Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Impreza WRX

Comments

• augmach5augmach5 Member Posts: 12
    well i geuss I have caught you on your period? geezzz..im not trying to make this a vw or audi for that matter showdown versus the wrx..obviously u are in love with subaru..and thats fine..i love your attitude..very touchy about this car thing?..oh well..pal..im just bringing to the table some observations..Yea i geuss check engine lights that come on after 70 miles is okay..even though the dealer has no idea how to remedy the problem..if yours came on..you would probably just put a piece of tape over it..im sure..im sorry you have a such a negative attitude towards vw owners..i have no problem with subarus or their owners..in fact a friend of mine just bought a legacy gt sedan..that is very nice..
    i love your little comments..what a joke..anytime you are in seattle..we can go to sir and see whos has spent more time at the track..since you must have alot of more experience than me..maybe u can show me what your grocery getter does in the 1/4 mile as well as the road course..

by no means does chipping a 1.8t cause a headache..and it dosent reduce low rpm power..it actually reduces any noticeable lag..and the power band is still pretty linear..and dosent spike..like the drinks you must have had before you got on the computer this morning..

and yes i wll drive a wrx..and whos knows if i like it..i might even buy one..would that make u cry? hiroki or whatever your name is..i geuss your the real "puke" here..try to be more positive..pal

later..
  • barresa62barresa62 Member Posts: 1,379
    Shaun: You replace them. From what I've gathered (yes, I frequent the i-club as of late as H8YNERS) there is a bad initial batch of sensors from Bosch. This is what I suspected all along. It's not a reflection on the WRX's reliability. If you don't want to buy a WRX because you still feel uneasy that's fine but don't make it into something it's not. Besides, a true auto enthusiast wouldn't take the bait anyhow. :-)

Stephen
    stephen..ok then..lets hope its nothing serious..an 02 sensor should be an easy fix..right? i just saw the yellow wrx thats posted pics above here..in seattle..near fremont.today 3/26/01..looks better in person..i have seen a wagon upclose but not the sedan..so dont be alarmed if i raise a red flag due to reports of cel coming on..etc..it was just that it has happened to quite a few..and 2-3 trips to the dealer later its still is an issue..if it dosent bother u..i wont worry about it either..
  • motorsportmotorsport Member Posts: 1
    I test drove the new WRX this weekend and it was a most wonderful experience! The car only had 300 miles on it when we were snug in the high bolstered seats. Before taking off the salesman said to buckle up. Now I know why! This is not a car it's a rocket ship. When my foot released the clutch, it was so responsive, so quickly, I nearly stalled it. How embarrassing. The second time I engaged the clutch it was making a left turn across four lanes of traffic. What a launch! I also experienced the perm-grin factor. So much for playing it cool in front of the salesman. The short throw of the sifter making crisp changes between gears was a Godsend.
    When I started to take the car back to the dealership, the salesman asked ME if he could drive it for a while. I'm sold and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
  • kostamojen2kostamojen2 Member Posts: 284
    The problem is definatly the tires... Replace them as soon as the Break in period's over, its worth it! :)

Motorsport: Hehe... I feel your pain :D Must... Own... Impreza... now ;)
  • wil02wil02 Member Posts: 10
    anyone here experienced the CEL problem and I wonder if this is being fixed by SOA?

the wagon in Asia comes with moonroof, just saw one last week!

Wil
  • uniballeruniballer Member Posts: 4
    Colin, one of the reasons I am looking forward to new wheels is new tires. I am not hugely disappointed with the RE92s, but then again, I am not impressed either. There have been a couple of times that I felt I was at the limit of my tires grip without being at the limits of the car's handling. I don't know how to explain that better, but I definitely feel the need for grippier meats.

However, considering that I am *supposed* to be taking it easy on the car, I am not going to bother investing in new tires until I have made the wheel decision.

I really like the idea of the Forged BBS wheels, I just can't stand the price. I have been reading i-club but there doesn't seem to be anything remotely similar to a clear winner as far as aftermarket 17" wheels go. I saw a few, but I simply can't do gold wheels. I like the understated look of my silver WRX too much to get crazy with a wheel color.

If ANYONE knows of a way I can get a decent discount on the BBS wheels Subaru offers, I will gladly buy those.

Glinski,

I am glad you enjoyed the car as much as I did and do. Everytime I site in it I am start smiling. Monday was the first day in a long time that I was both early to work, and happy with my morning commute. If I can manage early wake-ups everymoring, I might start taking the long cut.

-Jason
  • jhazenjhazen Member Posts: 4
    ...one of my co-workers asked me (today) if I still liked it as much as the day I bought it. I could only reply "my cheeks hurt from smiling too much... 600 miles is a long way to smile".

I absolutely love my car, and the more I drive it, the more I love it. Now, I just need to find some forged 17" wheels to put a set of Pole Positions on for the christening of the 1,000 mile mark...

--jeff
    Go to Carter Subaru at 175th and Aurora... they have a Rally Blue WRX 5MT you can drive around... at the end of the first day I hear it had over 100 miles on it. I bought mine from Nik Forte... he was very straightforward and helpful with everything I needed.

Good luck and have fun!

--jeff
  • mic138mic138 Member Posts: 5
    Hi folks. Today, I am to take delivery of 2002 WRX. It comes with the minimum set of options, yet, I did purchase the 17' wheel package. I really can not wait to pick it up.

Questions:
    1) Can someone list links to popular WRX Web sites?

2) Performance upgrades... recommendations, businesses, sites? Cobbtuning.com seems to the be a good place to go. SOA offers exhaust and suspension packages. Has any one purchased and used these?

3) I haven't done my homework yet, but I do know they have tuned-down the WRX from European specs. How they do that? Smaller turbos, ECU?

As you can see I am quite excited about the car. I am looking forward to joining you folks in here and on the road. This is truly an awesome car.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Mike: start at www.i-club.com.

Tuners? Cobb or Rallispec, depends on which coast you live on.

What tires come on the 17" wheels? If they are RE92s, I'd change that first. Then add an adjustable rear sway bar. The STi v5 suspension packages are sweet but very, very pricey. You may want to shop around.

The US WRX actually makes more power than the Euro market turbo, less than the STi (tuned by Prodrive in the UK). Nice thing is all your internals are the same, so there is plenty of room for improvement.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm envious.

-juice
    hey jeff..

i was just at carter last friday..they had no wrx sedans..just a wagon..im dying to get a ride in one..i saw a yellow sedan yesterday..but i dont know if any of the dealers around here have any inventory..would you be able to stop long enough to have me take a look at your new ride..let me know..

shaun
  • klkrauseklkrause Member Posts: 96
    Well, I'm unfortunately not in the position to buy my new car until later this year. I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now and I noticed a lot of discussions about the different cars people were cross-shopping ... mostly the Audi 1.8T (which I didn't understand).

I just wanted to let people know that although some other cars may not seem competitive with the WRX, some of us do cross-shop some seemingly weird cars. Personally, I'm considering all of the following:

WRX
    Volvo S60 T5
    BMW 325xi or 330xi (probably not, though because of the price)
    Acura TL Type S
    Lexus IS300

There are probably a few other vehicles I would consider, as well. I realize that the WRX is truly a competitor of the other vehicles I am considering, but I guess I haven't really decided the exact type of car I want. Obviously the WRX beats the others in terms of performance (except maybe the 330xi) and is far less expensive than the others, but there are a few other things to consider.

Indeed the interior in the WRX does not really compare to the others (and I know it's not supposed to) and I really did like the interior of the others. I drive a lot and haven't decided what is more important to me ... the less expensive performance or the more expensive comfort.

I love the idea of the raw power of the WRX and the AWD handling .. I probably wouldn't do much in the way of mods, either, because it would really be a daily-driver, not something I would take to the track. (Of course, that could all change after buying it, too!) I was thinking about the STi suspension, but would like to drive both to compare.

Just wanted to get people's thoughts ....
    Kevin: that's interesting - you're kind of moving down from pricier premium sporty imports.

My thoughts? The WRX will impress you the most as a driver, while the others will comfort and please passengers more. Is it your car or the wife's? ;-)

That plus I would not touch FWD at that price and power level.

-juice
  • lev_kuznetsovlev_kuznetsov Member Posts: 12
    for all of you people who want to make lots of things to your WRX, i just want to warn you that it might take that driving experience away with power upgrades. ECUs and uprated turbos tend to get HP up at the expense of low grunt, which makes for a totally diffirent car than you have bought. before you do anything, find some people that did it first. it is no secret that there are things to get your hp up to the viper highs, but you won't be able to drive it. what good is that going to do? the rally car makes it to 60 faster than a diablo, but trust me, power is probably the last thing in the equation for things to come together that way. ridiculously priced tires, magnesium wheels, rock hard suspension with long wheel travel (here's a weird thought) and some really serious differentials. i bet if you could have a couple of words with the prodrive team, they'd say that more power is not a problem. driving a car with more horsepower is. the best performance upgrades are things that reduce the weight of the car, especially at the front, which are not for sale yet. that means lighter alloy radiators, lighter cooling fans with lighter motors, titanium headers and so on. it is strange how people disregard the best ways to improve your car that don't give you horsepower numbers. i have not looked into whether those things are sold as of yet or not, but chances are they are expensive. and as for power, complete performance exhaust and air filters will probably give you a pump to maybe even 260hp or so; and trust me, you don't want any more than that. as for the way the car is right now, buy the wagon, not the sedan: it looks better, handles better, and a lot more practical; not to mention $500 cheaper.
    I prefer the wagon too, but I doubt it handles better, given it's heavier and its track is more narrow.

-juice
    wagons always handle better than sedans of the same car except volvo s60(T5,Sport susp.)/v70(FWD) if you can call that the same car. wagons have better weight distribution, and that's the biggest deciding factor
  • locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    Out of curiosity Jeff, how much do those wheels weigh?

-Colin
    question to the people who already bought the car.

did you just pay the msrp, or tried some negotiating?
  • jeffr1jjeffr1j Member Posts: 6
    The weight of the wheels is not confirmed and, as I am getting them delivered w/ the tires already mounted, I won't be able to weigh them myself but one message on the i-club boards says they weigh 18 lbs. http://www.i-club.com/ubb-files/Forum25/HTML/001611.html

I paid MSRP, got a fair if not fabulous trade-in, negotiated a $500 trade-in on the stock wheels and tires, a small reduction on the Service Plan, and the 3000 mile check-up for free. Apparently there is a dealer in Rochester, NY, Van Bortel, that will discount substantially if you're willing to take a trip there: http://vanbortelsubaru.com/

Lev: I'd pick the wider track/less weight over the weight distribution.

But I still prefer the wagon.

-juice
    I'd be more inclined to believe the 21# that was posted by Peaty in the thread you linked...

They'll be a huge improvement over the stock 16x6.5 / RE92 combination though.

-Colin
  • mm17mm17 Member Posts: 1
    This WRX looks sharp. I'm a big fan of the turbo charger. Does the WRX have a wet turbo (cooled with engine coolant) or a dry turbo (cooled with crankcase oil only.

I won't buy dry!
  • danemdanem Member Posts: 1
    Shaun,

I too spent a day looking for a WRX sedan 5spd to drive. Carter, Chaplin's and Melody's all blew me off for driving a WRX, so I called Roy Robinson in Marysville, who gladly offered a test drive of a black 5spd on their lot. I headed up last night and took it for a spin.

I'm actually disappointed by the lack of power, especially at high speed. I'm a bit biased, as my current car is a 405hp modified Toyota Supra turbo which can smoke an Acura NSX, C5 Vette, any BMW and nearly anything else on the road. But with the extra 400lbs my car has over the WRX, I expected a lot more oomph. Then again, I didn't take it over 4000rpm, and knowing most 4 bangers, the powerband doesn't really start until 4500-5000.

I didn't get it into any hard corners, but the steering was very responsive with the overpriced 17" BBS wheels.

I also noticed very strange transmission quirks. While 1st and 2nd gear felt good, 3rd gear at a reasonable RPM (2500-3000) caused the shifter to vibrate almost violently. In general, the tranny felt unrefined, noisy and loose.

I really want to like this car. It looks great in person, the specs looks great on paper(including the price), and everyone who owns one raves about it. Yet I can't buy one until I either

1) get used to it (catch 22 since I'd have to buy one) or
    2) drive and/or ride in one with an owner who can show it off to me, not a dealer who just wants a sale.

If anyone in the Seattle area would enjoy helping me out with #2, send me an email. :) dane-forms@onyx.com
  • potenzauspotenzaus Member Posts: 29
    Read some problems on 02 WRX from I-Club. Hope these will get fixed soon.

Waiting for my order...
    Dane: I suggest checking out the local chapter of www.i-club.com, and then attending a meet. The folks (in my area at least) tend to be friendly, and offer ride-alongs and sometimes even a drive in their Scoobys.

Well, once they get to know you.

Just keep your expectations at $24,000. The Supra is sweet, but you're probably approaching twice the investment with inflation taken into account.

-juice
  • vorticityvorticity Member Posts: 1
    Anyone lease one of these things? Just curious as to what kind of deal you got with just the normal stuff down (tax, lio., etc.). Thanks.

-vort
    ok i found a dealer that actually had a black wrx 5 speed sedan in stock..and let me drive it a whole 1.5 miles around the block..geez..u know this is a car they are selling..not the space shuttle..anyway it was in renton where i found the car..interior was ok..good seats..although i need leather..(aftermarket katskins) the shifter felt tight..not that bad..took a s-turn at about 30 or so..the salesman was in the back making sure i didnt do anything too fun..but it felt good around the corners..motor was noticeable..but not too much..didnt get to rev it past 4500 either..the lag is ok..i mean it feels like my mazda pick-up until about 4000 rpms..the hood is so light..i really need to get this car up to 6000 rpm..to have a better idea..but anyway.. the salesman wanted to make this deal happen of course..the black looked good..but i usually go for the lighter colors like silver..it needs 17 inch tires..alot of wheel well gap..

i dont know about this carbon fiber trim option for another 350..no thanks..upgraded stereo was ok..this one was optioned out for about 26k..out the door..a little too much for me..as i would be spending another 1000 on a leather upgrade..all in all it was very econo-box looking but with a neon on crack mentality..the rear wing looks better in person..but the headlights with that orange christmas tree inner bulb..would have to be upgraded..nice car..nothing amazing..no free service..but a good 3 year warranty..

sr
  • mikemajestymikemajesty Member Posts: 99
    how can you expext an impreza to perform anything like your supra. supras are an entirely different class of car, performance wise.
  • jk111jk111 Member Posts: 125
    yeah, you will need the sti version to get the sam type of oopphh.
  • rmtraderrmtrader Member Posts: 30
    Danem,

why don't you try racing your Supra against a WRX in the rain?
    When I test drove the Wagon they had at Carter (they already had my deposit for the one I was going to pick up, so they knew it wasn't just a joyride I guess) they let me drive it as hard as I wanted, so long as I was "reasonably close to obeying all of the laws".

Sean, who did you talk to at Carter? Nik Forte (and his boss Armand) didn't give me any trouble, and I've heard good things about Joe (though I have yet to meet him).

At around 3700 rpms is when you really get to feel the acceleration, right up until redline (it feels like it's ready to keep going anyway but I shifted like the good test-driver I am. (I'm pretty sure that car is either going to be a loaner or a perma-test-drive car...) It had the short-throw shifter and it seemed to rattle a little more than mine does (I didn't get that option). I can easily understand if you were disappointed with the power if you weren't allowed to shift at over 4000rpm! I had (still have, actually) a '91 Integra and I drove the WRX like I would've driven the Integra at a "Grand Prix du Stoplight"... ie keeping the rpms above 3,000 at all times and shifting shortly before redline. Now, I haven't driven anything with more than 195 horsepower (a friend's Integra Type-R) but I had my socks blown off by how well it seemed to respond.

I'm awfully busy for the next few weeks but if you still can't find someone to give you a (real) ride or take a test drive in one and drive it the way it was meant to be driven, maybe we can work something out.

--jeff
  • violentgremlinviolentgremlin Member Posts: 3
    My buddy just purchased a 2002 WRX sedan in Blue with the short throw shifter and I had to help him get it home (he can't drive a stick). I've owned two older Celica GTS' and neither obviously compare to this. The car is AWESOME, fun to drive, stays on the road and looks great. I may have to borrow it.

The dealer he dealt with let us/me take out a 5speed (not his, he special ordered it)in the pouring down rain and he let me tear it up. I didn't take it over 4000rpm or 70mph but it stuck to the road with no problem. There were a lot people test driving at the dealer (PA) but they didn't have much of a selection. They weren't real selective with who they let test drive, they let some spoiled little high school brat take one out by himself with his mom as the co pilot (no dealer with them unlike us). It's a nice going to college present - disgusting.
    uniballer: people on I-club were getting the BBS upgrade for Cost, about $2200... Not that bad considering how good those rims actually are, designed specifically FOR this car!

klkrause: Good cars on your list... Bit expensive though :P The 330xi cant touch the WRX in performance (Note: Questionable with the WRX's stock tires though) and I havent seen a 330 for less than $33k :(
    The Type-S sounds like a great car, but its rather unspectacular... Very comfortable though. I dont know much about the Volvo though...
    The IS300 is closest to the WRX in terms of "luxury". Cloth seats, hard plastics, fake silver trim... Nothing Luxurious about it if you take out the fancy gauges...
    But, personally, after test driving a S4, $40k 330i, and a IS300, the WRX is more "comfortable" to sit in and drive... Comfort and Luxury are two different things ;) Dont forget that...

lev: And ECU upgrade/Chip for the WRX will be simular to the VW/Audi 1.8T engine... LOTS of VERY NOTICABLE gains with a single mod. I bet when we get the first numbers for these chips, its going to be around 240 hp with just the chip mod, not to mention more "umph" from the car (which alot of people complain about the lack of "umph")
    The WRX wagon DOES NOT handle better for 3 reasons:
    1) Width
    2) Weight
    3) Its got a smaller rear sway-bar and different rear suspension components :P

Danem: Your doing a biased comparison... Try compairing it to other 2001/2002 model $25k cars ;)
  • uniballeruniballer Member Posts: 4
    if I could find a dealer willing to part with those BBS wheels at that price. That at least will bring the cost down to about US$3000 WITH tires.

Sheesh. What am I thinking? That is kinda nuts. I want to spend around 2k on good wheels and tires. I am thinking that the dimensions aren't hard to match, and the weight wouldn't be far off either. The ony thing I would be sacrificing would be forged aluminum vs. cast aluminum. I would think that a high quality cast rim should be strong enough.

This has turned into a serious delimma for me. Any suggestions?
  • mic138mic138 Member Posts: 5
    I picked up my 2002 WRX last night. I had them put on the 17' wheel package. Motegi MR7 Gun Metal wheels with Toyo Proxes FZ4s. They look absolutley awesome with the black color car. 5 sp and no options other than the standard.

One problem...maybe. When giving it more than moderate throttle btw 2000 and 3000 rpm, the car feels as it is hesitating a bit. I am not sure if that is due to the car not being broken in yet, or my inexperience with this engine. Has anyone else experienced this sensattion? I will continue to play with it, but I will abide by the 1000 mile break in period. Man, 1000 miles is such long way away.....
    Sway bars are super-cheap. The WRX sedan has an 18mm rear bar that SPT sells for $78 (wholesale). Easy fix, if you ask me. Just 4 bolts, 30 minutes or so.

Or, spend twice that and get an 18-22mm whiteline adjustable.

BBS makes great wheels, no doubt. So it depends on why you want them. Are you going to autocross, so the unsprung weight is extrememly important? Can you afford them also? Then go for it.

I shopped around and found a special for 16"x7" cast alloys for just $75 each. With tires and all, I paid $643, delivered to my doorstep.

It's not hard to find 17" rims for $90-110 or so on special, so I imagine you could Plus One for about a grand, less than half the cost of the BBS wheels alone.

Some people are willing to pay double for something slightly better, because it matters that much to them. How much does it matter to you? Only you can answer that question.

mic - you may have a bad ECU or 02 sensor. See if it persists.

-juice
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    from NewImpreza.com has a set of 18" rims on order (he may now have them) for his new white WRX. I think(?) he was getting "P Zeros."

Bob
  • c230kc230k Member Posts: 1
    does anybody have insight into the availability of HID headlight units for the WRX?
    I've seen a HID kit on a '99 Legacy and a 2000 Impreza, but not yet on the new platform. I'm sure they'll be offered soon. The owner, who I met at a local i Club meet, said they now go for about $440.

Pretty wild - they take a while to warm up. The meet was at night and the lighting was amazing - it lit up the entire parking lot!

-juice

PS 18" sounds pretty extreme. OK for the track, but I couldn't tolerate the ride they would give on DC's roads
    jeff..

yea i have heard joe is the man up at carter..havent sopke with him yet..i was surprised that i at least got to drive the car although only around the block..for an outsider like me regarding subarus.. i really would need to get some quality time behind the wheel before i could get off the fence regarding the wrx..the more i see it in person the better it looks..i geuss it kinda grows on you..and the wrx brochure i got from the dealer really shows the car off well..i would have to get used to that tinny feeling when u close the door..but hopefully its a reliable car that will keep going and going..

so as far as more performance from the turbo..does anyone have a re-programmed ecu for the car..and is their a boost controller that can be used for this car without throwing fault codes..etc..anyone have a full 3 inch exhaust yet..just wondering..
  • klxklx Member Posts: 5
    kostamojen2: I beg to differ on the below comments. "The WAX wagon DOES NOT handle better for 3 reasons: BS
    1) Width
    2) Weight
    3) Its got a smaller rear sway-bar and different rear suspension components :P."

Reading specs and ACTUALLY driving both cars = no significant difference.

Width: If one can tell the difference in 1in. wider track they ought to be employed by a formula 1 team.

Weight: Again, not significant. Its' the difference between a near empty or full tank of gas or between physically large vs lighter driver.

Rear Suspension Spec: Same bar on Wagon as Sedan. All other parts the same too. The wagon does have 5' less (-)camber at both ends, but that could be adjusted if desired.
    I'd be curious to see what the cd is for both cars. I'll bet the wagon is cleaner. No notchback turbulence.
    Those 100lbs stuck on the back do one major thing... Make the car more tail happy.
    After test driving both, the wagon definatly flings around more in the back, which can be a good thing when done right, but can also decrease grip and the speed at which you can corner, constituting worse handling.
    And the rear suspension is different, and why the Wagon costs $500 less (along with the extra width of the sedan and the fender flares)
  • sajohnsonsajohnson Member Posts: 48
    A: Bridgestone RE730

B: Nitto NT-450

C: Kumho ECSTA 712

D: None of the above

How about it? I've got about a month until my WRX arrives. I'd like to have replacements for the RE92's by then. BTW the Subaru dealer and a local (Frederick, MD)tire retailer said they would not buy the RE92's-any ideas?
  • silver_skysilver_sky Member Posts: 12
    my tire dealer would buy the re92 for $200

and I got a chance to use it for 2000 miles

if you want to buy summer tires..go with 'max performance' category tires..and bridgestone potenza s-02 pole position is one of the best IMO..

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/avs_sport.htm

• silver_skysilver_sky Member Posts: 12
    my tire dealer would buy the re92 for $200

and I got a chance to use it for 2000 miles

if you want to buy summer tires..go with 'max performance' category tires..and bridgestone potenza s-02 pole position is one of the best IMO..

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/avs_sport.htm

• barresa62barresa62 Member Posts: 1,379
    on a variety of surfaces, both wet and dry go w/Bridgestone RE730. They also have a good wear factor. Check out the owner's responses this tire on www.tirerack.com. I plan on getting these for my WRX wagon when the time comes or I have the $ saved (of course they will be 17" along w/a 17" wheel, probably OZ or Speedlines)

Stephen
    (silver 5spd wagon)
    Out of those choices, definitely the RE730.

-Colin
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Member Posts: 1,339
    I, too would vote for the RE730, but then I recommended them quite a few posts back :) A question - why is everyone in such a big hurry to ditch their 16s and RE92s? Sure, they aren't very grippy (compared to ultra high performance tires), but they do behave in a predictable manner. I thought the ability to break the rear end loose and power through turns was one of the traits everyone was looking forward to? If you switch to ultra sticky street tires, you may lose the ability to have some fun at normal speeds. Plus, you better be sure of your driving abilities before pushing your new 3200 lb. toy to high speeds and attempting to discover the breakaway characteristics of your new rubber.
  • corduroygtcorduroygt Member Posts: 19
    Get Colin McRae Rally 2.0. It is a pretty realistic simulation of the World Rally Championship. You will need at least a pentium 3 and a good 3d accelerator card. Then play the rally of Sweden preferably with the subaru (old model year coupe though). Once you've experienced power sliding with opposite lock through the corners, you will know why the WRX is so great and why you should buy one. The WRX is not about straight line speed (A pony car is faster), it's not about niceness or comfort (A WV for that price would be much more luxurious), but it's for the turbo and AWD handling characteristics. If that's your thing,(Yes!) buy one. The WRX is a purpose built car which is also decent in comfort, and that's why I like it and might buy one next year (hope they will have a cheaper 17" option along with the WRX spoiler which is the only thing that would make the rear end bearable) BTW, you can also experience the Mitsubishi Evo as it will probably be as close as you're going to get to the real thing unless you're super rich or visit a friend abroad that has one.
This discussion has been closed.