Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Oldsmobile Aurora

Comments

• garnesgarnes Posts: 950
    Henry - as far as I know, the force(d) balance is something specifically done to each wheel to minimize any high spots and get the best dynamic balance as well. So I guess it's more than just a balance and addresses the rolling characteristics.

When rotated, I don't think a RFB would be needed again just for a rotate. I have to agree with larryfl about not messing with the balance if all seems well, however I plan to rotate often to keep the wear as even as possible. I will also be having the alignment checked more frequently.

As the tires wear, I guess the balance requirements can change, but I'm not messing with it if it feels fine.
  • javidoggjavidogg Posts: 366
    Need help here posting some pictures, I got a couple of pictures of my 1999 Aurora for you all to see. So vcjumper hook me up dude.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Not sure where VCJumper is, but email the pics to me and I'll post them here for everyone to see. As long as you have them saved on your PC, it's no problem.

Beach15
    [email protected]
  • HenryHenry Posts: 1,106
    I ask that you include at least one photo showing you and your "baby" together.

I want to see that pride of ownership!
  • nohash1nohash1 Posts: 21
    i just read that ppl have lots of problems with alignment on the Aurora. Is it for the new model post 2001 or the older ones. I have had this problem since i bought the car and have been to the dealership 5 times. Any help would be appreciated.
  • hammen2hammen2 Posts: 1,313
    The 65-75 mph vibration problem, which a road force balance seems to fix, seems to be a problem which only afflicts the Classic (and its sister car, the Riviera). It's not an alignment problem, per se, but a balance issue with the wheels and tires...

--Robert
  • rjs200240rjs200240 Posts: 1,277
    Sometimes it's tough to get in the picture. As the only nut in my family who snaps pictures of the car (and of other people's car), it would be hard to snap a pic of myself and the car... :)

P.S. I assume you are the Henri with the NJ plates in one of those pictures on Zinc's site? Nice looking ride.
    It looks like I some what got the whole concept about posting pictures. Also sorry it came out kind of big, I'm working on that. So what you all think?

I also have other pictures that I like to share with you all. I'll post them later on. Also I posted a side shot of my Aurora in the Photo Section, check it out.Peace.
    Neither of your pictures worked. I can't see them (maybe you can). I bet it's because you put them on MSN. I'm sure it is just like Yahoo. They will let you set up a web page for free, but they won't let you use them as a host to display pictures for free. So you will probably just need to post a link to your pictures rather than having them show up in Edmunds. That's what I had to do.
  • You can post pics forFREE and let others view them without logging in at http://www.cardomain.com.
    It's VERY easy. I just started my site. It's for car sites only. There's some really nice rides on there
    Hopefully I'll have my pics in 2-3weeks. There's only 11 Aurora's on there, I'd like to see MORE up there.
    If anyone has pics of their rides, just do it
    Check it out, and start making one today.
    http://members.cardomain.com/800wattaurora
    800wattAURORA
    I had a friend, tell me that he could not see them. Once I figure out how to post the link I'll let you all see the pictures.
  • mike98cmike98c Posts: 293
    Nope page loads for long time then won't display. CARMETRICS.COM G-body analysis of produyction numbers and forecasts by plant from 1998 to 2004.
    It still doesn't work. In fact, I tried those links when you posted before. I got them from the picture property. It asks me to log in to MSN. You need to make a web page and display them like that. You are trying to just display the image, and I don't think that will work.

Mike98, that carmetrics was interesting. A bit weird, though. It doesn't show stats for the 98-99 year Aurora. I wonder why? I'm guessing "Aurora VI" was the designation for the new Aurora (the sixth MY of it). If you add the 2000 and 2001 numbers together there were 90,000 2001 Aurora's built (the ones built in 2000 were 2001 MY cars). That's pretty impressive. Although, many of those were probably V6's. Still, that isn't too bad. I'd think I'd see them a little more frequently, though. I haven't seen another one on the road in about a month...
    Still having problems? Just email me the pics and I'll create a photo account for you that works, plus post the pics here on the board.

[email protected]
  • HenryHenry Posts: 1,106
    I think the pictures should be posted in the photo Gallery board of the Owners' Club. Right?
  • dlcleavdlcleav Posts: 40
    Update: I'm on my third compressor in as many weeks. Apparently the clutch motor has continued problems with the reconditioned compressors...the mechanic did not get specific. Yesterday, I was about 5 miles away from the repair shop when the cabin began to fill with smoke...(Cheech & Chong's "Up in Smoke")! Once the smoke cleared and I was able to locate my phone, I phoned the mechanic and his decision is to install a new compressor today...not reconditioned. Here in the midwest (Kansas) with temps reaching 100 degrees this weekend, I don't care what he installs as long as it works! By the way, the "chirping" stopped each time the clutch motor went out. Maybe a pattern? Dave
  • I wanna see pictures!!!
    The MSNpics asked to log in and don't work all time,+makes you login first. It's VERY EASY to put pictures up on http://www.cardomain.com. It's FREE and dosen't make you login to see it. I started making one for my car, but I don't have any pics taken yet, but I know how.

I WILL make a site for ANYONE!!!
    Just email me the pics, add thems as attachment's with your email to me at
    [email protected]
    Then you'll have your own web page.

800wattAURORA

check your e-mail, pictures going that way.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Henri makes a good point - we have a great place for posting pictures right here: Aurora Owners: Photo Gallery.

:)

Pat
    Sedans Host
    You can now check me out at http://www.cardomain.com/ I'm listed under The Batmobile, Aurora see what you think.
  • Alright Javidog! Nice ride!
    Ok that's 12 Aurora's now, Which one of you will be next, the 13th?

800wattAURORA
  • vcjumpervcjumper Posts: 1,110
    Nice pics, you are shorter than I pictured you though
    Nah that's my son there, but I will be having some more new pictures there soon, with me in there. Check out my 1999 Aurora in the mean time @ http://www.cardomain.com/.
    Well, I must not have been home when you emailed me the pics, but I just went through and created an album of them for you! Sorry I was a little slow, but they're up in two places now I guess!

Check your email, I'll be sending you something...
    Here's another album with Jav's pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/44824179HKiRMs

Hey Javi...I think you might need some work on those swirls in the black paint. Perhaps a good polish would work well, best with a buffer. Oh well, not being picky, I just have my own little detailing business and notice these things! Otherwise, it's a great looking car!

Yeah I know, I want to do some thing about them swirl marks, but I need to find the right product to take those swirls out. The foolish owner before me did not do a good job at taking care of this baby Aurora. Hey you said you have your business, hmm, where you located again, I'm in the Chicagoland Area. Hey you got pictures of your Ride?