Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    donkeypunch1donkeypunch1 Member Posts: 119
    "How do you handle trade-ins when you are doing the internet route? "

Dave nice move, new van and new wife? LOL jk. see post 16303...for what reason, I'm not sure because I don't think I mentioned trade. Follow that but dont talk trade. go to kbb dot com and edmunds dot com and get the value on your car. The former usually quotes lower, which is usually more indicative of what you'll get for trade. Make sure to be honest with yourself when selecting condition of trade. Get that price from both and print it out. Go to Carmax and get a quote from them to purchase it. Their quote is good for 7 days, so don't do this until your ready to do something in 7 days-in the event you need to fall back on them. Tell carmax you need to think about it. When your ready to buy. Take your written "purchase price" deal (as noted in #16303) and show up to test drive/buy the car. At that time, your SOB brother inlaw was supposed to buy your car, but bailed. (good enough as any story) Therefore you have a trade. While you drive your car, they'll kick the tires on the trade-in. Don't sign, talk inking deal, anything until they give you price for trade. The price they give 99 out of a 100 will be insultingly low. Say kbb says its worth 18k on trade, they'll tell you 14K or less. Pull out KBB sheet point to the trade value of your car. Tell them you need that period or your walking. They'll waste another 20 min of your time and then give you another price. Probably not what you need. Stand up, take steps and emphasize your bottom line. Get reaction. They may take another look, they may say that's it..that;s all they can do. If they are BETTER than carmax..forget that info in your back pocket. If carmax is better, pull it out and tell them that they'll give you "x"...you need "x" price to be done. Hopefully they will get there. If they come close. ($500), take their deal, since the trade value of your car gets deducted from the purchase price, so you pay less tax. Ie, you buy car for 20K, trade in 10K, you pay tax on 10K. If tax is 7% you saved $700 on the tax with the trade. Hopefully they give you KBB trade value or carmax price. If so, I'd do the deal and be done. NOW--IF Your trade is only worth $1800, going to this extreme is proably pointless. dump the car outright to someone or try to get $1500 and be done. Really depends on value of trade, if you want to bother selling outright, etc. Just be careful not to totally get bent over on the trade.
  • Options
    chicagohondachicagohonda Member Posts: 4
    Actually, to install this aftermarket DVD system, no 'cutting' up at all. They give you two new headrests (direct replacements) with the DVD players built in. All you have to do is run the wires down the inside of the seat ... pretty easy to do. Only trick is the power source. You can either plus the power into the dash cigarette lighter or pay a car streo place about $50 to hook it up under the dash.
  • Options
    svemurisvemuri Member Posts: 5
    There is no dispute it is a better deal. But, LA is $100-200 cheaper than bay area. Had I known Honda would extend the 2000$ off sale till Oct 1st, I would have walked out for a better deal.
  • Options
    davethewave1davethewave1 Member Posts: 26
    I have a quote for $30,600 which includes the following:
    Wheel Locks
    Pin Stripes
    Front and Rear Splash Guards

The OTD price is $33,443

What do you think.
  • Options
    jsn2jsn2 Member Posts: 2
    Yikes, I seem to have hit a brick wall in my negotiations. The dealer is at 28199 for the EXL w/RES. His reasoning is that the invoice is $30199 minus $2000 (incentive). So what do I respond to this?? Besides that I am working w/ other dealers! I was hoping for $27250, but at this point 27500 would make me happy. I haven't read any posts from others in CT, but I am assuming this market is similar to others! Any advise?? :mad:
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Offer 27.5 since that's your target. If it's rejected (especially at more than one store), you'll have determined the market value in your area.
  • Options
    jymoonjymoon Member Posts: 1
    That's a good price, which dealer was this quote from?
  • Options
    vadakkanvadakkan Member Posts: 7
    The Out The Door price for the EXL (without nav%dvd)came out to $28329. the dealer was Metro Honda,Jersey City, NJ. This was an internet offer. They are still giving $3000 below the invoice( including the Honda Cash back?). Hope this helps. i tried to get the dest charge free. but did not work.Good luck.
  • Options
    sharondasharonda Member Posts: 2
    Try a fax attack with about 10 dealerships in your area. Someone might be willing to play ball if they need to hit their goal.
  • Options
    pensionpension Member Posts: 7
    Just did the deal $29,467 plus TTL. Added the extended, yes I know but have never had a car w/o road side assistance and I think the warranty will be a plus when I sell in 4 or 5 years. $33, 218 OTD.
  • Options
    vadakkanvadakkan Member Posts: 7
    See the details in 16372
  • Options
    carbuyer36carbuyer36 Member Posts: 1
    Can you send me a quick e-mail with the dealer you were dealing with in Chicago. The best quote I've received in Chicago is $29340 for an EX-l Res/ Nav and $27475 for EX-L Res. I'm doing a cash deal without a trade. I'd like to get down to 26500 for EX L Res or around 28500 for the EX-l Res /NAV. Thanks in advance for the info e-mail me at carbuyer66ATyahoo.com (change AT to @ reduces the spam this way)
  • Options
    spring1111spring1111 Member Posts: 11
    I would suggest you stay away from McGrath Honda in Elgin in Chicago for your purchase. They are liars. The sales manager, who also claimed him general manager, is a very rude person. He just cares how to get money from you and that's it. We had very unpleasant experience there. It was a long story. I posted my review on edmunds. It has not shown up yet.
  • Options
    hokiegrindhokiegrind Member Posts: 1
    Purchased true OTD 2 weeks back in NC ~20% off sticker EXL RES (drive away, after tax tag, blah). Please email for referral. Definitely NOT H**D*ickz who inflate and fit the name, ex. hand paint pinstripes every other day, and try the come in and we'll figure the bottom line BS.

Email @ hokiegrind@gmail.com
  • Options
    vamomtobevamomtobe Member Posts: 11
    I know most of you are looking for an EX with options, we just wanted to post our experience with purchasing an LX at Brown's Arlington Honda in VA. We called and were given a quote of $22,200 OTD over the phone (sale price incld destination was $21,452.04). We went to the dealer expecting hidden charges/fees/etc. The salesperson was true to his word and we purchased a Midnight Blue LX with 5 miles (just came off the truck Friday). He also threw in mudguards, VA state inspection for as long as we owned the car, and the first major service/maintenace for the vehicle. The sales person was great and would recommend him if you are looking in the VA/DC/MD area.

On a side note, our car was manufactured in August 2007 and they increased the destination/handling charges from $595 to $635.
  • Options
    mark60050mark60050 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a EXL (without RES or NAV) at 2K under dealer invoice. Effectively the carsdirect quote price. $26889 plus tax, title and doc fees. Doc fees were only about $60. My experience was excellent. Met the price with no debate. No pressure or hard sale. Reading the posts it sounds like I could have done a somewhat better, but I'm happy. OTD was a little over $29K. Good luck to you all. Appreciate all the posts!
  • Options
    dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Member Posts: 223
    Had the oil changed today and as usual I walk the lots to kill time. I counted over 50 ODYs between the front (ready to sell) and the back lot. No wonder they are having fire sales with the '08s pantin' at the gate!

Wonder when the diesel engine will debut?
  • Options
    mav11mav11 Member Posts: 2
    $1500 out of pocket (includes first month payment, tax, title)
    36 month lease
    15k miles/year
    $410/month (includes sales tax)

good? bad? indifferent?

ps - does anyone know any decent aftermarket dvd players. i am looking at the dvd headrest systems with two screens ont he back of the front two captain chairs.
  • Options
    ashthakashthak Member Posts: 1
    I am in Charlotte,NC. Can you send me the details of the EXL RES. I need your reference to have similar deal. :)
  • Options
    cargirl9cargirl9 Member Posts: 24
    This is one that was recommended in this chat:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JBp259T5Koy/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=030A1H0002

And apparently pretty easy to install. Can plug in cig lighter or wire under dash. If you are leasing the plug in sounds good. (Or can you make changes to the car?)

Good luck.
  • Options
    lookingforcarslookingforcars Member Posts: 18
    Looking for people's best offers for the above withing Tristate (NY, NJ, PA) area. I was hoping to use current APR offer, so I would assume $2000 dealer cash wouldn't apply.

thanks in advance
  • Options
    zdawgzdawg Member Posts: 14
    Bought it for $30,899 OTD in Richardson, TX. Let me know if you want the info.
  • Options
    Have you not heard about how inconvenient those PAX tires are? There's a class action lawsuit against honda and michellin. I was all gung ho about the touring until I read all the negatives about them. If you really want a touring, wait for the 08 because those will have the option of non-pax tires.
  • Options
    dingchuxiongdingchuxiong Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me the dealer's name, contact information and the detail sales price of your Odyssey by e-mail: chuxiong.ding@gmail.com.

Thanks.
  • Options
    runagunrunagun Member Posts: 4
    Got quoted $32,975 for a new 2007 Touring with nav and all. I would like to know your opinions about that quote.
  • Options
    Anything under 33 is a pretty good price. IIRC, the lowest recently reported is about 32.5.

Don't forget to consider doc fees as part of the price.
  • Options
    I find changing a tire by the side of the road far more inconvenient than at my leisure later on. Far less safe too.
  • Options
    cargirl9cargirl9 Member Posts: 24
    "Cargirl, any better luck since becoming a hotmail dude?"

Oddly enough, the people who gave me toatlly agressive pricing as a dude are not even responding to my requests for quote as a chick. Go figure.

Hoping they respond but otherwise, should I try to take the quote in and do the deal on the floor? The showroom floor I mean...in person...uh, you know what I mean.

I was so getting used to the idea of everything being worked out before. AGH.
  • Options
    runagunrunagun Member Posts: 4
    Destination and handling chargers included. $59 for doc fees.
  • Options
    "Hoping they respond but otherwise, should I try to take the quote in and do the deal on the floor? The showroom floor I mean...in person...uh, you know what I mean"

Hey Now! LOL Now thats what I call "closing the deal". Whatever works, though I'd strongly advise against getting the free undercoating special on the business managers desk. LOL JK.

Bottom line is that you got written quotes from them. Bring a paper copy of all your email correspondence (quotation) with you and it shouldn't matter if your Cindy Brady, Shrek, Chebacca or Kunta Kente' as long as you have the quote and reasonable credit. For good measure, bring the initial auto respond email that you get, acknowledging your request and promise to follow up. (from your fem persona) and feel free to let the GM know that they never even responded to you, so you took the liberty to pretend your David Hasselhoff so that you could get a quote.

Bottom line, don't be the least bit bashful about expecting to buy the car for that price. If they pull any BS let the GM know that you'd be happy to call the BBB and your local paper, letting them know that his dealership didn't want to sell you a car at a quoted price because your female. This is seriously extreme, this whole thing should be a non-event. Bring the quote and buy the car. Again, this is a NON ISSUE. If they pull anything they'd be insane. If their emailing a quote, it shoudln't matter in the least whether your male, female, white, african american, mexican, albino or 6 5" with ink all over. Tell them you noted a males name because you weren't getting a response from your initial request.

Make sure they have your color and that destinations included and that there are no dealer extras on this van. Get this in writing before you go.

- Rosie
  • Options
    That's true...but how often do you really need to change a tire on the side of the road? Also, there's no spare tire on the tourings, so you're basically counting on them to be perfect. If they fail for whatever reason, you're truly at the mercy of roadside assistance.
  • Options
    cdoobiestcdoobiest Member Posts: 16
    Wondering if anyone knows what 08 MRSP will be. I was reading Toyota Sienna Forums and saw the 08 MRSP dropped in price making the 08 a little more appealing even after all the rebates?
  • Options
    vkuttyvkutty Member Posts: 25
    Hi all,
    I have an OTD offer for EXL $29100, this price include 8.375% tax, 4 mud flap, trunk tray and wheel lock. This is the right price or I will get better than this price.
  • Options
    Depends where you located, but seems high. Target appears to be about 25,400 to 25750 Including the $595 destination charge. Add 8.375 tax and doc and license fees and your at about 28,000K OTD Add those accessories and a reasonable price is 28300-ish.
  • Options
    lall_joelall_joe Member Posts: 25
    I am estimating that below would be good prices in NY/NJ area right now. Do you agree or can I do better ? Would like to go in with a reasonable target as my bargaining position.

EXL $26k + TTL
    EXL RES $27.5k + TTL
    EXL RES NAV $29k + TTL

Names of NY/NJ dealers who could match these deals would be appreicated.
  • Options
    I agree...it's a little high for just an EXL assuming you aren't getting the RES. You can get an EXL with RES for 30k OTD and the RES is at least 1500 option...so take that from 30k and you get 28.5 ... so your quote is a little high.
  • Options
    I am from NY and any one knows the best dealer in NY/NJ.
    Thank you,
  • Options
    ybguoedmundsybguoedmunds Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I wonder if you have purchased your Odyssey LX? What is your last price (before TTL and after TTL) and what are the options installed?

Would you please send your information to sagitarius_yl@hotmail.com? I would really appreciate your help!
  • Options
    phankphank Member Posts: 4
    i purchased honda od EX from supersting spring honda in mesa,az on labour day week end with 4 mud flap, trunk tray and wheel lock and with 2.99% i paid $26750 plus tax and destination charges so price goes by finance rate since guy was asking 30000 around for 0% .

thanks
    hp
  • Options
    Can you send me the dealer's information to chuxiong.ding@gmail.com? Thanks.
  • Options
    Can you tell me your dealer's information to chuxiong.ding@gmail.com? Thanks.
  • Options
    Can you send me the dealer's information to chuxiong.ding@gmail.com? Thanks
  • Options
    anna4anna4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi.. Did any body had to pay for what they call " phantom footprint " (VIN etch) ?
  • Options
    skipper5skipper5 Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in buying a 2007 EX-L without nav or DVD.
    I have been given a price of $25,921 + $635 Destination, tax, MV fees & $199 documentation fee. I understand what taxes are, but what is the difference between MV fees and documentation fees?
    Most importantly does this price seem reasonable?
  • Options
    I am interested in buying a 2007 EX-L without nav or DVD. I am from Northern NY, which dealer is giving this price. I have an appointment today with dealer in NJ. He offers me $3000 below invoice. Invoice price he told me $28003. So if you have any better price let me know and if I have I will let you know.
  • Options
    I got the price over the internet from DCH Honda in Paramus.
    Good luck.
    Let me know how things turn out for you.
  • Options
    I miss typed my initial message. It should have read "Northern NJ" Apologies for the confusion.

I am interested in buying a 2007 EX-L without nav or DVD.
    I have been given a price of $25,921 + $635 Destination, tax, MV fees & $199 documentation fee. I understand what taxes are, but what is the difference between MV fees and documentation fees?
    Most importantly does this price seem reasonable?
  • Options
    I talk to DCH Honda but their price too high for me
  • Options
    obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    I assume that is plus destination

so 25003 + destination is a good price
  • Options
    pack76pack76 Member Posts: 10
    I got this deal in WI . EX-L DVD NAV for 28600 + $95 Dealer Fee + TTL . Also got the 4.9% APR Financing. Got this deal at the end of August.
    Had a Trade-In.
    Also purchased the 8yr 100K Honda Care for $1430.