Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Options
    phases78phases78 Member Posts: 471
    so your in the market for a M eh? well, your in the market for an outstanding car. 2002 SHOULD be in showrooms within a few months i suppose, but im not sure. as far as i know that rumor u heard about a 300m with 300 hp, is just that. i even asked my dealer about it lol. in fact i dont even know if theres gonna be a special edition period. but, on the bright side. you dont need it, what they got now is bad enough as it is. i love my M, best car ive had yet...
  • Options
    rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    Our inside guy at the plant (ottowrkr) assures us it's on the schedule. Will be a 2002-1/2 limited edition, probably come out next spring. It will look a lot like the "special edition" they showed at the car shows last year.

Here's a link to some information about it:

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b101100.htm
  • Options
    What the heck are you up to now?? I agree with the rest, you got some muy grande huevos Man!! More power to ya'.
  • Options
    The only thing you're still missing is a Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club logo static cling decal on your windshield. They're gettin' more popular all the time. All the coolest Ms have them now.

NOTE: The photopoint URL is NOT part of the decal.

Check us out at http://www.300mclub.org
  • Options
    We'll e-mail information on the hotels off line. Glad you can make it. The king of mods has to be present to make it complete. I think Avalanche is trying to depose you from your throne. LOL
  • Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    Thanks for the information.
    I think Avalanche has already done that. I am not far behind in the body mods. In the performance mods is should be interesting???? My Mod time has been cut down due to a new job, no more 6 days in a row off.
  • Options
    Tell me you are not making Maxima tail lights for your M I have an order for an Wing from wings4less with an LED brake light built in. I like you never liked the current location. I am trying to locate a 2001 Chrysler sebring convertable rear lincense plate holder assembly (looks like the 300N one) to redue the rear trunk lid.
  • Options
    kskerbakskerba Member Posts: 1
    I just got my 2001 300M, on the 3rd night, started the car, and lo and behold, no instrument cluster lights. (ie, speedo, tach etc.)

All other interior lights work, the odomoter and PRNDL lights work AND dim properly, just no luck on the Instrument cluster lights.

Any thoughts ?, I did check the fuse panel and all looks fine............

tks !

KSK
  • Options
    avalanche165avalanche165 Member Posts: 558
    300mike, performance is gonna be interesting....and fun no doubt...the body mods, u must be doing some fly stuff to be a little behind...can't wait too see it. but what i'm gonna do in july, will blow your doors off, and mike, u were in the chat room, so u know what i'm talkin about....
  • Options
    check the dome light intensity rotator, i know it sounds dumb but its happened to me tons of time. i think somethings wrong, its jsut the switch turned down a bit. otherwise, fuse box on driver door, open and look for burned out fuses....happned to me a bunch when i was installed sound sys....
  • Options
    i gotta cone filter, and i jsut got the filter, took out the stock air box, and hooked the filter via clamp directly to the arm that was already there. but now i need like an arm or something, an extension, to make the cone sit further toward to the left...where can i grab one of these?
  • Options
    scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    Starting here are four 300M Club clock face mockups, if anyone's interested:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1280646&a=9486000&p=48521265&f=0

• Options
    madcityrussmadcityruss Member Posts: 40
    Well, I now know the pleasures of a 300M with duals. Did the deed today and it's great! I wanted to photodocument the work as it was completed, but arrival of my new camera didn't cooperate. Will have to shoot it after the fact in a week or so.

Until then, some highlights: Used Magnaflow 14258 for collector muffler, then stock connecting pipe to Dynomax 17739 transverse rear muffler. From there back, JC Whitney mandrel bent 90s and aluminized pipe out to custom tips made by Ed Hanson (sdmike2's exhaust guy). Because the mandrel bends come out fairly close to the rubber brake lines, we welded little heat shields on each side, and then also mounted a stud for the ground strap on the left mandrel bend. (Ground strap previously attached to stock left rear muffler.) We reused all existing stock hangers and then took an extra Mopar hanger that is used on the left rear and turned it around to hang the right tip. Before all this, I had trimmed the left bumper cutout to make it flat, then transferred mirror image to right side. Touchup paint was sufficient so that I didn't use any molding around the cutouts.

So far, the difference in sound level is subtle, but I understand it may increase over time. Too soon to tell about added power or gas mileage, but it sure looks cool!

A debt of gratitude is owed to the guys here who did this mod before me, especially rogor2k, sdmike2, and 300michael. My job is really a blend of ideas I got from poring over those pictures and diagrams. Thanks for sharing, guys. As I said, I intend to do the same in the near future.

-Russ
  • Options
    I agree, #3 is the best of the four.
  • Options
    Try your local building supply. The standard 3" black PVC pipe and adapters are available in a bunch of different angles and lengths to do whatever you want. They also have 3" rubber hose and band clamps.

Pics, we want pics. I guess you can't miss the Wednesday chats or you miss all the action. LOL
  • Options
    thill381thill381 Member Posts: 64
    Well I finally bought a set of clear side marker lights and got them mounted. Now can anyone save me the trouble of finding the turn signal wires. I do not want them to be on with the parking lights, just the signals. If anyone can tell me the color of the wires to tap it would go greatly appreciated. I will post poictures this week.

Thanks
  • Options
    dual exhaust is next fellas... im gonna have someone do it, but i need some advice anyway. i know that there are several ways of doing it, so i need to know which is best. id like more power, better gas milage, but i dont want it loud. a LITTLE 'troatier' would be okay, even good, but not one of those cars you hear coming you know what i mean? so what should i have done?
  • Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Phases -
    LOTS of dual exhaust mods in here. Most of us use the "Michael Hugo" design with various modifications. This design replaces the front collector muffler behind the cats, uses the stock intermediate pipe, and uses a transverse mounted second muffler behind the gas pipe that then branches out to twin tips on each side of the car. Roger used Borla tips and a Rhino rear muffler. I used custom tips (Ed Hanson) and a Dynomax in the back. I think 300michael used the same set-up as Roger but with different tips. Madcityruss just did a similar mod (see post 3413). In all cases the sound is exactly what you seem to be looking for. Throatier but not obnoxious by any means. Mine is actually getting nicer as it 'breaks in'.

Here is a link to pictures of my mod, including a doctored original drawing (Michael Hugo) showing my components.

Big Red's Exhaust Gallery

Here is a link to a video file giving you an idea of the sound. Ignore the black box imposed by the shareware program:

Big Red's Exhaust
  • Options
    I missed the first 45 minuets of the chat. But from the looks of things you are going it install remote door latches along with the trunk. In LA is is quite popular then with the custom and lo-riders. You did mention something about Prowler rear end??? Good Luck.
  • Options
    I like my clock faces better (the ones you made me awhile back) I am not to crazy about the club logo, the window sticker is enough for me.
  • Options
    the wire you are looking for is the tan colored one you can locate it in back of the fog lamps. The ground I connected to the body near the hood hinge.
    good luck, Michael
  • Options
    Got my throttle body board out this afternoon. I will polish it up tomorrow, and install it friday. First I will do some runs to compare it to. That is if my G-tech doesn't go out like fastdrivers did. Just waiting for my Intake mods to come in the mail. Will keep you posted.
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    300michael-

LOL.. G-tech?? What G-tech? Never had one. A lot of other things went out with Christine, but G-tech wasn't one of them.

fastdriver
  • Options
    Thanks! im gonna print out that diagram u have to show to a couple companies. it'll be a couple weeks, i can't wait!
  • Options
    jlupejlupe Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Does anyone have any recomendations of companies
    for upgrading the factory wood?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Sorry, it must have been easy that has one.
  • Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Congrats! You said in your message you used a Magnaflow 14258 in the front. How is this different from the 12258 that others of us used? I can't wait to see how it turned out. :)

-M
  • Options
    Try here if you want to upgrade the factory faux wood. They have kits that cover the existing pieces completely.

http://www.autodash.com/model.lasso
  • Options
    I have 2 pipes str8 back and mufflers on each side, this is real loud and everything, but i have 3" pipes. but performance wise, i think its the best, besides Corey's 3.75 stainless steel pipes, but for phases: if u did what i did, with 2.5" pipes, and had resonators in the muffler, u would get max performace, and i think u wouldn't be that loud either....just another idea, different design from Hujo setup, throw up some options...
  • Options
    Now that I've driven her some more, I can definitely feel more horses making it to the wheels.

Any increased noise at idle is barely audible inside the cabin. Outside, there is a nice throaty rumble that I really like. I notice a slight drone inside the cabin when tooling around at about 1800 rpms. This is going to take a little getting used to.

Mike, the 14258 is the stainless version of the same muffler. It was available for 20 bucks more, so I grabbed it. The tips look outstanding. I owe Ed and you guys some pics. I may have a little too much extension on the tips and will probably slide them in about one and a half inches. Right now they attract a little too much attention for the sleeper I want her to be.
  • Options
    well im gonna look around today and do some shopping, but i don't think to many places will be open on a sunday. but thanks again guys! im not sure what im gonna do yet, im just printing out diagrams and msgs that all u post to take to this guy im talkin too. see what we can do.....
  • Options
    rklassrklass Member Posts: 133
    Here's the real California walnut burl kit from Joshua Tree (woodtrim.com) on my '01 Luxury Group:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1501794&a=11408326

They have kits for the standard faux rosewood trim too, but the new pieces are real wood.

Installation is easy, and the quality is excellent.
  • Options
    Has anyone with an '01 noticed how the bottom edge of the exhaust tips discolor from rusty exhaust condensate?
    I just drilled drain holes in the bottom edge of the tips to keep the condensate from spilling over the edge and staining the tips.
    If it works I will post some pix.
  • Options
    ok guys, remember? side markers with the emblem placed a little differently, and the wood kit, well got the pics up on the page now:

http://phases78.homestead.com/300m.html

navigate thru the three pages to see it all. the side markers are on the second page and wood kit on the third, let me know what you think!

• Options
    fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    ????? WHY??????? That's all I can say..... :):)
  • Options
    fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    That was me, mine went to gtech heaven :)

I also got the throttle body. I still am not going to bore it out myself, I'll find a place on monday. Unless some kind fellow 300M soul would do it for me???? :)
  • Options
    like that wood kit! perhaps i should have used joshua tree... u did that pinstripe yourself?
  • Options
    "????? WHY??????? That's all I can say..... :):) "

why what?
  • Options
    kpm61kpm61 Member Posts: 35
    Help. I'm about to byy a 300m and would like to test drive one with the performance package first.
    How can I find out where they are at.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Options
    Like the web site phases!
    I solved the camera glare problem by taking the pix outdoors and using fill-in flash. The pix were scanned, so I could modify them as necessary to reduce glare.
    My wood kit did not have an overhead console trim piece, nor a passenger side power seat trim. The overhead trim for the Luxury group is different from the standard console, and is hopefully in the works.
    No, I didnt do the stripes; a local striper hand painted them on for me. We "borrowed" the design from the US Postal Service...don't tell!
  • Options
    Kevin, if you are in the Western New York area you can drive mine. (the user profile doesn't seem to be working tonite!)
    Otherwise, maybe someone on the board from your area will volunteer theirs.
  • Options
    kelperkelper Member Posts: 3
    Hello everybody! Yesterday I bought a silver 2000 300M - and am I ever jazzed! I think its got PHG, but I need (for my own sanity) to verify this once and for all. It has P225/55R17-95V Michelin Pilots. They look like they've been on the car since it was new 10,700 miles ago (it went into service in May 2000). Is this a good sign I've got PHG? Did all non-PHG 300M's have Goodyear tires in 2000? I tried measuring front rotors on other 2000 M's, but it's hard to tell a few fractions of an inch difference bent over with a tape measure in a dealer's lot (with a salesman trotting towards you). Is there some place I can look up my VIN to confirm PHG-ness (CARFAX doesn't get this detailed), or some other absolute tell-tale sign? I know, I know... just go over 118 MPH => It sure feels like I got PHG, but I want absolute proof, damnit! Thanks everybody, this is a great group!
  • Options
    Welcome Greg!
    If it has Michelin Pilot tires, it has PHG...you're ganna love it!
  • Options
    mine has michelins but its 2001, i think all of em have michelins in 2001 right?
  • Options
    funroadsfunroads Member Posts: 49
    Right. In 2001 the only tire (regardless of PHG) was the Pilots.
  • Options
    kelperkelper Member Posts: 3
    I don't think the non-PHG 01's are Pilots. I believe they are Energys.
  • Options
    bullseye3bullseye3 Member Posts: 12
    I really like the looks of the Lorinser "trim panel on the engine hood". Is this really available? I went into the Lorinser web page and I couldn't find anything referring to this being available. Let me know
  • Options
    there michelin somthings.....
  • Options
    kpm61kpm61 Member Posts: 35
    Thanks for the offer krlass but I live in Western Kentucky.
    The dealer did a search and said they are available, Is there a way I can find their search page ?
    I plan on buying one this week but want to test a PG first.
    If anyone knows of one in a dealer in western KY, TN, southern IN or I or DE Missouri please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Kelvin
  • Options
    i live in clarksville tn and none of the dealerships here have one..... maybe nashville, ill check for ya..