Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    pankajnawalpankajnawal Member Posts: 15
    Tell them one of you friend got a much better price and they should be able to do that as well. A dealer with very good reviews told me that he would do $2900 below invoice as his best. So I am taking it as a base price (not very aggresive price).
  • Options
    saulalinskysaulalinsky Member Posts: 3
    I'm in Northern California (Bay Area). The price for the EX is $23,499 and for the EXL is about $25,499. Seems pretty competitive--unless I'm missing something. Do prices in northern California tend to run higher or lower than the national average?
  • Options
    jybikerboyjybikerboy Member Posts: 4
    Thanks so much for the e-mail! So, did you say it was Honda City in Chicago?? In case they ask...also, the 26k EXL RES in not confirmed yet with my delership..that's what i'm TRYING to get =)
  • Options
    jybikerboyjybikerboy Member Posts: 4
    saulalinsky--That sounds like an amazing price for an EXL..what dealership is that from?
  • Options
    desaipdesaip Member Posts: 8
    Hey Gujuguy Can you tell me which NJ dealer gave you 26200 for an EXL. I am looking for an EXL with RES / NAV and your price for EXL sounds very good for NJ atleast based on my research. Thanks
  • Options
    dreamcar5dreamcar5 Member Posts: 69
    Can u name the dealer?
  • Options
    zaki_tahirzaki_tahir Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I just bought my Odyssey EX-L with Nav/Res in Black with Ivory interior for $29,150.00 + $250.00 Doc Fee + $5.00 New car title fee + Tax (6.75% Ohio). Roush Honda in Columbus, Ohio. I did all my neg. thru email. Their prices were the lowest in Ohio.
    Thanks to every one in this forum for all the great advice. I did save almost a $1000.00
    Thanks again
  • Options
    tsteele93tsteele93 Member Posts: 18
    >But you can never trust a Car Dealer inspite of having email confirmation. They can always throw a curve ball Only way is to walk into the dealership and be ready to walk out if they throw a surprise

Ahh yes. My first Corvette purchase, in 1999 when they were still selling very near sticker ($500-$1000 off depending on the car) in my hometown. Maxi Price in Athens Ga (2 hours away) quoted me $2k off sticker.

I drove there, found a car. Started to sign the paperwork and there was the $489 doc fee!!!

I ended up taking the hit. I still saved a LITTLE bit of money, and they had the car I wanted and I was two hours from home.

But, I didn't buy either of my next two Corvettes from them...

Definitely can't bank on anything until you walk out the door.

On the other hand, my second Corvette was purchased on the internet, from a dealer in Michigan and shipped to my home. That was Les Stanford Chevrolet. There wasn't so much as a hiccup on that deal.

So who knows... just be ready for anything.
  • Options
    hlchenhlchen Member Posts: 3
    Can you send me the offer/email also to
    hlchen1808@hotmail.com

Thanks.
  • Options
    Can you please send me the mail quote to

hlchen1808@hotmail.com

Thanks.
  • Options
    donkeypunch1donkeypunch1 Member Posts: 119
    The famous move by nearly all the dealers in Chicago is to be vague about destination and not to mention the exta B.S. they put on ALL their vans until you get into the dealer. (door guards, pin stripes and clear coat garbage...for anywhere between $1300 and 1850).

Do yourself a favor and confirm in writing whether your price INCLUDES the destination fee and that there are NO dealer "extras" on the vehicle. I,e $26,500 includes destintion, there are no dealer extras' on the car? Only $26500 (or whatever) + tax, title, license...thats it..no extras? Even ask for the out the door price in writing. Additionally, show up with your own financing (ie, captitalone.com or your credit union, whatever) or their going to bend you over on financing. If you have a trade, it's a whole different ballgame. 7 times out of 10, someone doesn't mention their "record good deal" on a purchase included getting bent over by $2500 on a trade, which basically voided the good deal. Know what your cars worth if your trading it. So qualify the bottom line out the door in writing, "no extras", destination's inlcuded, know the value of your trade and show up with financing. Neglect any one of these and it's likely that you'll leave money on the table. Do these things and be willing to walk on a deal (if they pull any b.s.) and you'll do ok.
  • Options
    1) Log into the Honda.com website and click on "find dealer" (DONT use the request quote button).

2) At that point, select "request a quote) after you have list of dealers.

3. Fill out your info. don't put a phone number down, you call them if you want...they don't call you.
    Ask for the following:
    - Obviously request model your looking for in dropdown.
    - In "comments" section put something to the effect:
    Would like an OTD (out the door) quotation on EXL RES. Please itemize charges: Base Price (INCLUDING DESTINATION) only extras should be tax, title license. I understand that Honda is offering the special APR financing or the 2K dealer incentive. I would like your best price including the 2K incentive. Additionally, please include the color selection that you have available. I'm checking with several dealers in the area and will be purchasing on the 31st, so your promptness and bottom line is appreciated. If you want to cut to the chase put "my target price is 25K including destination on EXL or $26K on EXL RES Including destination..or whatever model your buying.(can cut and paste this in the notes).
    - Press Send
    4. Go Back to "find dealer" enter your zip and you'll get the same list. select 'request quote" by the next dealer and this same form that you initially entered will be available. just press send.
    5. repeat to at least 8 dealers in your area if your in a metro area. I'd send to everyone. OMIT the Dealer that is the most ideal location to your home.
    5 1/2. Go to your credit union, capitalone.com or whomever your comfortable with and get your own financing. You should have a check in your back pocket when you go to buy the car or their going to bend you over. The big players will overnight you a blank check.
    6. Sit back..your in the drivers seat.
    7. Wait for quotes to come in.
    8. You'll find out who's serious.
    - some will give you HIGH price
    - some wont respond (amazingly enough)
    - a few will give you a pretty aggressive price
    - you may end up with a clear cut low ball great price
    9. Forget about the highballs and the folks that want you to call to get a price.
    10. Reply back to the few that are low. Note that you appreciate their offer. That you have a few others that are right there and that you'd like to buy from them. Your making the decision in the next 24 hours. Is this your best price? (if you want any accessories, nows the time to ask for them). ALternatively, you can name a price to see if they can get there, personal choice really here. Make sure again to qualify that Destination should be included and that there should be no dealer extras on the car (ask them to confirm this). Get the out the door price.
    11. Wait for your responses. Hopefully you should have a pretty good price (better than you have from your other guy).
    12. Take the best quote you've got and email it to the internet dept sales person of the dealer closest to you and tell them you'd like to buy local can you beat it. If they match or beat and have your color choice go buy from them.
    13. If not, go back to the person with best quote and requalify the details? "You have this color in stock and this price includes destination? Only Extra's are Tax, Title License? They reply in writing with a "yes", then call them and go pull the trigger sticking to the exact negotiated details.
    13.5 When you show up. Drive the EXACT VAN you are buying. Make sure you like it, no rattles, etc. Inspect it for scratches, etc. Should be fine, but make sure. You've come this far, don't overlook final details.
    14. Show up with your own financing as noted and ask honda if they can beat it. If they can, go that route. If not, stick with your financing. Don't show up without financing or your likely to get the "best we can do is 8.5% routine. (for financing check e-loan and capitalone.com) If your financing is for 6% for 60 months, tell them you've got 5% you'll go with them if they can meet or match it. This isn't unethical they can always say "no"...in which case you use the check in your back pocket.
    14.5 You have a trade-in? Research your price on kbbdotcom and edmunds dot com. If its and older car with high mileage don't expect to much, sell it on craigslist, someone at work, or expect to take your $1500 at the dealer to be done. If you have a car thats actually worth something, again, do your homework. Get a price from carmax (they'll give you 7 days to decide to sell to them or not). At this point tell the dealer you brother inlwaw was supposed to buy it but he backed out. They'll give you a lame price, tell them you need $500 over whatever your carmax price is..with the carmax price as your target. If they beat or match carmax take it. If they come within $500 i'd still take it...(the trade value comes off your purchase price before tax is calculated so your still even). Bottom line is your trying to avoid getting bent over by several thousand bucks..which is highly likely if you dont research. If they get to your price and honor their quoted price, your buying the car. If they honor quoted but bend you over by several thousand, you might want to walk...your call. Peoples time and money mean different things to different folks. your call.
    15. Do all negotiation back forth via email. DONT GO IN until you have a deal. If you go in without a deal being done your prone to wasting your time or caving and not getting a great deal. AND DONT BRING UP TRADE UNTIL YOU GET THERE AND DONT MENTION YOUR CARMAX FALL BACK PRICE. Your trying to get them to beat it.

16. Lastly, after putting the screws to everyone (who would otherwise be putting the screws to you)..do honor the final deal and dont try to pull the I'm here...throw in "this" and I'll buy. Im a personal beleiver in negotiation, but when you finalize on a deal...honor it and don't try to squeeze blood. Good Luck

Can't stress enough to do your homework (trade value, have financing, qualify OTD price IN WRITING before you go in) and you should do fine. Skip any of those steps and your likely to do avg at best.

To some folks $200 is the end of the world. If you can get the colors you want and be done..there's a lot to be said for being "done" and not screwing around months at this. 07's will probably be thin towards the end of november..certainly by Jan1.

and remember..."coffee is for closers" lol
  • Options
    07touring07touring Member Posts: 13
    Is it possible to even get an 08 Touring with just RES and no NAV? I have no intest in in the NAV so will surely go with the 2007 Touring very soon if true. Someone quoted an 07 Touring with RES at $31,495, is that a fairly common price?

Much thanks to the board already. I'm entering negotiations this week.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    No, R&N are bundled together on all Tourings in '08.

You should be able to buy a base '07 Touring for less than 31K.
  • Options
    kopp9580kopp9580 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought and EXL and love it. Only one problem. I travel with two large golden retrievers and often have my hands full of dogs or their "stuff". I would like to have a power rear liftgate (like the sienna). Does anybody know if you can get one installed after the fact? I just didn't want the touring version. My dog's don't need the rear entertainment system and I already have a portable nav system. Help?!
  • Options
    "No, R&N are bundled together on all Tourings in '08.
    You should be able to buy a base '07 Touring for less than 31K."

Good to know thanks. I do want the RES on the Touring. Your saying I can get under 31k on 07 with that? If so can someone provide me some quotes they've got.
  • Options
    lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    All,

Negotiated at a couple of dealerships on Friday for and EX-L with no RES and no NAV. I had a trade which made things a little more complicated.

I had an '05 Odssey Touring model. Well, at 27,000 miles, I got a flat tire... my first with the Odyssey. Replacement cost of 1 Tire = $340. Dealership told me that I needed to replace the other tires also as the tread was down to nothing... After 27,000 miles! I was staring at another $1,000 just for tires. Took the car to Carmax and was offered $24,500 for the vehicle. As it turns out, this was a very good price as the KBB for this vehicle for trade was about $22,000.

On Saturday, bought an EX-L for -
    Base Price: $24,815
    Freight: $630
    TTL: $1,264
    OTD: $26,709

Given that I sold the touring for $24,500 and it was paid off, got into a new Odyssey for $2,200 out of pocket. Given that the tires on the Touring would have been $1,000 this was a no brainer. Miss some featurs on the Touring, but nothing I can't live without.

Dealership was Hendrick Honda of Woodbridge... best prices in the area.

All in all, I'm very happy.
  • Options
    Alright, the truth is out. Castle Honda, Chicago refused to honor their prices of $28400 and $26500 for EXL - RN and EXL RES respectively. These were inclusive of destination as confirmed by their email. Now they want destination charge of $635 extra.

I am sure Honda City will also back out.
  • Options
    sadaf3sadaf3 Member Posts: 1
    Can you give the dealer name in No VA? thanks !!!!
  • Options
    tribefan1tribefan1 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone get confirmation about the incentives carrying over into November? Trying to decide but dealers in Kansas & Oklahoma are not nearly as aggressive as what I see posted here. Thanks!
  • Options
    pankajnawal, did you actually go to castle with the written quote in hand and they backed out or? I'd call the owner and tell him your reporting them to the BBB and will be happy to write scathing reviews of castle honda in Skokie IL on Edmunds, etc. Moves like this one are what give the industry a black eye. Save yourself a trip and call the GM at Mid City before going in.
  • Options
    Started the process today. Best quote thus far on 07 Touring w/RES is $32,125 which includes destination and fees, but not sales tax. I'm finding inventory isn't as hefty as I thought.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Well, there's not all that many of those models around. I based my 31K number on the fact that NAV is about 2K more (IIRC) on the sticker and some are reporting R&N quotes under 33K. Good luck!
  • Options
    sunilmishrasunilmishra Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I am looking to buy Honda Odyssey 07 with RES & Navi in RTP (NC) area, is anyone recently bought new Honda Odyssey 07 with RES & Navi ? Any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sunil
  • Options
    mohansbmohansb Member Posts: 4
    I'm also looking to buy an EX-L. Can you please tell me who the dealer is. This price is very good.
  • Options
    No. I called him up to confirm everything and making sure he has the color in stock and he said he cannot honor the price and I will have to pay Destination separately. I will be writing a review on him on Edmunds and dealerrater.com
  • Options
    tmg4p00tmg4p00 Member Posts: 12
    Follow up to my previous messages. I closed the deal and drove home today with the van. I sent out 22 requests for internet quotes using donkeypunch1's instructions re-posted above. I received 19 offers back, 2 no replies, and 1 dealer that said no thanks and didn't want to give me an online quote at all. Of the 19, 5 didn't actually provide a quote like I requested, so out they went. Down to 14. One was the lowest and provided every single piece of info I requested.

Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, VA.

A few other northern VA dealers were within $1,000. A few others were between $1000 - $1500 higher. The rest were above that. Two dealers offered to beat my best deal by $250 after a few emails. I went with Hendrick because they were the lowest and didn't feel like playing that $250 game. Plus Hendrick included Free wheel locks, door edge guards, spash guards, and pin stripe. I had them pull off the pin stripe.

So MSRP $33,500 plus the cost of the accessories.

$26,100 cost plus freight, tax (3% in VA), and fees.

$28,000 out the door for a new EX-L with RES.

That was the cheapest first quote I received. My local dealer offered to match at the last minute, but with NO accessories. It was worth the 1/4 tank of gas to drive.

I went with the Costco/Cap One financing @ 6% for 60 months. Hendrick and my internet sales person (initials SP)were easy to work with, answered all of my questions, and made the process easy. Since it is only an hour's drive from Richmond, we will probably take them up on the free inspections and shop at Patomic Mills while it is getting done every year. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    gujaratigujarati Member Posts: 10
    Hi any one has any idea about EXL 2008 invoice price
    Also how about 26450 for EXL 2007 (Plus tax and tags)
  • Options
    I was wondering if you can tell me if there was a dealer processing fee involved; meaning was it worked into your base price? Thanks.
  • Options
    Don't know about 08's except what is on here and Edmunds.

You can do better on the 07 EX-L w/o RES/NAV. I did $26,100 with RES plus the freight would make it $26,735. So that is only $300 more than your quote for the RES. You should be able to do about $700 or so better, if not $1000.
  • Options
    which state are you in, any chance you have email quote, or some thing I can show them,
    By the way thanks for your response.
  • Options
    alartialarti Member Posts: 8
    I started the process of buying an EXL from the dealers in the area and so far it seems to be going sort of well.
    One of the dealers is almost sold out of 07. Another one replied that they are sold out. The one with the most inventory has offered $24,599 (their dealer fee is about $550). I have a high mileage trade-in and that is where we are having a bit of a sticking point so far. Won't believe anything until I sign and drive. Will keep you posted.

BTW, for those of you asking for 08s there seem to be plenty in this area.
  • Options
    cssystemscssystems Member Posts: 4
    Since some of you reported dealing with Hendrick Honda of Woodbridge, VA, I gave them a call and got a quote of 25k on EXL 2007. I asked what about 08, he said 500 more. I am quite skeptical, especially since Im in NY and would need to fly down there and back--- what do you guys think? He seemed very interested in closing the deal FAST --- wanted to know when i'll be down there... End of month fever?
    Anyway, I'm planning on asking him for the exact vin and quoted contract with price, etc... faxed to me before i go down there. I would appreciate anyone's advice/experience with these guys...

THANKS
  • Options
    dilvaladilvala Member Posts: 13
    They are Legit.....

many times on this board manymany times... people post after buying from hendricks honda... seem to have the lowest prices.

i haven't bought from them yet... but i take those quotes and have them matched by my local Honda dealers...

25k price is correct i have a email with one lower than that which expires on the Nov 2nd... its 24855 plus 595 destination plus 399 doc fee plus 22 tag and plus TAX(depends where u stay)..

hope that helps
  • Options
    cssystemscssystems Member Posts: 4
    i wanted 25 after all fees.
    what about '08 -- its hard to believe their price would be 500 more for an 08--- especially since the 07 has 2000 rebate
  • Options
    gsnoddygsnoddy Member Posts: 14
    Finally made the purchase last night, and wanted to let Boston area EX-L lookers know what they can buy for.

I bought an new 07 EX-L yesterday From BOCH Honda for $25,421 (includes destination) + $298 DOC, + $86 for Title/Plates. Add Mass. Tax of course.

All via internet -- they were the lowest I found, quick to respond, and no one would touch the price.

PM me if you want names -- no pressure, very thorough. I'll post later tonight the full list of area dealers and their prices for the EX-L. :)
  • Options
    not gone find EX-L for $25,000.00 OTD

you might want to call them back about the 08's and get a emailed quote from the dealer for 08 or 07
  • Options
    kaps9934kaps9934 Member Posts: 8
    just called them, 2008 are not available till middle of NOV.
  • Options
    could you please send me email if you have about quote.
  • Options
    I am in Virginia and made my purchase from Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, VA (northern VA, bottom of the metro DC area).

I did save my quote, but it is on an EX-L with RES. I would suggest emailing them to get a quote. It seems like 1 or 2 others have gone with Hendrick Honda in the past few days. I am very satisfied with my buying experience.
  • Options
    what was price for EXL-RES you bought
  • Options
    amykevinamykevin Member Posts: 1
    I'm working with Boch now. Was that their initial quote or after haggling back and forth. Who did you deal with because I have them down to 26100 and would like to pull trigger by the 31 ST. Thanks for any info
  • Options
    i see it so many times

if we gone compare apples to apples at least put the pirce that includes destination.

TRADE IN value can not be taken into effect. ( DO NOT POST IT)

your OTD price would not be the same OTD for someone living in the next County.

thanks
  • Options
    asr2asr2 Member Posts: 7
    it is Hendrico Honda Woodbridge.
  • Options
    coil99coil99 Member Posts: 11
    >>>

Wow. Without a doubt, that's the cheapest I've heard an 07 EX-L-RES sell for. Congrats!
  • Options
    Call Hendrick, and got 26149 (Including Fright and doc fees ) for EXL I think its more than what others are getting from them, any one share infomration about rep name, or some emails, from Hendrick for EXL price
  • Options
    I agree that if folks want to compare apples to apples that destination needs to be spelled out...whether it was included in your base price or additional.
    I strongly disagree with your suggestion to not post trade in details. Omitting this detail tells one nothing about someones purchase price even if it includes destination. Dealers are looking at the OVERALL deal and so should someone buying a car. Case in point: any dealer would be happy to sell you an EXL for 24500 Including destination if they aren bending you over by 4k on your trade. 4k sounds high and not a realistic number but believe me it's not. So in reality that 24500 is really 28500 (which sucks). in addition it misleads others and buyers end up chsing their tails on a price that isn't attainable based on receiving half the information about some's steamin deal. minimally, if u had a trade, note such so that others can take that factor into consideration.

While I'm on my rant :) ,in addition to destination, note your doc fees or any extras. ie 25000 including destination on an EXL isn't the full picture if you pay five hundred in doc fees and decide to throw on clearcoat in addition at your wifes desire.

Bottom line is that price plus destination means nothing unless the only other costs are tax title and license AND you didn't have a trade.
  • Options
    TuTu Member Posts: 56
    Looking for an 07 with RES, in the DC Metro myself. Can someone share their price at Hendricks?
  • Options
    gsnoddygsnoddy Member Posts: 14
    Their original quote (and several other dealers) was $27,6xx OTD, and when they called to follow-up, I said that I was trying to get as close to $27,000 OTD as possible. They did not know I had a trade. They came back with $27,087 OTD, before any trade consideration.

I'll forward the name of the Internet guy and the sales person I worked with if you PM me; my e-mail is in my profile.

This was the most complete buying experience I've had, and it was essentially painless. :)
  • Options
    ddudeddude Member Posts: 3
    Finally purchased the 2007 EXL with RES/NAV for $31710 OTD.
    Break down is as follows
    Base Price: $28998 (incl. destination fee of $635)
    Doc Fee: $55
    Tax: $2396 (8.25%)
    License Fee: $188
    Registration Fee: $64
    CA Tire Fee: $9

Was able to get Cargo Tray + Splash Guards after negotiations. I sat with 3 or 4 dealers who said they will beat other dealer's price but after looking at what this dealer is giving they backed off and said can't do it. I'm happy and think got a good deal (at least in bay area). :)