Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    epalaciosepalacios Member Posts: 2
    Check previous posts. Lowest I saw was someone got a quote EXL+R/V for 29.7K. I got one for 29.8K about 2 weeks ago and made them get me the red color we liked and is not common.

The 2K incentive might be expiring. You could probably get them down more than what we paid if you stick to your guns and threaten to actually get up and leave at their highball counteroffer (and be prepared to actually go). If color is not important, find something on the lot and I'll bet you could get it for 29.5K or 29.6K if they know you're serious.

best of luck.
  • Options
    jonfrasierjonfrasier Member Posts: 20
    What you cited only shows that Honda's biggest incentive ever on the Odyssey triggered more sales this year than the same time last year. Van sales across the board were sluggish this year - hence the need for a big promotion.

Honda must either renew the promotion or offer an even deeper discount to move the remaining inventory before the '08's hit the lots in late Sept/early October.
  • Options
    bohrarbohrar Member Posts: 6
    I agree with you that experiences with dealers vary. But that does not mean you don't warn others about being treated badly. I feel this forum helped me in my buying and want to give back. It is upto others to take what they want from my experience. If you had bad experiences please mention it and let the buyer decide instead of keeping it a secret till you see someone praising the same dealership.

A question like "Which is a good dealership?" can never be answered correctly but prospective buyers can learn and be cautious based on others experiences.

I think it would be more helpful if you took time to post your full experience (good and bad) than refuting somebody else's experience.

Another helpful action will be to rate the different dealers in edmunds listing. Currently nobdy does it but if we all do and more people use them as the basis for their buying then more and more dealers will become honest and sleazy dealing will come down benefitting us all.
  • Options
    charlieliucharlieliu Member Posts: 80
    Totally agree.
  • Options
    zdawgzdawg Member Posts: 14
    Now that the incentives are over...what should we be looking to pay on the odysseys? I waited with the hopes that if the remaining ones didn't sell even during the incentives, I would expect dealerships to get more desperate. I'm in the DFW (TX) area, and none of the dealers wanted to go under 30k OTD for an EXL with RES only. I saw couple of people getting better deals than that.
  • Options
    vkuttyvkutty Member Posts: 25
    Hi All,
    Anyone knows any new incentive for this month.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    scrnamescrname Member Posts: 6
    Zdawg, Toyo rebates are still going on and I have looked up (checking online inventories) on EXLs and there seems to be quite a few of them stil lon the lots. My guess is Honda will start a new rebate next week or so. I am waiting too. Actually I am not that far from you so if you like, we can merge our efforts of finding a dealer together. :P
  • Options
    zdawgzdawg Member Posts: 14
    Yea...let's try to get the best deal together. What's your timeframe in purchasing? I don't really need van until mid October, but I'm ready to buy right away once a great deal comes along.
  • Options
    Pretty much the same. Don't really need it till mid october but if I get a good deal now, I will buy it. My email is scrname at gmaildotcom
  • Options
    Promotion extended till 10/01/07. :)
  • Options
    junedadjunedad Member Posts: 5
    Where did you hear the news? I can't find anything in Honda website. Thanks!
  • Options
    I got people skills ;-)
  • Options
    carsteerer07carsteerer07 Member Posts: 1
    I paid 27K for an EX-L with RES only. It was based on an Internet only sale by the dealer and there was only 1 that they said that was being sold this month at that price. 27K includes destination charges but excludes sales tax and fees. I also got 0% financing for 15K (labor day sale special). Watchout for dealers online specials on a weekly basis. I got it probably because I went in early on Sept 1st - the day they said they put up that sale. The price did not include any Manufacturer's (Honda) regional discount.

The salesman almost convinced me to buy at invoice price (29.8K), but I just saw the ad printed and stuck to the wall on the dealer's sales office.
  • Options
    jsn2jsn2 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone bought recently in CT?? I have a quote on an EXL w/DVD for 28250 after the 1500 cash back. I am hoping to do better!
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Member Posts: 7
    Purchased friday August 31 07 odyssey ex no RES and no NAV in So Calif. for 22,994+ ttl also received 4.99 financing hope this helps I did purchase 2 one for a friend

Taffeta White and Ocean Mist Metallic this was an very very easy Ody"s ready when we arrived no games no hassle straight forward a pleasure all around.. :):):):)
  • Options
    stuco231stuco231 Member Posts: 1
    hi fivecents,

I live in southern Cal. too.
    Can you share the dealer info that you made your purchase?

Thanks
  • Options
    lall_joelall_joe Member Posts: 25
    looks like a good price to me you got smathur. not much more room there imho.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Member Posts: 7
    Stuco231, would be happy to e mail me not supposed to display info here.. fivecents3@yahoo.com
  • Options
    clw07clw07 Member Posts: 1
    I just heard from a Honda dealer in the Dallas area that for the Odyssey there is $2000 dealer cash available.
  • Options
    kpartkpart Member Posts: 7
    I got a price quote ( Lowest) for an ODY EXL- RES for $29,284 Plus Plate($30)(after 2000Cash back).They are not offering me the low interest rate on financing, since I am taking the $2000 cashback.
    Do you feel the rates are inline with the other quotes? or Can I go ahead and hardball again with the dealer?
    Thanx in advance for any advise.
  • Options
    this price include tax
  • Options
    You should be able to do at least 500 better than this. The cash back is 2000.
  • Options
    cargirl9cargirl9 Member Posts: 24
    Getting price of 26,500 for EXL or 27,700 for EXL with DVD.

1. Are these good prices?

2. What is the aftermarket cost of adding DVD?

3. Is the only diff between the cars the DVD player?

Thanks for any input here. Just trying to get the best price but need some input.
  • Options
    chicagohondachicagohonda Member Posts: 4
    Hello - My wife and I just bought an EXL (no NAV or DVD) and paid 26,053 + TT&L in Chicagoland. Did not get the 2.9% financing though.
    1. You received a decent quote. I would imagine you could get them down another $300 - $500 if they want your business.

2. I did not personally see the value in the Honda DVD system and ended up purchasing a headset DVD player for $1350 from Crutchfield (had a 10% discount). If you or someone in your household is decent at installing accesories, I found the installation to be very easy (about 2.5 hrs to do it right). It comes with two screens, is easier on your neck to watch (compared to ceiling mount systems) from second row, and does not get in my path of vision when looking out the rear view mirror. I guess is downside is that you do not have control from driver seat. Although, you can always pull the power plug!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JBp259T5Koy/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=030A1H0002

3. Only diff is the dvd player.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks - that does help.

I did not think about the whole obstruction factor of the DVD player.

Let's see if I can get them to come down any on that price.
  • Options
    Oh - I have another question - why did you chose the EXL over the EX? (My latest dilemma) Thanks.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Well, I'm 6-4 and the (large) DVD screen in my Touring doesn't obstruct my vision in the least. Not sure if it would be the same for a shorter driver or not.

Given the integration of the factory system at the price point you've described, I would think long and hard before cutting up an Odyssey to install an aftermarket system. It's just too easy for a variety of problems to crop up.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    It really shouldn't be a hard choice - if you want leather and a moonroof, you'll pay an extra (and fair) amount for those items (and VCM).

If you don't want those things, keep the additional two grand in your pocket.
  • Options
    dexazdexaz Member Posts: 6
    We bought an EX-L 2 weeks ago.

Reason for EX-L over the EX? The L part! Leather, also the heated front seats were important for my wife. We have 3 & 4 yr old grandsons living with us & hope the leather is easier to keep clean than cloth. We'll see.

Powered moon roof important for those few days in winter in Phoenix when safe to open up and let the outside air in. Also nice when on vacation in mountains.

Had the $2,000 cash back not come along, we may have had to go with the EX but LOVE the EX-L.
  • Options
    vadakkanvadakkan Member Posts: 7
    I got an offer for 07Odyssey EXL(No DVD, No NAV) for $25754 (including Destination). Taxes title and doc fee are additional. Is this a good price in NJ.
  • Options
    jhally123jhally123 Member Posts: 3
    Congrats. Would you mind sharing the dealership name and the sales person's name ? My e-mail address is sripalt@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Would you mind sharing the dealership name and the sales person's name ? My e-mail address is sripalt@yahoo.com. Thanks.
  • Options
    Would you mind sharing the dealership name and the sales person's name where you got 27,700 for EXL with DVD? My e-mail address is sripaltyahoo.com. Thanks.
  • Options
    futureodyownerfutureodyowner Member Posts: 3
    From the posts on this forum, it seems that the before-TTL prices for Ody EX-L (no RES, no NAV) are in the $26,000 to $27,000 range (including destination). However, I cannot seem to figure out if these prices take the $2,000 dealer incentive (‘cash rebate’) into account. In other words, is the final negotiated price, say, $26,500 or is it ($26,500 - $2,000 =) $24,500?
    Thank you
  • Options
    donkeypunch1donkeypunch1 Member Posts: 119
    " I'm signing in right now to get my dude email address and make it happen" -- Cargirl, any better luck since becoming a hotmail dude? LOL...but curious to see if you did any better.
  • Options
    The price quoted to be (EXL DVD - 27700) is without the incentive - from my understanding the incentive is currently not available and the is just base. Options, ttl are still out there.
  • Options
    The dude thing worked...am trying it both ways but am getting better and faster results with the dude personna.

Hope it all flies when I take the quote in. I'll keep you posted.

Did you see my earlier post? 26,500 for EXL and 27,700 for EXL w/ DVD. What do you think? Any room to come down there?

Thanks for all the help!
  • Options
    yxz10yxz10 Member Posts: 1
    you did a good Job.
    may I know the dealer's info?
    yxz10@yahoo.com
  • Options
    donkeypunch1donkeypunch1 Member Posts: 119
    "Im trying it both ways" hey now! LOL. The $2k to dealer incentive is back on. I think Sept 5th through Oct 31st). I helped a friend buy in Chicago a few weeks ago and I had quotes for the exl res for 26,434. Res is traditionally 1200 to 1500 more than EXL...but of course all supply/demand, depends what they have inventory of. EXL Res Navi was 28870 at the time. ADD TTL. The dealer did try to pull the B.S. "you need to add $595 destination", but I had gotten destination is included in the written email quote. (had printed it and brought that in). They also tried to pull the "we have put clear coat and door guards on, that's an extra $1200. Told them to take the crap off the car and sell as quoted or going to hammer them for the bait and switch b.s. With about 15 minutes of getting a little fired up on a saturday and some back and forth, bought the car as quoted in the email. Didn't make any friends in the process, but didn't get bent over either. Get back to the folks that quoted you and note that the 2K incentive is back on...is your price 2k better now or? I doubt you'll see 2K better, but I'd think it should be more about 26,500 including destination. At the end of the day, if they drop a grand and you get the color you want, there's a lot to be said for just being DONE. Can spend tons of time in the mental masterbation mode and before you know it, 08's are here, prices are higher and you don't have what you want over $700. If you have kids, I personally would recommend getting the EXL at a minimum. The leather is going to hold up to the kid messes a lot better than cloth. If your going DVD, the integrated is a nice option. You can save a few bucks after market, but if your kids are little, your spending half your driving days climbing in the back to forward the movie, start, stop, etc. Integrated and the disc unit is up front. Additionally, unless your going to flip the van in 4 years, you'll get your moneys worth out of the added features. The one feature that I really like having kids, dog, etc. is the back up camera. Can throw it in reverse without wondering who's going to get pancaked. That said, it's a premium so stay within budget and dont go insane. The 2K incentives definitely back, so make sure your getting it factored in. If your going to keep the car 7+ years, you may want to go for it! Decisions, decisions....
  • Options
    dexazdexaz Member Posts: 6
    Our EX-L was $26,300 w/XM radio installed by dealer, including destination.

2,091 sales tax @ 7.95%
    368 doc fees
    540 plates & registration
    5 tire disposal fee
    TOTAL 29,304 OTD

Could probably have saved a few more $$ by waiting but, at the time, did not know if the $2,000 cashback was to be extended.

I'd think you should be seeing the EX-L under $26,000 about now. BTW, the XM radio was figured into our deal as the salesman misunderstood "XM ready" for "XM equipped" so included it in his original $26,300 quote.
  • Options
    "No friends.."

You are hilarious.

We currently have an Odyssey - I thought it was an EX with leather no moonroof...so I didn't think I had an EXL...did it ever come like that? There are no letters on the back - nice for those not judging by car status - horrible for people with kid induced alzheimers.

Anyways, the leather and sliding doors were key selling points for the kiddies.

I have one dealer who is great on pricing but not colors...the dealer that we currently are with (where we got our current car) came nowhere close to the price but when I said "Shucks we really wanted to stay with you" - he suddenly thought he should talk to his manager. Whatever it takes, huh? I'm a quick study.

I'm gonna toss out your number at them and see what they say - they said they would match any quote in writing...I might be pestering you again if that's ok. Is it?
  • Options
    svemurisvemuri Member Posts: 5
    I paid 26000 for EX-L (no DVD/NAV) + TTL at South Bay Honda, Los Gatos. The sales person is Robert Taguinod. They left Wheel lock options on the car. It was put as security for their cars on the lot, I guess.
  • Options
    svemurisvemuri Member Posts: 5
    I am looking into getting after-market backup camera on Odyssey EX-L. Can you please post options, prices and installers aroung bay area.
  • Options
    ewl930ewl930 Member Posts: 21
    Yes, the 26-27k range definitely DOES include the $2,000 dealer incentive... that's how they're getting that far below invoice.
  • Options
    Can you please email me the dealer name and the person I have to speak? my email markosege@hotmail.com
    Thank you,
  • Options
    This is a very good price.
  • Options
    kpartkpart Member Posts: 7
    Yes.
  • Options
    davethewave1davethewave1 Member Posts: 26
    donkeypunch1,

How do you handle trade-ins when you are doing the internet route?
  • Options
    bohrarbohrar Member Posts: 6
    This is a very good price. I bought it for 28000 OTD in NJ.
    See post 16253 for details on price and the breakdown.(end of the post).
  • Options
    rajsdeepsrajsdeeps Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I paid $25590 + tax + license in LA. I got the same with 3.99 APR with 36 months. I think mine was a good deal. Anyone has any thought.

Thanks.