Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    I was just testing your. lol
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    I hear you bro. I really think the car handles best about 90mph myself. But you have to be carful of smokeys in the bushes or with cameras. LOL
  • Options
    I must have left the fan on, hi. We had the same temp today.
  • Options
    sirharpersirharper Member Posts: 112
    I guess this just might be the first problem I've had with my M in 2 1/2 years...sorta anyway. The leather on my steering wheel is flaking away from where my hands usually are. I know others have had problems with the tops of their steering wheels and was wondering what if anything they've done about it.
  • Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    those with the problem have had the wheel replaced, usually under warranty. Hopefully you're still covered---the new wheel seems more durable
  • Options
    videoman1videoman1 Member Posts: 201
    I recently posted a message saying that my 300M showed that I was getting 30-32 MPG during the trip from Dearborn MI to Brampton Canada. I did mention that it was the instant MPG reading and not the AVG MPG reading. However, I figured that readings above the Chrysler rated 26 Highway is possible and you could even get much more.

Well, on a recent trip over Labor Day, my family and I (2 adults, 2 kids and luggage) went from Pittsburgh PA to Meadville PA near Lake Erie. For those of you who've never been to Pennsylvania, it's not the flattest land in the country. The trip I took didn't send me through the mountains of central PA, however, there were some hills and twists to contend with.

I figured, hey, this is gives me a good chance to see what the AVG MPG will be. So I gassed up the M with midgrade gas and was on my way. It took about 8 miles of stop and go driving before I hit the interstate, but once there, I averaged 75 mph. Usually going between 70 and 80 depending on traffic. During that time, I had my wife take a snapshot of the overhead computer.

http://public.fotki.com/videoman1/300m_mpg/mpg-reading.html

This was the highest reading I got about 3/4 through the trip. It's about a 2 hour drive of about 100 miles. When I got to my destination, I averaged 27.7 MPG which consisted of around 70% interstate and 30% country roads which I drove around 55 mph.

So the way I figure it, with my dual exhaust, Tornado Air, a flat highway, and keeping with the 65 mph speed limit it is very possible to get 30 MPG with a 300M. Maybe more once I change my intake to an Air Charger.

-vman
  • Options
    splattsplatt Member Posts: 328
    Well, the new wheels are good, but... ;) I got my wheel replced less than a year ago (January actually) and it's now again starting to peel. Now I've got 35.7k miles. Now I did actually just buy the 6/100 chrysler 0 deduct. warranty so it should be covered through that as well. But even though it's just barely begining, I want to get it on record with the local dealer before I hit 36k just to be sure...
  • Options
    mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    Splatt-Get it done while under the factory warranty. The extended warranty does not cover the leather on the steering wheel, or any trim.
    Toms99-Your spoiler is similar to the one on the red car in the picture, but not identical. The one in the photo rolls more into the fender line on the sides. The feet on your spoiler are a little further spaced apart and closer to the outer edges. Thanks for the headlight cover info.
    Bobspc-Ditto on the headlight cover info.
  • Options
    mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    ALL-Does anyone recognize who manufactures/sells the exact spoiler in post #20182???????????
  • Options
    kosh_2258kosh_2258 Member Posts: 338
    Maybe this is the one you're looking for:

http://www.sportwing.com/

• Options
    silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    My 2k wheel started to deteriate around 25K mi. The dealer ordered and installed a replacement under warranty. It is holding up so far, but initially had a "cardboard" feel. Now with an application of Zaino leather treatment and oils from my hands it feels a little better.

Good luck!
    Silver
  • Options
    brimstonsmbrimstonsm Member Posts: 24
    Hello,

I took some pics of the lens on my 99M

that I bought from Joe. I took some daytime

And night pics. the pics are ok. the cam I got

Stinks.its one of those free ones :)) here is a

Link http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/brims300m/lst?.dir=/My+Photos&.view=t
  • Options
    where did you get that clear side marker light? would look great on silver---also, who did your custom pin stripes?
  • Options
    easyrider,
    got markers at pep boys :)) APC brand...
    the pin stripe a friend of mine Bob Coslett
    he's in ca,
  • Options
    cbwonguscbwongus Member Posts: 40
    It's been a long time since I've read this board... does anyone have a link to a lowering kit for a 2002 300M? I couldn't really find anything a year ago when i was looking, I'm thinking of doing this if i can find a kit that won't screw up my car.

C
  • Options
    lonestarsledlonestarsled Member Posts: 226
    Check here:

http://www.hrsprings.com/

Select APPLICATIONS, Then SUSPENSION, then choose CHRYSLER/DODGE. Don't go by the suggested retail, places like Tirerack.com and others carry them for about $270.

• Options
    intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    david53...
    good choice (Avid t4's). You won't regret it!

easyrider300m...
    I had the crack in the armrest -- it even started to make a noise when I rested my arm on it. You are right -- they replace the whole door panel!

sirharper...
    I had my steering wheel replaced when it started chafing. However, the replacement wheel seemed much cheaper and didn't feel right. Feels a little better now or maybe I'm just used to it. I still regret replacing the original -- the chafing wasn't that bad...
  • Options
    Has anyone changed or taken off the alarm led
    on the 300m front dash and if so how hard? does it
    come off with a clip or do I gotta go under dash...grits teeth....:))
  • Options
    Is the 4 headlight mod legal? Sure is wicked looking, and I'm sure it must be BRIGHT! :) Also, does the mod just keep the low beams from turning off when you turn on the highs, or something more sinister and complicated in play here?
  • Options
    its not really that bright. but you have to get
    the drl module from the dealer. all this mod does
    instead of drl's on only at daytime. it keeps them
    on all the time. or you can just have drl's only
    for daytime. you should checkout the ez board under mods for this mod. theres a lot of good info
    hope this helps
  • Options
    uxca300muxca300m Member Posts: 155
    This just blew me away. I'd put a coat of Z-6 on my car yesterday. To-day I went to a constuction site and had to drive in and out a couple of 100 yards. The site was dusty but it seemed like the dust was swirling around the windows as if attracted to to the car. The pictures show how it looked after I got home. It's gotta be something to do with the Zaino and the electrostatic attraction. I thought that Z-6 was supposed to negate this but obviusly not. If this works here the pictures.
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~mhicken/
  • Options
    toms99toms99 Member Posts: 252
    Holy Dustbowl ! Hose that M down !!!!
  • Options
    pjyoungpjyoung Member Posts: 885
    You shoulda seen the ones without Zaino ;>)
  • Options
    I thought you were trying to spray paint your M, the champane color.
  • Options
    jab02lhsjab02lhs Member Posts: 122
    It's just an oversized Etch a Sketch.
    Pick it up, turn it over, and shake.
    There, "all clean again"
  • Options
    denvermdenverm Member Posts: 358
    I take it brimstonsm put the DRL module in his car and then modified it so that when his light switch is set to low beams, all four beams light but the DRL module reduces the output from the high beams to the daytime running light level, but then when he switches to high beams they come on full force, or am I missing something?????

I'm confused about this query from sdmike: "Also, does the mod just keep the low beams from turning off when you turn on the highs, or something more sinister and complicated in play here?'

I've done no mods to my 2000's headlights, and my low beam bulbs stay on when I switch to high beam (which also lights the inner, high beam bulbs).
  • Options
    Thanks to dg300

check these old mod posts

link.... http://pub88.ezboard.com/f300menthusiastsclubfrm2.showMessage?topicID=30.topic

• Options
    took my y2k M in for its final warranty covered repair work--long list of minor stuff:

bcm replacement for flickering light prob---hope it doesnt turn out to be the dimmer

seat bolts for shifting seat prob

seat heater replacement

antenna for overhead garage door opener

drivers armrest depression--possibly split under vinyl

discolored razorstar wheel--not sure if they will replace under warranty

door lock actuator-solenoid on drivers door (second one to break)

visor clip to replace broken clip

So I will be driving a dealer supplied Cheep for a couple of days---what a p o s--rattles,noisy engine--poor turn handling--yuk----whatdya want for nuttin---sure will be glad to get the M back--

I'll let ya know how it turns out.

EZ
  • Options
    My question can only be described as a "brain burp". It sounds like the DRL module keeps the high beams on "low power" all the time...day and night...unless you click on the high beams (at which point they go high power). The advantage of the mod then would be to allow the use of all 4 lights all the time without being overly offensive with the high beams...otherwise turning on the lights and high beams would give that look all the time...day or night.
  • Options
    Holy dirtbag, batman!! At least your dirt has good taste! Now get a hose out to that thing!
  • Options
    wire2wire2 Member Posts: 188
    Easy enough but why would you?
    Just tape up a butter knife and insert in the seam between the IP and front apron and pry the apron up all along. Then pull the apron rearward to release from the front clips. You'll find the module screwed to the IP extension with a 4 wire plug, 2 for the LED, 2 for the Cds cell (to sense sun load for A/C and control Auto headlights)
  • Options
    the high beams do stay on at lower power. and
    go on to reg power when in use. also I like this
    mod because I can have my lows my fogs and my highs at lower power now. also since I did that
    mod that 300M did for the hood on the fog lights
    I get more side light now. and the side of my fogs
    look like I got corning lights now. ;)
  • Options
    Pretty soon Club members will know us from our different lighting combonations. (head light, fog light, side marker, tail light, and third (if appical) brake light Mods)
  • Options
    "neon light" mod--
  • Options
    Yeah I got clear strobes in my reverse back up lights too :)) LOL........I also plan to tie in
    another set to my clear third brake light too.
    so they match my reverse lights when backing up...
  • Options
    uxca300muxca300m Member Posts: 155
    Somebody mentioned at the Brampton Hotel that one of the local guys had duals installed on his M. You guys know who that is or where I can get them done here. Not havng much luck with the local shops. Thanks
  • Options
    ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    http://members.rogers.com/gborges/ check this out , he changed the exhaust on his Special
  • Options
    grunschevgrunschev Member Posts: 106
    I'd imagine if you drive around at night with all four headlights illuminated you'll get a lot of people flashing their brights at you.

Igor

PS. Just returned from my third long road trip of the summer. My '99 just turned over 60,000 miles.

PPS to Denverm: I think Denver drivers all got stupid lately (present company excepted, I'm sure). I had an absolutely terrifying drive up I-25 last Wednesday night.
  • Options
    I was thinking of using a small red neon tube
    by street glow or lite glow in my clear third brake lite. I think it will look pretty good. give me some input of what you think..? or
    would it show enough red when you hit the brakes.
  • Options
    its not really four lights at full power.
    its just the low beams and DRL's lights. now
    if I hit the high beams thats for lights at
    full power plus the DRL's. I drive the freeway
    daily and a lot of two lane highways too. and no
    one has flashed me. I have had this mod for about
    four months now.I think those hind lights are really bad when not aimed right. my lights don't
    even compare..:)
  • Options
    silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    Holy cow! Are you sure you didn't go off-road in the Baja? ;>) Mine looked pretty bad after driving my kid down a gravel/red dirt road to camp, but not like yours. Better check your air filter and the plumbing from the fender vent to the box where the filter fits. You probably have a little sand dune in there somewhere.

Silver
  • Options
    go for it!
  • Options
    see my previous post above to see list of repairs requested

take 2 more stars away from my dealer service dept:

they kept my car for 2 days for the 8 repairs noted below

seat heater not in stock yet

antenna for overhead univ remote not yet in stock

visor clip not yet in

wheel discoloration--sorry not covered

armrest indentation: sorry out of warranty not covered--

seat bolts for shifting seats--"please bring in the TSB again" they cant find the tsb on this--how come I can find it!--(3rd time I gave it to them)--supposed to have already been ordered

BCM---one they ordered is defective--will reorder part again--I think they use refurbished bcm's---

door lock solenoid---replaced it --all set

so of the 8 repairs requested , they completed one to my satisfaction in the 2 days they had my vehicle---please note that all the above parts were supposed to have been ordered 3 months ago--they never sent me a postcard to tell me parts were it---but they did make an appt to install the parts-after I called them 4 times asking if parts were in yet--5* star dealer? I dont think so!
  • Options
    intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    "armrest indentation: sorry out of warranty not covered--"

My armrest was covered by warranty -- someone else had theirs replaced, too (a couple of years ago).

Sounds like a -3* dealer. Tell them others have had theirs replaced under warranty. If they won't do it, find another dealer!
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    easyrider300m-

Are you REALLY surprised? Seems to be SOP at most "5-STARS"!

This past weekend I was in Keene, NH. My friend has a 99 Platinum LHS, upgraded stereo and aluminum wheels that she inherited when her father passed away last year. The car has 29,700 miles. I had an opportunity to be a passenger in the car AND to drive it on Sunday.

On Saturday night, I was sitting in the backseat behind the driver. It was still light out. Headlights set on "A" and rheostat set at "max". All of a sudden, something caught my eye. The overhead display- directions and temp- starting flashing along with the odometer and the CD indicator light- NOTHING else was flashing. It was going from dim to real bright! I didn't say a thing because my friend's husband has NO patience with the "5-STARS" or this car, but just smiled to myself. Then, my friend's husband said to me- ever had this happen to you with the 300? I said no, but plenty of other people have had something similar. I told him to turn the dimmer switch to low and then back to the first notch. Blinking stopped! He said that it seems to happen when it's wet outside. I told him that it may return and that it could be the switch or the BCM! I know he was "thrilled" at the thought of ANOTHER visit to the "5-STAR". He's been there twice recently for something else, but I can't remember what right now. Supposedly, it was fixed twice, but it still doesn't work.

Sunday, I had the opportunity to drive the car. Thoughts of Christine came back to me in a FLASH! LOL... The steering wheel shimmied back and forth at about 60 MPH. The brakes shuddered when stopping and an annoying sound is coming from the rear. It sounds tire related, but is there constantly. I don't know how to explain it exactly. It's not a whine or a thump exactly, but something that should not be there.

I did get to check the left front tire and noticed the usual- WORNOUT on the outside edge. Never looked at the other front tire. I know that my friend's husband takes care of the car because he has plenty of time since he's retired. He just doesn't like spending it at the "5-STAR" while they are supposedly working on it.

One other thing that I noticed while I was sitting in the backseat is that the window switch didn't work. I'm sure that the lockout wasn't on because someone opened the other window. I didn't say a thing to him about this because he's never back there and rarely is anyone else. I don't think they'll have this car for long, so why aggravate him anymore.

How I don't miss ANY of this crap! ;-))

fastdriver
  • Options
    glennbpglennbp Member Posts: 327
    You need to find another dealer ASAP even if it is considerably farther away. Your post indicates to me that this service dept. not only doesn't give a rat's [non-permissible content removed] about it's customers, but is also totally incompetent!
  • Options
    It sounds like you carry a virus that LH vehicles just have no imuneity to. LOL Just stay away from my 300M, LOL. No problems
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    300michael-

LOL....Nice try, but I KNOW it's not ME!! Those problems were there BEFORE I appeared on the scene. However, I can understand your "worry". ;-))

If I am possessed, I have not set off any alarms yet as I walk past/drive past any LH cars! At least not that I know about.

fastdriver
  • Options
    denvermdenverm Member Posts: 358
    LOL, I go to California and complain about the drivers there, and you come to Denver and complain about the drivers here! I-25 can be ugly these days with the T-REX construction project. Glad you made it out alive!