment of $575 w/tax for 39 months and 15K miles? WOW!

The finance section on MBUSA's web site states a C320 without any options ($36,950MSRP) should lease for $653 w/o tax for 36 months and 15K miles.

I can only guess the web site hasn't been updated with new money factors.
  • Options
    benz747benz747 Member Posts: 91
    impressive pictures - I am ordering Black too! just wondering if you are one of the few lucky people who could successfully convinienced sales person to give a car below MSRP ?
  • Options
    I count 42 posts from yesterday, yet we don't make the hot ten again, I believe we should be 2nd. I can understand this happening once in a while but it's starting to look like somebody doesn't like the C class at TH.

DREW- Do you know what the deal with this is? The past three days this forum should be listed in the top 3 and it hasn't even been in the top ten. Did we upset somebody?
  • Options
    Glad you were able to post your photos.
    I'm sure the Boss must be very happy with her new MB !!! Think Zaino's stock is going to go up.
    Did your C come with Continental Contitouring tires ?
  • Options
    Does not look like the s/w updates (on the weekends ?) Even when you come into Mercedes-Benz C Class Part 6, that number is still at 1064, even after I dump my browser's cache and do a refresh etc...
  • Options
    You should be able to get an auto C240 with no options, you may have to order it but there would be no $1k special order fee unless you order a special color like we did. There are several people here that have auto C240s with only the C2 package, that's what I'd do if I were you. I think everyone agrees that the resale of a C class is going to be hurt badly if it doesn't have C2. C2 is sunroof, power rear sunshade, and rainsensing wipers, I believe it's about $1300. With that and auto your looking at about $33k, nearly $34k with metallic paint and those are fairly common configurations. The white and black both look great and don't cost $625. We paid the $1k to get Magma Red, my wife had to have it, and I figured it's only $375 more than everybody else's metallic. You just have to order what you want, if you want nothing but auto then demand to order it that way, and only spend I think $31900, it's a ton of car for that money isn't it!!
  • Options
    Tuesday's the day??? Man I bet your dieing to get the car!! We never really had to wait, we had ordered our car Oct 30, Magma red, C2, auto, and C?-the one with full power seats and memory, we were told because of the red it could be up to 6 months. Nov. 3rd our saleman called my wife at work frantically saying get down here!!! When she got there was a cancelled order, our car without the seat memory. The couple who ordered couldn't qualify for either a lease or a loan! I rushed down and we got it! While we were waiting 3 other saleman got their clients in but we were first, one couple even waited until we wrote the check, hoping we'd back out, another just flat out asked, " Are you buying it or not?"! I've heard similar stories about Cs and other models, an order on a hard to get car gets cancelled and the race is on among the sales staff to see who can score the car for their client on the wait list.
    What do you think of the lease deal that elmb got on their C320? It seems like a great one, although I'd sure think adding 3k miles a year would be more than $12-15 a month, more like $25-I think we paid $25 to up my wife's lease on her old I30. Your lease is also through MBCC isn't it?
  • Options
    fredtwdfredtwd Member Posts: 25
    My new C320 does not come in until April. To help pass

the time away, I started a C-Class email list. Anyone that

owns a C or is just interested in the C-Class and wants to

share their thoughts with a targeted group, please join

the list.

Subscribe: mb-c-class-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

URL to this page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mb-c-class

Thanks.

Robert

• Options
    Instead of starting a C class group at yahoo, would it be possible to start a C owner's group like you did for the M class here at Edmunds?
  • Options

elmb got an excellent Lease deal at $575 per mnth!

Yes, also using MBCC:
    C 240 6MT; Desert Silver metallic paint/charcoal interior (not premium leather) C1, C2, C3, C4 + Bose upgrade.

I will know my final numbers this week. They work out in the same method I used in the Table. 15K miles per year, 39 months, NJ tax 6%.
    (Residual should be 68 % on 39 months ? )
    I am putting cash down to lower monthly payments into the low 400s.

• Options
    pauls6pauls6 Member Posts: 7
    Haven't posted in awhile...

I got mine in December and have put on about 2000 miles. Love the car. Love how it looks. (C320-C2 brilliant silver and Charcoal./CD Player) I paid MSRP but it was worth it.

After you guys posted about the Vin number issue as related to the Teleaid I ran down to check mine... (45554) :( I called Teleaid today and the woman I spoke with stated first that my car would never be upgraded with that feature and then that they planned to do away with the remote unlock feature for the C Class in general. (Which by the way is featured in the new television ad.) When I told her that she sort of stuttered and put me on hold for awhile. When she came back she had no other news.

Anybody know more about this unfortunate turn of events? Are they still going to charge the full $220/year if one of the main advertised features is not functioning.

Anyway. It's not like I am locking the keys in my car everyday. I am just bummed that Mercedes advertised this feature and then did not inform me that it was not available. Wish I still had that survey...

P
This discussion has been closed.