2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Talk to the Press

Comments

• Options
    swschradswschrad Member Posts: 2,171
    and nobody is wailing about the lyric content any more. that on-web ad is not gonna raise many more hackles.

should, but won't. not for a bunch of 12-year-olds who have spent all afternoon playing GTA-3.

that battle's already lost
  • Options
    0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Yes, I watched the video.
    I won't argue that it isn't exactly what I would call good advertising or that it is of bad taste, but in this day and age, the disclaimer stuff is taken way too far. Seems that everyone has to have a 10 page disclaimer to prevent people from hurting themselves.
    As George Carlin put it, "Maybe stupid people shouldn't be protected from themselves".

No, I wouldn't have made a video like that. Mostly because I would never own some little car like that.
    Of the years I spent with muscle cars, we never raced on the street, always on a dragstrip, with all NHRA/IHRA regulations.

Hmm, think there must be a better topic to carry this?
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    As George Carlin put it, "Maybe stupid people shouldn't be protected from themselves".

Hey I agree, and if it was ONLY themselves, I'd have no problem with it. But If one of these little punks hit's me in my car while I'm on the way to one of my SCCA Auto-x or Track Events, they no longer are only hurting themselves they are hurting me.

I agree that no one is gonna care about it, but that's the problem with our society today, no one cares until it happens to them....

-mike
  • Options
    div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    If some worthless punk is going to street race, he's going to do it regardless of whether Dodge makes an edgy video. Disclaimers are moronic and insulting. Have you seen the Ford ad where the Focus drives down the football field and makes a touchdown? That ad has one of those idiotic "Professional Driver/Closed Course/Do Not Attempt".
  • Options
    prlady1prlady1 Member Posts: 573
    A daily newspaper wants to talk with you if you live in Michigan and have a 2002 or 2003 model year vehicle and use your back seat area often, not only for kids but also taking advantage of various versatility options in new vehicles today. Please send your daytime contact information and brief comments to jfallon@edmunds.com by Monday, May 12.

Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A daily newspaper wants to talk with you if you have a 2002 or 2003 model year vehicle and use your back seat area often, not only for kids but also taking advantage of various versatility options in new vehicles today. Please send your daytime contact information and brief comments to jfallon@edmunds.com by Monday, May 12.

Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major magazine is looking to interview recent and current car-shoppers who are/were willing to wait for the right incentive before buying a new vehicle...if you care to participate, please send your daytime contact information and brief comments to jfallon@edmunds.com by Tuesday, May 20.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major daily newspaper is looking to interview folks who purchased a car for over sticker price since the beginning of this year. If you have a story to share, please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information by May 28, 2003.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major daily newspaper is interested in talking with Jaguar XJ owners. She wonders: what do you like about your XJ, and what don't you like? What do you think about the quality of your vehicle? Please respond with your daytime contact information and your XJ's model year by Friday, June 6 to jfallon@edmunds.com.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major daily newspaper is interested in talking with hybrid vehicle drivers. She wonders: how is the car holding up? Have you had any problem with its battery? If so, what has happened? Please respond with your daytime contact information and the make, model and year of your vehicle by Wednesday, June 25 to jfallon@edmunds.com.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A reporter with a daily newspaper is interested in talking with consumers who are concerned about automotive name changes. For example, minivans and station wagons are rarely called those anymore, and Chevrolet is renaming the Cavalier. Are owners concerned about seeing the names go away, and/or the falling values relating to name changes?
    Please respond by Monday, June 1 to jfallon@edmunds.com.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A journalist with a daily newspaper is interested in talking with owners of vehicles equipped with adaptive lighting. Please respond with your daytime contact information by Tuesday, June 2
    to jfallon@edmunds.com.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    What's that? Auto-on lights you mean?

-mike
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,058
    I thought it was like interior mood lighting.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    While those are both legitimate examples of adaptive lighting, our journalist friend is actually looking for owners of vehicles like the Lexus RX330, MINI Cooper, etc that have headlights that move to illuminate corners and other blind spots when the vehicle is turning. Thanks!
  • Options
    A journalist is working on a story about how drivers sometimes have trouble seeing out of there cars, especially to the rear, when backing up or changing lanes. He's looking to talk with anyone who has experienced visibility problems, blind spots, etc. while driving, and learn how they dealt with it. Did they adjust their seating position or driving style, or did they just get a different car? These blind spots can be in any direction, though the story focuses on rearward vision. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Tuesday, June 10 with your daytime contact information and vehicle make and model.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    Would cars who have corner lights that go on when you signal qualify?

-mike
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    I can't wait to read this article, Jeannine! I have had this complaint for years. It's the only explanation I can think of as to why I can always center my 8-foot wide dually pickup in our 9-foot parking spaces at work, but the Corolla drivers always manage to put their tires on the darn stripes.

Worst new offender - Nissan Murano rear corners

kcram
    Host
    Smart Shopper and FWI Message Boards
  • Options
    xccoachlouxccoachlou Member Posts: 245
    It's called simply a lack of consideration and common courtesy.

- Lou
  • Options
    it's the attitude of, "I will take at least two parking spots so nobody can bang their door into mine and chip the paint."

but be interesting to have a link back to that article when done, and see what they found out.
  • Options
    hjr2hjr2 Member Posts: 105
    go to a Wal-Mart, and they throw their carts everywhere, and do band into all vehicles. Wife saw a woman do this to her car 2 years ago. She was going to the car after a purchase and saw a wonman throw her cart willie-nillie.
    The cart hit her front irght fender(only ding in 62K...by a shopping cart and a lazy person). She rant to her car to get her pen(to right the license plate down, and some old guy interferred(got in the way....) he was looking at the ding and wife had to push him outta the way. By the time she got the pen, the car was taking off.

I have also seen carts rolling down the incline from an over filled cartarea in the parking lot, and hit other cars in the side.

Ya can't win.
    Or, we also had large hail here, and put dings in my car.
    It has 98K, so I don't worry.
    Also, rocks from other vehicles that fling form their tires into your vehicle, or "pea gravel" like they use in the Midwest for snow covered roads(along with salt).
  • Options
    I'm seeking an Arizona driver who regularly takes State Route 51 in Phoenix and finds it very difficult (or maybe unreasonable) to go 45 MPH, the current work-zone speed limit. This is for a tv news report. Need leads by 05:00 PM US/Pacific JUN 04. Please respond to Keith Yaskin kyaskin@yahoo.com with your daytime telephone number.
  • Options
    A journalist with a woman's magazine is looking to hear from a woman over 40 who had a bad car experience in the past and used Edmunds.com to gain advice that she applied to improve her automotive situation. If you'd like to participate, please send your story (in at least 40-60 words) to jfallon@edmunds.com by June 20.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A midwestern daily newspaper is looking for people currently or recently involved in a "total" with their insurance company. The reporter will need to interview you by phone and your comments may be used in print. If you are interested, please respond with your daytime phone number by Monday, June 16 to jfallon@edmunds.com.
    Thanks much,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    If you're an RX 330 or Cayenne owner who has adaptive headlights (that rotate on turns, etc), and are willing to be quoted in print about your experience, would you please contact me at jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime phone number asap no later than Friday, June 13?
    Thanks much,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    I'm looking for some people who have recently bought new cars and traded in their old ones. Did you receive what you expected for your trade-in? If you were shopping for a new car again, would the lower trade-in value make you hold on to your car longer? Please respond by 05:00 PM US/Eastern JUN 19 to ron@csmonitor.com.
  • Options
    A reporter needs to talk with people who used to own American cars or trucks and won't anymore because they like Asian cars better or had bad experience with American vehicles. Please respond by Friday, June 27 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major Southern California media outlet is looking for a So Cal person or two who have recently bought, or inquired about, a 3-year-old (or so) Ford car, Chevy car and/or Toyota or Honda cars. (We are not looking for truck shoppers at this time; thanks anyway.)
    Please respond by Monday, June 30 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime and/or weekend contact information.
    Thanks much!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A reporter is aiming to interview someone who recently bought a new Ford for less than $38,000 after either owning used cars or waiting a while to replace a paid-off car.
    Please send your response including Ford model and daytime contact info by Monday, June 30 to jfallon@edmunds.com.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A magazine reporter is looking to interview owners of certified used vehicles, particularly those bought within the past year. If you have a story to share, please contact rmalkin@hearst.com or jfallon@edmunds.com by July 10 with your daytime phone number and the type of vehicle you purchased.
    Thanks for your consideration!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major midwestern newspaper is interested in talking with consumers who ignored domestics manufacturers' $3-4k rebates/0% financing offers and bought Japanese vehicles instead.
    Please respond by Wednesday, July 2 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information and the make/model of your vehicle.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major media outlet is looking for anyone who has recently bought, or inquired about, 3-year-old (or so) Ford, Chevy, Toyota or Honda cars. (We are not looking for truck shoppers at this time; thanks anyway.)
    Please respond by Monday, June 30 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information.
    Thanks much!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    genegoddessgenegoddess Member Posts: 9
    I have one... Local dealer (Houston) has been advertising the same 2002 Subaru Forester (same VIN, same stock #) for at least three weeks. It was sold for the "first time" that I heard almost three weeks ago, but is still advertised and, depending on who you talk to, is either still there (via phone) or "was sold yesterday".

I've reported them to the BBB, FTC, and state attorney general. No response as of yet. If you want to hear more, email me! My email is genegoddess@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Hi,
    A daily newspaper is looking to interview Georgia residents who have taken advantage of the 24 hour GM test drive or other car incentives recently. Please respond by Tuesday, July 8 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    I'm seeking Latina women who drive a Volkswagen Bug, Infiniti G35 and/or sporty convertible. I'm interested in polling these women for an upcoming issue on what these particular vehicles say about them. Please send your contact information by 06:00 PM US/Eastern July 1 to
    Crystal Walker at crystaljoywalker@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,150
    A reporter with a major newswire is looking to interview someone who has taken out a seven-year loan for a car or truck. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info by Monday, July 14.
    Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    A journalist is looking for a person who is in the market to buy a hybrid vehicle. If you care to be interviewed, please respond with your daytime contact information to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, July 11.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A reporter is looking for skiers who rented a car on a ski vacation, had some sort of accident and then had to deal with the credit card company when it came to covering the costs of the damage. In other words, after forsaking CDW at the counter, did Visa or Amex or Discover really come through? Were there unforeseen costs, deductibles, etc.? Please respond to evpotter@aol.com or jfallon@edmunds.com by 3:00 PM Eastern on July 18.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,058
    you forgot to add that it has to be on the third tuesday of the month but only when the moon is full. ;)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    lancerfixerlancerfixer Member Posts: 1,284
    Boy, they're really reaching for stories, huh?

:-)
  • Options
    It's for part of a skiing vacation story. But I should have known you would give us a hard time about it! Now think hard - you probably know tons of people who can reply!
  • Options
    chile96chile96 Member Posts: 330
    I've always denied the extra $25 /day insurance offered by the rental co.'s, reassured that my platinum amex would take care of anything if something ill fated were to happen. However, I've now heard that these CC co's actually don't pay or are last in line when it comes to paying for a claim? What's the word with this? I'd like to know beforehand rather than find out the hard way!

thanks for any info
    fo
  • Options
    but in Minnesota, at least, your auto insurance policy includes coverage for personal rental vehicles. it's the law. so that's one line item you can skip on the contracts.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    chile96, best place for info of that type would be over on the Finanace, Warranty & Insurance Message Board

Follow that link and try posting your question over there.

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • Options
    And now back to our regularly scheduled program...a reporter with a major midwestern daily newspaper is looking to interview a consumer who currently owns a Ford Crown Victoria, or got rid of one in the past month. If you fit the bill, please respond with your daytime contact information to jfallon@edmunds.com by July 28.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A journalist with a major daily newspaper is looking to talk with people who recently bought the Toyota Sienna, the Mini Cooper, the Nissan 350Z, and the Hummer H2, who found ways to circumvent waiting lists and who did not pay more than the sticker price. Please respond with your daytime contact information to Mamayn@aol.com as soon as possible, no later than Tuesday, August 5. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact Edmunds.com PR Director Jeannine Fallon at jfallon@edmunds.com. Thanks!
  • Options
    Have you ever shipped an American-bought vehicle overseas? If so, a writer with a major daily newspaper would like to hear about your experience. Please respond to richbeattie@hotmail.com by Friday, August 8 with your daytime contact information.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major newspaper is looking for anecdotes from business travelers who predominantly use cars in their travels. (not truck drivers or cabbies, etc.). Please respond with your daytime contact info to jfallon@edmunds.com by Aug 11. Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    If they still need people, I know of several STis that sold for less than sticker where there are waiting lists all over the place.

-mike
  • Options
    Thanks, Mike, but actually, the reporter got more responses than she could use in response to that query. Town Hall is gaining popularity and becoming an invaluable tool among journalists who are getting in touch with such great interview candidates here - you all should be proud! (Thanks for making it work!)