Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey 1999 - 2004

Comments

• grplavloffgrplavloff Member Posts: 138
    "Robr2 gave you VERY good advise. The Canadian Odysseys are to be avoided for the reasons he mentioned. "

And the other reason,of course, is that if US buyers started purchasing Odysseys in Canada, US dealers would lose a lot of the leverage they now have to inflate prices.
  • mojo66mojo66 Member Posts: 83
    Honda dealers have always enjoyed this kind of leverage with new models but it only lasts so long. I'm now starting to see many more Odysseys sitting on dealer lots. Toyota's Sienna, which is a year older in the production cycle, is now being offered with $1K factory cash back as an incentive to move them off lots here in SoCal. DC has already started offering similar discounts on its NEW 2001 minivans. Supply and demand. If you want 'em while their hot, you'll pay more to get them, and we all have.
  • timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    The difference is that Toyota proved to have missed the boat by underestimating the American desire for a maxi-minivan (OK, it's an oxymoron, but then so are we Americans). Their Sienna was overshadowed by the Odyssey as soon as the new version came out and sales suffered noticeably back then.

DC did the "safe" thing in not changing their "new" minivans enough to alienate their large and loyal customer base (seems they were paying attention when Ford updated the then best-selling Taurus so much that it left most of its customers cold). Unfortunately, that means the new DC vans still did not offer enough improvement over the Odyssey to eclipse its appeal. Then, when you consider that auto sales are slowing and that DC has enough production capacity to outstrip demand anyway, it is not surprising that they will so quickly resort to incentives to help manage their supply of already-produced minivans.

Honda, OTOH, still seems a long way from producing enough Odysseys to meet the demand and seems unlikely to do so anytime soon. That being said, I do believe that the pay-any-price days are pretty much over (especially since the glow is off the dot.com miracle millionare machine), but I think it will still be many moons before we see Odyssey selling prices being calculated from invoice rather than MSRP, much less seeing any incentives offered to buy one. Whether through luck or planning, Honda has created a golden goose and I don't yet see anything or anyone capable of killing it.
  • acuhonmanacuhonman Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your help Billg7.
  • kals1galkals1gal Member Posts: 2
    We have a 2000 Ody LX. Got the optional siderails thrown in, but to my dismay they are rated to carry only 100 lbs, not 150 lbs like the siderails on the EX (which come standard).

Does anyone know if it is possible to put the EX siderails on an LX? I know they should fit the mounting points, but does this require removing the headliner, or is the attachment similar to mounting the LX rails?

Also, if you are considering snowtires for your Ody...DO IT!!! I got the Hakkapellita Q's (not sure if the spelling is right) and the grip...especially the lateral grip when cornering, is very good. Got a spare set of Honda OEM rims to mount the Hakkas on...and the last little bit of right hand drift is GONE...don't know if it's the hakka's vs the firestones or if the new rims are better than the ones that came with the vehicle.

By the way, I did have the adjustment done tot he subframe when the vehichle was pulling more noticably to the right.

bill
    billyymc@aol.com
  • keygokeygo Member Posts: 38
    How are the sound systems on these vehicles. I plan on adding the 6 cd changer. The system as a whole looks and the little bit I heard the radio sounds marginal. Is the subwoffer worth what ever if costs? Good sound is a real plus in a car...

Thanks
  • mike734mike734 Member Posts: 128
    >>Can someone please explain how the traction control feature works on the Ody? I noticed that there is some kind of on/off button to the left of the steering wheel. Thanks....<<

TCS is always on when you start the car. You have to turn it off with the dash button. The dash TCS light will illuminate when TCS is off. An exception is when TCS is active (do it's thing) the TCS light will flash.
  • mdb011263mdb011263 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 Odyssey, which I really do love. However, I had my first and I hope last problem with it recently. When I tried to start the van, the battery was totally dead. I have less than 2000 miles on it and can think of no reason why the battery was drained of power.
    Has anyone heard of this? Or can anyone think what could have drained the power? THe lights were off, the doors were shut... I did hear a slight clicking noise in the dash close to the door controls, but no one (dealer or repair shop) seems to have answer as to why this could happen.
    It is in the shop now, getting a good checking out... But the battery doesn't drain of power for no reason
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  • masshoosiermasshoosier Member Posts: 70
    If your into car stereo systems as much as you appear to be......then, frankly, this system blows chunks for your needs. Figure on planning your upgrade. It's fine the way it is for my purposes(AM radio mainly) but not for the connoisseur.
  • 00san00san Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the explanation Mike737. The owners manual is totally unhelpful on this.
  • 00san00san Member Posts: 14
    I guess no vehicle is perfect and one of the common complaints about the Odyssey has always been the poor stereo. I suppose its better that they cut costs their then in other more important places. The Mazda MPV has a decent stereo with 6 cd in-dask changer.
  • jmz1jmz1 Member Posts: 3
    To Pat84

In regard to the dummy light for the personal lights...

You wrote: . I would suggest that any child old enough to turn it on should be held responsible for turning it off. IMHO teaching your child responsibility now, rather than wonder how your teenager became so irresponsible is worth considering.

What a self-rightous comment. Of course we teach our kids responsibility. Duh? But guess what, sometimes they forget. That is common, in fact, that is why there are dummy bells for the driver who exits the car with the lights on. But I guess you would not need this, being "responsible" and all.

MORE importantly, most of the time my son turns the light on, reads a little, then falls asleep. When I get back home, I open the door and all the lights are on. In this case I can not see which one was personally touched on. But wait, based on your recommendation my son is being irresponsible for falling asleep. Shame on him, I guess he will have to be punished!

The dummy light is a good idea, unless you and your kids are perfect (and never fall asleep). Pat84, I am glad you have reached this perfection.

Anyway, it is a great van, but even a great van can use some ideas.
  • minimanminiman Member Posts: 85
    Took a plane trip w/ 3 kids. On the way to airport, reserved a minivan from taxi service, but could not even get all the luggage in the back of the Venture w/o folding down 1/2 of rear seat. In Fla, since luggage could not all fit in a GM van (Alamo had only GMs) we rented a Blazer, and just barely fit luggage and interior was cramped for the kids. So good to be home to our spacious, comfortable Odyssey. We have easily fit more than this in our van in the past.

A few comments on earlier posts:

1. Earlier poster commented he liked EX power sliders. Despite some hassles, I still think the EX package w/ power sliders and other options pulls rank on the LX (esp. my year - '00 - when no TCS on LX). If I had to get a new van, I think I would still get EX (would Definately still get Honda)

2. Casette installed on EX - I will again share my wife's wisdom (posted many moons ago) - what is cheaper, 10 new CD's or the casette player? Answer is, of course the CDs; so get some fresh music, save the tissue compartment in the dash and save your time and $ by not installing the casette player.

3. Complaints about MSRP and comment about "overpaying" for Odyssey. MSRP for Ody is not overpaying. It is paying the market price for an in-demand vehicle. Even with Toyota, Ford and DC offerring rebates, Odyssey is still cost-competitive. Look at those vehicles' MSRP's - by the time you option them with most of Odyssey's features, many approach or even exceed $30K. And the only things they have that Honda does not are leather and sunroof (latter might have been very nice...). The ones with entertainment centers; the TV and VCP can easily be had as aftermarket purchases and just plugged in.
    THe definition of overpaying is 5k over MSRP for a PT Cruiser with a Neon engine.
  • jmz1jmz1 Member Posts: 3
    Some have suggested to fold the back seat down (in tailgate mode)to change the baby. Been there, done that. The problem is it can not be done in my situation. We have 3 kids which mean the back seat has a car seat attached. To fold the seat in tailgate mode, the car seat has to be removed. This is a pain just to change the diaper.

BTW, Pat84, just giving you a hard time:)
  • odd1odd1 Member Posts: 227
    Don't use the tailgate mode just use the 3rd seat well. My little squirmmer can't escape from there.
  • rockycowrockycow Member Posts: 114
    My battery went dead a few months after purchase. I tried to charge it and noticed that the charger wouldn't charge it all the way. The dealer said he couldnt find anthing wrong but ended up giving me a new battery. No problems since.
    rockycow
  • billg7billg7 Member Posts: 342
    That reminds me,there have been a couple of posts on this board that says you can't charge an Odyssey battery with a battery charger or you will damage something.

Has someone checked to see if that was really true. I would like to know for future reference.

I plan to keep my Odyssey a long time and sooner or later I will probably need to call the AAA and have them charge my battery. They will most probably not know what to do. Does that mean they will have to tow my car?

If someone thinks of it they could ask the service people next time they are in. I was just in so it will be a while before I get to the service department again.
  • gsarchetgsarchet Member Posts: 8
    I just got a quote from a Chicagoland dealer offering the LX : "I currently have (1) LX Odyssey which came in yesterday. It
    is white and the only add on is an appearance package, which
    contains fabric and paint protection and undercoating. The Price
    of this vehicle is MSRP + the Appearance package.
    $24,340.00 + $1100.00 = $25,440.00
    I do not expect this vehicle to be here after today, so if you
    are interested, Please call me as soon as possible"..etc..

This is obviously some kind of dealer add-on. 1)I am under the impression that I could by a can of Scotch-guard and do the fabric. 2) What is paint protection? 3) Rustproofing: is that for real? 4) What else is in this kind of 'package'?

I am ready to order a LX, with a roof rack (what is the wieght limit?, and upgraded cd??!, and keyless entry, (is that the only way to get the remote control doorlock feature?).

Please advise re:the above quote. I am ready now, but can wait months

This forum is incredible. Thank you.
  • hotspurhotspur Member Posts: 34
    I'd say the so-called "appearance package" is a euphemism for "additional dealer markup." If you can "wait months," find a dealer who'll sell one to you for MSRP. Someone in another thread suggested going to Yahoo Classified to check possibilities.
  • pat84pat84 Member Posts: 817
    I do not accept "It's not my fault, I forgot" as an excuse. I would not pay extra for an idiot light that went on when someone forgot to turn their light off. Accountability and responsibility are taught. Not let an idiot light be accountable for a parent to fix it.
  • slkeckslkeck Member Posts: 3
    Teaching responsibility sounds great - but doesn't go to far when a MISTAKE is made - as will happen with small children. Our example - new van - arrived back at airport after 4 day trip at 11pm (dark, lot at airport not in safe area of town,) and the van was dead. Jumpstarted and all alarms went crazy - took awhile to figure that out too! All this because a kid's reading light was left on. The next day I read the owners manual, and found on page 133 (ODDY 2001 EX) that is says the rear lights can be pushed on and off when the ignition key is in the ACCESSORY or ON position!! This is how IT SHOULD WORK - but doesn't. Asked salesman about it and he said his wife has the van, the lights get left on, and he bought a portable battery jumpstarter! If I had known this I might not have bought this van! Talked to the Factory - they said sorry - guess the manual is wrong - but at least I voiced my opinion that this is a VERY UNSAFE PROBLEM in a van that has high safety ratings. By the way, the factory answer was to turn the lights off on the dash - which is a poor "fix" because you need and want the lights to come on at night when you open the door - and with the master light switch off this is not going to happen. As for pat84 - I agree that you don't need an idiot light - you just need the van designed properly for all of us in the world that have children that could (believe it or not) make a mistake. My Mercury Sable wagon was smart enough to turn off anything that would cause a battery drain - too bad they make such lousy transmissions.
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    Another way to find a dealer that will sell you a van at MSRP with no add ons is to post your email address here on this forum. There are a lot of dealers that cannot address your desire to purchase an Odyssey without being censored by Edmunds.

The policy that is there to prevent spamming by dealers is actually deterring some from "matching" up with someone that might be of help.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    And that's a good policy that I agree with totally.

Of course, if you're in the business of selling discounted Honda parts, than it's O.K.!

Sorry, couldn't resist....:)
  • cavillercaviller Member Posts: 331
    I purchased my odyssey from a salesperson who posted in the Yahoo! Odyssey club. He posted that he had a certain model in stock now, and also the exact price and included options and other details. I've also purchased accessories from Trevor at handa-accessories.com. One nice thing about both of these people (and others like jmurman42) is that they don't blatantly spam advertisements with just their e-mail and a request to contact them if you are looking to buy something. On the other hand, they do post a lot of good responses to questions on the forum, and have earned a number of satisfied customers here, who then spread the word about the good service they had to other buyers.
    I don't know what you mean!?! Trevor (who's company's new site name is www.handa-accessories.com, BTW) hasn't posted here in a long time. Surely he is innocent....

;-)
  • lisahhhlisahhh Member Posts: 22
    I vote for the "idiot" light reminder. (Don't like that name tho, as no one in my family is an idiot...) Sure, my kid uses the light and turns it off most of the time. And when she doesn't, I catch it. Except once....Enough times to want a reminder. Just like when I leave the front lights on.

Oh. So I guess I AM an idiot, huh?
  • tj_tjiangtj_tjiang Member Posts: 8
    Two problems came up to my Ody 2000 EX:

(1). The steering make "zi--" noise in real cold weather. It only happens in the morning when I try to drive away from parking lots. Only the first time I make turn. Weather has to be cold enough. Later in the day, no more noise heard.

(2). Driver side window wobbles when sliding down in wet weather. If weather turns dry, the window will behave normal. It works normal in all weather before. Passenger side window works normal.
  • tj_tjiangtj_tjiang Member Posts: 8
    I think the remaining lights do bother me. I basically have to check them all every time before I get up from driver seat and close door. Those lights should be shut down automatically like head lights do.
  • phil47phil47 Member Posts: 394
    Ditto. Add me to the "Idiot with irresponsible kids" list. I'm pretty comfortable with my parenting skills, but regardless, one mistake by a kid (or adult) which drains my battery....just once....is enough of a pain in the [non-permissible content removed] to make me want a "lights on" reminder of some sort.
  • cnybrocnybro Member Posts: 29
    I hear ya folks! This really irks me about the Odyssey. How could Honda overlook such a detail? They need to listen to us! You would think they would have a consumer study group to find such deficiencies.

Anyway, I posted these links a long time ago. There are links to special relays that have a built-in timer. You just need to splice this in behind the light switch in the dash. They have a knob to control the delay and you just need to connect a constant +12V line and a switched +12V line to make this work. Those of us who are engineers and/or handy it's really no big deal. Certainly no more difficult than installing the keyless entry system or audio components. If you know what your're doing, there's no worry of frying the electrical system. That's why there are fuses. One of these days I'll get around to it and let you know how it works. For others, you could buy the parts and bring your van to a stereo/alarm shop and pay them $75 to install it.

http://www.nationalcontrols.com/Timer1-21.htm
    http://www.amperite.com/dod.htm
    "MSRP for Ody is not overpaying. It is paying the market price for an in-demand vehicle....."
    "THe definition of overpaying is 5k over MSRP for a PT Cruiser with a Neon engine."

No, it is simply paying the market price for an in-demand vehicle....
  • binkybarnesbinkybarnes Member Posts: 69
    just wondering which of you ody owners have the middle row seats pushed together instead of the middle aisle and why. we have actually taken the passenger side second row captain's chair out and love that configuration. it makes it really easy to buckle the kids in two car seats in the 3rd row as well as plopping baby into the car carrier in the other captains chair and then skooching into the driver's seat from there (love than folding center console table!!!). we have just been trying out the various configurations and have decided we like that last one the best so i went ahead and just ordered the necessary striker covers from trevor at www.HandA-Accessories.com...that guy answers e-mails in a flash!
  • binkybarnesbinkybarnes Member Posts: 69
    i think honda should raise msrp from $26,400 for the ex to $30,100 but then let people "haggle" the price down to $26,500...that oughta make everyone happy.

;-)
  • sam7068sam7068 Member Posts: 28
    binkybarnes, The seating configuration was one of the main reason I swiched vans on the last minutes. I purchased Nissan Quest GXE which offers 26 configuration. The GLE offers 54 configuration. Kids favorite is Lemo style in which they all (along with friends) get to see the built-in TV/VCR/Game. By the way TV/VCR is free on all the vans. Anyways, you get so many options that even my home decorator wife goes nutts with it.

Sam
  • sam7068sam7068 Member Posts: 28
    Honda has missed so many minor details. Here is the list that the Quest GXE(base model) has but Odyssey misses.My cost was 21K out the door.

1)All the lights inside the car go out automatically after 1/2 hour. To prevent accidental drainage of battery.

2)Monitor Mirror (very clever idea) to check on your back seat passenger.

3)Side lights that light up your way before you make your turn. They get activated by turn signal. Very good in very dark locations or if you have poor vision.

4)Free Built-in TV/VCR/Game station hookups.
    5)Control for Radio and AC in the back seat.
    6)Too many cupholders and storage areas all over second row and third row. That's beside the ones on front row.
    7)Keyless remote entry (Free)
    8)Extra plug in the second row in case you want to use your laptop or charge your cell phone.
    Now the quality of stereo and seats speak for themselves.

I like these little things for 21K!!!
  • cavillercaviller Member Posts: 331
    Binkybarnes-

We've left the captains chairs outboard, with child seats in them. Makes loading kids from outside easier, and allows folding of the magic seat when needed. Access to the third row isn't the greatest for adults, but fortunately that doesn't happen too often.

Sam7068-

Good points. Hopefully Honda is listening. I'd also like to see them add side airbags (head and chest), dual-force "smart" front airbags, DRLs, stability control and improved head restraints.

If only the Quest (or any minivan) had these nice features along with top safety ratings and the magic seat. Until then we'll all make compromises based on what is most important to us...
    And Ody owners get a terrific state-of-the-art engine that combines excellent power with surprisingly high gas mileage, a van that rides and handles as well as any and better than nearly all, plenty of room for seven adults and huge amounts of cargo, a disappearing third seat offering 10-second reconfigurability and no need to remove and store the seat, outstanding resale value, the highest safety and rollover ratings, etc., etc. etc.

Little vs. big. You pays your money and takes your choice.
  • dave84dave84 Member Posts: 75
    Come on, sam7068, you don't really believe that you haven't paid for that TV/VCR/game thing and the keyless remote entry, do you? I'm pretty sure that if that stuff didn't come standard with the van that the base price would be proportionally lower.
  • phil47phil47 Member Posts: 394
    I want me one of 'em!!!! Where do I line up to get me one for my Odyssey? Oh right...stupid me...I have to PAY for a Quest to get a FREE TV/VCR.... :-)

Yeah, yeah...I'm being a smartass....

I agree hotspur, it's the big things that count, not the number of cupholders (although I've stopped counting them all on the Ody...)
  • guseguse Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying a Honda Care warranty for my 01 Odyssey. I would like the 7 year/100,000 mile/$0 deductible warranty. Has anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area been able to buy one of these for under $1200? If necessary, I am willing to buy it from an out-of-state dealer as well. Can anyone give me the names and phone numbers of dealers who aren't asking an arm and a leg for the Honda Care.
  • lumanskilumanski Member Posts: 39
    We don't want this turning into another town hall but when are the 2002 Quests coming out???? What do you mean, they have stopped making them? Sorry, thats a low blow! One other point, if you plan on getting into a wreck, you might not want that Quest either... http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/html/summary_passvans.htm
  • shaganastyshaganasty Member Posts: 23
    Try this link:

http://1netweb.com/checklist.htm

It will have the info you are looking for.
    I paid $895 from same dealer I bought the Odyssey from, just told them I could get it at that price and they sold it to me. My mother in law did the same thing to the dealer she bought her Odyssey from and got it for $895.

Good luck
    Dick
    Capt'n chairs are together. Have 3 kids. Infant carrier seat goes in 2nd row outboard (driver side) seat, so easy to reach in to secure it. older kids shuffle in on passenger side aisle (created w/ seats together) and occupy back outboard corners - their own little corners of the world w/ cupholders too. (WARNING - just be sure to periodically check the driver side armrest compartment in 3d row - those kids that leave lights on also leave empty yosqueeze packs and apple cores in the handy bin!) When carpooling, extra kid sids in middle seat, rear row usually (so as not to have opportunity to pummel the infant). When baby crying, my daughter is good with him so we can just move her booster seat to middle row. When whole family in car, wife usually occupies passenger-side capt'n chair to minister to infant as necessary. This configuation has worked well for us.
    Oh, and the seats in the van were all FREE! And all only for $26k! Quest van is probably too small for many Odyssey owners.
    Do not think that you buy the van from a dealer and then say good by (good buy too?). When I had my door problem, the salesman (who seemed trustworthy and was with the dealership for years, had a wall of Honda and other awards) was the key to getting the sales folks to bend over backwards to get this resolved (van goes in on Mon, will see what happens). Sales folks were nice, but could not fix the problem. Sales manager now promised to work on it himself after salesman called him personally.

I paid MSRP in 12/99 but got free floor mats (were option way back then) and $200 rebate from dealer since I referred a friend who bought a Honda too. I refused to pay more than MSRP, visited more than 5 dealerships and nixed them right away due to chicanery and other nonsense (eg costly appearance packages - Ody looks just fine as it is, thank you). I wonder how helpful the quick-buck scamming dealers would have been at helping me out with the door problems now.

For those in the market for a new van, ask around. After an incredibly unpleasant experience at one dealer, I set out determined to get names of reputable salespersons, and asked about everyone I know if they could recommend a good Honda salesperson by name. A second hand reference through an acquaintance of one of my partners got me this salesman and this was indeed the way to go. I had been to the same dealership less than one year prior looking at an Accord, and the off-the-floor salesman who tried to "help" me was a fool, straight out of the training class saying everything Edmunds said they will try to say to scam you. Thus, I found that every aspect of your relationship with the dealer matters. No matter what the manufacturer's reputation, the potential exists for problems so be sure you have someone you can turn to that you can trust.
  • billg7billg7 Member Posts: 342
    I spend about 3 month in a detailed research mode on which car to buy and I considered every car. I had also spend about 2 years before that, thinking about what car to buy. Where I live the drivers are on the reckless side. Our city is one of the top ones for red lights run and drivers just love to tailgate you. I have had two of them have to go to the right, off the road, to avoid hitting me when I stopped for a red light and they were behind me not paying attention.

I assigned weightings to different characteristics. The top weighting was to safety. I gave a lot of consideration to an SUV. For me the Odyssey came out on top. It was not the perfect car but it ended up with the most points. For others in a different situation it could just as well have been some other car. For a person on a tight budget how about a Honda Civic or the Vollswagon bug. For a young guy with some money and is single, who is looking for a good time, how about a Corvette. For someone who likes to drive off road a lot, how about a Chev Tahoe or that new Toyota large SUV.
    "just wondering which of you ody owners have the middle row seats pushed together instead of the middle aisle and why. we have actually taken the passenger side second row captain's chair out and love that configuration..."

I decided that whatever van I buy will have a bench for the middle seats: it's the only rational
    way to give decent access to the third row.
    "And Ody owners get a terrific state-of-the-art engine that combines excellent power with surprisingly high gas mileage, a van that rides and handles as well as any and better than nearly all..."

... and considerably noisier than most....
  • ocuihsocuihs Member Posts: 138
    Hi,
    I'm not good with numbers. How do you find out your total interest on a $25,000 loan, say, 7%....8% for 4....5 years? I'm picking up my ODY today and wanted to prepare myself for the F&I person with some numbers. Thanks.
    Don't think it is simply a matter of being good or bad at math; actually it is a matter of being able to use a spreadsheet or an online payment calculator (such as the one provided by the Edmunds-affiliated image in their Payment Calculator/Comparison).

Calculating total interest (and the amount of the payments too) on a simple-interest loan (the usual kind where you pay interest only on the amount left and can pay off early without penalty or paying the remaining interest), was so difficult to calculate that it had to wait for computers to come along (for those of us old enough to remember when PCs where not common). The answer changes if you vary the length of the loan, the frequency of the payments or the interest rate. IOW, any one component (payment amount, interest rate, total interest paid) will change if you vary any of the other components.

Of course, this allows some less-than-straightforward Finance Folks (FFs) to bamboozle you with numbers while avoiding answering your question. However, the final finance agreement you sign must specify the total of payments and/or the separated out total interest paid if you do not pay off the loan early. So, you can ask to see those numbers and make any changes or decisions not to use their financing before signing.

Until someone shows us measured decibels posting #755 is merely an assertion.

When Popular Mechanics did its comparo in late 1999 the Ody trailed only the Sienna--and only by a little--in terms of interior noise. Subjective comments in a recent Motor Trend indicate the new 2001 DCs are quieter, but didn't include any decibel readings. The Ody, according to Popular Mechanics, was in fact quieter than the former generation DC minis.

"Noisier than most?" Not according to the numbers.