Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    A dealer actually has leftover 2003's in inventory?

Ours were gone by last October. I can't imagine this?? Where?
  • Options
    mommom Member Posts: 6
    CHICAGO
  • Options
    mommom Member Posts: 6
    WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 2003 AND A 2004 ODY??
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I think Isell's point was that any leftover inventory right now should be 2004 models, since the 2005 Odysseys are due this fall (I heard September).

Any brand new '03's for sale must have been lost on a back lot somewhere!

Steve, Host
  • Options
    wolfensteinwolfenstein Member Posts: 11
    Just paid $23,800 (including dest.) which came out to $24,869 OTD here in NC. Got mud guards and wheel locks at no extra charge. Silver 2004 Odyssey EX.
  • Options
    No differences. Actually, I think our 2003 Odysseys were gone by early September. Those have to be 2004's I would think.
  • Options
    anthonysbmwanthonysbmw Member Posts: 13
    I have the following offer from a dealer in the DC/Baltimore area.

EX-leather with DVD
    MSRP: 30,480
    Invoice: 27,470
    Price paid: 26,571 includes desitination
    Taxes (VA) 3% - 797.13
    Tags / Title - 44.50
    OTD - 27,412.63

It is even in the color I want (Silver). Is it good deal? I am going over Sat.

Thanks
  • Options
    tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    That sounds like an awesome deal, almost 1000 below invoice. What do you want them to do, give you the car? (yes I know, I would too.) I'd jump on that deal in a heartbeat.

Good luck.
  • Options
    agmacagmac Member Posts: 1
    That is a great deal. Just bought our EXL-RES for $27,200 including destination + free mudguards in Michigan.

That's a couple hundred below invoice which we thought was a good deal based on Edmund's posted TMV of $27,656 (includes an added $212 regional adjustment). Only wish I read these postings before we bought the car - we could have probably saved an additional $600!

Anyway, go for it - it's a great price!
  • Options
    sundalsundal Member Posts: 2
    Wolfenstein, Congratulations on your deal!
    cld you give me details as to where you bought it. Prefer a sales guy name as well. Hope the process was smooth.
    I'm in the triangle area and getting ready to buy a 2004 Ody EX.
    thx
    -s
  • Options
    wolfensteinwolfenstein Member Posts: 11
    Sure, just send me your email address. You can get mine from my Edmund's profile.

The process was extremely smooth. The sales guy gave me a great price, without any haggling whatsoever. He had the vehicle ready to go before I got there. A full tank of gas, too.

- Wolfenstein
  • Options
    firstodysoonfirstodysoon Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for your information. I contacted the dealer and got a quote from the same dealer.

LX: 21600 + 490 dest. + 100 processing fee + TTL.
    EX: 23885 + 490 dest. + 100 processing fee + TTL

Are these good? Any comment?

Thanks!
  • Options
    chrishagwoodchrishagwood Member Posts: 2
    daddy from NC:

I'd like to PM you for the dealer info on the EX-RES, but can't figure out how. My email is not private, please send it to me as well.
  • Options
    ohvanohvan Member Posts: 26
    The best offer I received from the central Ohio dealers is $200.00 over invoice for the EX- RES (27,670, which includes destination). This does include a decent trade in for my 2003 T&C EX (!$16,500 compare to the other offers of $14,500 to $15,500). The next best was $500.00 over invoice.
    When I mention the better deals described on this site, the dealers say the aren't real deals. . . no way. They claim that no dealer will sell an Ody Ex-L RES for $800.00 to $1000.00 below invoice.

Any better experiences in central Ohio?
  • Options
    irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    Has anyone taken advantage of Honda's new subsidized lease for the EX?? is the deal as good on an EX w/leather,DVD??

thx
    Sean
    WASH DC
  • Options
    I find those prices a bit hard to swallow myself but I suppose anything is possible.

Inventories on these are down to almost nothing at this point so move quickly if you want to find one at all.
  • Options
    but I suppose anything is possible

Especially since people keep showing up in here and reporting great deals :-)

Steve, Host
  • Options
    It's just it's hard to understand (for me, anyway) why a dealer would sell an Odyssey for 1000.00 below invoice when they aren't hard to move, distressed merchandise.

Sometimes there is a trade involved that can distort the numbers.

I just hate to see others disappointed when they can't match some of these reported deals.

That said, inventories are getting picked over at this point so folks should make a move quickly to insure they get the Odyssey they really want.

And, yes, a lot of great deals out there!
  • Options
    wreckedwrecked Member Posts: 1
    got hit from behind in my 2001 ody and did 10k in damages. do I trade in? sell on own? any experiences in drop in resell?
  • Options
    That's a lot of damage.

The "diminished value" question come up in these forums all of the time and there is no good answer.

Has it's value been diminished? Well, yes, but by just how much is impossible to answer.

A QUALITY, (stress on QUALITY) body show can do a great job of restoring your Odyssey to almost like new condition. Unless a person is skilled they won't be able to detect the difference and the car won't look or drive any differently.

And, if your plans are to keep and drive that Odyssey, the passing years will lessen the effect of the diminished value.

So, it's ten years old and worth say, 6000.00.

The average buyer won't care all that much.

Hard to give solid advise here.
  • Options
    heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    '04 Odysseys may not be hard-to-move or distressed merchandise, but in less than two months, they're going to be yesterday's news. Anything over invoice for this five-year-old model is overpaying, especially considering the manufacturer-to-dealer incentives.
  • Options
    lbj1lbj1 Member Posts: 1
    .... for $278.69 per month 12K/24mo lease term.
    I had to pay $789.69 up front for:

doc ($0)
    title and lic ($211)
    first month ($278)
    and security depo ($300).

The $278.69 includes 5% MA taxes. I estimate that my OTD price was $25,306 (based on residual of $19,706 and money factor of .00089).

They had the Silver I was looking for and the salesman was laid back. I figure I'll lease the '04 for two years and then look at the redesigned '05 version after they've worked any outstanding kinks out. If there aren't any significant kinks to work out then I'm well positioned to purchase a one year used '05 Ody in 2006 thus avoiding the costly first year depreciation.

I think I could have done a little better on the deal but at the end of the day I'd be haggling over small potatoes.

BTW... they did not offer me what I felt to be a fair price for my '95 Quest so I decided to try to sell it on my own. It's a pain to sell it on a private party deal but I may be able to recoup almost a half year's worth of payments if I'm successful.
  • Options
    fitzdfitzd Member Posts: 6
    FIRST Post- Need help!! Live in Central NJ. I received an internet quote of 24,048 for the EX-RES. Do not know if that includes destination. I put the price back to dealers that responded to see if I can get lower. Is there anything else that I should be asking about??
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    You are correct because in two months they will all be long gone.

Hardly "yesterday's news" because they are still great cars. I know there will be those who will ask..." why did you mess it up".

Happens every time there is a model change.
  • Options
    You should find out if that price includes everything. Extra fees to watch out for include excessive doc fees, mop & glow or fabric protection packages, maintenance plans, dealer prep fees, etc.

And welcome to Town Hall!

Steve, Host
  • Options
    Thanks Steve,
    I believe I have a good deal on the line. I don't want to mess it up.
  • Options
    I finally did it. Leased an Ody EX-L RES from Honda City in Glenn Burnie, MD.
    Here are the details.

EX-leather with DVD
    MSRP: $30,480
    Invoice: $27,470
    Price paid: $26,571 includes desitination
    Taxes (VA) 3% - $797.13
    Tags / Title - $64.50
    Proc/ Lease Acq - $695
    OTD - 28,127.63

$377 / month. No money down.

Complained to the dealer about the lease fee and $100 processing, so they threw in wheel locks and rear cargo tray. Overall it was a good experience. They did not try to push me on all the "extras".

BTW, it was the last EX-L RES they had. It appears that model is becoming scarce.
  • Options
    assuming you paid the $695 in cash and didnt roll it into the lease, i calculate that you should be paying $319.78 per month. this assumes 66% residual and .00089 money factor. i put the #s into the lease calculator at www.leaseguide.com.

did they use a higher interest rate or lower residual on you??

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on the lease at an alex, va dealer with whom i am still negotiating...

thx
    Sean
  • Options
    are people in major metropolitan areas getting $750-1000 under invoice without trade-ins involved???

thanks!
    Sean
  • Options
    pgillpgill Member Posts: 84
    If the quote is from Open Road Honda at Edison, NJ, it does not include the destination. They also charge $199 documentation fee so factor that into your quote when you compare.
  • Options
    philapaphilapa Member Posts: 25
    Just signed a contract to purchase a 2004 EXL-RES for $26,700, with or without trade in. I have a 1998 T&C EX with 74000 miles for $5000 trade in. I got this price before I brought the T&C for trade in. The dealer only offered me a $4000 trade in at first, but sweeten the deal to $5000 later. I think it is over $700 belove invoice.

Now the dealer has to locate one for the exact color I have ordered.
  • Options
    skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    "philapa", does this price include destination? What dealer are you working with? I have canvassed about a dozen dealerships and the best I have come up with at two different dealers (one in PA, one in OH) is $26,970 for EX-L RES incl destination. As someone else above mentioned, this model is becoming scarce but there are plenty of EX and EX-L out there. It may make sense to wait a little while and then buy w/o the RES and get one installed elsewhere. You'd think when the ads come out for the new model they'll have to cut prices again on remaining inventory...
  • Options
    yeah, i m torn whether to pull the trigger today or wait to see if the deals get better. the lease deal expires today....

there are plenty of EX-Ls out there. you can get a better DVD system put in aftermarket.....
  • Options
    I rolled it into the lease. No trade in, no money down. I got 66% residual and money factor of .00089. I did the calculations before I went to the dealer, just to check their numbers.

Here is the details on the lease:
    MSRP: 30,480
    Residual %: 66%
    Residual Value: 20,117
    Purchase Price: 28,128 (see earlier posting)
    Depreciation: 8,011
    Months: 24
    Depreciation Pay: 334
    Total Value: 48,244
    Money Factor: .00089
    Money Factor Pay: 43
    Total Payment: 377

Hope this helps. Remember, everything is negotiable.
  • Options
    thanks! looks right.
  • Options
    **I just realized I replied to an old post**
    Alan, I assume both of these are w/o leather? Do you mind telling me what dealer, particularly if it's in So Jersey?
  • Options
    Philipa, my email is acting up otherwise I'd contact you off the boards. Please, no names of individuals or phone numbers (per the Rules of the Road link above). Thanks,

Steve, Host
  • Options
    The $500 factory to dealer rebate expired yesterday. Today Edmunds is reporting no current incentives for Honda. Does anyone know if there are any being offered on the Odyssey? If not, I would expect dealers to now raise their asking price accordingly.

Also, "philapa", can you post the name of the dealership you are working with if this is allowed? If not, can you post the name of the town and I can look it up? Thanks. Also, did your price include destination?
  • Options
    the honda site shows that the lease deal has been extended through August and that the residual is 68% not 66% as reported by carman on the leasing board (it may be 66% with nav or dvd...)

DC area dealers are all balking at going under invoice on the odyssey....
  • Options
    "There are currently no customer incentives on the 2004 Honda Odyssey. But with the 2005 Odyssey on the way -- a redesign that will replace what is already a very popular product -- and a $500 dealer incentive, the '04 Honda minivans are now selling at prices close to published dealer cost in many parts of the country, according to several sources."

Cars: Bargains are on the way (CNN Money)

Steve, Host
  • Options
    frugalcatfrugalcat Member Posts: 7
    I got an offers for $24700. It includes the destination charge but before the tax, license, and $45 doc fee.
  • Options
    Thanks pgill. They did not,and have not responded to me when I tried to get clarification on that.
  • Options
    livpllivpl Member Posts: 1
    Hello all. Just purchased EXL with Navi, wheel locks and splash guards at $26,400 plus destination. Purchased in MD.
  • Options
    montreidmontreid Member Posts: 127
    Wow frugalcat, that was a great price! I got ours after heavy negotiation with several dealerships. Included wheel locks, mud guards too for the $125.

Stockton Honda. Tracy Honda was good too. Stay away from Elk Grove Honda, they baited.
  • Options
    "livpl", that is a great price. Please pass along the dealership name. Do you know if they had EX-L RES in stock? The best I've found is $26,970 including destination and you got a lower price on NAV which is more expensive...
  • Options
    Sticker 28,230
    Invoice 25,448

cost to me 24,048

ADD ALL THE FOLLOWING:
    destination 490.00
    tax 1472.28
    registratn. fee 124.00
    doc. fee 99.70

NJ tire tax 7.50 (new state tax)

TOTAL $26,241.48
  • Options
    frugalcatfrugalcat Member Posts: 7
    montreid, I sent an email to about 25 Honda dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area. I got about 10 quotes. The majority of them are very competitive. The lowest bid was $24.9k. I was about to buy from the lowest bidder. Then I got an email from another dealer who offered to beat the lowest bid by $200. So I took it.

Thanks for all of the postings! I have learnt a lot and that made my buying experience painless.
  • Options
    Irishrogue1,

You are correct, the residual is 68% for the Ex with DVD, but 66% with EX-L with DVD or NAV. Honda is trying to push the EX cloth with DVD that hit the market earlier in the year.

I got an email from a MD dealer offering $25,999 for and EX-L with a dealer installed DVD. Not to bad.
  • Options
    "anthonysbmw", is the dealer installed DVD the same as the one the factory installs? That is a great price. Do you mind sharing the dealer name? Thanks. I keep hearing about good deals in MD but there are a LOT of Honda dealers in the area and I'd like to narrow my search!
  • Options
    Skinnytony,

My understanding is that there is a difference between the factory installed and dealer installed DVD. The dealer installed does not have the 3 audio jacks and RCA jacks to plug in a Xbox or PS in the 3rd row. I think the dealer swaps out the front radio to accomodate the DVD. I would ask the dealer to show me a van that has the factory unit and compare to the dealer installed. It shouldn't matter if the factory installed unit is in and EX with cloth.

The dealer is Ourisman Honda - Bethesda. I sent an email to the internet manager. If you wanted his name, email me.

Anthony